Well the new version seems to work great.

Sad part is it seems to be hard to find good players for shadow striker. Using genie scout its hard to find someone that can go above 82% of their potential PA in that position.

feedback is always appreciated!

vanarama is tough but i think those sort of long term saves are the most enjoyable

started a season with southampton and its looking good so far, should have hammered chelsea

View attachment 1099195View attachment 1099196

If you want feedback, I will keep on going then! :p

Updated tactic started from the wiggly line!

Since the last post, 4 wins and 1 lose.

Most impressive win was away to Dover who were near me in the league. I made them look silly.
And a rarity happened...I didn't conceed a goal!

I picked up a decent Spanish CD recently which has helped my defensive woes slightly - he actually scored on his debut. Prior to that, one of CDs was not even accomplished in that position, and the other one was a 17 year old loanee.
But, I digress....

The tactic looks good to me. The loss was the 2nd leg of the semi, and my defenders played ruuuuuuubbbbbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiishhh! 3 of them were under 6.3. Every time they had the ball, they just seemed to panic and have a moment of utter madness. Luckily I got an ET goal to go through to the final, so in a way it was a 'win'.

Other than that, I am pleased at what I have been seeing.

We are usually scoring 2-3 goals a game, which I think is a decent amount. Once the tactical familiarity increases, and a few players get better in their roles, I am hopeful we can really kick on.
7 more matches in the league, and 2 points off the play-offs, I am hopeful we can make them, and be well into our stride by then.

The downside? Every now and again, my defenders will pass long even though my SS are quite deep. It is quite random. It's almost like they are afraid of the ball, and want to be as far away from the ball as possible!

Well the new version seems to work great.

Sad part is it seems to be hard to find good players for shadow striker. Using genie scout its hard to find someone that can go above 82% of their potential PA in that position.

which of the AMC roles do you find players to have higher PA's at?

ok going to try this new version after being one of the first experimenters on the original tactic.

I will use Newcastle again and see how it compares.

ok going to try this new version after being one of the first experimenters on the original tactic.

I will use Newcastle again and see how it compares.

looking forward to that

which of the AMC roles do you find players to have higher PA's at?
All of the 4 other roles are showing higher potential %. Is shadow striker/AMC so much stronger than a dedicated striker? I have 0 clue about this sorta stuff.

All of the 4 other roles are showing higher potential %. Is shadow striker/AMC so much stronger than a dedicated striker? I have 0 clue about this sorta stuff.

with a striker the concept won't work as well, coz the strikers will force the other team's defensive line deeper and we cant exploit space in from behind

until now SS has been the preferred role, but i liked what i saw when i used EG's - they worked better in some areas coz they didn't dribble as much, but SS's position themselves higher up the pitch, so it's give and take

with a striker the concept won't work as well, coz the strikers will force the other team's defensive line deeper and we cant exploit space in from behind

until now SS has been the preferred role, but i liked what i saw when i used EG's - they worked better in some areas coz they didn't dribble as much, but SS's position themselves higher up the pitch, so it's give and take

Have you tried 1EG and 1SS?

Do your strikers doing well at shadow striker?

Yes but you have to re-train them. Gayle does well after he learns it, you just need strikers with the right attributes to be able to retrain.