Great tactic, which version are most people using by the way?

did the latest patch come out yesterday?

tactic is behaving differently

don't think so, haven't been playing for a few days due to exams which are over now, just got back to the game today and its going good for me using the suggested tweaks.

did the latest patch come out yesterday?

tactic is behaving differently

List of changes

STABILITY & PERFORMANCE
- Fixed freeze on social media screen

there were no change to the ME in 17.2.1.

lol sorry to have wasted your time

Hazza boy chill, if you don't like the tactic make your own, no need to be be so disrespectful to veez or anyone else who post tactics here for people to try.

Finished my season with United using a teaked version of VZZ HB v666 and i'm pretty happy with the results, as we managed to win all comeptitions except the FA cup, although i do grant that united are a force to be reckoned with financially and in terms of talent available

View attachment 109255View attachment 109258

Scored 131 goals and conceeded only 34 over the last 50 matches, creating a chance every 38 minutes and giving one away only once every 164 minutes

View attachment 109257View attachment 109256

won the league without losing a single game, scoring 94 goals and conceeding only 21, accumulating 31 wins and 7 draws in the process

View attachment 109254View attachment 109253
View attachment 109252View attachment 109251

i've updated the OP with the tactic and some guidelines - gonna start a new save with a weaker team to see how it holds up

let me know how you fare if you give it a try, cheers!

Last edited:
How does this fare defensively compared to park the bus 5-3-0 tactic? I always concead goals either from flanks or counters. I see that you use wingers, are they helping the wingbacks to mark/defend the wide areas?

How does this fare defensively compared to park the bus 5-3-0 tactic? I always concead goals either from flanks or counters. I see that you use wingers, are they helping the wingbacks to mark/defend the wide areas?

yes, flanks and corners are still lthe focal point of conceeded goals, but to a lesser extent in my opinion due to the cover provided by the wide midfielders, although i havent used the park the bus tactic so i cant compare to it specifically

Hey veez, all those transfers were made in the first season, can you screenshot for a more detailed list. Thanks

Clearly, there's some common ground, and I have tried both, but felt that Veez's tactic is a bit more attacking (the version I have used anyway) and is more able to win easily against the average teams. I also prefer the way it plays. There's always the opportunity for that killer ball that will change the whole match.

The 5-2-3-0 comes into its own when the teams are throwing everything at you, hence the name Park The Bus. I won an FA Cup Final against Man City 7-1 last season just because they went all out attack.

Anyway, my first post on here due to struggling getting myself registered.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Veez for making such a great tactic. It's my favourite for FM17 and have used it a great deal with a great amount of success. Last season I came from 13 points down at one point to winning the title in the final match of the season.

Clearly, there's some common ground, and I have tried both, but felt that Veez's tactic is a bit more attacking (the version I have used anyway) and is more able to win easily against the average teams. I also prefer the way it plays. There's always the opportunity for that killer ball that will change the whole match.

The 5-2-3-0 comes into its own when the teams are throwing everything at you, hence the name Park The Bus. I won an FA Cup Final against Man City 7-1 last season just because they went all out attack.

Anyway, my first post on here due to struggling getting myself registered.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Veez for making such a great tactic. It's my favourite for FM17 and have used it a great deal with a great amount of success. Last season I came from 13 points down at one point to winning the title in the final match of the season.

cheers dude, really appreciate your feedback and i'm glad you're enjoying the tactic

cheers dude, really appreciate your feedback and i'm glad you're enjoying the tactic

No problem, dude. Bit more feedback for you if you're interested. If not, just scroll down! :p

Had just the one match with the updated tactic.
I was 13th (took the job when they were in relegation zone), Hartlepool were 8th.
1-1 away draw, so a decent result.
We scored early on from a free kick (so set pieces seem to be okay), and we controlled the match for the most part.
Ignore their 2 woodworks; they were long shots that I like to think my keeper had covered!
We should have scored a couple more times in reality, but wasn't to be. (A cross that my shadow striker just needed to get on the end of, and an open goal which was blasted over)

In the 81st minute, they equalised with bit of a lucky goal. It was a narrow goal, and my keeper should have had the near post covered, but somehow it still managed to find its way past. I feel that goal was more of an issue with my keeper than anything else. That's the downside to being in the Vanarama - dodgy players!
With no money in the kitty, and needing a few upgrades within my side, I guess I need to get used to stuff like that happening.

First impressions is that the tactic is solid and look forward to the upcoming games where my players should improve a bit

No problem, dude. Bit more feedback for you if you're interested. If not, just scroll down! :p

Had just the one match with the updated tactic.
I was 13th (took the job when they were in relegation zone), Hartlepool were 8th.
1-1 away draw, so a decent result.
We scored early on from a free kick (so set pieces seem to be okay), and we controlled the match for the most part.
Ignore their 2 woodworks; they were long shots that I like to think my keeper had covered!
We should have scored a couple more times in reality, but wasn't to be. (A cross that my shadow striker just needed to get on the end of, and an open goal which was blasted over)

In the 81st minute, they equalised with bit of a lucky goal. It was a narrow goal, and my keeper should have had the near post covered, but somehow it still managed to find its way past. I feel that goal was more of an issue with my keeper than anything else. That's the downside to being in the Vanarama - dodgy players!
With no money in the kitty, and needing a few upgrades within my side, I guess I need to get used to stuff like that happening.

First impressions is that the tactic is solid and look forward to the upcoming games where my players should improve a bit

feedback is always appreciated!

vanarama is tough but i think those sort of long term saves are the most enjoyable

started a season with southampton and its looking good so far, should have hammered chelsea

View attachment 109153View attachment 109152