4231 by Veez (Patch 13.2.2)

• Thread starter Thread starter veez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 455
  • Views Views 104K
Best that i have tried.. City 4-2 Chelsky 5G 5V playing demo no time to gel, just plug and win.. looks like the update helped, i change control, attacking and overload depending on result, i use in-game shouts looks like they working.. fingers crossed. Well done veez.

thanks mate, is this the balanced or rigid version?

excellent feedback! although i only played two friendlies, it seemed to me it worked very well too. i made two changes though. I put the CB's on tight marking, as i believe the issues with CB's both closing down the same player are now solved. and i reduced the passing of the two outside AM's and the striker to the first notch of direct. I had put it on max because of the lack of key passing of the previous ME. this now seems to be solved too, so i reduced this in the mid of my first friendly because it seemed my players up front were making through balls just for the fun of it ijnstead of waiting for the right opportunity to pass. This tweak seemed to work very well. appart from that i didnt make any changes. will test further as soon as i can.

cheers for the feedback mate, and keep it up!

Cheers mate I will try your changes now, I got back to back promotions so far with Stafford Rangers i'm loving the football my team are playing at the moment.

tank you

that was a great tactic, i was struggeling with my team notts county, with this tactic i won my first game 5-0 vd carlisle, hope it will continue :D

joern-tommy from norway

Hey Veez

Sorry for taking a while to post feedback. I spent ages on pre-season. I'm halfway through a new season playing the balanced control tactic and it's going well.

My main observation is that the wing backs positioning seems to be off. Far too many goals have been scored with either a pass to an unmarked winger outside the box where the wing back was far too central or a deep cross to the back post leaving an unmarked opponent with a tap in. The odd goal is scored against me from a through ball but this has got a lot better overall since you dropped the d-line. My wing backs are the weakest part of my squad and it's difficult to say whether it's tactic or whether it's them being donkeys but I mention it because I didn't see this with the rigid control so much. (EDIT: Just re-read your OP and you mentioned this... sigh, missed that first time around - I'll man-mark wingers when playing stronger opposition from now on lol)

Fierro is scoring goals for fun as usual but the AMs are doing surprisingly well. I have one AM that I didn't intend to play regularly but had to through injury and he's got 16 assists and 10 goals at mid way despite being a 3 star CA, 5 star PA. The change for Treq to AP helps a lot with rotation - thx for that!

At the start of the season the whole attack would run brainlessly into a wall of defenders and play pinball - it was very, very messy but I've stuck to the tactic and now that all the players have settled in to the new tactic, it's all a lot prettier, albeit mostly against weaker opposition.

AM and Striker passing is really excellent. Fierro is 2nd best passer in the league on my save at the moment. When all goes right - and I've struggled a bit with team talks since the update - the team consistently knocks in 4 or 5 goals and is fairly tight at the back.

You asked for feedback last time as to whether to create a tactic to run alongside this and I thought not. I've changed my mind now :) Out of nowhere, a coach started whining at me for only having one tactic prepared, so I prepared the rigid control to shut him up but never really use it. How about a partner tactic that sets wing backs to man mark and sets AMs to IFs with overlapping wing backs -theory being, when through balls aren't going to cut it because the opposition has shut-up shop, then IFs run at defence, pull the defenders away to make room for the AP to either spread wide to overlapping wing backs or pass through to striker.

This is still by far my favourite tactic. I maintain that what makes this tactic so good is the ease of rotation. What's always annoyed me about this game is having to have, let's say, one MR and then find he gets injured or having 2 MRs and then have the backup whine all season about not playing first time football and upsetting the rest of the team. With this tactic, I just stock up on CMs and AMCs and I'm set for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
I spend 10 games and comeback to give some weakness (I guess)

I don't know if i'm the only one but it's happen that if you play against the team that packed their midfield up. like 4-5-1 3-5-2(no wb just 5 midfield) my team really struggle.

other than that everything work great I'm 11 game without defeat now and my ST score like crazy

thanks again

will comeback later cheers' mate

that was a great tactic, i was struggeling with my team notts county, with this tactic i won my first game 5-0 vd carlisle, hope it will continue :D

joern-tommy from norway

keep it up! leet me kow how it goes.

Hey Veez

Sorry for taking a while to post feedback. I spent ages on pre-season. I'm halfway through a new season playing the balanced control tactic and it's going well.

My main observation is that the wing backs positioning seems to be off. Far too many goals have been scored with either a pass to an unmarked winger outside the box where the wing back was far too central or a deep cross to the back post leaving an unmarked opponent with a tap in. The odd goal is scored against me from a through ball but this has got a lot better overall since you dropped the d-line. My wing backs are the weakest part of my squad and it's difficult to say whether it's tactic or whether it's them being donkeys but I mention it because I didn't see this with the rigid control so much. (EDIT: Just re-read your OP and you mentioned this... sigh, missed that first time around - I'll man-mark wingers when playing stronger opposition from now on lol)

Fierro is scoring goals for fun as usual but the AMs are doing surprisingly well. I have one AM that I didn't intend to play regularly but had to through injury and he's got 16 assists and 10 goals at mid way despite being a 3 star CA, 5 star PA. The change for Treq to AP helps a lot with rotation - thx for that!

At the start of the season the whole attack would run brainlessly into a wall of defenders and play pinball - it was very, very messy but I've stuck to the tactic and now that all the players have settled in to the new tactic, it's all a lot prettier, albeit mostly against weaker opposition.

AM and Striker passing is really excellent. Fierro is 2nd best passer in the league on my save at the moment. When all goes right - and I've struggled a bit with team talks since the update - the team consistently knocks in 4 or 5 goals and is fairly tight at the back.

You asked for feedback last time as to whether to create a tactic to run alongside this and I thought not. I've changed my mind now :) Out of nowhere, a coach started whining at me for only having one tactic prepared, so I prepared the rigid control to shut him up but never really use it. How about a partner tactic that sets wing backs to man mark and sets AMs to IFs with overlapping wing backs -theory being, when through balls aren't going to cut it because the opposition has shut-up shop, then IFs run at defence, pull the defenders away to make room for the AP to either spread wide to overlapping wing backs or pass through to striker.

This is still by far my favourite tactic. I maintain that what makes this tactic so good is the ease of rotation. What's always annoyed me about this game is having to have, let's say, one MR and then find he gets injured or having 2 MRs and then have the backup whine all season about not playing first time football and upsetting the rest of the team. With this tactic, I just stock up on CMs and AMCs and I'm set for the rest of the season.

excellent feedback! thank you!

after playing a few games yesterday, i've started to develop not one, but two more versions of this tactic! trying to create a set of sorts. One of them being the Counter version, aimed at playing the top 6 teams in the PL, or top league teams of other countries. I want it to be really tight at the back and deadly on the counter, employing direct play and fast tempo. Just havent figured out the right balance between a deeper d-line and closing down, it has to be just right so we dont concede too much pressure in our own half, otherwise, we'll never be able to break out of it. i also havent made up my mind if i will use two DMF's instead of CM's here, exactly because of what you mentioned, not all CM's can play DMF, so it might not fit all squads.

The second one is a high pressing/man marking version of the current balanced control with a very high d-line, although i am thinking of making this one fluid instead of balanced. After playing a few games yesterday, i found that sometimes against weaker opposition, even though we won the matches, we gave away needless space and time on the ball to the opposition. the idea of this tacic is to choke them into giving away the ball early and give them no space whatsoever. this is very tireing for players, so the idea is to use this in the first half, to go 2 or 3 goals up, and then swith to the control based tactic, to play posession based and hold on to the lead, while still exploiting possible openings up front. Your suggestion of setting the AM's to IF's and giving more freedom to the wing-backs is a good idea and can probably be employed in this high pressing version. my only fear is that having the two AM's cut inside might cluster up the middle too much and make them "step on the feet" of the AP. but maybe i can set him to move into channels if that happens, so he can further support the WB's. but that will certainly generate more presence in the area for WB crossing, good alternative to when through balls arent getting into the striker. cheers!

you mentioned your the whole attack would act a little brainless at first, did you reduce their direct passing of the AM's and poacher? if not, bring it down to the first notch of direct. I had given them that setting because of the lack of key passes before the patch, after the patch, leaving it at that setting will make your forwards act brainlessly! in relation to making a tactic with pre-set man marking. i tried that, but i found that they would sometimes mark the wrong player, and the WB would leave the winger open for crosses at the far post, just like you mentioned. so i think that manually marking them is more effective.

thanks again for the great feedback! hopefully i'll have time tonight to develop these ideas further and maybe post the new versions over the weekend. if you have any other suggestions, please let me know!

