4-3-3 SchemeServe for FM15

UPDATED FOR VERSION 15.1.1
- Left wingback switched to STAY WIDER
- Team tempo changed to HIGH TEMPO
- Attacking players set to TACKLE HARDER
- F9 instructed to HOLD UP BALL
- GK instructed to THROW IT LONG to FULLBACKS

Introduction

Having tinkered with the match engine endlessly since the beta came out, for which I'd created a ridiculously dominant tactic, the latest retail release Version 15.1.1 has drastically altered to match engine and has required me to go back to the drawing board with the tactic and review many of the things that were working. With the assistance of all of you and your invaluable feedback, particularly around the improvement in tempo, I think I've now got the tactic back and stable albeit nowhere near as ruthless as in the original beta. The goals of the tactic are simple...

1. To win by clear margins
2. To maintain 60-65% possession
3. To deliver 85%+ pass accuracy with 80% minimum across DEF, MID and ATT
4. To aspire to 550-650 passes per game dependent upon opposition

Well certainly the vast numbers of passes with acute accuracy are back and goals are naturally coming as a result. The formation uses previous theory on FM14 in order to pass the ball around in a controlled fashion whilst playing between the lines of the defence and drawing the opposition out of position for on rushing midfielders and inside forwards to capitalise on the space behind. As such the F9 is pivotal to the system and should almost certainly be where your first transfer budget is spent in order to get someone spectacular to fill the role.

The Formation

ScreenShot2014-10-31at173559_zps1fd031ee.png

PLEASE NOTE: Since the update the below instructions have changed with closing down of goalkeepers now ticked and the tempo having been increased in order to keep up the intensity of the passing.

ScreenShot2014-10-31at172206_zps62e48137.png

The Positions

[highlight]Goalkeeper (Defend)[/highlight]
Should be quick of his line with good athleticism and ball distribution. Whlst I've made it work with Wojcech, I suspect the tactic would benefit with a keeper who is quicker off his line and Szceszny's poor distribution definitely holds the tactic back in terms of ball recycling.
Recommended Players: Marc Andre ter Stegen, Jeronimo Rulli or Bernd Leno
Players I've Used: Wojcech Szceszny, David Ospina, Damien Martinez
Add PPM Avoid Using Weaker Foot

[highlight]Central Defender (Defend)[/highlight]
Good mental skills required and the tactic improves if you use defenders with passing of 13 or above. I also teach them PPM's to stay on their feet, mark tightly and play a short simple passing game and their role is simply to stay in position, break down attacks and recycle possession to the more capable ball players.
Recommended Players: John Stones, Matthias Ginter or Ashley Williams
Players I've Used: John Stones, Nicolas Nkoulou, Per Mertesacker, Laurent Koscielny, Eder Alvarez Balanta
Add PPM Mark Opponents Tightly, Stay On Feet
Remove PPM Dives Into Tackles, Try to play his way out of trouble,

[highlight]Wing Back (Support) [/highlight]
Workhorses, so high stats in work rate, stamina and determination help massively and again, decent passing is a must. Given the crossing being so important in both the beta and full version, that stat is also important and they can pick up a lot of assists that way providing the natural width to the formation with the IF's cutting inside. With their high pressing, my full backs were registering, on average, 3 tackles per game with 20% or more cross completion. Make sure to set your wingbacks to take your throw ins
Recommended Players - Left Wing Back: David Alaba, Lucas Digne or Ivan Strinic
Recommended Players - Right Wing Back: Stephan Lichtsteiner, Sebastian Jung or Sebastien Corchia
Players I've Used: David Alaba, Kieron Gibbs, Mathieu Debuchy, Callum Chambers
Add PPM Mark Opponents Tightly, Stay On Feet, Hug The Touchline
Remove PPM Dives Into Tackles, Dribbles Down the Left/Right Flank

[highlight]Central Midfielder (Defend)[/highlight]
Plays more like an anchor man with short passing (recommended PPM), little closing down and works to disrupt the opposition whilst recycling the ball to the two advanced playmakers. He does however provide a creative outlet and occasional goalscoring threat though, so passing stats are a bonus, but I'd much rather trade those for good mental skills that position him in the right place with the right mindset. Should exceed 90% pass completion given the right players around him and a minimum 5 tackles per game.
Recommended Players: Kevin Strootman, Morgan Schneiderlin or Claudio Yacob
Players I've Used: Jordan Henderson, Lucas Romero, Gaston Gil Romero, Mikel Arteta
Add PPM Mark Opponents Tightly, Plays Short Passing Game, Plays One Twos, Comes Deep To Get Ball
Remove PPM Dives Into Tackles, Try to play his way out of trouble, Runs With Ball Often

[highlight]Advanced Playmaker (Attack)[/highlight]
These two midfielders will be the ones getting all of your passes, floating around the midfield area with their high technical stats, but also requiring good physicals to ensure they can keep up with play in terms of work rate, teamwork, stamina and determination. Obviously passing and vision are important and they'll weigh in with their share of goals arriving late in the box too, but they perhaps play more like box to box midfielders, ala Paul Scholes in his prime rather than the positional description suggests. Aim for high 80's in terms of pass completion, but equally they'll contribute 3-4 tackles each per game giving you serious turnover in possession when coupled with the holding midfielder.
Recommended Players: Kevin Strootman, Markus Henrikson or Joao Moutinho
Players I've Used: Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Abou Diaby
Add PPM Mark Opponents Tightly, Plays Short Passing Game, Plays One Twos, Comes Deep To Get Ball, Moves Into Channels
Remove PPM Dives Into Tackles, Try to play his way out of trouble

