2011 UEFA European Under-21 Tournament

At least if we had Ian Holloway, we'd play exciting football and go out with a bang rather than what we're doing currently (Every international tournament), which is passing it around the back four 3,000 times and then trying to smash it out to the wing. We may draw every game 5-5 but wouldn't that be much better than the pile of **** we've played this tournament and at the WC?

"Okay Ian, who's going to be your first callup?"

"DJ Campbell"

"You're fired"

"Okay Ian, who's going to be your first callup?"

"DJ Campbell"

"You're fired"

Also might possibly harm our reputation with FIFA. Not that that either makes any difference if we don't bribe them and since they hate us anyway...

Also might possibly harm our reputation with FIFA. Not that that either makes any difference if we don't bribe them and since they hate us anyway...

**** 'em, our reputation with FIFA is low as mud anyway. Might as well employ Holloway to shout at them a bit.

**** 'em, our reputation with FIFA is low as mud anyway. Might as well employ Holloway to shout at them a bit.

Better than Phil Brown..

"So, Phil - who's your first call-up for?"

"Geovanni"

"He's not English, Phil".

"Isn't he? Err - Nick Barmby then"

"You're fired".

Next morning: Picture in the Sun shows Phil Brown relaxing in a Tanning Salon in Hull courtesy of the FA's pay-off.

Better than Phil Brown..

"So, Phil - who's your first call-up for?"

"Geovanni"

"He's not English, Phil".

"Isn't he? Err - Nick Barmby then"

"You're fired".

Next morning: Picture in the Sun shows Phil Brown relaxing in a Tanning Salon in Hull courtesy of the FA's pay-off.

"So, Mr Hodgson, who's your first callup going to be?"

"Paul Konchesky"

"You're fired"

"Can I still call up Jonathan Greening?"

"Please leave, Mr Hodgson."

"Chris Baird?"

"GET OUT OF THE DOOR YOU ****-HAIRED FACE-RUBBER"

"So, Mr Hodgson, who's your first callup going to be?"

"Paul Konchesky"

"You're fired"

"Can I still call up Jonathan Greening?"

"Please leave, Mr Hodgson."

"Chris Baird?"

"GET OUT OF THE DOOR YOU ****-HAIRED FACE-RUBBER"

"So, Mr Allerdyce, who's your first call-up going to be?"

"Kevin Davies, Phil Jones, Ryan Shawcross, Joey Barton, Kevin Nolan".

"I guess they're not too bad. Who else?"

"That's it. Big Phil up front with Kevin Davies - we're going to just try to win a corner whenever we get the ball. Davies and Nolan will stand on the goalkeeper's feet and Shawcross will do what he does best..."

"That sounds a little negative, Mr Allerdyce..."

"Just a little. We're going for long-ball as well"

"The door's right there. Please leave, Sam".

"So, Mr Allerdyce, who's your first call-up going to be?"

"Kevin Davies, Phil Jones, Ryan Shawcross, Joey Barton, Kevin Nolan".

"I guess they're not too bad. Who else?"

"That's it. Big Phil up front with Kevin Davies - we're going to just try to win a corner whenever we get the ball. Davies and Nolan will stand on the goalkeeper's feet and Shawcross will do what he does best..."

"That sounds a little negative, Mr Allerdyce..."

"Just a little. We're going for long-ball as well"

"The door's right there. Please leave, Sam".

"So, Mr Shearer, who's your first call-up going to be?"

"I don't know!"

"What?"

"All I can do is spout footballing cliches! Good touch for a big man, this game needs a goal, cultured left foot!"

"Errrrr..."

"Corridor of uncertainty, straight from the training ground, game of two halves!"

"How did this man get through the selection process?"

"Our selectors were wowed by his immense tactical analysis. Look, he's even showing it now!"

"End to end stuff! Funny old game!"

"You're fired."

"Tek a boo son!"

Carlo Ancelotti for England manager? :D Would be more qualified than any English manager anyways and since Capello is Italian aswell it won't be a very big change.

And the people saying Guardiola's tactic is simply "pass it to Messi" are talking ****. What about how he got Barca B promoted? How without him there would be no Pedro or Busquets in the best club and by far the best national team in the world? Yeah sure.

Last edited:
Spain are in finals after beating Belarus 3-1 (AET). Watched from second half, Spain created chances but not clear cut ones, kept knocking on the door and scored 90th min equalizer then scored 2 in Extra time.. Good game. The way Spain celebrated when they scored equalizer shows how much it means to them.. Well played..

Sachin Nakrani on Twitter said:
Were they to play each other, Spain U21 would probably beat England's senior team #scarybuttrue

^ This.

That Belarus player Drahun looked pretty good at this tournament.

:':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)'(

Adrian is a *****.

:':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)'(

Adrian is a *****.

Belarus packed down with 9 men covering the Spanish players and one player running after them. They deserved to lose, doesn't mean you cant be gutted though. Just saying Adrian wasn't the biggest ***** :p

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Man, Shaqiri is beast!

anyone else watching the final?

Spain winning 1-0

That was pure magic. Superb goal. That should seal the victory and championship for Spain..

see Barca you dont need Cesc at all you have Tiago !

So with Spain basically winners who do you think was the player of the tournament...Thiago, Mata, Adrian, Shaqiri...

For me player of the tournament was Javi Martinez..

So with Spain basically winners who do you think was the player of the tournament...Thiago, Mata, Adrian, Shaqiri...

Thiago for me, simply brilliant all tournament.