6-2-2-0 Counter: A Hypothesis (Work in Progress)

Hey StueyRob. Once again sorry for the late reply. Work interfering with hobby :) I will see what the difference is between your and Dinjesk's set piece instructions is but will probably test the way you said first

yeah no problem m8, like i say u might like parts from mine n parts from his, but i think hes made other tweaks with the tactic aswell

another thing but im sure you'll already know, for the set pieces...especially corners it works best if u have left footers taking right side corner and right footers for left side corners, works pretty much same for free kicks aswell

Last edited:
yeah no problem m8, like i say u might like parts from mine n parts from his, but i think hes made other tweaks with the tactic aswell

Yes, he did. I will need to test those and your set-pieces. Just seeing which way is best to test them both. Perhaps I should just go with 2 teams thinking about it further now and test yours and his at the same time.

Yes, he did. I will need to test those and your set-pieces. Just seeing which way is best to test them both. Perhaps I should just go with 2 teams thinking about it further now and test yours and his at the same time.

Yeah could do, what ever is easiest I suppose? i updated my last post, not sure if u read it m8

Last edited:
I will see what the difference is between your and Dinjesk's set piece instructions is

The big difference is attacking set pieces. they are completely different.
the defending set pieces are mostly the same.

im testing stueyrob's attacking set pieces in my new tweak aswell.

also im testing higher passing speed.

will update soon...

Pure genius! this is a masterpiece of counter attacking football!

Yeah could do, what ever is easiest I suppose? i updated my last post, not sure if u read it m8

I did after you told me :) The original setpieces were set-up that way so that bit was taken care of. We just seemed to be a bit too vulnerable from set pieces which is why I am grateful for your tweaks :)

The big difference is attacking set pieces. they are completely different.
the defending set pieces are mostly the same.

im testing stueyrob's attacking set pieces in my new tweak aswell.

also im testing higher passing speed.

will update soon...

That is great. Thank you(again). I will start testing now.

Last edited:
Pure genius! this is a masterpiece of counter attacking football!

Wow. that is a nice compliment Thank you.

I would love to see some screenshots from your games that led you to typing this :)

can i just say that this tactic is amazing! I took over man city in the middle of the season because mancini got sacked, and the only competition i had a chance of winning was the CL. In the semi finals i had to go to Real Madrid so i used this tactic and i got a extremely valuable away win, they didnt even come close to goal. One thing i will say tho is try a quicker tempo. Btw i went on to win the CL :)

can i just say that this tactic is amazing! I took over man city in the middle of the season because mancini got sacked, and the only competition i had a chance of winning was the CL. In the semi finals i had to go to Real Madrid so i used this tactic and i got a extremely valuable away win, they didnt even come close to goal. One thing i will say tho is try a quicker tempo. Btw i went on to win the CL :)

Great stuff! Congratulations on the CL win and Thank you for the compliment!

If you go 1 down I'M finding it very hard to turn it around any advice hot to change this?

is their anything i could test for you?

I am currently testing the tweaks that StueyRob and Dinjesk made. Feel free to start a game with those or start a new season with the current tactic.

Dinjesk put in some new setpieces and is trying to get it a bit more direct as you suggested as well
StueyRob is the same tactic with new set pieces in order to score a bit more and hopefully even less against as it seems that the setpieces were the weak point.

Also if you could rate the thread by how you feel about it then please do so :)

Thank you for offering to help!

If you go 1 down I'M finding it very hard to turn it around any advice hot to change this?

I know. It's one thing I need to look at. It kinda goes against the tactic as it's intended to stop goals first. What I do sometimes is change a Wingback for a Winger since they have higher finishing. I hope the more direct approach we are testing now will help with this as well.

I know. It's one thing I need to look at. It kinda goes against the tactic as it's intended to stop goals first. What I do sometimes is change a Wingback for a Winger since they have higher finishing. I hope the more direct approach we are testing now will help with this as well.
What you mean by making it more direct?

Ok thanks for the suggestions will try. i did start a new 1 with parma, so not the best players for it but with ajax they had good players and easier to find better ones,

Ok thanks for the suggestions will try. i did start a new 1 with parma, so not the best players for it but with ajax they had good players and easier to find better ones,

No problem at all. Did you do okay with the Ajax save? The second save should hopefully be a bit easier now that you know how to play it and thanks for all the testing Cragswfc. I really appreciate it.

No problem at all. Did you do okay with the Ajax save? The second save should hopefully be a bit easier now that you know how to play it and thanks for all the testing Cragswfc. I really appreciate it.
Yes it went ok, but now i now what type of player to get will really help as i jumped in at deep end , as they say, just need january transfer window to come to of load some rubbish

Yes it went ok, but now i now what type of player to get will really help as i jumped in at deep end , as they say, just need january transfer window to come to of load some rubbish

Tried to send you a PM but your inbox is too full :)