Blast from the Past

Didnt realise he was still playing in 1990! Great player in the 70s/80s

Looks great! Any other golden oldies in the game? Players from the 70s/80s? And what about any free transfers, is there a way to find out who was out of contract or realistically still playing bit not for a club?

Yeah i thought of Socrates too but according to the stats his last game for Botafogo was 1989.
01/1989 - 12/1989Botafogo RJ
60.gif
MF
01/1988 - 12/1988Santos FC
60.gif
MF
07/1985 - 12/1987Flamengo RJ
60.gif
MF
07/1984 - 06/1985ACF Fiorentina
25.gif
MF
01/1978 - 06/1984Corinthians SP
60.gif
MF
01/1974 - 12/1977Botafogo RJ
60.gif
MF
I can still add him as a free if you want.

Madrid 89/90

no problem mate take your time

Heres what i have so far....there was a few managers for Madrid around that time Antic, Beenhaker but Toshack started the season at the helm so ive just went with him

Last edited:
Thats brilliant. Ive been really struggling with the Spanish players of 1990 because a lot of them have abbreviated names i.e. Chendo, Buyo, Michel. Trying to find info on them can be tricky :)

Thats brilliant. Ive been really struggling with the Spanish players of 1990 because a lot of them have abbreviated names i.e. Chendo, Buyo, Michel. Trying to find info on them can be tricky :)

yea it suck, was a great website I found out a couple of years back :)

My favourite era love the 90's. 1990 looks a great database mate. The only thing I can pick at is the Liverpool team it looks a bit off you have Ronny Rosenthal rated at 11 million! he really was not that highly rated.Ian Rush was rated more in terms of ability and money. I think you have his reputation way too high.

My favourite era love the 90's. 1990 looks a great database mate. The only thing I can pick at is the Liverpool team it looks a bit off you have Ronny Rosenthal rated at 11 million! he really was not that highly rated.Ian Rush was rated more in terms of ability and money. I think you have his reputation way too high.

I know mate, ive since modified the teams a wee bit since i posted that last sreenshot. I hadnt even tried the game out yet so didnt realise how players stats would look. Rosenthal has since been reduced and is actually on loan from Standard Liege. He signed a permanent deal at the end of his loan spell :)

It's tough getting everything spot on, plus every persons opinion will be different - I even disagree with alot of the FM teams stats, especially in the older games as I knew more about football in general back in the 90s!. Keep at it mate, looking very good. Let me know when you've done Spain / South America

LATEST
1990db.dbc

Ive done about as much as im going to do to the English Leagues just now so i can move onto other leagues. You will probably notice there are a few Championship and lower teams with not many players in there. Mainly because i couldn't find a great deal of info. Im looking for help from any fans of those sides. If you know any good squad lists from 89/90 or just from your own knowledge can you post them and ill update as i go along. Thanks

Last edited:
Not yet im just doing players and staff mainly. Once thats all finished ill concentrate on the finer points :)

ive just been informed by someone else whos played it all day that players need histories/homegrwn otherwise you cant register enough players for european competions so this looks like it may be another MASSIVE change to make to the db before the final one comes out but other than that id say im about 75% complete. Just need to make a start on Spain tonight.