4-2-3-1 - Boo Ya! (13.3/13.2.3) Classic&Wizard

StueyRob

Reaction score
UPDATE - Tactic now available in both classic & wizard

Intro

Created this tactic inspired from an earlier thread about bayerns style of play, attacking/possession and came up wth this.

Possession is key to games and with this tactic i got over 60% most games as seen in screenshots further down.

The Tactic

View attachment 315765View attachment 316190

its a basic 4-2-3-1 with wingers, with 2 ball winning midfielders in cm, 1 staying deep to cover the advancing fullbacks

After a week of tweaks and testing i am pleased with the tactic and decided to release it :)

The Results

View attachment 315767View attachment 315768

Only 2 loses were in the champions league group stage

League Table

View attachment 315769

Unbeaten in league, only drawing 4 and conceding 20 goals against

German Cup

View attachment 315771

Had some tricky draws but managed to come out on top in each game n winning the cup

Champions League

Group stage

View attachment 315772

Some tricky teams in group (i.e ajax & benfica) but it was Nordesjaelland who suprised me the most beating me at home, shouldve won easily to be fair

Knockout Stage

View attachment 315773

Beat some really good teams along the way to lifting the cup inlcuding 3 english team (utd, city & arsenal)

Result Screenshots

View attachment 315774View attachment 315775View attachment 315776View attachment 315777View attachment 315778View attachment 315779View attachment 315780View attachment 315781View attachment 315782View attachment 315783View attachment 315784View attachment 315785View attachment 315786View attachment 315787

games i lost

View attachment 315788View attachment 315789

Player Competition Stats

View attachment 315790View attachment 315791View attachment 315792

Player Stats

View attachment 315794View attachment 315795View attachment 315797View attachment 315798View attachment 315799View attachment 315800View attachment 315801View attachment 315802View attachment 315803View attachment 315804

Shaquiri probably my stand out player for the season and comes highly recommended

scored alot of freekicks and superb in assists

Muller in early stages was my top performer untill he got a bad injury n was out for around 3 months

Tip - Players like Muller/Perisic would fit ideally in the striker role, but normal strikers are also suited

Dante scored alot towards the end of the season after i changed my set piece routine which clearly worked.

Corner Takers

try to use players on the side were they will in-swing the cross

example - left footer takes corners on right and right footers take them on the left

Opposition Instructions

Ask Assistant

Team Talks

PRE MATCH

"for the fans" (CALM)

If playing a rival then use (PASSIONATE)

HALF TIME

LOSING: Aggressive talk

DRAWING: Aggressive talk

WINNING BY ONE GOAL: "you are playing well so far but there is still room for improvement" (CALM)

WINNING BY TWO GOALS OR MORE: "you might have a solid lead but that could all change, keep your performance levels up" (CALM) OR IF THAT'S NOT THERE USE "don't get complacent out there despite the score" (CALM)

FULL TIME

WIN OR GOOD DRAW: Any praise talk

LOSS OR POOR DRAW: Any aggressive talk

Credit goes to JP Woody for team talk procedure

Training

Pre Season - Tactics - V.High & Match Prep - Tactics, untill a week before start of season

During season

View attachment 315805

Some games against top teams away from home, try setting match prep to def positioning

Individual Training

Gk - Sweeper Keeper
CB - Ball Playing Defender
RB/LB - Full Back
CM - Ball Winning or Box to Box Midfielder
AMR/L - Winger
ACM - Inside Forward or Att Midfielder
ST - Poacher or Complete Forward

Player Types Per Position

Gk - Neuer, ter Stegen, De Gea type players

Cb - Badstuber, Dante, Dede, Hummels, Pique type players

Rb/Lb - Lahm, Alaba, Rafael, Corchia type players

Cm - Sandro, Garmash, Luiz Gustavo, Vidal, Schweinsteiger type player (Must hav High Work Rate & Stamina)

Arm/Alm - Shaquiri, Ribery, Robben, Valencia, Hazard, Bale type players

Acm - Kroos, Isco, Thiago, Muller, Gotze type players (Good finishing stat would work better)

St - Falcao, Pizzaro, RVP, Suarez, Llorente type players, Muller & Perisic type players also work well

Tried the tactic for afew games with Chelsea with following results

View attachment 315807View attachment 315808View attachment 315809View attachment 315810View attachment 315811View attachment 315812View attachment 315813

Feel free to try the tactic and let me know how u get on :)

Link to Download

Classic

4-2-3-1 - Boo Ya! (13.3/13.2.3) - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

Wizard

View attachment 316189

Please dont use this tactic for 1 game draw/lose and say this tactic doesn't work, its rubbish etc.....
tactic needs 5-7 games to settle in and for team to learn...AT LEAST!!

preferably its best to use this at start of season

Enjoy! :)

User Results

Ankou.png
Table

prem games

random player stats

my results so far with wizard:
juventus - olympiakos 3-0
inter - juventus 0-2
juventus - sassuolo 3-0
juventus - chievo 4-0
siena - juventus 2-6

but a lot of yellow and rec cards (4 red cards in 5 matches)
Next game using the Wizard, Derby against Schalke:

Completely dominated them, and it must of been a good game if Lewandowski scored ;)

View attachment 316150

Beat Lyon in a friendly... wow

I'm using this with Dortmund also, here is my latest result:

Firstly, I have tested pretty much every 4231 tactic on the go, and this one is certainly the most consistent and it keeps Sexual possession! The only real critisism I have is that I would prefer it to be a wizard tactic. Any chance you could convert it to wizard StueyRob?

You really are onto something with this tactic.

Last edited:
If the tactic is as good the presentation thread it will be a very good tactic.

Maybe I'll try on my Arsenal 5th season (Ander Herrera, Wilshere, Draxler, etc)

Cheers from Portugal

Cheers from Portugal

yeah should work well with those players m8

ive had someone else test it also n he won the league and FA cup with liverpool, just awaiting the screenshots

Cheers from Portugal

Tactic available m8

Great been waiting for a good 4231 tac:D Could you please post some screenies of your individual player training/ PPMs please mate?

Looks like a really good tactic mate, good luck with your tactic once it's been released/approved by the mods.
And as Jukilo said, really good presentation too.

Great been waiting for a good 4231 tac:D Could you please post some screenies of your individual player training/ PPMs please mate?

dont really bother with ppm's jus let assistant sort them when recommended, individual training is explained in the 1st post m8

Looks like a really good tactic mate, good luck with your tactic once it's been released/approved by the mods.
And as Jukilo said, really good presentation too.

its available now m8, just been approved

dont really bother with ppm's jus let assistant sort them when recommended, individual training is explained in the 1st post m8
Cheers mate, yep just seen that lol. Great OP will post screenies when played a few games;)

Are you try this with some small teams and do you think it would work with the weaker teams?

Going to try this in about 20 mins but unsure what team to use.

Do you find classic more consistent than modern mode when designing tactics mate?

Are you try this with some small teams and do you think it would work with the weaker teams?

liverpool is about the lowest its been tested with and the person who tested it for me won the league and fa cup

just awaiting screenshots off him

lower than that i honestly couldnt say, can only try it m8