Started as Crystal Palace. I started really well but it's all veered off since November. The defence is all over the place at the moment. Using Scott Dann, James Tomkins or Martin Caceres at the back.

View attachment 1091330

View attachment 1091331

which version are you using?

when i played with palace i had some defensive problems too, especially with scott dann as he is too slow for this tactic. another problem i found was scoring most of our chances, coz our wingers had poor finishing attributes.

what training are you using? i recommend teamwork.

also, do you score first and then let the game turn around or are you chasing games? if you let games turn around, need to take more attention to your team talks as they are massively important this year. you can be in front 3-0 at half-time and lose the game to a poor team talk - recommend ast manager with level of discipline, determination and motivating attributes

which version are you using?

when i played with palace i had some defensive problems too, especially with scott dann as he is too slow for this tactic. another problem i found was scoring most of our chances, coz our wingers had poor finishing attributes.

what training are you using? i recommend teamwork.

also, do you score first and then let the game turn around or are you chasing games? if you let games turn around, need to take more attention to your team talks as they are massively important this year. you can be in front 3-0 at half-time and lose the game to a poor team talk - recommend ast manager with level of discipline, determination and motivating attributes

Thanks for the reply bro.

I'm using V3 tactic and training has been on teamwork since the tactic became fluid. I am generally chasing games. Just lost 3-2 at home to Sunderland, conceded after 2 minutes. It's like Palace in real life! I might just focus my training on defence and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply bro.

I'm using V3 tactic and training has been on teamwork since the tactic became fluid. I am generally chasing games. Just lost 3-2 at home to Sunderland, conceded after 2 minutes. It's like Palace in real life! I might just focus my training on defence and see what happens.

i tried that too, which worked but then me drew a few more games from not scoring as much.

i'm currently working on a version that is more solid at the back, with FB's with an attack duty. they still go forward but are more conscious of when and where so they are caught out less.

wanna give it a try?

also, are you using OI's?

i tried that too, which worked but then me drew a few more games from not scoring as much.

i'm currently working on a version that is more solid at the back, with FB's with an attack duty. they still go forward but are more conscious of when and where so they are caught out less.

wanna give it a try?

also, are you using OI's?

Ye I'll change my fullbacks to FB Attack and see what happens. I don't use OI's.

Ye I'll change my fullbacks to FB Attack and see what happens. I don't use OI's.

try setting opposing wingers to be tightly marked

i've also changed the DM do a BWM (D) and some other small tweaks here and there

View attachment 116037View attachment 116036

the more balanced approach with FB's and the BWM is proving very effective. started using it when we played tottenham.

we have 8 wins and 1 draw in 9 games, conceeding only 5 goals and scoring 21

we also got a cheeky win in munique :D

Last edited:
As can probably be guessed from my previous posts in this thread, I really really like this tactic.
To answer an earlier general question I have had my success (won the Welsh treble last year with my semi-pro side, 6 of the 12 teams in the Welsh Premier are now pro) with v2 of the Enganche version.

What I will say is that the tactic provides a great basis for tweaking. I have toyed with a 'flat 4420' version and had very nice results as well (although I revert back to v2 of the Enganche version as that is what gained me my first Welsh Prem title).
My flat 4420 had these changes;
MC-A turned to MC-D
DM moved up to MC-D (mirror options from the MC-A turned MC-D)
Team instructions, turned on Look For Overlap and Exploit Both Flanks

Too scared to make a full switch away from what won me everything last year :D

As can probably be guessed from my previous posts in this thread, I really really like this tactic.
To answer an earlier general question I have had my success (won the Welsh treble last year with my semi-pro side, 6 of the 12 teams in the Welsh Premier are now pro) with v2 of the Enganche version.

What I will say is that the tactic provides a great basis for tweaking. I have toyed with a 'flat 4420' version and had very nice results as well (although I revert back to v2 of the Enganche version as that is what gained me my first Welsh Prem title).
My flat 4420 had these changes;
MC-A turned to MC-D
DM moved up to MC-D (mirror options from the MC-A turned MC-D)
Team instructions, turned on Look For Overlap and Exploit Both Flanks

Too scared to make a full switch away from what won me everything last year :D

great feedback dude, cheers :) and congrats on those results

how many goals are your EG's scoring a season?

i'm really divided as to which leading line role is more efficient. i like the play of the EG's more, as they dribble less and incorporate team mates better offensively, but SS's seem to score more, although the fotball also seems less fluid

i'd love to hear opinions on this btw :p

and that flat 4420 approach down the wings looks interesting, although i think SS's would better suit that tactic

Last edited:
Guys, who is the best for EG between Dybala and griezmann ? Any other options ?
EGv2 works for ManUtd like a charm, especially when use attacking

Guys, who is the best for EG between Dybala and griezmann ? Any other options ?
EGv2 works for ManUtd like a charm, especially when use attacking

both are awesome! buy both, use dybala as EG and Griezmann as WM :D

Has anyone tried an EG with SS up top, if so how did that work for you?

tried it for a couple of games and dont think it proved better than the EG or SS combo. still unsure as to which combo works better though

Gonna try this with Vejgaard in the Danish 2.div(3rd division) as it's the team closest to my home and ranked at the bottom of the division. Gonna be interesting to see as some players have 1 in passing ability. Hopefully we will battle relegation. Club status is amateur so cant really actract any good players :D

Do you recommend the flexible one for low league football?

