4132 - Strikerless Mayhem with a Solid Defence

• Thread starter Thread starter veez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 763
  • Views Views 301K
Nice stuff Veez.

I took the CHelsea job to try and give the tactic a stern test by implementing into a team in December and a team that was 16th place when I took over and squad moral rock bottom.

Other than the freak Liverpool game where they scored 5 goals without a single CCC?? and the last FA Cup game where I rested the whole 1st team it's been fantastic.

Started of using counter mainly as the confidence was low but moving more towards standard now and hopefully attack next season more in home games.

Had no money really to spend in the Jan window and were due to fail FFP on wages so cut a lot of the squad (bringing in £45m and reducing wages by £300k a week) and only brought in 1 player plus a youth prospect for the future.

Really pleased with the progress and closing in a possible Champions League qualification spot....

View attachment 108427View attachment 108426
View attachment 108425View attachment 108424

Nice stuff Veez.

I took the CHelsea job to try and give the tactic a stern test by implementing into a team in December and a team that was 16th place when I took over and squad moral rock bottom.

Other than the freak Liverpool game where they scored 5 goals without a single CCC?? and the last FA Cup game where I rested the whole 1st team it's been fantastic.

Started of using counter mainly as the confidence was low but moving more towards standard now and hopefully attack next season more in home games.

Had no money really to spend in the Jan window and were due to fail FFP on wages so cut a lot of the squad (bringing in £45m and reducing wages by £300k a week) and only brought in 1 player plus a youth prospect for the future.

Really pleased with the progress and closing in a possible Champions League qualification spot....

View attachment 1100011View attachment 1100012
View attachment 1100013View attachment 1100014

those are some great results! especially considering where you were coming from

definately want to know how that finishes, good luck dude

I do love this tactic!
Sutton predicted to come 24th in Sky Bet Div 2. Mk Dons are in the Championship, and managed to beat them at their place 3-2. It wasn't even a fluke win either, I looked the better of the two sides.
There is something uber sweet about winning away from home in the 120th minute!
Thanks Veez!

I do love this tactic!
Sutton predicted to come 24th in Sky Bet Div 2. Mk Dons are in the Championship, and managed to beat them at their place 3-2. It wasn't even a fluke win either, I looked the better of the two sides.
There is something uber sweet about winning away from home in the 120th minute!
Thanks Veez!

ahahaha :D brilliant!

it does indeed!

View attachment 1100036View attachment 1100037

experimenting with the DM role, changed the HB to an Anchor Man and havent conceeded a goal in 7 games

lets see how we fare against city

May have to try the anchor man, because if there is one issue I am having at the moment, it is conceeding goals - even against no-hopers in friendly matches, but normally just the one, and we score more. Most of them are consolation goals though, which is something.

XD(6)(A)(H)(K);):D8-|:P^^)

View attachment 108396

didn't manage the cleanie but they had only one shot on goal, that ended up to be a screamer from range

city didn't play their first team, but that is still a proper performance at the etihad from these kids

View attachment 1100045

didn't manage the cleanie but they had only one shot on goal, that ended up to be a screamer from range

city didn't play their first team, but that is still a proper performance at the etihad from these kids

any time you score 4 times away from home is pretty special, never mind at Man City!

Nothing quite as special from me. However, I did try the anchor man (with counter mentality) and made my side much more defensively solid, I thought.

They barely had a chance, and most of them they had were at difficult angles or far out.

I thought it was quite impressive since they were 2nd, and had scored for fun in recent matches.

Decided to have one last match before I went to bed.

Palace, who are still in the Premiership got bit of a shock!

Kept it at counter and with the anchor man, and it seemed to work superbly.

Awesome tactic, Veez

View attachment 108392

they played their first team this leg but we still managed a really solid performance. we should have scored 2 or 3 in the first half really, but conceeded a draw right at the end

Decided to have one last match before I went to bed.

Palace, who are still in the Premiership got bit of a shock!

Kept it at counter and with the anchor man, and it seemed to work superbly.

Awesome tactic, Veez

that is a pretty amazing result :D

View attachment 1100045

What mentality you play with

crash dump :'( have to play city again. gonna call it a night

Last edited:
crash dump :'( have to play city again. gonna call it a night

View attachment 108313

back on the horse and we managed a better result than last time around, conceeding no CCC's and a single goal from a corner despite being a man down since the first half when we were already 2-0 up

guys, any tips when to use standart mentality and when I have to switch to counter?

guys, any tips when to use standart mentality and when I have to switch to counter?

Not sure if it will help you, but here's what I do:
Home

Start on attacking if you are big favourites.
Standard if it's quite even
Counter if you're the underdog.
Then obviously change mentality as the match dictates. If something is not working, go up or down. If you are the better team, but not quite getting the chances, go down to either standard or counter. This can help to bring their defence forward a little bit, which can be all you need with the right killer ball at the right time.
Alternatively you can go more attacking but I personally have found it can be quite hit and miss.

Away

Much the same, however, I would only start attacking if I was nearly 100% sure I would win.

Generally speaking, going counter at the end of the match when you want to preserve a lead is useful.

Back