5230 Park The Bus with WBA to win the EPL. Solid Performance.

• Thread starter Thread starter LonWolf
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 552
  • Views Views 364K
Hello playing this on iPad touch. Can someone point me where to find the set piece instructions or screenshot them.

Thank you, great tactic!!

Very interested in trying this out. I've always struggled with strikerless formations. In terms of squad building are there any specific recommended attributes you need or just follow those in game?

Having great success with my own little tweaks, changed mentality to attacking and its working a treat

works better with this training

View attachment 108172

opposition instructions

View attachment 108171

* note thats the OI"s are for every position not just the ones shown! every game should have all the positions marked !

Also tactic works better with a left footed AMCL, and a right footed AMCR

AlQaedaSVBtweak_78B039EA-ABCB-4CC2-B208-B0CAB0C37006

follow the instructions and it should work great home and away

Having great success with my own little tweaks, changed mentality to attacking and its working a treat

View attachment 1100305

opposition instructions

View attachment 1100306

* note thats the OI"s are for every position not just the ones shown! every game should have all the positions marked !

Interesting,anyscreensofresults?

Interesting,anyscreensofresults?

Not much time to upload at the moment but will try later ! Hammered Chelsea 6-1 on opening day of season ?????? First game with stoke after leaving blackburn ! Give it ago and let us know how it goes

Second update on my experiences with this tactic playing as IFK Goteborg - Im not good with screenshots so ill try to put as much info as possible here

First Season
League : Champions
Cup : Champions
Europa League: Quarter Final

Second Season

League : Champions
Cup: Champions
Champions League : Quarter Finals

Third Season
League: Champions ( Unbeaten all season )
Cup: Quarter Final ( The board said the competiton wasnt important so I played a side almost entirely of youth players)
Champions League : Out in Group stages, in the Europa League got to Quater Final

If youre thinking that the European progress isnt that impressive then you have to consider that stature of domestic Swedish football, making it through the qualifying rounds is an achievement!

The club now has by far the best training and youth facilities in the country, have invested almost all of the European money into club facilities. The club reputation has risen by about 50 places, and the league reputation is up to 14th in the world from being in the 30's . At the start of the game the league only had 3 European qualification places, due to me progressing so far the league now has five.

The one slightly annoying thing which maybe someone can advise me with is some games I end up drawing when i absolutely dominate possesion and have 20/30 shots yet the game ends 0-0 or 1-1, Other than that a great tactic, I have a few "bigger" clubs in mind that I would love to try this with!

I have been using the original version

The one slightly annoying thing which maybe someone can advise me with is some games I end up drawing when i absolutely dominate possesion and have 20/30 shots yet the game ends 0-0 or 1-1

I wouldn't worry because that is the problem of literally every tactic you can find on this forum.
What's good about the tactic is that better teams don't just destroy you, you do have a fighting chance even against much better opposition.

HAha, brilliant. Have a network game with a friend who has destroyed me for the last 4 years, winning everything pretty much (using Date442! 2017). Uploaded this tactic and used it for the first time ever away to my friend. Won 1-0! So happy, I might finally be able to challenge him using 523 Janagab at home and this tactic for hard away games! Love it

This is by far the best tactic I have tried in FM 17. Won the league, FA cup and League cup with West Ham, finalist in Champions league (4th season).

Which is the most recent tactic uploaded for most recent patch? The one in the OP or the post just below it with set pieces added?
Always avoided this thread for some reason but looking forward to trying it out this weekend

I have a favour to ask.

Can anyone upload the "5230 with updated set pieces" (2nd post of the thread) as a .tac file?
Go to manage tactics and use the export option to save it as .tac.

It'd be much appreciated. :)

View attachment 1100305

opposition instructions

View attachment 1100306

I will update...

View attachment 107631

Can you upload the tactic with the Set peices in it please ??
The original tactic (with added MR L set pieces) works the best. It boggles my mind why people feel the need to tweak it.
It doesn't matter if you play lower league and can't find SS suitable players, just stick pacey strikers there and off you go.
People overcomplicate things way too much.

Can I just ask a question, probably has been answered already, but seeing as this tactic uses no strikers, is it better to put natural AMC's into the positions, or retrained strikers?

look for players with high finishing, vision, teamwork and passing, at least this is what am doing and it's working amazingly ;). lots of goals and assists between all my 3 SS's ;). so to answer ur question i would say that u need to looking for players between strikers and AM's. a bit of this and a bit of this attributes is the perfect balance to make this tactic works even better.

Back