Last edited:
Has anyone tried an EG with SS up top, if so how did that work for you?

So far so good. BUT...
There is One main question. Almost a few teams in FM have strikers/shadow strikers with requirements of Mr. Veez tactic.
First of all you need to learn specific PPf for each role as long as repositioning your wingers, strikers and etc. But results are pretty different.

View attachment 115787 Didnt work with an extreme underdog team, in the lowest danish league. So now my task will be to make a good underdog tactic. Long ball style ;)

View attachment 1091709 Didnt work with an extreme underdog team, in the lowest danish league. So now my task will be to make a good underdog tactic. Long ball style ;)

Martino, what version are you using? I think this is vital with an underdog team, I tried to change to the Enganche and, when I post my second season, not far away now, you'll see how that small change affected my results. Changed back to V3 with OI's and results are back to being much more solid again.

players are important too. I posted early on in this thread some free transfers I made in the first season, Diaby, Carbonell, Fdaouch, etc with Rochdale.

They are still getting regular games, I'm 2nd in the league with Rochdale, 12 points clear of 3rd and predicted 24. Date 16/03/18.
Also to get the familiarity up I was playing friendlies every3rd day to get them ready for the season. You can rotate starting 11 and it seems to help all players

Your defence looks the main problem and without looking at your defend Rs it's hard to see why. I would guess that your CB's need higher anticipation, positioning and pace personally. The reason I prefer these attributes over any other for lower leagues is because the defenders seem to be more savvy at playing on the front foot, meaning they tend to cut out more direct and long balls.

hope that helps, let me know if you need anything else:)

Last edited:
So far so good. BUT...
There is One main question. Almost a few teams in FM have strikers/shadow strikers with requirements of Mr. Veez tactic.
First of all you need to learn specific PPf for each role as long as repositioning your wingers, strikers and etc. But results are pretty different.

Next season I won't own a striker over the age of 21. I've been unsuccessful in the retraining of any strikers, which isn't an issue, as in January Javi Munoz as on a free and I signed him. I'm now retraining him as a SS and if promoted I will aim to pair him up with Oliver if I can get him. I think Oliver has got everything to make that position his and Munoz for a long time. Place shots is the PPF that Veez prefers for his front 5.

Oh, Munoz has 8 goals in9 starts since he joined :)

Martino, what version are you using? I think this is vital with an underdog team, I tried to change to the Enganche and, when I post my second season, not far away now, you'll see how that small change affected my results. Changed back to V3 with OI's and results are back to being much more solid again.

players are important too. I posted early on in this thread some free transfers I made in the first season, Diaby, Carbonell, Fdaouch, etc with Rochdale.

They are still getting regular games, I'm 2nd in the league with Rochdale, 12 points clear of 3rd and predicted 24. Date 16/03/18.
Also to get the familiarity up I was playing friendlies every3rd day to get them ready for the season. You can rotate starting 11 and it seems to help all players

Your defence looks the main problem and without looking at your defend Rs it's hard to see why. I would guess that your CB's need higher anticipation, positioning and pace personally. The reason I prefer these attributes over any other for lower leagues is because the defenders seem to be more savvy at playing on the front foot, meaning they tend to cut out more direct and long balls.

hope that helps, let me know if you need anything else:)

Thanx for the input. Well I think the problem is that most of my players are terrible to say the least. I cant acttract free players either that have any kind of ability because of my low status...no expired players, no amateur players...almost all of them says no because of our low status(amateur club). My star players are a 17year old striker and an 20 year old midfielder that i managed to find on free.
I believe the tactic is great, my players just dont have the abilities yet to play a game that relies on through balls. I keep training the V3flex version, but I had to do some damage control to fight relegation, and 3 games away I think we might just make it and not dissapear into oblivions of lower leagues ;D
View attachment 115706My best defender

View attachment 115705My other "decent" defender. both came of free transfers

View attachment 115704 My best striker. He starts scoring in my new "underdog" tactic which might just save us from relegation and give us something to build on next season.

View attachment 115703 My only player with any kind of offensive vision ;)

View attachment 115702View attachment 115690

My "Kick n Rush" tactic that are saving us from relegation. We had 2 points at winter break and now we're almost clear of relegation...gonna be tight. 3 games remaining. In the screenshot some of the players are not in their right positions, so its no me who's a moron :D Just changed from one tactic to another.

I tried to save us with the Warlord tactic and the Conte3attheback tactic on here, but non of them worked either...just kept losing so thats when i went back to the drawing board to give us a solid base to build from. The SOFFYROAD tactic is not yet complete, but I think i have found a more than decent tactic for low level underdog teams. My start a thread once I've done tweaking it.

Last edited:
Just wanted to thank you for this brillant tactic! This is by far the best one, I've ever played with. Started with VfL Bochum, managed to qualify for the Euro Cup and been a contester for the last years. Now I switched to Schalke and tweaked your tactic a bit.

View attachment 115686

What tweaks did you make? I see you changed to wingers and FBs. What PI did you give them?