5-3-2, PLAYED 16, WON 16, SCORED 57 CONCEDED 1, 2 STRIKERS SCORING!!!

this was my favourite tac, been using V1, V2 and V3.....after 6 promotions, it seems to be not working for me in the premier league anymore....

If ppl starts saying it works for 18.3 again....maybe I start testing again.

this was my favourite tac, been using V1, V2 and V3.....after 6 promotions, it seems to be not working for me in the premier league anymore....

works for me

Finished the 1st season with Rangers. Only lost once. To celtic away. Morelos, cummings, windass and herrera scored for fun. In the summer now. Signed sam johnstone, regan poole and demetri mitchell on frees. Bought nick powell for 800k and donald love for 200k. Got james wilson on loan. Got absolutely no money but enjoying having players i like. O i bought will keane in jan, he bagged about 15 in 10 aswell

I won the domestic treble. Forgot to mention. Need to qualify fir champions league group stages to get some more money now

But u are using the best if not 2nd best team in a 2 teams league....i mean thank you for sharing, but the usage would convince more ppl if you were using Hearts or some other much weaker teams to win the league.....

Finished the 1st season with Rangers. Only lost once. To celtic away. Morelos, cummings, windass and herrera scored for fun. In the summer now. Signed sam johnstone, regan poole and demetri mitchell on frees. Bought nick powell for 800k and donald love for 200k. Got james wilson on loan. Got absolutely no money but enjoying having players i like. O i bought will keane in jan, he bagged about 15 in 10 aswell

try my tweak of it being discussed in tweak centre. results have been ridiculous (H)

Respect the origin, perhaps you can put the tac here to share, rather than scolling through another page, knowing that it is from here originally.
But at least u didn't change its name and saying you developed your own tac!!! Well done and fair play!

try my tweak of it being discussed in tweak centre. results have been ridiculous (H)

But u are using the best if not 2nd best team in a 2 teams league....i mean thank you for sharing, but the usage would convince more ppl if you were using Hearts or some other much weaker teams to win the league.....

Im not trying to convince anyone of anything. If u look back to my first post about rangers i say why ive started the league. I dont go out to try and do the outrageous and take a tiny team to the top. I do a league with a team i like for whatever reason and sign the players that i like. Just so happens that this is the best tactic ive found so i keep people up to date with how im doing

Actually Celtic are so superior winning a treble with Rangers is an achievement. I've seen several long term saves/stories on this site were Celtic have easily one 10+ titles in a row

Started my 2nd season with rangers. Signed nick powell, jack harper, ryan gauld (loan) james wilson (loan). Qualified for champs league group stages. Drawn in same group as real madrid, psg and someone else? Won first game as the other team easily. 2nd game i lost 4-3 away to madrid. Top of the spl undefeated and have already beat celtic once. So far so good

For anyone that says this tactic isnt working. Please try the following little tweak:

Change CM (Supp) to CM (Def)

Change CM (Att) to CM (Supp)

The tactic is so much more defensively solid like this. The cover the 2 midfielders provide is essential.

I was really struggling to get results with this tactic until this tweak. I would score loads but always concede more. I hope this works for you all!

Quick 18.3.0 patch update

Evening all.

I've not had much time in the last few weeks to play FM much. Checked this thread every few days and was rather gutted to see people appear to not have much luck with this tactic anymore.

I thought I'd give it a go myself, couldn't pick who to go from Barcelona/Liverpool.....so I went both!!! I do really like both clubs so just to test the tactic I added both managers. Granted it's not exactly "challenging" with Barca...but the attached show it's still been working for me! Exact same tactic as in OP.

Anyway, hoping to find more time to carry on playing but in the meantime hope it's still working for others as it has been a success so far!

Its still working for me. In my 3rd season with rangers. 1st season won domestic treble. 2nd season won domestic double and got through group stages of champs league to get knocked out by leverkusen. 3rd season so far won betfred cup, will easily win the league again and hopefully get the cup. Qualified from my champs league group despite being in same group as man city real madrid and leverkusen. Got porto in the jext round

For anyone that says this tactic isnt working. Please try the following little tweak:

Change CM (Supp) to CM (Def)

Change CM (Att) to CM (Supp)

The tactic is so much more defensively solid like this. The cover the 2 midfielders provide is essential.

I was really struggling to get results with this tactic until this tweak. I would score loads but always concede more. I hope this works for you all!
I have been trying this and had mixed results, it works to concede less goals but also makes me score a lot less also. It seems for me the key to this tactic when you win is just annihilating the oppositions morale with lots of goals.

It never seems to be a tactic to retain a lead or to do well once you already go 1 goal down.

Which tactic have other people moved to with success, for those who have found this isn't working anymore? I have shaped my team around this tactic for years so it's going to be tough for me to go back to using an attacking midfielder or wingers.

Evening all.

I've not had much time in the last few weeks to play FM much. Checked this thread every few days and was rather gutted to see people appear to not have much luck with this tactic anymore.

I thought I'd give it a go myself, couldn't pick who to go from Barcelona/Liverpool.....so I went both!!! I do really like both clubs so just to test the tactic I added both managers. Granted it's not exactly "challenging" with Barca...but the attached show it's still been working for me! Exact same tactic as in OP.

Anyway, hoping to find more time to carry on playing but in the meantime hope it's still working for others as it has been a success so far!

Finished the season on my joint Liverpool/Barcelona save. Strange situation, the two teams I managed met in the CL final! To me this tactic still works, the goals scored by strikers for both teams backs this up! Anyway, hope people are enjoying the game whether they're using this tactic or not :)

Last edited: