5230 Park The Bus with WBA to win the EPL. Solid Performance.

I'm starting my third year with Hartlepool.

First year I got promoted at second place with a mix of 5230 (Sky Bet League 2)

Second year I was doing really well with the original tactic of 5230 w/ away mentality. But somehow after being in the top 2 for the most part of season, the team somehow crashed in results towards the end and finished at 8th (Sky Bet League 1).

Third year I'm giving a try with your tweaks. Let's see how this goes.

Hope it will help you..GL!!!

Keep in mind that teams that play in Europe are good trams especially in knockout stages .so sometimes when playing away from home contain mentality can bite u back .I use the same tactics but on counter .only changes to contain in last 20 min and I am getting great results .

None of the tweaks is going that well for me so I have reverted back to the original tactic again.

Jessar (or anyone else) can you please elaborate why playing away with contain mentality can sometimes be problematic? From what I understood, contain is supposed to mean super defensive. Isn't it better to play cautious away? or is contain too cautious?

None of the tweaks is going that well for me so I have reverted back to the original tactic again.

Jessar (or anyone else) can you please elaborate why playing away with contain mentality can sometimes be problematic? From what I understood, contain is supposed to mean super defensive. Isn't it better to play cautious away? or is contain too cautious?

Contain in my mind is a good mentality for clubs that are in fight for relegation .it's too defensive for me .I use it in matches that I am winning in the last 20 min .I always use counter .it's a one stop shop for clubs that are big small and even in bottom 3 .it's have given me incredible results .

Contain in my mind is a good mentality for clubs that are in fight for relegation .it's too defensive for me .I use it in matches that I am winning in the last 20 min .I always use counter .it's a one stop shop for clubs that are big small and even in bottom 3 .it's have given me incredible results .

Thanks Jessar. One thing I noticed was despite the tactic being called Westbrom Park the bus, in reality opponents actually park the bus and I end up getting close to 60%-70% possession! Could have not believed I could do this with a 3 DC tactic before!

cacarel tactic. changed from contain to counter. better results in offence.

In my opinion, this tactic isn't getting the praise it deserves. It's easily the best tactic for this year's game. It'll get you a lot of clean sheets and good attacking prowess just aswell. In my save as Arsenal in 2022, I was predicted to finish 7th and ended up winning the Premier League with this tactic after having to play a decisive play-off against Man Utd to win the title (something that had never happened to me before).

This tactic is THE best for FM17 I totally agree.

This tactic is so underrated! Playing as Chelsea in my 4th season. I've used a different tactic every season:-

Frank's Destroyer - 2nd PL (conceded too many)
433 V4 - 2nd PL (again conceded too many and too many sending offs)
532 - Won the league but far from perfect
5320 Park the Bus - MENTAL STATS

Congratulations on creating this its ridiculous

This tactic is so underrated! Playing as Chelsea in my 4th season. I've used a different tactic every season:-

Frank's Destroyer - 2nd PL (conceded too many)
433 V4 - 2nd PL (again conceded too many and too many sending offs)
532 - Won the league but far from perfect
5320 Park the Bus - MENTAL STATS

Congratulations on creating this its ridiculous

Can I ask you which 532 did you use?