4132 - Strikerless Mayhem with a Solid Defence

• Thread starter Thread starter veez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 763
  • Views Views 301K
View attachment 116439View attachment 116441
View attachment 116445View attachment 116444
View attachment 116443View attachment 116442

finished my second season with norwich and i have to say i'm having a lot of fun :D especially due to having built a young team full of potential

finished second on equal points with united who had a better goal difference from conceeding only 20 goals all season. we conceeded 36 and scored 90 to their 78, leaving us 4 goals shy

it was still a memorable season where we managed some great transfers only to lose them to long injuries, which makes the achievement that much sweeter

due to the injuries the goals have been spread out throughout the team, which is very versatile and players can perform a couple of positions consistently

lost harshly in the efl cup final to city and then again to them in the fa cup semi final

raring to go for the title next season and see how we fare in the champions league

think this is the best version of the tactic so far, very similar to v3 flex, just a few minor tweaks with special emphasis on changing the SS to EG, DM to defend but removed hard tackling, CWB's to WB's and updated set-pieces

View attachment 116440

also set OI's to tightly mark opponent wingers

in regards to training, fitness and tactics for a couple of months, and then ball control and teamwork

use individual training to better suit your players to their positions and get an assistant manager with determination, motivating and level of discipline attributes to help with team talks that are massively important

use your more explosive players on the wings and your more technical passing players as EG and train the finishing of all these players, use PPM's such as place shots too

MartianMoleInAHole also gave some great insight on teamtalks which has proven very effective

When doing the team talks, at half time give an overall team talk. Then do the following for a draw, 1 or 2 goal lead.

Defenders - Assertively - You are playing well but can improve.
Midfielders - Same
Forwards - Same.

watch your team talk have the positive effect required

Last edited:
View attachment 1090900View attachment 1090898
View attachment 1090894View attachment 1090895
View attachment 1090896View attachment 1090897

finished my second season with norwich and i have to say i'm having a lot of fun :D especially due to having built a young team full of potential

finished second on equal points with united who had a better goal difference from conceeding only 20 goals all season. we conceeded 36 and scored 90 to their 78, leaving us 4 goals shy

it was still a memorable season where we managed some great transfers only to lose them to long injuries, which makes the achievement that much sweeter

due to the injuries the goals have been spread out throughout the team, which is very versatile and players can perform a couple of positions consistently

lost harshly in the efl cup final to city and then again to them in the fa cup semi final

raring to go for the title next season and see how we fare in the champions league

think this is the best version of the tactic so far, very similar to v3 flex, just a few minor tweaks with special emphasis on changing the SS to EG, DM to defend but removed hard tackling, CWB's to WB's and updated set-pieces

View attachment 1090899

also set OI's to tightly mark opponent wingers

in regards to training, fitness and tactics for a couple of months, and then ball control and teamwork

use individual training to better suit your players to their positions and get an assistant manager with determination, motivating and level of discipline attributes to help with team talks that are massively important

use your more explosive players on the wings and your more technical passing players as EG and train the finishing of all these players, use PPM's such as place shots too

MartianMoleInAHole also gave some great insight on teamtalks which has proven very effective

Switched to EG V3 :) Do we use OI on AML/AMR only or ML/MR aswell?

Very nice!

I'm trying this tactic with my Liverpool team, so far so good! This is definitely the most defensively stable tactic I've seen for a long time. What really interests me is that players don't have to be proficient in a role for them to do well in it! Thanks for this!

trying a slightly different approach. instructing team to play down the wings, removed cut inside from wingers and changed EG's back to SS, lookig good so far. will update soon

Hi I play with tottenham. Just won everything 1. season. 4 titels.
But who are good as wingers?

Left wing I've tried with Eriksen, he was bad. D.Rose was bad, while Son Heung-min was really good. marcus edwards was also good

Should it be left leg midfielders for left side or??

right winger
Harry winks was really good as right winger. Lamela was really bad. Trippier was also bad.

Hi I play with tottenham. Just won everything 1. season. 4 titels.
But who are good as wingers?

Left wing I've tried with Eriksen, he was bad. D.Rose was bad, while Son Heung-min was really good. marcus edwards was also good

Should it be left leg midfielders for left side or??

right winger
Harry winks was really good as right winger. Lamela was really bad. Trippier was also bad.

congrats on your achievements with with spurs! post some screenies if you can :P

in regards to wingers, i use left footed on the left and vice-versa. train appropriate players to new positions if needed

i would use erikssen as an EG or right WM, Lamela on the left

Last edited:
I've decided to try your original tactic (not v3 or v6 or whatever, just the original one) with Tottenham. Half a season in, I have a few impressing results...
View attachment 1091044
View attachment 1091045
This is first season Spurs, by the way. Kane is amazing - 20 goals in 19 EPL games so far. Will post more screens after full season.

good to know it still works :P

you have some great results there, but it is pretty safe to say that v3 is better the original, not only from my experience but most users

Back