6-2-2-0 Counter: A Hypothesis (Work in Progress)

and you have some oil money to spend;) also u can try and sell some for big money so u can buy others.

do you use the filters to search for players from Shyftyy

Yes i told him to make them :D

hope u find it ;)

What do you mean by AP A???

and what makes it matters less for the cm role?

Advanced Playmaker Attack :) I just think that it seems to be better to have a non CM who is good at the advanced playmaker role is better than a CM who is good at the position but not at the role.

Ok, now send all the negative commentary to me in a PM. Don't want people to get the wrong idea :p:p

(I hope it's clear this is not serious) :)

lol wasn't bad, had no buffon n played storari who produced one of the worst save attempts ive seed for the 1st goal, dived before the ball reached him! hamsik got the goal tho :)

lol wasn't bad, had no buffon n played storari who produced one of the worst save attempts ive seed for the 1st goal, dived before the ball reached him! hamsik got the goal tho :)

Typical italian soccer. Diving before you get hit :p

beat napoli 1-0 in super cup n drew 0-0 with milan away 1st league game

thye tactic title says counter, but its set to standard..any reason for this?

beat napoli 1-0 in super cup n drew 0-0 with milan away 1st league game

thye tactic title says counter, but its set to standard..any reason for this?

From the main post: Also, although it is a counter attacking formation, the strategy is set to standard which means that our possession goes up when the opponent is not interested in going forward at all as opposed to using the counter strategy and offcourse it's rigid to maintain it's defensive strength.

Might give it a go with counter actually. playing Man city with WBA anyway :)

EDIT:Countering was almost too defensive. Hardly crossed midfield with Counter Strategy. Switched back to standard after 10 minutes :)

Last edited:
im trying anything to attempt to create more offense while still keeping the basis of the formation the same. I'm trying moving one of the cm's to cam or even to ST in hopes of getting a better offense going. The defense is fantastic but you can't win games if you don't score.

Shyftyy what's your thought process on having both AP's only running with the ball sometimes instead of often?

im trying anything to attempt to create more offense while still keeping the basis of the formation the same. I'm trying moving one of the cm's to cam or even to ST in hopes of getting a better offense going. The defense is fantastic but you can't win games if you don't score.

Shyftyy what's your thought process on having both AP's only running with the ball sometimes instead of often?

Oh, that's from my Bristol City save where if set one of them to run often , he would always just run into 2 or 3 defenders somewhere and lose the ball. That might be something we can take a look at. Feel free to change those settings and test it out :)

Last edited:
Wow, too much going here!

Can anyone please tell me if the tactic in the OP is tweaked with anything or not?

Wow, too much going here!

Can anyone please tell me if the tactic in the OP is tweaked with anything or not?

That is still the original. I am working on a more attacking version as we speak. Looking decent so far.

Last edited:
hey m8,

what are you going to change?

Hey Dinjesk, Sorry for the late reply.

I am going to change the formation a bit. I realised that after the big testing tactic, the defense is fine but the offensive is too weak so I guess I have to sacrifice somethere there. I would like to stay true to the original as much as I can. Also some of the roles of players.