6-2-2-0 Counter: A Hypothesis (Work in Progress)

Hey

respect for this tactic.

i am using it on a new game with ajax.

in 32 games incl champions league and the dutch cup i have 7 goals against.
i like that but i have to many games where i draw with 0-0.

any tips for that?

greetz dinjesk

Hey

respect for this tactic.

any tips for that?

greetz dinjesk
Im using it with ajax. show us your team please

Thanks you done any tweaks to it are you just converted to classic

i have been busy with tweaking yeah.

coverted it to classic and then made some changes for the team instr. haven't got a change in players instr.

View attachment 316921

played 4 games with it.

ajax-ac milan 1-1
vitesse-ajax 0-2
ac milan-ajax 1-2
groningen-ajax 1-0

Last edited:
Hey

respect for this tactic.

any tips for that?

greetz dinjesk

Thank you! It's good to hear from someone else who is getting some proper results for it. They way it is now however, is that the tactic basically leans on it defense first, resulting in 0-0's. The plan was to win leagues on defence which so for me it wasn't a huge issue but I can understand most people would like to be more offensive. Unfortunately I am still at the office so I can't give any proper advice without having the tactic in front of me. I'll have a proper look tomorrow and come back to you then.

Could you do me favour and post a screenshot of your leagueteable when you got only 7 goals against?

I appreciate the testing you do and am curious how you tweaked it :)

Last edited:
Could you do me favour and post a screenshot of your leagueteable when you got only 7 goals against?

View attachment 317021View attachment 317022

played a few more games.
got 1 goal extra against :(

I appreciate the testing you do and am curious how you tweaked it
smile.gif

i am working on a classic and modern tweak.
i think for scoring it is best to get as fast as posible to the other goal. bit like real madrid in real life.

View attachment 317021View attachment 317022

played a few more games.
got 1 goal extra against :(

i am working on a classic and modern tweak.
i think for scoring it is best to get as fast as posible to the other goal. bit like real madrid in real life.

Thanks! I am hating getting goals against me since you really stop expecting them when the tactic works like it's supposed to :) Was it from set pieces? I think I need to do a bit better at the defensive set-up there.

I also like the goal difference compared to the league. As said earlier, this is not a huge scoring tactic. It's about not getting goals against but i agree that speed is important to get those goals.

When I get back from work today I'll carry on testing it myself and see what we can do to get more goals. Maybe use it as a home and away tactic.

Thanks! I am hating getting goals against me since you really stop expecting them when the tactic works like it's supposed to :) Was it from set pieces? I think I need to do a bit better at the defensive set-up there.

I also like the goal difference compared to the league. As said earlier, this is not a huge scoring tactic. It's about not getting goals against but i agree that speed is important to get those goals.

When I get back from work today I'll carry on testing it myself and see what we can do to get more goals. Maybe use it as a home and away tactic.

I overlooked my games and yes most of the goals or comming from corners or free kicks.
wil take a look at the defense set pieces as well.

hey m8, ive tweaked your set pieces after seeing your set piece problems, ive tweaked both defensive and attacking, hopefully u will get more goals aswell as stopping them :)

View attachment 317025

just clicked on there, on the defending free kicks, change the wb's to man mark, forgot to take them off the posts, leaves gaps between the defence and them stood on the post giving attackers the space

awesome Stuey! thank you. I will test tonight.sorry for the late reply. I am work and sneakily cjecking this thread on my phone :)

upload it please

I appreciate the testing you do and am curious how you tweaked it
smile.gif

I finished my fist season

Winning the dutch league and winning the champions league
(with a bit of luck)

View attachment 317049View attachment 317050

View attachment 317052

I used my tweaked tactic from the game against ac milan.
so i dont havend play a lot of games with it.

The main objective for me was to score a little bit more so i don't end lot's of games in 0-0.
I havend changed a lot of the tactic but i wanted to try to get to the other goal faster (R madrid like)
So i have set the passing more directly and a bit faster.
rest of the tactic is the same.

before the game of man city i took a loot at the defense set piece.
also made some changes here.

Modern tweak:
View attachment 317051

here are some screens of the tactic:

View attachment 317053View attachment 317054View attachment 317055View attachment 317056View attachment 317057View attachment 317058View attachment 317059View attachment 317060View attachment 317061View attachment 317062View attachment 317063View attachment 317064View attachment 317065View attachment 317066View attachment 317067

i havend got any further with the classic one. stil a bit messy i think.
Classic tweak:
View attachment 317069

plz try it for ur selfs and leave some feadback

grtz DINJESK

Last edited:
congratulations on winning the league and the champions league! Beating ac Milan, Manchester City and Real Madrid with Ajax is impressive :).Thanks for the tweaks. I will test yours and StueyRob's over the weekend and hopefully we can stop this from being a work in progress :)

congratulations on winning the league and the champions league! Beating ac Milan, Manchester City and Real Madrid with Ajax is impressive :).Thanks for the tweaks. I will test yours and StueyRob's over the weekend and hopefully we can stop this from being a work in progress :)

All I've tweaked is set pieces maybe u can put both together and see how that works aswell?

All I've tweaked is set pieces maybe u can put both together and see how that works aswell?

Hey StueyRob. Once again sorry for the late reply. Work interfering with hobby :) I will see what the difference is between your and Dinjesk's set piece instructions is but will probably test the way you said first