I spend 10 games and comeback to give some weakness (I guess)

I don't know if i'm the only one but it's happen that if you play against the team that packed their midfield up. like 4-5-1 3-5-2(no wb just 5 midfield) my team really struggle.

other than that everything work great I'm 11 game without defeat now and my ST score like crazy

thanks again

will comeback later cheers' mate

thanks for the feedback mate! im currently developing another version of the tactic to employ exactly in those situations, read the post above and let me know if you think that might solve your issue. if you have any other suggestion too please let me know. by the way, what team are you playing with and how are you doing in the league?

cheers!

after playing a few games yesterday, i've started to develop not one, but two more versions of this tactic! trying to create a set of sorts.

Nice, looking forward to that. I feel like the days of using one tactic all season are long gone and that sets must be the right way to go. Really looking forward to having a set!

One of them being the Counter version, aimed at playing the top 6 teams in the PL, or top league teams of other countries. I want it to be really tight at the back and deadly on the counter, employing direct play and fast tempo. Just havent figured out the right balance between a deeper d-line and closing down, it has to be just right so we dont concede too much pressure in our own half, otherwise, we'll never be able to break out of it. i also havent made up my mind if i will use two DMF's instead of CM's here, exactly because of what you mentioned, not all CM's can play DMF, so it might not fit all squads.

I think a variant of Zeman's Solid and Spectacular could work well here, both in terms of rotation and variation. The 2 AMs could move wider and the AMC is replaced by a DMF. I appreciate that there won't be many AMCs that can play DMF also but I don't think it's the end of the world to rotate the squad around this / change at half-time. Either way, I think this is definitely needed, so looking forward to what you come up with here.

The second one is a high pressing/man marking version of the current balanced control with a very high d-line, although i am thinking of making this one fluid instead of balanced. After playing a few games yesterday, i found that sometimes against weaker opposition, even though we won the matches, we gave away needless space and time on the ball to the opposition. the idea of this tacic is to choke them into giving away the ball early and give them no space whatsoever. this is very tireing for players, so the idea is to use this in the first half, to go 2 or 3 goals up, and then swith to the control based tactic, to play posession based and hold on to the lead, while still exploiting possible openings up front. Your suggestion of setting the AM's to IF's and giving more freedom to the wing-backs is a good idea and can probably be employed in this high pressing version. my only fear is that having the two AM's cut inside might cluster up the middle too much and make them "step on the feet" of the AP. but maybe i can set him to move into channels if that happens, so he can further support the WB's. but that will certainly generate more presence in the area for WB crossing, good alternative to when through balls arent getting into the striker. cheers!

Sounds good. I definitely agree that making this one fluid will help with different phases of play.

you mentioned your the whole attack would act a little brainless at first, did you reduce their direct passing of the AM's and poacher? if not, bring it down to the first notch of direct. I had given them that setting because of the lack of key passes before the patch, after the patch, leaving it at that setting will make your forwards act brainlessly!

Done now, thanks

Nice, looking forward to that. I feel like the days of using one tactic all season are long gone and that sets must be the right way to go. Really looking forward to having a set!

I think a variant of Zeman's Solid and Spectacular could work well here, both in terms of rotation and variation. The 2 AMs could move wider and the AMC is replaced by a DMF. I appreciate that there won't be many AMCs that can play DMF also but I don't think it's the end of the world to rotate the squad around this / change at half-time. Either way, I think this is definitely needed, so looking forward to what you come up with here.

yeah, i believe sets are definately the way to go too! the one tactic "plug and play" era is over. squads and tactics need to be dynamic and flexible to cope with different opponents and approaches. The game puts a lot of emphasis on this and other details such as player morale and team talks this year. So we need to use it to our advantage instead of let it get the better of us.

in relation to the counter tactic, i think you're right too. but before i make that big a change i want to try something that well, worked in my head, but im not sure if it will work on the pitch lol set the wide play of the AM's to hug touchline, with the playmaker and poacher moving into channels and set the "focus passing" to wings and a lot of roaming from position. if this works the way i've imagened it, it would create a very interesting counter-attack dynamic, which could put off the opposing defenders, due to all the players being in central positions, however all focusing on wide play. need to test it out! might also drop the playmaker to an MC position to come deeper and get the ball to feed to the forward players, but that would always be something that i'd only do if it complemented the main idea that i explained.

thanks again for the feedback mate!

