5230 Park The Bus with WBA to win the EPL. Solid Performance.

• Thread starter Thread starter LonWolf
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 552
  • Views Views 364K
Using this with Arsenal, should I go counter or leave as contain?

Bought Sule, Alli, Payet & Bazoer

Hello StefanCP,

I´m very curious if you have tried the 343 Strikerless by Jonathansmith (also in this forum).

I ask this because both these tactics interest me a lot and they are very similar in its shape, but not with instructions.

I think I will end by experimenting with both tactics since they both get praised a lot and I love the setup. I just have some doubts with this one since I will start a save with Man Utd and it seems funny to play contention football with such a strong team. The other tactic has a more standard philosophy.

Anyway, I´m really interested in your thoughts about this.

Cheers.

GLP
Similar to my thoughts too, I know I want a strikerless tactic, but not sure which one

This tactic is awesome, thanks very much TheDuke.

I have been, for the last 3 seasons, Manchester United. I know people will say this is an easy team to be with, but I completely reshaped the team so I had a huge amount of youngsters and home grown talent.

I messed about for the first season with different tactics but still won the league. Switched to this for pre-season in the 2nd and won the league, FA Cup and League Cup. I lost just once in the league, 2nd but last game when the league was already won. Third season I was undefeated in the league and won the FA Cup again. Best defensive record in the league for the last 2 years running as well as the best attack.

Fourth season I have now moved to Bayern and am implementing it there.

As I said, by far and away, the best tactic I have used for FM in the last 3 or 4 years, thanks so much.

This tactic is awesome, thanks very much TheDuke.

I have been, for the last 3 seasons, Manchester United. I know people will say this is an easy team to be with, but I completely reshaped the team so I had a huge amount of youngsters and home grown talent.

I messed about for the first season with different tactics but still won the league. Switched to this for pre-season in the 2nd and won the league, FA Cup and League Cup. I lost just once in the league, 2nd but last game when the league was already won. Third season I was undefeated in the league and won the FA Cup again. Best defensive record in the league for the last 2 years running as well as the best attack.

Fourth season I have now moved to Bayern and am implementing it there.

As I said, by far and away, the best tactic I have used for FM in the last 3 or 4 years, thanks so much.

Can you put up some screenshots of your man utd team cos i always play as man utd and it would be interesting to see another set up.

doing amazing as arsenal with the tactic in 1st post, with counter mentality

I'm having great results with Trump's Freedom version changed counterattack

View attachment 1096873
This is working unbelievably well for me too. It seems to really address the main problem with the original tactic - once you get a bit of success, or you play a team like Newcastle (big fish in a small pond), opponents put 11 men behind the ball and you really struggle to score - especially at home.

I found that, with the original tactic, my team would have 20+ shots every single game but they were nearly all long.

The Trump counterattack tactic on the other hand appears to encourage the AMCs to "walk the ball in" with short passes and involvement from the IWBs.

Will post screenshots at season end.

Training

Every other tactic, regarding training it is advised to rest players only the day after the match. I see that the OP advises to rest the day before and after. Are you guys following his indications or doing something else?

ffs

defence keep standing around letting in silly goals

Sule, Koscielny & Mustafi

As Arsenal, won the title by 5 points over Utd

Lost in the CL Semi Finals 4-3 to PSG :( Won the EFL cup and was knocked out the FA Cup by City

Not too shabby

once you get a bit of success, or you play a team like Newcastle (big fish in a small pond), opponents put 11 men behind the ball and you really struggle to score - especially at home.

This is the problem with literally every tactic on this forum, it's how FM 17 is set overall.
However, I've found the original tactic the best in this regard. Yes, you still sometimes spam long shots against parked buses, but it's far less than in any other tactic.

To test this, I took PSG because literally everyone parks the bus against you. Smashed everyone easily because the tactic is on Contain, which doesn't mean all out defence, but very patient approach. That's one of the biggest misconceptions around. For example, Defensive mentality doesn't mean just defending, it means attacking as normal, but with much more patience than on Control or Attacking, for example.

This is the problem with literally every tactic on this forum, it's how FM 17 is set overall.
However, I've found the original tactic the best in this regard. Yes, you still sometimes spam long shots against parked buses, but it's far less than in any other tactic.

To test this, I took PSG because literally everyone parks the bus against you. Smashed everyone easily because the tactic is on Contain, which doesn't mean all out defence, but very patient approach. That's one of the biggest misconceptions around. For example, Defensive mentality doesn't mean just defending, it means attacking as normal, but with much more patience than on Control or Attacking, for example.
I totally agree with you - it's not a fault of the tactic. This is the most frustrating game engine of all of the FMs so far in my opinion. I also agree that the "Contain" approach does indeed help.
However, it still doesn't fix things for me. SO many spammed long-range shots. I don't know if it's because my players just lack the quality (people park the bus against Newcastle and PSG... but PSG have significantly greater quality/creativity than Newcastle).
My results this season have actually been awful but I know it's not the tactic. I made too many new signings in the January transfer window (hadn't even drawn a game until then) and got rid of too many players - totally destroyed my team harmony, plus Matt Ritchie made half my squad unhappy because I didn't buy new players (I don't need them ffs, I'm top of the table!).
I think this tactic will be absolutely mega going into Prem though so I'm going to crack on.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity does FM 17 have goal line technology in premiership ?

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

Lashley, have you tried the following version, same as the original but just with "an improved" set pieces routine?

link in page 10 of this thread.

here u go - i put into the tactic all the best set pieces from all mrl tests, included: att/def corners, att/def free kicks and throwins.

yeah mate using it atm

Then, if you don´t mind I ask, in case you also used the original version, which one do you advice? Do you see any improvments on the set pieces routine or does the original one works the same?

seems to work the same if im being honest
Then, if you don´t mind I ask, in case you also used the original version, which one do you advice? Do you see any improvments on the set pieces routine or does the original one works the same?

Back