I hate to be a ****, but when he posts the different version he's explained what's different. The better one has a lot more to do with your players than anything else and he's answered the training question 20 times. Just read the thread.
this is why it would be ideal when he gets time to update the OP with a small dislaimer about the different versions + it sux having to go through 40+ pages of posts.

I hate to be a ****, but when he posts the different version he's explained what's different. The better one has a lot more to do with your players than anything else and he's answered the training question 20 times. Just read the thread.
I hate to be a ****, but theres 2 versions in OP and about 5-8 versions in the 49 pages. Just update the thread.

See what i did there?

Downloaded the latest version, not sure if I want to load it yet though, I'm on a nice run. 42 games played (all comps) 3 losses and only twenty goals conceded using the HB v2!!

I have found using the opposition instructions of always closing down all the opponents defenders. This works better against defenders with low concentration and composure and can cause them to give possession away near their box, but still works against even some of the best defenders.

Having the 2 SS's swap sides has also worked quite well for, it can cause them to drag defenders out of position.

Downloaded the latest version, not sure if I want to load it yet though, I'm on a nice run. 42 games played (all comps) 3 losses and only twenty goals conceded using the HB v2!!

I have found using the opposition instructions of always closing down all the opponents defenders. This works better against defenders with low concentration and composure and can cause them to give possession away near their box, but still works against even some of the best defenders.

Having the 2 SS's swap sides has also worked quite well for, it can cause them to drag defenders out of position.

i am using the HB V2 with CWB's and a BBM - working very nicely. Goals conceded has dropped a lot.

View attachment 113891View attachment 113891

Last edited:
I have started using the new version, 5 games played, 15 goals scored, 4 conceded (2 in a draw with Arsenal). So far so good! I'm not too bothered about conceding the odd goal here and there, this is still the most defensively sound formation I've used.

i am using the HB V2 with CWB's and a BBM - working very nicely. Goals conceded has dropped a lot.

View attachment 1093840View attachment 1093840

Almost at the end of my first season in the Prem. Not had much chance of playing due to Christmas and a move from Brisbane to Melbourne just after NY. Anyway, results have been scattered and I haven't been producing a lot of chances since the update. I've done a bit of a tweak and after 4 very poor performances, I've just beaten Everton 3-1. 3 more games left and then to really test this tweak and see what it brings.

Early signs look promising

Am i the only one getting far worse results now?
Yep, and with no Veez around and my tweaks early signs of promise quickly going backwards I'm gonna have to hop to something else. Good luck Veez. This was awesome before the update, I'll keep checking back.

tactics still works well for me with auxerre

using VZZ HB v2 primarily and then VZZ v667 and VZZ EG v3 to mix it up

doing a "the road of cantona" starting out with auxerre (SO Les Caillols not possible :-( )and the planning on going on to martigues next then marseille, bordeaux, montpellier,nimes, leeds and finally man utd. will probably take me 20+ years, but then i will also have my moneys worth for fm2017, so hoping that the tactic is longterm proof

I've still been using HBv2 and it's been fine. Though, I use FB-A instead of CWB.

Still working.

9i1qy6A.png

Last edited:
Not sure what the update did to certain roles but I think CWB's are much less effective than before. I started conceding more and seemed to be making fewer chances. I changed to WB's on attack duty and that seems to be working, so far!

Not sure what the update did to certain roles but I think CWB's are much less effective than before. I started conceding more and seemed to be making fewer chances. I changed to WB's on attack duty and that seems to be working, so far!
My chances have fallen. Will try the change of WB. When I get time too ill put up season 3

Now that they fixed the Inverted Wing Backs, it might be a good idea to try them with this tactic since they're generally great.