4-3-3 DOMINATOR

Hi, thanks you.

So i play all time with the V2 ? or juste V1 Home V2 away ?

Relaxing:
it's upto you really, the v2 will offer better defensive stability, you'll keep the ball better and be harder to break down but there's no one in the 'hole' to exploit the space between their midfield and defence so less ccc's will be created. Both tactics will generate a fast passing game, so it's your call whether you use one of them or a mixture of both.

Alan:
Like mckergan said v1 is on the first page of the thread and v2 is on the second page, good luck.

View attachment 283140View attachment 283141Just jumped on FM and played only my second game with the v2 after that 0-0 away draw with Spurs where I completely controlled the game and restricted them to just long range efforts (none of which even warranted flashing up on the screen), what an amazing result 2-4 away to City (from the screener you'll see it was their best 11 whilst I rested 3 or 4 of my regular starters!).
Only tweak I made was to change the tackling to 'aggressive' because at 1-2 City really came at me and I couldn't get out of my half. They finally equalised, all I done was change the tackling and the lads started winning all of the 50/50's they were previously loosing, suddenly we were totally in the ascendency and ended up running out 2-4 winners!
Check out the screener peeps...
Also uploaded the new v3 tactic - it's just v2 with aggressive tackling, gonna keep testing but this new version (screener attached) looks to be a lot harder to beat.
Anyways see what you guys think and let me know...

Right I'm off out - this game is too addictive!
Had a bit of a test with the DOMINATOR v3 and in my opinion it is the best version, as you can see from the screener I started using it properly from City away (Spurs away can be counted also because the v3 is only a slight variant on the v2 with the new and improved aggressive tackling), so 5 games in all, of those 4 away games, giving me 4 wins and a draw, including 2 clean sheets - and it's still not fluid!
For me its the most well-rounded of all three DOMINATOR variants so I'd recommend all of you DOMINATOR users all switch to the v3.

Just some notes:
Because the tackling is now set to aggressive I change individuals who pick up early bookings to cautious tackling - so far so good and no one has been red carded.
Also I've decided that in the team training section 'Team Cohesion' and 'def set pieces' as default settings seems to work best for me.
A final little tip - bring on fresh inside forwards late in the game, the new guys always seem to wreak havoc with the oppositions tiring defence.

Anyways like I say, that's probably all of the FM I'll be playing today, so if any of you guys get the chance to test the v3 further please let me know what you think?

View attachment 283150

Hi, i will try for you with my new squad for my new season maybe tonight.
So, do you always use your two shouts in match ?

Am sad, because i bought two AMC in transfer market.... :D

Relaxing: Yeah, always use the two shouts from the first kick until last. Retrain your am's - it won't take long, I've retrained Henderson, Shelvey, Allen & Jovetic so far to fit the system.

Not working for me at all. Is this tactic just for the top tier teams? I'm playing as Southampton and I'm being completely abused to the point of frustration.

I've tried both versions so far and going give v3 a last chance.

I lost 5-1 to West Ham, Lost 4-0 to QPR and 4-0 to reading and I've made some decent changes.

Not sure whats going on.

Just a note - I know the games I lose I should lose due to the team match up .. But the games I should technically be winning I'm getting blown out.

Last edited:
Not too sure Kanij, I've only had chance to play a Liverpool save, although I would say the v3 will be better suited to lesser teams - it's the best version in my opinion anyway, it's harder to break down and seems to still get the same amount of goals as the v1 once your team has adjusted. That said I've not taken a heavy defeats using either version - worst result was a 0-3 away to Chelsea after a red card I think, to be expected really.
Side note, if you've been getting battered your team morale might be low - you might need to go easy on the team talks and maybe call a team meeting to try and boost a bit of morale.

Just a quick update on DOMINATOR v3
Played a few more games today and as you can see the results are rolling in, even with a thread bare squad (got 4 starters out on long term injuries). Still in every cup, top of prem, and top of champs league group.
View attachment 283303

I do think you have to have a somewhat decent team to perform like you are. I'll keep trying it out in later saves to see.

I do have a top side now Kanij, but if you look at the top of the thread I done a 1st season treble WITHOUT a transfer budget allowed in first window, meaning I had to use Cole, Downing, Pacheco, & co.
Are you using all of the other tips like team training on 'team cohesion' and 'def set pieces?
Also if you're doing really badly try leaving 'team cohesion' on very heavy or heavy, until you turn it around.
I let my assistant set opposition player instructions as a given and always use the same two shouts from KO.
Team talks are essential - you always need a green reaction, I always calmly try to take pressure off them so that they go composed green, then aggressive bollocking if loosing at half time.
Another thing is have you got the right type of players for the system? Full backs and inside forwards need to be fast and the 3 midfielders all need to be good on the ball because of the fast short passing. Is your cover cb quick? He should be.

Hi,
any advice for defence? my defenders just stay like bottles and do not challenge the opponent, they do not tackle (or worst, they do it on the penalty box), they do not cross.

Nice tactic, but for whatever reason every second goal I score is then followed up by an INSTANT reply from the oposition. And I dont mean like 5-10 mins after, I mean like 30 seconds, straight from the off. Dont know if anyone else has the same problem. But still, a good tactic.

what shouts are you using on v3 and are there any opposition instructions? I am losing to slovan liberic!

+ might add that the tactic i have been using was similar to your dominator tactic v3. only major difference was 2 cms instead of 2 dm

Nasty, not sure what you mean, but the centre halfs closing down is to own half (stopper) and own area (cover) - its system I like so that one attacks the ball while the other sweeps. You could raise the closing down sliders if you'd prefer, but I found my cb's were constantly getting dragged out of position when it was left on default.

Kyle, that's happened to me once or twice over the course of one and a half seasons, I think it's just football mate. Can't say it's been a major problem for me - I had best defence in prem 1st season only conceding 30 in 38, and this year I've been even stronger at the back with the v3 version of the tactic conceding only 12 in 14 games.

Ody, team shouts are always 'get the ball forward' and 'play the ball out of defence'. I leave opposition instructions to my assistant manager. Hope that helps.

Team training is still set to heavy on team cohesion and I'm 7th December, seems to really help, maybe give that a try?

Also I'm trying minor tweaks around my corner routine, switched it to 6 yard box at the moment - anyone else worked out a better routine? Also for free kicks? I'd be interested to know because I want to improve the return from setpieces?

do you use v3 at home also? thanks for the input?

Back