Just tried balanced tactic with Cardiff, beating Ipswich 2-0 which was only my 3rd clean sheet in 21 games! Looking good so far.

Hey, thanks for the tactic.

Bit of a shaky start for the Villa, got demolished by City at home (using the control strat, forgot to change to counter) and lost to swans and Chelsea.

However since then 2 wins, great football. Just one question really, I was beating Sheff Weds away 4-1 then went down to 10 men on 50mins, I didn't really know WHO to take out, because usually with these tactics you have to take a certain player out to keep the shape. I decided to take one of the AMC's off and go to the counter strat and was lucky to win 4-3. So for future reference what should I do in that situation?

Also against the BIG teams at home, citys united arsenal chelsea, do you suggest going to the counter strat, with fast tempo and low def line or stick with control? Thanks!

I know you're probably asking Veez but I have the same problem with the big teams and I'm finding that slow tempo, possession based football works well. I've also started using a 4-6-0 against those teams, which works well to frustrate them for the first half, a rousing team talk and a tactic switch usually does the trick.

good morning!

sorry, had a hectic weekend and wasn't able to do even a tenth of the testing i wanted to. also have a lot to do this week so i don't know when i'll be able to build on what i've started here, and post some new versions of the tactic for the new patch. i will be here all week though during work hours though if anyone has any questions or anything like that. i've actually tried to install the game on my work computer, but the IT guys here at my company seem to be way ahead of me lol. that would've been sweet!! coz realistically, it would probably be the only time i'd have to play all day.

as soon as i can i'll get to testing and post something up. i've also got some ideas for a 3 striker tactic that i think might work out very well.

from the little testing i did do, i think i found the base for the counter tactic i wanted. its a 4-1-3-2. Defensive back four, 1 anchor man (def), two BBM with a DLP in between them who is the playmaker (all on support), A deep lying forward on support and a pocher. This is to be used as rigid and counter, normal d-line, counter-attack, no offside traps, default closing down with target man, run onto ball as the poacher. I did a friendly against man city in my pre-season and played the community shield against united with this tatic and won both. this uses default passing. players up front have short passing, so they dont give away posession, as well as the CB's and anchorman.

This is to be used with the balanced control. for harder away games, very hard home games or defending a lead on the counter.

I've also tried a very high pressing fluid and attacking verion of the balanced control. won the euro supercup with it against porto, ut i think it still needs some work. if anyone wants to know more info about this one, let me know and i can explain it for you so you can test it out.

thats all i managed to do, i expected to be posting these finished tactics up today, so im very dissappointed to say the least.

happy gaming!

Hey, thanks for the tactic.

Bit of a shaky start for the Villa, got demolished by City at home (using the control strat, forgot to change to counter) and lost to swans and Chelsea.

However since then 2 wins, great football. Just one question really, I was beating Sheff Weds away 4-1 then went down to 10 men on 50mins, I didn't really know WHO to take out, because usually with these tactics you have to take a certain player out to keep the shape. I decided to take one of the AMC's off and go to the counter strat and was lucky to win 4-3. So for future reference what should I do in that situation?

Also against the BIG teams at home, citys united arsenal chelsea, do you suggest going to the counter strat, with fast tempo and low def line or stick with control? Thanks!

hey mate! sorry for taking this long to get back to you. how is your save doing? against the big teams change to counter, although i've had mixed results with asking the team to play at a higher tempo. i find that by using short passing with the players up to midfield, and mixed for my playmaker and full-backs, they will keep posession untill finding a good pass on the break. this seems to work against big teams, because playing a high tempo, although making for some good counter attacks, makes you lose the ball quicker most of the time, and simply lets the opposition have more time on the ball to hassle your defense. definately bring down the line a little bit and closing down (mostly of full backs) of you feel you're getting caught out too often. read my top post, seems to work for me against tough opposition.

about playing with ten men. it really depends if you're chasing a game or trying to hold onto a game. when chasing, if you're playing well, try to keep changes to a minimum and still have an offensive stance. so maybe, take out one of your CM's and drop the playmaker to his position, but without changing his settings. when you want to hold onto a game. drop one of the CM's to DM and one (or even two if you have a lot of pressure on you) of the AM's to CM position. much like the counter tactic i explained above, but without the DLF. if you find that the ball isnt getting to the poacher enough, change him to DLF support.

hope i've helped! if you have any more questions let me know, i'll be glad to help.

cheers

Back