6-2-2-0 Counter: A Hypothesis (Work in Progress)

nice one m8

hope u can keep up the clean sheets. cause that's what it's all about in the first place

well so far so good, onlt conceded 3 goals in 18 games in the league so far,

currently beating palermo away 6-0 :)

signed jovetic in jan window

Oi m8 what is the formation u play in?

Still a bit of the same. Pushed the formation upfield. Took it off counter and changed some roles. Changed one of the Advanced Playmakers to Inside Forward at the AMC position.

Are you playing shiftyys first formation, or have you made any tweaks to it?? And when is the updated version out??

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the formation going to be? the first u said or the one with triangles?

The one with the sweeper is what i think the best since that man will, in theory, prevent those 1-2s that happen between the opponent strikers or AMCs that destroy your CBs line of defense.
At least for me this is where i leak more goals.

It's hard for the majority of the teams to accomplish this, but big teams like Chelsea, Arsenal and alike will do this very easily, with the must that i have both high defense line and low defense line, that is, i have my striker, wingers and 3 mids choking the defenders and mids from the opposite team, creating a lot of chances for me since they loose the ball or balloon it to my CBs, but i also have my 4 defenders just pressing in my own half of the pitch. A gap exists and im aware of it and i really don't mind, if i have a sweeper that can provide cover against those 1-2s.

Too much here?

Still a bit of the same. Pushed the formation upfield. Took it off counter and changed some roles. Changed one of the Advanced Playmakers to Inside Forward at the AMC position.

looking forward seeing it and his results

The one with the sweeper is what i think the best since that man will, in theory, prevent those 1-2s that happen between the opponent strikers or AMCs that destroy your CBs line of defense.

It's hard for the majority of the teams to accomplish this, but big teams like Chelsea, Arsenal and alike will do this very easily, with the must that i have both high defense line and low defense line, that is, i have my striker, wingers and 3 mids choking the defenders and mids from the opposite team, creating a lot of chances for me since they loose the ball or balloon it to my CBs, but i also have my 4 defenders just pressing in my own half of the pitch. A gap exists and im aware of it and i really don't mind, if i have a sweeper that can provide cover against those 1-2s.

Too much here?

hehe way to much, LOL

no man, i get the idea behind it.

wish u good luck!!!

Last edited:

i started mine off in a deep defensive line n then changed it to push up

also playing 1 click before wide

try the shout clear ball to flanks

thats all im using at the moment :)

Too much here?

As long as it's relevant, it's never too much :)

Seeing you guys talking about pushing the D-line higher. So, the idea is to move the parked bus up in the field like a block?

If so, can we use it to press the defenders?

Seeing you guys talking about pushing the D-line higher. So, the idea is to move the parked bus up in the field like a block?

If so, can we use it to press the defenders?

i only hav 2 or 3 players who are set to pressing whole pitch, rest are set to own half

As long as it's relevant, it's never too much :)

I got this idea from the Barca high pressure and it works. But and this is a big but, Barca don't play with a striker, so they have an extra man to do the pressure, getting always 2 mans against 1 :D.

So, combining my tactical idea with your tactic, i think a similar idea can be executed.

Btw, if i don't play any defnders, who will defend the strikers? And where it will be my D-line?

I got this idea from the Barca high pressure and it works. But and this is a big but, Barca don't play with a striker, so they have an extra man to do the pressure, getting always 2 mans against 1 :D.

So, combining my tactical idea with your tactic, i think a similar idea can be executed.

Btw, if i don't play any defnders, who will defend the strikers? And where it will be my D-line?

thats a good point, i wonder what would happen if i just played 2 dm maybe 2 wingers a cm, 3 acm n 2 strikers lol?

No, the idea is to overwhelm their defense and mids, so they cannot attack, so you are just defending :D

It might work. I always think the problem is that in Fm2013 the defending is always on the ball. You can't force a player to defend the passing lane. Which is kinda how the 6-2-2-0 was born since it clogs the room the opposition has.