6-2-2-0 Counter: A Hypothesis (Work in Progress)

Going to try this with Everton now, I'll give you an update around 10 games in :)

Trying as Newcastle in a new game. Ben Arfa & Cabaye as my CM's.

Certainly is strange selling all wingers and strikers and buying wingbacks and defensive midfielders! :)

Going to test with Dundee Utd. Will report back after 10 games.

Certainly is strange selling all wingers and strikers and buying wingbacks and defensive midfielders! :)

haha, it sure is but be careful not sell any potential back-ups in case of injuries. Some wingers can play WB attack from time to time in order to bring higher finishing or they can be a runner in the AP Attack spots. Looking forward to hearing how it went :)

Awesome ratings there! I hope you were playing with Southampton? :D

Haha yeah. Second game lost 2-1 to City, massive **** up by Boruc gave them the winner. They only had 1 CCC though which was that one.

ah that is a shame. I guess in the end the better players do make a bit of difference ofcourse but is your team fluid in the strategy yet? You are already limiting the cc's so it can only get better.

My first game with your tactic and my players got 5 yellow cards, 1 red card, had a total of 25 FOULS COMITED and 3 of my players got injured.

The match finished 0-0 but I finished the game with only 8 players on the field.

My 2nd game. 2 yellow cards, a total of 15 fouls comited, 2 of my players got injured.

Final score 0-0 and I finished the game with 0 shots from my players :)

Last edited:
My first game with your tactic and my players got 5 yellow cards, 1 red card, had a total of 25 FOULS COMITED and 3 of my players got injured.

The match finished 0-0 but I finished the game with only 8 players on the field

hmmm. *at least the players shown a willingness to fight for the club. I won't apologize for that* :D

On a more serious note: I do not know which team you play with but perhaps tone down the tackling a bit or train them in defensive positioning instead of Defending Free Kicks.

I'm playing with Sampdoria and already had Defensive positioning. :D
That's the mp I'm always using..

I'm playing with Sampdoria and already had Defensive positioning. :D
That's the mp I'm always using..

Ah okay, I think you just had some lousy luck there with the cards and the injuries. Is the tactic fluid yet?

How you getting on with it?

Congrats on unusual formation and its working, could be come every 1 hold out tactic as it scores aswell. also what match prep did you use

Last edited: