5230 Park The Bus with WBA to win the EPL. Solid Performance.

Anyone know what to do when you have put steam in offline mode , but the game refuses to start because it knows a update is waiting ? (says something like game cannot be started because it has no internet access)

Restart your pc and if u have started the update you will have to let it finish before the game starts again I guess

Steam Changes - it says:

GAMEPLAY
----------------------------------------------
- Fixed issue in Austrian leagues which prevented staff in certain roles from being appointed
- Adjusted German players willingness to move clubs
- Fixed issue where players asked to be removed from the transfer list, but were not
- Adjusted payments received for players they had offered out on loan
- Adjusted likelihood of user in charge of an international team being offered club role
- Fixed rare examples of players complaining about being left out of continental squads for rounds they are unavailable for
- Fixed incorrect strings on promise panel related to different context promises to accept bids for players
- Fixed rare contradictory inbox items regarding promises not being met
- Added unhappiness reason to list of players supporting/against a manager in group unhappiness meetings
- Fixed rare example of a player not becoming happy again after playing more following a first team football unhappiness
- Improved AI squad building in salary cap leagues
- Fixed issue where user couldn't postpone game due to large number of international call ups in MLS
- Fixed hotseat issue where holidaying one manager past a match, also continued the other manager past their match
- Fixed issue where user cannot add players/confirm squad for national U23s
- Fixed issue where user is incorrectly asked about facing newly appointed manager
- Fixed various issues with records
- Fixed derby question appearing for non-derbies
- Fixed various odds issues
- Adjusted effect of training intensity on injuries
- Fixed examples of league enforced stadium upgrades going wrong
- Improved Tottenham’s attendances when switching grounds

MATCH AI (v1703)
----------------------------------------------
- Improved implementation of Inverted Wing Back role
- Fixed shots which were also free kicks not displaying as Set Pieces on chalkboard
- Fixed rare case of match getting stuck after ball is thrown out of play
- Fixed example of a player clearing rather than throwing
- Improved mentality of teams down to 10 players
- Fixed issue where injured players from AI teams sometimes don't get substituted when injured during a goal
- Fixed ball going through ad-hoardings
- Fixed issue with the match incident thinking the pen shootout goal was own goal
- Fixed rare issue with player being treated on side line being used for offside decisions
- Fixed inability to alter closing down setting for certain role/duty combinations
- Improved instance of referee and carded player not facing each other
- Fixed rare instance of dribbling past opponent commentary being used inappropriately
- Fixed instances of player incorrectly being considered to have made a mistake
- Fixed rare instance of inappropriate commentary for a free kick
- Fixed instances of player being considered to have performed a dribble too soon after controlling the ball
- Fixed instance where we would skip to dead time before a red card occurred
- Fixed ghost goal example
- Fixed deflections not being accounted for properly
- Fixed keeper handling and judgement bugs
- Improved outfield player judgement of ball AI
- Made keeper use strongest side for throw outs where possible
- Fixed a handball mistake/chalkboard event being assigned to a goalkeeper who was inside their own area
- Improved distance a player can be offside for a disallowed goal to be deemed "controversial"
- Fixed keeper bug where he could deflect it in same slice as save causing own goal
- Fixed subs being subbed off too early in case of a red card
- Improved instances where Key Passes were not recorded
- Fixed issue with assistant manager not following user's instructions when user holidays match and ticks use formation + use current team when possible

this changes which u quoted were posted at 15th of december 2016 buddy.

amazing tactic but i seem to be getting a lot of pens conceded when the opponent takes a corner, any help??

Superb tactic. Just won the TIM Cup with my Parma side + your tactic gave us a clear run through the league with only 1 unlucky loss in that time. It also lead the side into the UCL Final where I will also employ this cups beast against Inter.

View attachment 1101854View attachment 1101855View attachment 1101856View attachment 1101857View attachment 1101858View attachment 1101860

Your tactic also gave out a funny bonus :p
View attachment 1101861

----------------------------------------------------------

Not been able to win the final tho despite being the better team :(
View attachment 1101862

What skin is that mate?

Love this tactic. I use the original CONTAIN in one slot, the original tweaked to COUNTER in another and SVB's tweak to ATTACK in the third.

The quick combinations and counter-attacks are so good to watch, so thanks to Duke and SVB.

Have you (Duke, SVB or anyone really) any recommendations for player traits?

Love this tactic. I use the original CONTAIN in one slot, the original tweaked to COUNTER in another and SVB's tweak to ATTACK in the third.

The quick combinations and counter-attacks are so good to watch, so thanks to Duke and SVB.

i was using this guide for traits, would say it's working pretty good :).
http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/players/player-preferred-moves

Can you share these files or point me in the direction on this thread please?

I just wanted to say, thank you and well done to The Duke.

I have been playing as HSV and into my 6th season now. Since the 3rd season I changed to the same formation as the OP and whilst the defence was solid, I couldn't get the WB production right, which meant we struggled to score. As I started my 6th season with an encouraging 9-0 cup win with the reserves I thought some minor postseason tinkerings had done the trick.

1-1, 0-1, 0-2 followed. ergh.

In an attempt to stop the sinking ship I finally (have looked at this thread many times, but never downloaded) took the plunge and downloaded the tactic.

3-2 (90+2 winner (A)), 3-0 & 4-0 followed.

Having been using the same shape, but vastly different T.I. and P.I.s it was far from fluid, but results a side, the general play is fairly similar except those IWBs. IMO, and based on my own "5230" tactic they make the difference. Previously with my WBs on attack they'd appear to be more involved, but general play would suffer, and we'd go very long 30-40 min spells without highlights or anything of value, on support they'd be scared to beat the FB and would make the play too funnelled too soon. The IWBs positioning and movement, combined with the RPMs own positioning and movement really makes this tactic come alive. I hadn't used IWBs before, as I thought they basically became DMs, and sat protecting. boy was I wrong. In the 4-0 both my IWBs charged into the box and scored.

Again, thank you and well done.

Can you share these files or point me in the direction on this thread please?

The original CONTAIN is post 1 on this thread. The COUNTER is literally just changing the contain tactic to counter. And the SVB ATTACK tweak is a page or 2 back :)

Just want to say I love this tactic thanks for making it I used it with Leicester and Blackburn in championship no tweaks totally amazing. :)

I love the passing and the way it frustrates the other team it so good.

I've won 3 prems in a row with charlton and on course for a fourth. Great tactic. Yet to crack Europe though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing yourself struggle in European away games by any chance?

Keep in mind that teams that play in Europe are good trams especially in knockout stages .so sometimes when playing away from home contain mentality can bite u back .I use the same tactics but on counter .only changes to contain in last 20 min and I am getting great results .

Last edited:
Not particularly, I always seem to progress to the quarter/semis easy then throw it away, not mowing I'm sure it'll come good eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk