Hey veez,

Just curious, i've seen that the players you use as WM at Liverpool are both right footed. Do you do any considerations in choosing the players for this position? Winger types or inside forward types?

i believe that the WM's perform better on their preferred foot side.

i also prefer the winger type, but he cant only be fast, needs to have skill and pass the ball well.

the inside forward type i prefer to use as SS if they have good finishing as they are normally more powerfull than wingers nand have to face a more crowded area of the pitch

Would you mind sharing your transfers screen?

Tactics look lovely by the way, I'm just searching for a squad that has the right mix of players.

How did you sign those players with Liverpools budget?

View attachment 118494

i actually had a lot of money left to spend at the end of the summer window. only bought kurzawa coz gaya got injured but then forgot to register him lol

as i'm testing i know it wont be a long run save and i offer a lot of money after 50 games / 50 goals and next transfer percentage so that i can save up on money paid up front.

i dont like playing unrealistically so i dont go around offering 30 or 40M after 50 games, but i do play around with it as i like to build teams at my own image, so i'm not affraid to sell 75% of a squad.

squad building has always been my favourite part of the game, only in recent years have i played around with tactics

I tweaked a bit the tactic from the first post, using BPD instead of CD (but keeping the fluid mentality), and it works well. I can't make tests, as my laptop is really old. I signed Felipe Anderson, Alex Texeira and Fred (yay, more Brazilians!)

did your defence remain solid and did the defenders actually make a diference going forward?

im loving my brazilian based liverpool :D felipe anderson is a GOD on the right wing and alex teixeira is a near perfect SS. love fred too, he can play in so many positions due to his all round stats and playing with either foot. i once adapted him as a complete wingback and he was a superstar!

does match preparation stay as match tactics or do you change to def positioning or attacking movement?

I went back to the first version but changed mixed to low crosses. Works better for me. Just letting you know!

I went back to the first version but changed mixed to low crosses. Works better for me. Just letting you know!

cheers! anyone else find the first version to work better for them?

View attachment 1088437

i actually had a lot of money left to spend at the end of the summer window. only bought kurzawa coz gaya got injured but then forgot to register him lol

as i'm testing i know it wont be a long run save and i offer a lot of money after 50 games / 50 goals and next transfer percentage so that i can save up on money paid up front.

i dont like playing unrealistically so i dont go around offering 30 or 40M after 50 games, but i do play around with it as i like to build teams at my own image, so i'm not affraid to sell 75% of a squad.

squad building has always been my favourite part of the game, only in recent years have i played around with tactics

Some nice wheeling and dealing there.

Im currently testing with spurs and now im going to test with Hertha bsc (berlin) aswell. Just to see the difference :)

****, I have done pretty much the same transfers as you, veez (except for Giménez and Kurzawa, went for a goalie instead, Karius got injured and Mignolet is disappointing as SK)

cheers! anyone else find the first version to work better for them?

I have just started it with Leicester. Sold slimani, Ulloa, Huth and Morgan. Replacing them at the moment so will see how it goes.

Veez is back.

Wide midfielders were really good on FM16 and from the 4-4-2 (2DM) that I tried and looking at your results it looks like they're still really good. I tried to see if I could sneak them into a 3 at the back formation and get them to do enough defending but even on very fluid they don't end up contributing defensively enough so I scrapped that idea. If you're having success using two SS I'd also be really interested to see how things work out using a 4-4-2 with 2 DMs and then two shadow strikers instead of forwards like I'd been using.

I saw some people mentioning low crosses, I'd definitely stick with those. I haven't had much success with whipped crosses or crosses from deep this year; low crosses and cross from the byline individual instruction seem to be the most successful combination for me so far. It probably won't make a lot of difference but you might try your GK on SK(D); with two SSs you're not going to be winning much in the air anyways so having the SK just distribute it short to your CBs more as opposed to trying to hoof it up to start a counter might work better over the course of a match.

I've been thinking of trying two DM. Not sure if want DLPD+RPM or DMD+DMS

I've been thinking of trying two DM. Not sure if want DLPD+RPM or DMD+DMS

I think having two playmakers in the same area of the pitch usually isn't that beneficial , I would try DLP(D) + DM(S) to start with. I've never used the RPM role outside of in-game adjustments so I'm less sure what the best role to pair with that would be, although I'd lean towards DM(D) or HB since the RPM ends up pushing really far forward during possession. 2x DM(S) was fairly solid for me as well.

i seem to only concede goals from set-pieces. anyone have a good defensive fk and corner setup they can share?

I'm allmost halfway through my second season now with Liverpool, and have used the latest version since the start of season 2. This is more like it. My team is actually playing very nice football, the low crosses and the flexible shape made all the difference to me. We're playing really well, solid defence, and scoring goales like crazy. Now the results actually reflects the gameplay.
Changing the ap to central mid has also proven effective.
Have ofc done a few transfers to better suit the tactic aswell, but mainly the tweaks thats done the difference :)

I'm allmost halfway through my second season now with Liverpool, and have used the latest version since the start of season 2. This is more like it. My team is actually playing very nice football, the low crosses and the flexible shape made all the difference to me. We're playing really well, solid defence, and scoring goales like crazy. Now the results actually reflects the gameplay.
Changing the ap to central mid has also proven effective.
Have ofc done a few transfers to better suit the tactic aswell, but mainly the tweaks thats done the difference :)

awesome!

i have reached the same conclusions with my first season at liverpool with the flexible tactic, 2 games away from finishing the season and will post some screenies of my results.

thanks for pointing out what you did and motivating these tweaks :)

awesome!

i have reached the same conclusions with my first season at liverpool with the flexible tactic, 2 games away from finishing the season and will post some screenies of my results.

thanks for pointing out what you did and motivating these tweaks :)

Lol, the tweaks were all you mate, I only complained about a couple of things :p