6-2-2-0 Counter: A Hypothesis (Work in Progress)

Cheers for the upload, looks a great tactic and I'm about to test it out in my own Barca save :)

Does it still work decently when it isn't fully fluid?

Cheers for the upload, looks a great tactic and I'm about to test it out in my own Barca save :)

Does it still work decently when it isn't fully fluid?

Sound great. It will work okay with barca when not fully fluid since they are a worldclass team but you'll probably get a bit more goals against than when it's fluid obviously.

Thanks for testing it! Please let me know how it goes!

Sound great. It will work okay with barca when not fully fluid since they are a worldclass team but you'll probably get a bit more goals against than when it's fluid obviously.

Thanks for testing it! Please let me know how it goes!

I will :)

A quick question, Do you have a few teams in mind of who to use this tactic with. I don't want a team with a load of strikers. I want a team who has a considerable number of defenders and defensive style midfielders. It would be a treat if you could give me around 5 teams who have a squad like that. Also I don't want to be Barcelona. Please any suggestions?

A quick question, Do you have a few teams in mind of who to use this tactic with. I don't want a team with a load of strikers. I want a team who has a considerable number of defenders and defensive style midfielders. It would be a treat if you could give me around 5 teams who have a squad like that. Also I don't want to be Barcelona. Please any suggestions?

One team that pops to my head is Everton. Not a lot of strikers, could play Fellaini in one of the DMC positions, Baines LWB, then you've got Pienaar, Naismith & Osman for the CM roles.

Dortmund could be another decent one. Sell of Lewandowski, retrain Reus to play CM. Then you've got a solid CB partnership of Hummels & Subotic, Piszczek at right back with Blaszczykowski ahead of him, Bender & Gundogan/Kehl at DM. Then Schmelzer at left back with Grobkreutz ahead of him (or new LWB). Goetze & Reus CM. Looks pretty decent.

Last edited:

Well, there is Bristol City offcourse :)

Some teams I have in mind testing it with are:

Borussia Dortmund - I wonder how Gotze and Lewandoski would do on attack.
Real Madrid - Obviously with Alonso, Khedira, Pepe, Varane, Ozil and Ronaldo.
Chelsea - look okay with all the Midfielders they have
Arsenal - same as Chelsea with Wilshire ,Ramsey and Cazorla . May be a bit tight in DM's though.
Man Utd - Rooney and v. Persie should be able to handle the AP attack role nicely but probably need to set one of them to run with ball often.

I am not sure what kind of team you enjoy playing. QPR could be nice as well. Just find a team you enjoy and see if you can build the team around the tactic. If you don't enjoy strikers then just sell them since you won't need them with this tactic and buy what you need/can.

Let me know how it goes!

One team that pops to my head is Everton. Not a lot of strikers, could play Fellaini in one of the DMC positions, Baines LWB, then you've got Pienaar, Naismith & Osman for the CM roles.

That is a very good one as well .Thank you for the tip! Baines is awesome at the WB Attack role

I did another edit to the main post: I forgot about the set pieces instructions. Nothing major there , just the throw in set-up that can be important.

Dortmund could be another decent one. Sell of Lewandowski, retrain Reus to play CM. Then you've got a solid CB partnership of Hummels & Subotic, Piszczek at right back with Blaszczykowski ahead of him, Bender & Gundogan/Kehl at DM. Then Schmelzer at left back with Grobkreutz ahead of him (or new LWB). Goetze & Reus CM. Looks pretty decent.

Dortmund sounds interesting. I might give it a try.

Looks great but link wont work for me says "[h=3]File Belongs to Non-Validated Account.[/h]"

Same here.

Sorry about that guys, I got caught up in reading and testing with Bristol that I forgot to validate the MediaFire account. It should be fixed now. Please let me know if it worked or not so I can rest easy

Tottenham could be good as well.

LB: Ekotto
CB: Dawson & Vertonghen
RB: Kaboul
DM: Sandro, Parker, Huddlestone, Livermore
RWB: Walker
LWB: Bale
CM: Sigurdsson, Dembele, Holtby, Dempsey

Actually... would this work with swansea?

what about training? balanced and def.positioning?

In the pre-season I set it to very high and Team Cohesion when the season starts Balanced and Defending Free Kicks since that is where the goals against seem to be coming from for me.

Last edited: