2011/2012 Fixtures Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 10K
Would like;

Swansea - A (Get the new country/stadium out of the way and start well)
Everton - H (Home game and they usually start badly)
Chelsea/Blackburn - A (We seem to struggle away vs these sides so getting them out of the way early would be useful)

Don't want a promoted side. Recent form tells us they always start with a bang.

Wolves H
Arsenal A
Fulham A

Begin the season with an enjoyable (winning) host of Wolves, get the everloving **** kicked out of us by Arsenal, then draw at Fulham. That should give the requisite rollercoaster of emotions and opportunity for massive knee-jerk overreactions by Villa fans.

My preferable start would be...
Fulham (H)
Chelsea (A)
Everton (A)

******* smilies...

Wolves H
Arsenal A
Fulham A

Begin the season with an enjoyable (winning) host of Wolves, get the everloving **** kicked out of us by Arsenal, then draw at Fulham. That should give the requisite rollercoaster of emotions and opportunity for massive knee-jerk overreactions by Villa fans.

who will your new goalie?

#AlmuniaforVilla

Wolves H
Arsenal A
Fulham A

I like the sound of that, so:

Everton A
Villa H
Swansea H

(Everton and Swnasea interchangeable) Get the season off to a good start as we did 2 years ago with a routing of Everton, who never start well and will hopefully be under new management with Moyes off to Villa, then, as GC has already pointed out kick the everloving **** out of Villa, and batter Swansea, who, newly promoted, will be ambitious and try to attack us like Blackpool at the Emirates last season.

I like the sound of that, so:

Everton A
Villa H
Swansea H

(Everton and Swnasea interchangeable) Get the season off to a good start as we did 2 years ago with a routing of Everton, who never start well and will hopefully be under new management with Moyes off to Villa, then, as GC has already pointed out kick the everloving **** out of Villa, and batter Swansea, who, newly promoted, will be ambitious and try to attack us like Blackpool at the Emirates last season.

Have you planned out exactly where your poor league run of form will start, or...? :)

Have you planned out exactly where your poor league run of form will start, or...? :)

Yeah. We're going to get 15 0-0s in a row between 15th December - 30th February. And then win the remaining games 15-0 and win the league at Villa Park.

what will look for when they are released?

me i will look for the first game, the 2 NLD, the first home game the last game and boxing day game :)

What will I look for?

#1 When we play united.
#2 When we play blue's.

I guess I'll look for when we play Arsenal (so I can make necessary arrangements to hide from my friend and to a lesser extent Joss) and when we play Chelsea and the Boggies.

Honestly don't know. I mean when you think about it, there are no longer any easy games in the Prem any more. Each season, the Championship sides are getting stronger, and when they're promoted....they usually wreak havoc on everybody else (a la Blackpool). I don't care who the opponents are tbh-this time round I just want a better start to the season. We simply cannot keep doing a slow start. It'll really come back to haunt us eventually.

Will look for the Pool game and the City game. The chelsea Away game, plus the Run in.

What I will look out for is the game near my birthday, 2 NLD games 1st game of the season and last game of the season.

one of the best things about the summer ! :D

will look forward to getting up tomorrow and finding out who we have first game

Back