4231 by Veez (Patch 13.2.2)

• Thread starter Thread starter veez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 455
  • Views Views 104K
Thanks for the update - looks great! Gonna try it now with a fresh season - will let you know how I get on.

Yes, a whole host of ME changes. Could make some custom tactics very interesting.

Sports Interactive, the developers of Football Manager - FM2013 Update 13.1.3

WOW! SI really went all out with this patch!

Some of the changes in the new tactic, especially in marking and closing down were developed especially because of some flaws i had detetcted. interested to see how these changes will work now after the patch. will need thorough testing and feedback to post a v2 soon if one is needed. help with this is much appreciated! :)

anyone have any results yet with the new patch? with either tactic?

Thanks for the update - looks great! Gonna try it now with a fresh season - will let you know how I get on.

no problem mate! anxiously awaiting your feedback! :D slow day at work today, added to the fact i released a new tactic 3 minutes before SI released a new ME overhauling patch, i cant wait to get the **** outta here and and play!!!! so don't be shy about posting, all of you!! lol

Well I've only registered to tell you how good the tactic was before the patch. I was really struggling with Reading and then for the second half of season two I won 12 out of 18 and only lost to Utd, City and Spurs(away) For me it was the best tactic id tested.

Since the patch the opposition get too much time and space out wide, get behind way too often and away against a decent side is very difficult and sadly impossible vs a top side. Im sure you will be able to find ways to combat the new ME, im going to drop my defence deeper away and stop offside which i know you suggested anyway before the patch and see if that helps.

Well I've only registered to tell you how good the tactic was before the patch. I was really struggling with Reading and then for the second half of season two I won 12 out of 18 and only lost to Utd, City and Spurs(away) For me it was the best tactic id tested.

Since the patch the opposition get too much time and space out wide, get behind way too often and away against a decent side is very difficult and sadly impossible vs a top side. Im sure you will be able to find ways to combat the new ME, im going to drop my defence deeper away and stop offside which i know you suggested anyway before the patch and see if that helps.

thanks for the feedback mate! this was using the first tactic yes? have you tried the balanced control? havent got round to testing it with the new patch, but will do so tonight hopefully and try to adapt it to the new patch if needed. i will also look into the previous tactic and see if i can adapt it to the new patch too, taking into account it has had such positive reviews!

i launched the balanced control version mostly to counter ME flaws i had found, unfortunately it was launched minutes before the patch came out, but havent received any feedback from it yet, so i still have hope it will work!

thanks again!

Hey mate,

Just going to give this a try with Arsenal in a quick playthrough. It looks similar enough to the system I usually play, although by the looks of things, yours is more successful!

I'll post back with any feedback shortly!

Cheers for your hard work!

Before the patch some of the football was top class, loads of triangles, one-twos, switching play and if the striker was quick enough he'd often get in behind. That still applies at home, though maybe not quite as much, but away it is a real struggle now. I am Reading still with a squad that should finish bottom half imo. Though I have got Walcott upfront now and he is scoring 2 goals a game after 14 starts this season.

I'll try the balanced approach away from now on. Id made yours more defensive after some crushing defeats, 6-0 away to Utd, and have now had three draws in a row, 0-0, 1-1(x2) where I never looked like losing but didn't create loads either. But away draws with Reading is no shame!

Hey mate,

Just going to give this a try with Arsenal in a quick playthrough. It looks similar enough to the system I usually play, although by the looks of things, yours is more successful!

I'll post back with any feedback shortly!

Cheers for your hard work!

thanks mate! god luck with that! bear in mind that these tatics and the posted results were previous to the new patch, so results are uncertain, although feedback is much appreciated so that i can build on it for the future!

Before the patch some of the football was top class, loads of triangles, one-twos, switching play and if the striker was quick enough he'd often get in behind. That still applies at home, though maybe not quite as much, but away it is a real struggle now. I am Reading still with a squad that should finish bottom half imo. Though I have got Walcott upfront now and he is scoring 2 goals a game after 14 starts this season.

I'll try the balanced approach away from now on. Id made yours more defensive after some crushing defeats, 6-0 away to Utd, and have now had three draws in a row, 0-0, 1-1(x2) where I never looked like losing but didn't create loads either. But away draws with Reading is no shame!

try the balanced approach, maybe with the two CM's as DMF's away from home for more consistency, and with more direct passing and quicker tempo, it might work. however, if you do so, change the passing of the players up front to short so they dont give away posession too easily. for home game si think the balanced approach might render you more goal opportunities!

Last edited:
anyone with fresh results from the new patch? common! i'm dying here... still got a couple of hours till i get off work, and football practice after that!

2 losses at home so far mate,will update when i play more games(control tactic)

2 losses at home so far mate,will update when i play more games(control tactic)

thanks mate. try the balanced approach. apparently, from the feedback i've had, the initial tactic gives the opposition too much space with the new patch and isnt so effective. the balanced approach closes down the opposition more often and is entended to work as a unit up and down the pitch, it is untested in this patch however.

thanks mate. try the balanced approach. apparently, from the feedback i've had, the initial tactic gives the opposition too much space with the new patch and isnt so effective. the balanced approach closes down the opposition more often and is entended to work as a unit up and down the pitch, it is untested in this patch however.

I will give it a go now.

I will give it a go now.

good luck! post some feedback when you can, as soon as i get home i'll work on them to see if i can better adapt them to the new patch. cheers!

thats quite good for southampton first season! what were your impressions of the tactic, strengths, weaknesses? you used the first version yes?

After the patch - It's either the patch or a coincidence ... I'm top of the table right now with my Southampton team. I just spanked Chelsea 5-2. As I mentioned before my newbies have at least a season under their belt but its working really well right now... First 5-6 games in I've won them all and one draw.

After the patch - It's either the patch or a coincidence ... I'm top of the table right now with my Southampton team. I just spanked Chelsea 5-2. As I mentioned before my newbies have at least a season under their belt but its working really well right now... First 5-6 games in I've won them all and one draw.

thats awesome! are you using the rigid or the balanced tactic? thats probably the most positive feedback i've had since the patch came out. how are you faring in away games? do you make any changes when you play away?

I still use Rigid at home for most of the league games and it still batters the poor sides and beats the rest. Now using Balanced away my results are better, only one loss in 7 away games with 4 wins. Next game is Chelsea away though!

Using Rigid Control.... I was raising the tempo quick if away or hard teams and dropping the defense back... I made a mistake start of season and have been playing that way since. I'm considering taking it from rigid to balance I think my players could handle it.

As I posted this Tottenham just spanked me 3-1 @ White Hart Lane ... But I wouldn't expect much else honestly.

I'll keep it updated here.

Ramirez has come alive this season he 7 goals in 9 games..

good luck! post some feedback when you can, as soon as i get home i'll work on them to see if i can better adapt them to the new patch. cheers!

Played 6 games with the Balanced tactic and its working great with the new ME changes.Tackling seems much better,seem to counter really well,passing in the final third is fantastic,passes flow together and end up in a goal alot of the time.the squad seem to be playing more as a unit.Good tactic!!

Back