Resource icon

4-2-3-1 - Justinian - Lots of Chances and Solid Defence 2.0

rmb87

Dec 23, 2019
I've given this a download and will give it a go. I've been using 4321 formation, but I miss having an Attacking Midfielder so going to give it a shot :)

DrPoods

Dec 8, 2019
Any updates? I’m planning on revisiting this and wouldn’t mind some feedback.

Also, has anyone tried it on the beta?

girondins82

Dec 17, 2013
This tweak is very good on the beta, I used it away against big teams, and I dominated all games with

DrPoods

Dec 8, 2019
This tweak is very good on the beta, I used it away against big teams, and I dominated all games with
Errr. I think you have the wrong place...

Corei

Aug 17, 2015
Not working well with Beta, sadly;
As Milan

5 Games - 3 Draw 1 Lose 1 Win that we played the teams weaker than us

FozzaFulham

Nov 7, 2011
I play this tactic and had mixed results, but then I tweaked it and I have pushed the defensive line much higher and the line of engagement to higher, play offside trap and winning more games now

Reactions: lightostekmegi

DrPoods

Dec 8, 2019
I play this tactic and had mixed results, but then I tweaked it and I have pushed the defensive line much higher and the line of engagement to higher, play offside trap and winning more games now
Thanks for the feedback! The line was something that I was considering but worried about the balance. I’ll give it a test myself.

Thanks!

peterbolam78

Jan 8, 2011
i've been playing a 4-4-2 or variation thereof, with my Burton team, but have been considering a change to a 4-2-3-1 for a while, we have secured promotion to the Prem, so now may be the ideal time to switch over,

thegooner65

Feb 18, 2013
Only started using this on my Ipswich save currently top of championship. Used for 2 games winning both 1-0 last minute winner(away) and 4-3 against Portsmouth home (who are bottom).
Things I noticed
Ripped apart in the middle, think of trying a CMd in place of the DLPd.
Tried the increased LoE and LoD but this caused issues with the ball over the top.
Noticed the AMs offers nothing, switched to Enganche and showing signs of improvement.
This could be because the tactic mot yet fluid, or not the greatest players.
Defo worth sticking with as showing good signs. Changed the IF to a and the winger to s, this looks more balanced and both scoring over 7.5 each game.
Overall early stage verdict, pros very promising and worth continuing with.
Cons not sure on the midfield settings and not sure if it's a H&A tactic.