6-2-2-0 Counter: A Hypothesis (Work in Progress)

Hey Shyfty

As I said earlier in thread i'm testing this with Benfica in Portugal. Benfica doesn't really have the midfield that's needed to really make this tactic flourish so I had to do a lot of position training and also let my Director of Football take care of transfers in/out. I've tested for 14 games and in those games I went 6 Wins 5 draws 3 Losses 16GF 8GA. My biggest win was a 1-0 over PSG at home in CL. I also have Milan in my group and in my game at Italy I was up 2-0 at half before losing 3-2.

I then started thinking this stlye is almost like how Mourinho likes to play, give the opponent possession but don't let them do nothing with it. I would have games were opponent had 60% possession but 1 shot on target. I then started tinkering with the tactic to see how I could keep the same structure defensively but transform it into a 4-2-3-1 to bring some more offense into it.

I've only played 3 games with this so far but here are my results:

View attachment 317235

View attachment 317237

I know you're thinking well i played two crappy opponents. Although true the point is my team was much more offensive. We won the possession battle while still keeping the defensive structure. My next game was CL vs Milan this time in Lisbon. A real test! We dominated them!

View attachment 317236

Like I said...i know its a very small sample size but I think it looks promising.

If anyone want's to try it and see if they can make it work...you can download it here

Hey Shyfty

As I said earlier in thread i'm testing this with Benfica in Portugal. Benfica doesn't really have the midfield that's needed to really make this tactic flourish so I had to do a lot of position training and also let my Director of Football take care of transfers in/out. I've tested for 14 games and in those games I went 6 Wins 5 draws 3 Losses 16GF 8GA. My biggest win was a 1-0 over PSG at home in CL. I also have Milan in my group and in my game at Italy I was up 2-0 at half before losing 3-2.

I then started thinking this stlye is almost like how Mourinho likes to play, give the opponent possession but don't let them do nothing with it. I would have games were opponent had 60% possession but 1 shot on target. I then started tinkering with the tactic to see how I could keep the same structure defensively but transform it into a 4-2-3-1 to bring some more offense into it.

I've only played 3 games with this so far but here are my results:

I know you're thinking well i played two crappy opponents. Although true the point is my team was much more offensive. We won the possession battle while still keeping the defensive structure. My next game was CL vs Milan this time in Lisbon. A real test! We dominated them!

Like I said...i know its a very small sample size but I think it looks promising.

If anyone want's to try it and see if they can make it work...you can download it here

Hey Mantorras,

Glad to see you are having success with your version of this tactic and I really do appreciate the testing. However, taking the entire tactic and making it into a 4-2-3-1 goes a bit beyond tweaking. Once again, I really do appreciate all the help but I think we are moving a bit far away from the original now :)

hows my tweak working out?

i only implanted ur attacking set pieces.

can't say im scoring that much more.

i will leave it in for a while, maybe it needs some more time to get fluid.

I had some issues with the faster paced version. I was testing with Newcastle but it didn't seem that the passes were getting to the attackers. How is that going for you, Dinjesk?

whos your defenders?

VCRToby AlderweireldV (RC)Zeer Goed82%1517.23
-Joël VeltmanV (RC)Zeer Goed99%107.00
VVRRicardo van RhijnV (RC), VV (R)Zeer Goed73%1337.32
S2Daley BlindV (RLC), VV (L), VMZeer Goed95%5 (3)06.95
-BegNiklas MoisanderV (LC)Zeer Goed100%---
VCLBruno Martins IndiV (LC)Zeer Goed85%1407.00
-Stefano DenswilV (LC)Redelijk goed95%5 (4)06.58
-Nicolai BoilesenV (LC), VV (L)Goed96%---
S5DouglasV (C)Goed98%7 (1)07.20
-Daniele RuganiV (C)Goed100%107.50
-Fabian SporksledeV (C), VMUitstekend73%1106.75

I had some issues with the faster paced version. I was testing with Newcastle but it didn't seem that the passes were getting to the attackers. How is that going for you, Dinjesk?

mostly what i see is that my 2 cm's are drawing gaps for the wingbacks.

for me at the moment i am testing to get my wingbacks playing like wingers and give a cross ball to the far post so one of the two cm's or the other wingback can be there and score.

mostly what i see is that my 2 cm's are drawing gaps for the wingbacks.

for me at the moment i am testing to get my wingbacks playing like wingers and give a cross ball to the far post so one of the two cm's or the other wingback can be there and score.

Ok, looking forward to it :)

Last edited:
also still trying to convert it in to classic.

i feel u can tweak more in classic for u can move a slider by one click.

I think I know what you mean :) Currently testing Stuey's setting with WBA.

going to test with the new Fmbase challenge that way i can get the ideal players for each position

**** it's to much for the tactic
conceding more goals now. :(:'(

going back to basic (H) with some slight changes.

also want to try for the cm's in a different roll. i am going to set them both as dyn mid.

**** it's to much for the tactic
conceding more goals now. :(:'(

going back to basic (H) with some slight changes.

also want to try for the cm's in a different roll. i am going to set them both as dyn mid.

the CM's? I think they will be even more exhausted then they already are but I am all for trying it :)

I played half a season with parma now. like i say my team finding it hard to score my ap are Galloppa, ninis, Valdes and dudu on loan from keiv

I played half a season with parma now. like i say my team finding it hard to score my ap are Galloppa, ninis, Valdes and dudu on loan from keiv

can u put a screen of ur game sheet aswell?