[highlight]Inside Forward (Attack)[/highlight]
In theory a left footer on the right and vice versa should improve the tactic, but I've found little to suggest this is the case (any feedback on this?). The winger should be typically quick with good crossing, stamina and work rate and being able to finish is a huge bonus. Yarmolenko started off the season in blistering goalscoring form for me from the left with 15 in his first 10, but with an injury occuring shortly thereafter that kept him out for three months, the goals instead started to come more from the False 9 position. Expect 15 or more goals each with double figure assists.
Recommended Players - Left Inside Forward: Andre Schurrle, Andriy Yarmonlenko or Moussa Sow
Recommended Players - Right Inside Forward: Kevin Volland, Andre Hahn or Jose Callejon
Players I've Used: Santi Cazorla, Alexis Sanchez, Theo Walcott, Andriy Yarmolenko
Add PPM Plays Short Passing Game, Plays One Twos, Moves Into Channels, Dribbles Down Left/Right; Cuts Inside
Remove PPM Hugs Touchline

[highlight]False 9 (Support)[/highlight]
Your primary creator who needs good creative, technical skills and off the ball movement to create space, possibly even a retrained AMC. I retrained Ozil and he flourished, as the stats below will show, getting a ludicrous number of goals and assists along the way whilst maintain a fantastic 84% pass completion. Expect 20 goals and double figure assists. I see a lot of people here saying that their strikers up top aren't scoring enough, but this role is NOT for a striker and if you try and play Diego Costa or Falcao in this role, the tactic will not work as intended. This role really is fundamental to the tactics success so ensure your player has good teamwork, passing, vision, off the ball and then solid technicals around first touch, technique etc.
Recommended Players: Edison Cavani, Carlos Bacca, Seydou Doumbia
Players I've Used: Mesut Ozil, Seydou Doumbia, Danny Welbeck
Add PPM Plays Short Passing Game, Plays One Twos, Moves Into Channels, Comes Deep To Get Ball
Remove PPM Hugs Touchline; Runs With Ball Left/Right/Centre; Shoots From Distance

Training

PRE SEASON
General Training = Team Cohesion (Average)
Match Training = 100%
Match Preparation = Match Tactics

DURING SEASON
General Training = Balanced (Hard)
Match Training = 20%
Match Preparation = Def. Positioning

Player's individual training should be set to maximise their attributes to the position they're playing and to improve on any weaknesses they may have.

Recruitment

My top tip - don't sign any players with DETERMINATION < 12, WORK RATE <12 or AGGRESSION <10.

The Top Performers

ScreenShot2014-11-02at190124_zps61bd3497.png

ScreenShot2014-11-02at190202_zpsb807ebea.png

ScreenShot2014-11-02at190142_zps5fa07c1f.png

The Results (Season 1)

ScreenShot2014-10-31at172226_zpsc39bcb82.png

ScreenShot2014-11-02at190251_zps18ae3f2d.png

ScreenShot2014-11-02at190230_zpsd32a6417.png

Download Links

Download BETA Version

NEW Download V15.1.1 Final Release Version Via Mega.NZ

NEW Download V15.1.1 Final Release Version Via Steam Workshop

Please do feel free to offer your feedback and findings on this formation bought to you by the team at SchemeServe Insurance Software

Last edited:
What about training and Opposition Instructions ?????

@Mjdamn is that all you can figure out to ask after he extensively posted everything crucial there was to know about the tactic?

Great work i would say first! Outstanding post!

Regarding training you should always train you're players according to the position you want to train them, or focus on skills they need to improve on to handle the position better.

As for team training, the first thing is always the most important one. Tactic - get it fluid.

Now you can start looking at other options right?

Balanced is a sure winner all over, because it let the squad focus on most aspects of the training ensuring that stats are kept and improved steadily.

The other options are Teamwork wich should be used if you sign a lot of new players as team morale is crucial in this years FM. You do not want a bunch of sour grapes to handle on matchday right?

As from that focus on assistant managers recommendations as you will get scout-raports that will highlight opponent weakness and strenghts.

I always train attacking movement for home games i should win regardless of scout raports, but thats just me.

You want to be a manager? Then become one through learning and experience.

In theory, if you had all the answers, who are the best players for this position, what do i do when i need to chase a goal, what training do i use, what teamtalks is best etc.... It's like not playing the game, its like going on holiday only you got to click and watch the games. . . I can guarantee that no reward is better than when you make a decission of you're own that crucialy change the outcome of the game.

Keep up the good work, and again
@EdJames, BRILLIANT work!

First game Against QPR away win 4-1

BRILLIANT WORK EdJames and keep up the good work

What version I have to use ? Do you change anything against big teams ?

Has anyone else had trouble finding this in archived tactics? the .fmf doesnt show up for me....

Have to say this tactic worked great with my Preston team in the Sky Bet Championship. Was picked to finish 21st and ended up finishing 4th.

Would have finished better had I not waited until the season was halfway over to start using it.

Im having problems downloading this tactic dont have any problems with any others, Really want to try this out

I have a problem these are fmf files i need .tac files or not?

What about training and Opposition Instructions ?????

Both should should never be set generically...as the poster below says.

With regards training, you should use team cohesion along with maximum tactical training until fluid, then drop the latter down to 20% with general training switched to BALANCED as the tactic needs a good blend. Individuals should be trained in accordance with the descriptions given.

What version I have to use ? Do you change anything against big teams ?

You use the version for 15.1.1, if you're playing that version, and the one for the BETA if you're playing the BETA...no, I don't change anything for the big team.

Have to say this tactic worked great with my Preston team in the Sky Bet Championship. Was picked to finish 21st and ended up finishing 4th.

Would have finished better had I not waited until the season was halfway over to start using it.

Glad to hear it's working across all leagues and not just for big clubs.

Great OP, i will try this with my first season today and give you feedback