I started a save as Milan, is there any way you can un-retire the number 3 shirt so I can give it to Maldini, or is that not something you can edit?

I think its hard coded into the game so you cant change it :(. Its amazing Maldini is so young but thats his correct age in 1990. Gave him decent stats and a lot of scope for improvement too.

Last edited:
I can't wait to start a game. Question is who to be? I'd line a championship side with a good transfer budget I think...

I plan on doing more work to the champion ship tonight when i get home. Was working on mainly the Scottish league last night and deleting a few more players, I'll put the update on soon

Just been through thread and the database. Extra-ordinary work man. i salute you! Id love to be a part of this and help in any way that i can. whether its wiping out modern players or finding squads. do let me know! this is excellent stuff :)

are you doing much of the scottish leagues?

The Scottish leagues are pretty much finished. I may add a few more players as they crop up. Its hard to get info on a lot of players from 1989 for the smaller teams, i found myself watching old episodes of Scotsport on You tube just to see what the line ups where back then (sad i know, call me stato! lol). Any team in Particuar?

Best.Database.Ever

Cheers mate. Appreciate it. Ive worked night and day on it the last few weeks, the Missus isnt best pleased. "What we doing tonight honey?? Erm ill be working on my database again....oooops"

Just been through thread and the database. Extra-ordinary work man. i salute you! Id love to be a part of this and help in any way that i can. whether its wiping out modern players or finding squads. do let me know! this is excellent stuff :)

Thanks mate, ive been working hard at it. Not much left to do. Fill in the blanks more or less

The Scottish leagues are pretty much finished. I may add a few more players as they crop up. Its hard to get info on a lot of players from 1989 for the smaller teams, i found myself watching old episodes of Scotsport on You tube just to see what the line ups where back then (sad i know, call me stato! lol). Any team in Particuar?

Not really, I'm looking forward to a game with Motherwell and I was hoping for a decent Scottish set-up

Yeah i worked quite hard on the Scottish teams, being from Bellshill myself :)
If there's anyone i missed or any suggestions feel free to ask. Tommy McLean is even manager again. My cousin played from Motherwell round about early 90s but believe it or not i couldnt find any info on him lol

Last edited:
Ive just changed the Champions League back to the European Cup & The Europa League to the UEFA cup to give more of an 89/90s feel :)

Last edited:
Found a couple of players with incorrect ages - Carlo Cudicini, Cristiano Zanetti, Thomas Sorensen, Brad Friedel, Zambrotta, Lee Bowyer, Michael Duberry, Lee Hendrie - may want to delete some/change ages?

Some current players I've found - Razvan Rat, Arturo Vidal, Wellington Nem, Darijno Srna - prob more but I know your still working on it, just letting u know mate

Wijnaldum, Assianti , Tim Krul, (not sure of exact spellings! Just turned it off but I remember seeing them)- holland youngsters. Loving it though :)

i am trying to load that skin you have, have put in a new skins folder under FM13 and followed the steps - doesn't appear though, only the two generic skins. Any ideas why or can anyone help?

Its called Alavanja 13 pervection but ive downloaded a few other things such as TV icons (Shows Sky sports/bbc etc) and kinda looks more like watching a tv game on highlights, badges, sounds etc lol

As long as you've put it in the "skins" folder, when you start a new game in the preferences sections under Clear Cache, make sure the box is ticked that says Reload skin when confirming changes in preferences. Go to skins just to the right of this and there is a menu says Skins, drop down the box to Alavanja and Start a new game :)

Still the same problem with the skin - very weird :(

still reckon this'll be ready by next weekend?