2011 UEFA European Under-21 Tournament

Strange how both the seniors and juniors f*ck up evrything,however the problem with the seniors is the manager who wont call up more experienced players

Good that Pearce proved me wrong, England will go nowhere with Pearce in Charge. We can compare England to Germany so that Loew who worked as Asst took over Germany and did well. But Pearce is no where near Loew's quality and I can bet Harry can do better job than Pearce..

For me this is why england dont progress. one failure and we wanna tear everything up and start again. Loew wasnt always perfect, but he was backed through his setbacks.

we learnt we have a good system, defensively we are very solid. but that we need to be more aggressive in a 3 game group, our selection must be more positive

Why no Albrighton? Why no Lansbury? Why no Rodwell? Of the three, at least two should be starting. Why no Delfouneso or Wickham (as subs, even)? More to the point, why Mancienne? Why Rose?

Poor show, Pearce.

Rodwell was wank this tournament. But yes to the other two - includes Sinclair, but not Albrighton? Makes no sense. He loves having that hollywood passer in his side. Before it was Jones/Smalling, this time Henderson.

Rodwell was wank this tournament. But yes to the other two - includes Sinclair, but not Albrighton? Makes no sense. He loves having that hollywood passer in his side. Before it was Jones/Smalling, this time Henderson.

Rodwell wasn't given too much chance to impress, to be fair to him. Sure, he was **** in our second game, but against Spain he impressed after coming on. Besides, who rather than him? Fecking Muamba?

But yeah. Disappointing stuff.

For me this is why england dont progress. one failure and we wanna tear everything up and start again. Loew wasnt always perfect, but he was backed through his setbacks.

we learnt we have a good system, defensively we are very solid. but that we need to be more aggressive in a 3 game group, our selection must be more positive

This is not just about failure to qualify, it is about level of performance and the way team was set up. Pearce had no proper plan. He didn't know what was his best 11 and by the time he came to know it was curtains.

He is very defensive coach and is void of ideas. He is not a man of philosophy. No wonder his ManCity scored some 20 odd goals few seasons back and if I'm not wrong less than 10 goals at home..

He is not creative with his ideas. Same old lump it forward tactic he was using. This game there was a massive improvement in the first half for about 10 mins.

Maybe this is knee jerk but he is not the man for England. Being just passionate is not enough to lead National team.

Rodwell wasn't given too much chance to impress, to be fair to him. Sure, he was **** in our second game, but against Spain he impressed after coming on. Besides, who rather than him? Fecking Muamba?

Gonna make me sound biased, but Spearing's better than Muamba, he'd have bossed the midfield.

Not quite as bad as the senior flops, but they'll get there.

And somehow next tournament we'll still be one of the favourites lol.

Slightly off topic, but there is no thread for it and cba to make one. Anyone been watching the U17's? How's Raheem done?

Ah to be fair - I didn't watch much of the Spain game so I don't know about that. But actually, yes. We needed someone to sit in front of the back 4 and do a job. Something Muamba should be capable of - simple, energetic, strong. Rodwell tried to overcomplicate the role so much. He had no positional awareness (neither did Muamba to be fair!), he just bombed forward, lost the ball trying a shot from 30 yards, and didn't track back.

Admittedly, I'm judging him on that game, and the one against Norway, but in both he was **** IMHO.

This is not just about failure to qualify, it is about level of performance and the way team was set up. Pearce had no proper plan. He didn't know what was his best 11 and by the time he came to know it was curtains.

He is very defensive coach and is void of ideas. He is not a man of philosophy. No wonder his ManCity scored some 20 odd goals few seasons back and if I'm not wrong less than 10 goals at home..

He is not creative with his ideas. Same old lump it forward tactic he was using. This game there was a massive improvement in the first half for about 10 mins.

Maybe this is knee jerk but he is not the man for England. Being just passionate is not enough to lead National team.

considering how the u-21s have played over the last 18 months, its knee jerk we cany play some very attacking stuff (see the denmark game)

we missed having a play like wilshere and pearce got it wrong in his midfield two selection.

Gonna make me sound biased, but Spearing's better than Muamba, he'd have bossed the midfield.

Problem is Spearing didn't play in any of the qualifiers, but Muamba did. So Pearce was forced to pick as it would be unfair on the players who played their part in qualifying..

Still Spearing would have done the job with his boundless energy which England lacked in the midfield..

BetfairFootball Betfair Football
Czech Republic backed at 999/1 for the Win #betfair #inplay

That was after England scored. Congrats that man!

Problem is Spearing didn't play in any of the qualifiers, but Muamba did. So Pearce was forced to pick as it would be unfair on the players who played their part in qualifying..

Still Spearing would have done the job with his boundless energy which England lacked in the midfield..

This. No movement at all in midfield, and no pressing game. Two deep CMs (one hollywood passer, and one apparent destroyer with no positional sense) and no one bothering to push up. Spearing could have made the difference IMO, but I see what you're saying about the qualifiers.

Off-topic, but no relevant thread; England U17's 2-0 up. Sterling whipping a 25-yard strike round a defender, over the 'keeper and into the top left hand corner.

Can't believe I played football in a park with him.. hope he makes it far, he deserves it.

Also got an assist in the game for Hope's opener.