Ok it's tough!, easiest way I think would be to google each team (eg Charlton Athletic 1989/90 squad). You prob wont come close to getting every team, especially abroad but personally I think doing this and adding the odd player here and there for teams you can't get full squads for would be better than having current players mixed in. After a while the game would seem very un 1990 ish! And more like a legends DB. That's what I think anyway, nobody would expect every team from every division anyway, you've done all the main ones already :)

Yeah i can agree with you now. I loaded up the database today to see how it was looking and it did kind of look like a random legends db when i was looking at the international teams. What i think im going to do is delete all the better players so there is still enough average players from today that smaller teams can sign. Who' going to know many second or third division spanish or french lesser known players anyway. They could well have been playing in 1990 if you know what i mean...(no offense to spanish people intended, could have wrote french or scottish to get the point :))

Sounds good to me, try to get rid of some of the high PA players so just your wonder kids and young talents remain if you can mate

Not working, after clicking the change button my other databases are there but not this one. I have dropped the file into the right folder as I just double checked. I think it's because it's a 'bak' file and not a dbc. Not sure how to convert or if FM Base do this for you when you upload them?

Apparently this has happened to others - this is the response -

there is an option on the Data Editor (in the settings tab I think) to compress data files when saving (which makes them into .dbc)

You might have to save the DB again for the file to be saved a as .dbc file

Not working, after clicking the change button my other databases are there but not this one. I have dropped the file into the right folder as I just double checked. I think it's because it's a 'bak' file and not a dbc. Not sure how to convert or if FM Base do this for you when you upload them?

Ah sorry ill go in and upload the dbc file in a moment, just deleting some international players first

Brilliant! Bearing in mind it still needs a lot of work before finished :)

Well firstly well done, it's amazing! some hard work has gone into creating this and I think it's going to be awesome. I'm still getting into it, a few things I have noted and these are only things that I think would make it better, please dont think im knocking all your hard work!!! -

- Leagues should be renamed (if you want to that is)
- Team finances should be updated to reflect 1990 (eg Man Utd should not be heavily in debt)
- Gareth Southgate was best as DC but you have him as a DMC (I am Crystal Palace manager :)
- Ajax team is incomplete - here is the full team - AFC Ajax - Kader 1989/1990
- Lot's of really big names still present like Cristiano Ronaldo and Frank Lampard for example
- Jaap Stam's stats and PA should be greater (IMO)
- South America has not been done team wise
- I cannot find Ronaldo or Roberto Carlos (are they on there?)
- General getting rid of todays staff and players

That's all!. I think this is going to be immense.. great start though, the player stats are very realistic I find. Found some hidden gems to but wont post spoilers for people :)

Well firstly well done, it's amazing! some hard work has gone into creating this and I think it's going to be awesome. I'm still getting into it, a few things I have noted and these are only things that I think would make it better, please dont think im knocking all your hard work!!! -

- Leagues should be renamed (if you want to that is) ~ I will consider but trying to get all the players right first
- Team finances should be updated to reflect 1990 (eg Man Utd should not be heavily in debt) _ I will remove debt just now
- Gareth Southgate was best as DC but you have him as a DMC (I am Crystal Palace manager :) I have amended his natural position to CB
- Ajax team is incomplete - here is the full team - AFC Ajax - Kader 1989/1990 ~ Who's missing?? Did u incluse the dutch leagues when starting a new game?
- Lot's of really big names still present like Cristiano Ronaldo and Frank Lampard for example ~ Ive hardy touched present players, working on that as we speak
- Jaap Stam's stats and PA should be greater (IMO) ~ I will look at his stats again, but he's only young when starting a new game. Im sure his Potential stat is very high
- South America has not been done team wise ~ Ive not even started South America teams yet :eek:
- I cannot find Ronaldo or Roberto Carlos (are they on there?) ~ As above, they will be added soon
- General getting rid of todays staff and players ~ As mentioned im removing a lot of current international players

That's all!. I think this is going to be immense.. great start though, the player stats are very realistic I find. Found some hidden gems to but wont post spoilers for people :)

Thanks for the feedback mate, i still plan on making many changes. This is just the first draft.

UPDATE
**recommended with NO player faces, Italian, French, Scottish, English, German, Dutch leagues just now

Last edited:
Excellent stuff. No I only loaded the English league, I look forward to starting a game with Ajax at some point. There's do many teams to choose from!

Yeah me too, Milan looks awesome too. Rangers had a really strong team (coming from a celtic fan!) Marseille were good also. The Spanish teams werent too hot back then mind you...some cracking german players in those days

This is very nice.

I was wondering, could you implement the full Leicester City squad for your next update please? If you could do so, it'd be deeply appreciated!

This is very nice.

I was wondering, could you implement the full Leicester City squad for your next update please? If you could do so, it'd be deeply appreciated!

Yeah sure, im trying to get as much details from 89/90 season as i can. Im just about to go on a do so more updates, but i can only find a handful of Leicester players from that year :)

http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/leicester-city/1990/2/

Last edited:
Leicester 89/90

This is very nice.

Hows that??

Is that a new updated database? Any chance of posting the latest one if not?