343 Musketeers THE ULTIMATE TACTIC. Match engine exploit!!!!

jonathansmith

Reaction score
MPORTANT NOTICE, CREATED NEW TACTIC USING THIS AS A BASE, CREATED TO SMASH THE NEW PATCH TO PIECES!!!
LINK HERE: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...-tika-taka-crazy-tactic-cccs-goals-glory.html
tried uploading this yesterday and it looked horrible and there was too much writing so I will try this cos this tactic deserves better than what I gave it.
ok here we go...
contents:

1. tactic
  2. team instructions
  3. set pieces
  4. Tottenham save (league table, results, match stats and star men) goal: win league and 1 cup
  5. Stoke save (league table, results, match stats and star men) goal: top half finish
  6. Middlesbrough save (league table, results, match stats and star men) goal: win league
  7. conclusion (first comment)
there we go, this looks better, hope you enjoy the screenshots and let me know if there is anything you want to know anything regarding the tactic

p.s. fav screenshots are of Eriksen, Hamad, and the Boro vs Man Utd

enjoy the tactic because it is brilliant

Last edited:
sorry for pics not entirely in order but all the info is there lol,

7. this tactic I will put my neck out now and say is the best tactic on the internet for creation of chances and as I have proved can change a below average team (Stoke) into a title contender, also I have never seen a tactic that performs this good at both defending and attacking in one tactic, usually one needs to be sacrificed but not here my friends. Thank you for reading this and hope the tactic serves you as well as it clearly has me.
P.S. any questions are welcome and please use the tactic and post screenshots in the comments below.

Nooooo, I really enjoy reading people explanations and why they do what they do when releasing tactics. Can't you upload the writeup again?

hey, few questions on this: 1) training/match training? 2) op Instructions 3) Indiviudual training?

Nooooo, I really enjoy reading people explanations and why they do what they do when releasing tactics. Can't you upload the writeup again?

I will copy it n put in comments on here pal the story is really good too lol

hey, few questions on this: 1) training/match training? 2) op Instructions 3) Indiviudual training?

1) train on full to the left with tactic only until fluid with team cohesion and very high. Once fluid i def set pieces with ith bar clicked two to the right and have the team train attacking. I have the training coming in a few seconds along with original post.
2) i leave to assisstant due to player instructions for the tactic and...
3) this is covered on original post which i will put up now pal.

Hope this helps and hope you have fun with it pal

343 musketeers: the ultimate FM 2014 tactic, try it if you dare!!!!
this tactic I will put my neck out now and say is the best tactic on the internet for creation of chances and as I can proved can change a below average team (Stoke) into a title contender, also I have never seen a tactic that performs this good at both defending and attacking in one tactic, usually one needs to be sacrificed but not here my friends. Hope you stick with me for this as I promise you won’t be disappointed
History/Intro
The name for the tactic comes from the motto from the three musketeers which is “one for all and all for one” which refers to the fact that this tactic although creates buckets of chances and can produce fantastic and pleasing to watch this is a primarily defensively orientated tactic which is to stop the opposition as a team with every player putting a shift in and once in possession of the ball all of the team move forward in waves. Alternative name for the tactic was the 343 umbrella which is more accurate of the shape of the tactic but the name and motto of the musketeers was too tempting.
The tactic was created from a Vauxhall motors save where they were in the prem and doing well and the next stage was to have a tactic to match the quality of the players, that tangent didn’t prove to be fruitful with the players playing well and not the tactic making them better. Back to the drawing board I went, I wanted a tactic that completely shut out opposition and created buckets of chances. So I started with 3 at the back, high wingbacks 1 DM 2 CM and 2 up top, this was ok but gaps everywhere and oppositions just ran down the side of us crossed in and goal even when I am the better team, so I changed the DM to an shadow striker and moved the strikers wide as inside forwards to cover the wings with them marking the opposition full back to ensure nothing got through round the side, this worked really well defensively however if the SS had a bad game then we either drew 0-0 or got beat 1-0 so no attack to speak of, next tweak and the base for the final tactic was to move the SS into CM as a AP and bring the 2 Inside forwards into ACM as SS and this is where the tactic took shape and life due to the fact that the tactic was saved midgame the player marking was still attached which although some may think this is a bad thing it really was the BEST EXPLOIT OF THE MATCH ENGINE EVER!!! The final tweak came while testing the tactic with spurs which I will come to later in the post, firstly I watched a 2-0 defeat to Newcastle twice on full match to find out why the tactic didn’t have much success, first thing I noticed was that the middle CB was always trying to eat the ball from anyone in front of him which left massive gaps at the back so changed him to cover and that fix was done, didn’t however like all three CB on cover so changed the wider two to stopper which was in conjunction with the next issue which was that when the defenders had the ball from a goal kick short the wingbacks just ran off to the forwards and didn’t come back unless possession was lost which firstly is a waste of effort and secondly the CBs unless finding a CM just cleared the ball due to no option so possession was lost which resulted in this game especially being around the 25% mark which no matter how good the players or tactic is that is not enough possession to create chances so I decided to pull the wingbacks in line with the CBs and change role to support rather than all-out attack which now helps tremendously. The final tweak made was to the CMs the BWM where changed to support to add a different element to attacking options with the less gung-ho nature of the wingbacks who will now sit if a mid goes and the AP in the middle of the park was moved further forward to the AMC to hassle opposition DM or CB. The ONLY flaw with this tactic is that there is a lack of pressure at opposition with only 3 central midfielders potentially covering 5 opposition players (2/3 CB and 2/3 CM) which isn’t much of an issue due to the ball on FM being played forward more often than not and especially when pressure is applied.. the results from this were staggering so instead of releasing to you guys early and get TROLLS saying half a season isn’t enough I decided to finish the spurs save and test the tactic in two other challenges, first of which is the spurs save where winning the league and a cup was the goal, a relegation prem battle with stoke where the objective was to finish in top half (min) and a championship save in the form of Middlesbrough where promotion was the aim (predicted 8th I think) right then shall we get started then……..

