6-2-2-0 Counter: A Hypothesis (Work in Progress)

Just a thought: How about a libero?

Good thought but they are so hard to find in Fm2013. Might be best with a DM that goes back into the defense like Busquets. The extra DM is something StueyRob is looking at the moment.

Good thought but they are so hard to find in Fm2013. Might be best with a DM that goes back into the defense like Busquets. The extra DM is something StueyRob is looking at the moment.

Yeah so far so good m8, ill post some screenshots in abit

View attachment 317824

View attachment 317825View attachment 317826View attachment 317829View attachment 317830View attachment 317831View attachment 317832View attachment 317833View attachment 317834View attachment 317835

top after 9 games, the losses were when i moved a dm into cm, been making tweaks here and there, but think ive finally got the right blend and hav won the last 3 league games

keep u posted tmorra with rest of the season :)

ohh and only just got Buffon back for last 3 games aswell, which obvioulsy makes a difference aswell haha :)

Last edited:
View attachment 317824

View attachment 317825View attachment 317826View attachment 317829View attachment 317830View attachment 317831View attachment 317832View attachment 317833View attachment 317834View attachment 317835

top after 9 games, the losses were when i moved a dm into cm, been making tweaks here and there, but think ive finally got the right blend and hav won the last 3 league games

keep u posted tmorra with rest of the season :)

ohh and only just got Buffon back for last 3 games aswell, which obvioulsy makes a difference aswell haha :)

Nice, looking forward to more :)

Does it have to be a 6-2-2-0 or we can have a different approach? Saying this because i have designed a 4-3-2-1 that works great against the majority of the tactics, except if i face a quick 1st touch team, like Arsenal. I thought, ****, i've beaten City, away and they had 0 shoots on target and only 2 in total and i can't beat 10th place Arsenal????

So i think, can i try an approach like a 5-3-2-0? 1 sweeper, 4 defenders, 3 center mids and 2 wings. For me is like dropping the striker to sweeper (dare you to find one in FM! :D). Also a good idea is also to play 2 inverted triangles like 1 sweeper, 2 CBs, 2 WBs and 1 anchor, 2 CMs and 2 wingers.

Last edited:
Does it have to be a 6-2-2-0 or we can have a different approach? Saying this because i have designed a 4-3-2-1 that works great against the majority of the tactics, except if i face a quick 1st touch team, like Arsenal. I thought, ****, i've beaten City, away and they had 0 shoots on target and only 2 in total and i can't beat 10th place Arsenal????

So i think, can i try an approach like a 5-3-2-0? 1 sweeper, 4 defenders, 3 center mids and 2 wings. For me is like dropping the striker to sweeper (dare you to find one in FM! :D). Also a good idea is also to play 2 inverted triangles like 1 sweeper, 2 CBs, 2 WBs and 1 anchor, 2 CMs and 2 wingers.

It doesn't have to be. I realised after testing in the test topic where the 6-2-2-0 had 15 clean sheet but only 13 goals, that I needed to abandon the formation in order to gain more offensive strength so go for what you think works best.

It doesn't have to be. I realised after testing in the test topic where the 6-2-2-0 had 15 clean sheet but only 13 goals, that I needed to abandon the formation in order to gain more offensive strength so go for what you think works best.

In that case, you have another "clean sheet wannabe" Will begin tonight, wish me luck