442 - The beautiful game - Demolish and Conquer any team, any place.

Thanks for your comment, all feedback is welcome.

The tactic is, like many other tactics, not to be used when on holidays as the AI is quite stupid and will make your *** to get fired really quickly.
The tactic plays a open game in every match and that carries some risks, its an eye for an eye style of play. My guess is that there are problems at defense, so lower the defense line like mentioned in the reply above and play with wingers instead of Inside Forwards until you are confortable enough to say that you now have class players to use as IF.
Give it a spin like that and feel free to read all posts as they provide good tips on how to implement this tactic and have huge success with it. Any questions please let me know, I will reply as soons as possible.

Thanks for a reply, man. I know it is completely different situation when I manage team myself and when assistant do it, but I just wanted to try it. Anyway, you're right, it can be problems at defence, because my central defenders are not so much fast. Mongongu's pace and acceleration are, in a row, 12 and 15; and Demichelise's are 12 and 12. I'll try to put the defensive line more deep, maybe it'll really help.

But in case of my wingers, I think they are able to play as inside forwards. Nominally on these positions play Santi Cazorla (right) and Diego Buonanotte/Gio Dos Santos.

Here's my squad:
Code:
http://i51.tinypic.com/dxfds0.png

Thanks again for these advices, I'll read the whole topic and I hope I'll find some good tips.

I´m starting a new save with Sunderland and the new transfer update. No new players will come in for two seasons, the 1st season will be with defense line as it is and the second will be with a deeper one. I will let you know how it goes.

Alright, nice experiment, I'll be waiting for any informations from you.

Thanks for the reply, I've dropped the defensive line this season as you mentioned and after 26 games I'm currently top of the league (finished 7th last season) Scoring 50 and conceded 34. I've notice the defence has improved, will be on the lookout for some quicker players on the backline in the summer. I'm using inside forwards as I have Scott Sinclair and Elliott Bennett and they tear the opposition to shreds in the championship.

One more question man - how much I should back the defensive line? To normal or deeper? And should I shut off the offside trap too?

Deep as in One click bellow normal. The offise trap issue is a good question, some people report better results with it off but again, I strongly would make the decision based on your analysis of your defenders. Can´t decide that for you, sorry.

STR if I am not mistaken, put him in position where it says "move into channels".

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Btw, tomorrow I will update the tactic. Better defense and better midfield. Not changing the front as they are the heart and sould of the setup.

did 3 seasons with porto walked the league every year
never won champions league :( furthest i got was semi final which i lost to man utd
at the end of the third season was offered man utd job and accepted!
interested to see if it works as well in english premier league

Too many fast strikers will eat your defense alive if they are slow paced :)

---------- Post added 25/08/2011 at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was 22/08/2011 at 10:20 PM ----------

Tactic has been updated, better defense and even more goals. Enjoy

Man, this new tactic is so much better! I started with Malaga from the beginning and I've won the first 3 matches (2-1, 2-1, 4-1). My team has a lot of chances to score a goal, but the only problem is that my players waste lots of them. Thanks man!

Last edited:
Too many fast strikers will eat your defense alive if they are slow paced :)

---------- Post added 25/08/2011 at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was 22/08/2011 at 10:20 PM ----------

Tactic has been updated, better defense and even more goals. Enjoy

shoudl i use OI or touchline ?

I leave the AM to do the OI and the touchline shouts, I saw improvement when using " work ball into box".

Hi darkatdawn i really enjoyed using this tactic but in my opinion with my peterborough team caseys 4-4-2 worked better after yours started to dip in form for me.But as i stated i loved the way yours played and some of the goals i scored so i would like to try your new version,is it just the link in the op to get the new version or is there another one for it i am missing

Hi darkatdawn i really enjoyed using this tactic but in my opinion with my peterborough team caseys 4-4-2 worked better after yours started to dip in form for me.But as i stated i loved the way yours played and some of the goals i scored so i would like to try your new version,is it just the link in the op to get the new version or is there another one for it i am missing

Casey is a Master, I´m not yet a Jedi :D

You can download the new version in the 1st page, good luck :p

hi darkatdawn,

i'm trying you tac, and it looks very good atm. i would like to discuss some details with you.
vs computer it's very good, in 20 friendly matches i lostjust 1-2 and tie maybe 1

my interest is much more in player vs. player

atm my team is:

Neuer
adriano (barcelona)
miranda
marco antonio palacios
ekotto
messi
keità seydou
gattuso
bale
bruno cesar zanaki (now benfica)
mamadou niang

well i m trying to buy faster ST, meanwhile that's the food :)

So i changed few things: defensive line deep (one less normal) cause CBs arent so fast (palacios acc 8 peace 14/ miranda 14-15)
no long shots for wings
no cross Wr (messi)
sometimes cross for bale Wl

what i saw: my WBs are often out of position, as u warned, CBs gone pretty well, MCs dont move very good cause often go togheter on the same man leaving spaces and free opponents. all things manageble at this point
STr (bruno cesar, with switch position with STl) do very very well, but my real problem is how to make Bale doin better then this
cause he's often out of play, dont score so much, pretty useless defence and attack, cut in the middle doesnt seems the way

what do you think about Bale in your tac? better sell him for a great ST or just change settings for him?

tnx for your help

Watch Buddy i think this tacitc is good BUT can be better you need to start whit some lower team and then you need to fix defensive i think insides fowards shoot a loot i think they need to look to assist to some one.