Contents:

1. The tactic
  2. Team instructions
  3. Player roles
  4. Set pieces
  5. The challenges i spurs
Ii Stoke
Iii Middlesbrough

1. Training
  2. Player key attributes + PPM (player preferred moves)

1. The tactic:
As you can see the tactic is a 5230 (technically) but I call it the 343 due to the attacking roles of the players, the reason for overload and rigid is the options within the team instructions. The formation is specifically designed to be symmetrical allowing for exploitation at every possible position rather than cornered to one side.

1. Team instructions:
The team instructions are specifically designed for plug and play but also for combinations for the mentality and fluidity, for example having the defensive line set to deep in combo with the rigidity and overload means that all players will snap back into the tactic shape when defending and when in possession launch the most impressive counter attack. Another reason for the overload is for the take more risks team instruction which is the most over powered instruction in the whole game with players automatically able to launch defence splitting passes numerously without having the greatest level of passing, players seem to attack with more conviction with this on and defensively players seem to win the ball more with this selected and the foul count was reduced on average.

1. Player roles
The player instructions have been designed for the purpose of plug and play, also some are to stop the waste of possession with long shots or ‘Hollywood’ balls.
Starting with the goalkeeper his main role is to stop the opposition from scoring, although when in possession he comes into play as a last resort for defenders to restart the attack which happens on occasion with great success.
The CBs are set so the wider of the three challenge the ball in specific areas while the central of the three covers any and all runs in central areas. When in possession the wider CBs can carry the ball forward until a player pressures then lays a simple ball back to central CB or WB or CM or AP or SS, the central of the three is an anomaly and can potentially be pressured the most for the ball which unless his partners at CB will always offer support along with the CMs and WBs.
The wingbacks provide almost all of the width for the team which means that they need to get forward but NOT STAY THERE this is the reason for the RB/LB as opposed to LWB/RWB dropping to receive the ball from either GK or CB, always wants to take a man on and get a ball in but generally these guy will become double marked once in the opposition half which means that close by we have a man or 2 advantage and we definitely find them.
The CMs are BWMs on support, originally these guys were in the DM position but were to no effect going forward at all and with three at the back additional cover isn’t really required, moving into CM allows them to effect attacking and defending at a much more influential way pressing the ball upto and including the opposing CBs if so the AP drops in, in attack they score from one of three areas, a pull back from the wingback due to no option to cross the ball in, a second wave attack which is the wingback bombs on the wing and puts an early ball in for the onrushing CM and the final of the three is when the AP holds on the ball and the BWM rushes past catching the defence off guard, this is where the creativity of the AP is tested to find the man before they become offside because they aren’t stopping.
The most influential player of the tactic as opposed to the most effective set of instructions is the AP, this player will find every gap in a defence due to the movement from all areas of the pitch, his job isn’t hard from an attacking sense because any decent AMC can pass a ball, the key difference is the holding onto the ball which is the difference between 15 and 25 assists in a season, this happens in one of two ways, the player is strong and can hold off defenders (NOT RECOMMENDED) or is quick and skilful and able to drift while in possession which creates better angles and spaces for attackers to move into (Cristian Eriksen or Messi spring to mind) not strong but intelligent when in possession keeping one step ahead. Defensively this player will act as a third BWM pressuring DMs or CBs and following onto the GK if required, this player will score goals as well arriving in the box like the BWMs do.
Finally is the two SS, these guys need to be quick (quicker the better), although these guys will be the top scorers of your team they are primarily set for stopping opposition full back from going forward which is where the alternative name of the tactic comes from because when defending these guys rush wide like opening an umbrella and allow for the team to soak pressure if required, the key to the generation of CCCs in a game comes from the EXPLOIT mentioned earlier, as soon as possession is gain the SSs will quickly return to central positions which generally means running into the channel between full back and CB so simple through ball SS run on and at bare minimum a corner but more often a goal. SIMPLES!!!!!

1. Set pieces:
Here are screenshots of the set piece instructions I use just in case they aren’t included in the tactic file, I try to keep it as simple as possible and this is to gain a better picture of the tactic rather than a set piece exploit, get the ball in the box closest to tallest player. SIMPLES!!!!

1. Testing challenges:
Now is the part most people enjoy looking at, and let me tell you the proof is definitely in the pudding and this desert is sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!
As a note to follow the challenges had rules that were followed, first was only this tactic was to be used and the save is only for one season. Next was transfers, they were allowed but only to fill gaps (not all teams have 3 good CB or AMC ect…) and players had to be bought with the money upfront (no monthly instalments) no going on holiday to simulate games, allowed to sign staff, allowed to sign replacements for long term injuries (3+ months). All team instructions to be left to the assistant. All training to be done manually, no PPMs to be trained throughout the testing.
Spurs:
This is the spurs test, win the league and a domestic cup was the aim of the save.
Won the league comfortably, only losing 3 games all season. Which are in the results.
Some fantastic results winning the league, F.A. cup and Europa league and some I will cover now
Vs Chelsea looked comfortable but something was missing at this point which was before the tweak but still fantastic stats.
Vs Arsenal second game after the tweak, and the results speak for themselves so good in all areas even reducing them to only 5 shots all game.
Vs Man City this game annoyed me because a player in the form that Lamela was at the time to miss an open net and 3 one-on-ones in a game is shocking, I game him a two match rest for being garbage.
Finally: Vs PSG this game we were so clinical, usually in FM players only become clinical when they get 2 shots in a game but my tactic will create chance after chance so being clinical can turn out results like this. They had nothing and I even missed some relatively easy chances.
Finally from the spurs challenge is the two star performers from the season, Eric Lamela had a wonderful season even though picked up a couple of 5 week injuries throughout the year could have been better scary right.!!!
And the best player of the year won all available awards for his performances. Cristian Eriksen take a bow.
Just look at the amount of assists, his number two (Chadli) was close behind but scored 2 more about 10 less assists and similar amount of games.
Stoke:
The second test consisted of being stoke, and finishing in the top half of the league is the min expectation for this save, being predicted 17th they would have been lucky to avoid the drop, this team had a good defence but lacked any depth, the mid was strong but again no depth, and up top they would have been strong in crouch who is an absolute monster but for this tactic wasn’t ideal so depth investment was required and I was pleased with the squad once finished, no stand out players to take the team to the next level and guarantee the top half finish which was personally set as the aim but covering the key players in the team.
Finishing 3rd in this league is something special; this was down to the tactic and not the players. The tactic performed above and beyond even my expectations with massive results against the ‘big 4’ and consistent performances in both the league and cup.
Fantastic year with the key term being consistent, even in the defeats we were always in the game and just unlucky. The icing on the cake for me was the F.A. cup win, I have a tendency to favour the cups and tend to play my strongest team in the cups. Now let’s take a look at some of the consistent performances some of which are unbelievable.
Firstly Vs Stoke this was early on in the season and we scored early and never looked back, there only chance of the game came from a mistake from a goal kick leaving them one-on-one but missed. The chances created were always good but in this game they tried to play high lines and couldn’t cope with our pace.
Vs Man City, this was a strange game with everything in it, controversy with them getting a penalty, and we gifted them a goal from a sloppy pass from the back due to pressure, but again when a game goes like this and the only thing to do is score more than your opponent and this tactic allows a team to do this.
Finally Vs arsenal, this game was almost a carbon copy from with the spurs save in the way that this team dominated all of the game, looked comfortable even without the ball, and again they only could manage 5 shots in the game and two of their chances came at the end of the game when they launched the kitchen sink at us but the tactic was designed around being able to soak up pressure with only something special getting through.
Last thing was the star men from this season with stoke, the first was Ryan Shawcross who was player’s player of the year and my best performer over the season playing in the LCB stopper role so high pass completion rate and tackling success rate and he also got the most interceptions in the league 20 in front of Robert Huth who was on the other side at RCB. ABSOLUTE MONSTER.
The second is Jesse Lingard, signed this guy (400k) due to Jonathan Walters being sold for 8 million at the age of 30 n he is pants in real life but got lots of chances in my system due to work rate. Anyway this guy did in half a season what my other players couldn’t do all year, which was to run through defences and take on players, even though there were better players for the role of SS (Steven Ireland comes to mind) and better choices to buy in I took a risk boy did it pay off. he took his chances really well and even if he was having a bad game i.e. not scoring he was getting other players involved with the play. Won the F.A. cup on his own with 8 goals in 4 games, signed for 400k value of 6 million after half a season

Middlesbrough:
The purpose of this test was that the championship is more competitive than the prem in the sense that there are not going to be 1-2 teams running away with it and on any day any team can beat any team. The aim to win the league.
As you can see this save was unreal, hit the target of winning the league but didn’t expect to do it that well, I thought this would have been the hardest of the three tests, turns out it was the easiest and the most enjoyable to play
The results show how consistent we were and to win the F.A. cup was special, even against teams in the prem we were the better team and this resulted in the cup win. Now for some results,
Vs Doncaster, this game was early on in the season and I believe the tactic wasn’t fluid at this point, as you can see the consistency of chances means that if a striker is having a bad day there will be enough chances created for them that they are bound to score one. A bit of FM cheese with them scoring with only shot on target
Vs Wigan, at the time of this game I was second behind these guys so I was expecting a draw at best, boy was I wrong, they couldn’t deal with our spear like attack and this was down to them trying to play a high line.
Finally, Vs Man Utd, this game is a perfect example of why this tactic is so good, the ability to stop them for long periods with there chances coming when they chucked the kitchen sink at us we dominated with them having a full strength side out and sitting 1st in prem, final note on this is that I was disappointed due to this being over two legs and we should have been more ahead than just the 1 goal.

1. Training:
Training for me is simple and takes approximately 5 mins to do.
On the individual training screen select the GK to Sweeper keeper, my preferred choice. Next is the CBs all should be on ball playing defender, wingbacks if defensive train position (if required) as winger and train as winger or if attacking minded wing back is fine, the CMs should be DLP trained or if ability is good at passing then either train as a BWM or BBM, the AP should be trained as AP if stamina is poor or finishing is good and if not as a Trequartista, finally the SS players my preference is if a already a striker train position as AMC and train as complete forward (covers passing and all the other good stuff) or poacher is really good aswel, if AMC train as striker and repeat, and if winger train as AMC and train as SS.

1. Key Attributes and PPMs
For prem all key attributes should be 13 min and if in CAPS 15 min
GK: REFLEXES, ONE-ON –ONES, HANDLING, positioning, and preferably tall (190+cm)
No PPMs
CB: TACKLING, marking, HEADING, positioning, JUMPING, strength, acceleration (middle CB to be quickest), work rate
PPMs: simple passing
WB: ACCELERATION, PACE, STAMINA, WORK RATE, dribbling, crossing, tackling off the ball
PPMs: run with the ball more, run down their wing, knock ball past opponent, get forward more
CM: KEY NOTE for this tactic to be at its most effective these guys should either be tall (185+cm) and/or good in the air due to all attacking players generally small and quick, helps in defending and attacking corners/free kicks.
STAMINA, WORK RATE, TACKLING, DETERMINATION, marking, positioning acceleration, jumping, heading, passing, creativity
PPMs: Get stuck in, simple passing, come deep to get ball,
AP: OFF THE BALL, PASSING, FLAIR, CREATIVITY, work rate, dribbling, acceleration,
PPMs: killer balls, move into channels, run with the ball more, run through the middle, pass rather than shot, come deep to get ball
SS: ACCELERATION, OFF THE BALL, DRIBBLING/FINISHING, composure, pace, stamina, work rate, passing, FLAIR,
PPMs: beat offside trap, run with ball more, run through middle, place shots, lob or round keeper for one-on ones

Everytime I think I think someone bring's out another good looking tactic hopefully try this out later mate

just one question do You play overload all the time?? becouse that never works for me...

just one question do You play overload all the time?? becouse that never works for me...

Yes. I found it much better at quick counter attacking football with overload as aposed to counter or just attacking. With the team instructions like drop deeper and rigid fluidity the team will shape up quicker defensively and once in position look to attack the gaps very quickly with ruthless results

As I anticipated: nice writeup! Will try this with PSG and report back. Do you think it will work with them?

First match I lost 4-0

Errrrmmmm ok. I cant see why. In the write up i suggest the quickest players for the SS roles n tall players in CM. That could be why. Wot team are you. Hu were u facing and ur team line up would be gud to see pal

As I anticipated: nice writeup! Will try this with PSG and report back. Do you think it will work with them?

Glad you like it pal. It shud work with evertime. With all teams pal. If anything unles PSG are a team u are using as part of a save it might be too easy. Anyway let me kno how you get on pal