6-2-2-0 Counter: A Hypothesis (Work in Progress)

right im 10 games in and so far results have been good.
played=10
won=8
drawn=2
lost=0
goals for=13
goals against=2
so the results are coming,the 2 draws were against liverpool and norwich(both away) is there anyway to improve goals for without compromising goals conceded?
also not convinced with rooney and RVP in the CM roles. whom would you recommend? WBs are baines and valencia both doing well with rafael and fabio as backup. just need to score more goals. maybe it just needs more time?

first of all, the original (from shyyfty) is meant to be for less conceding, this is my tweak for more scoring. maybe you can change things to suit youre team.

time is essential, because the players need to adjust to their new roles,

here's a screen of my dutch league, you can see my first season was also not that good.
after that first season of searching and trying things, i saw what type of players i need.

View attachment 464737

Last edited:
time is essential, because the players need to adjust to their new roles,

here's a screen of my dutch league, you can see my first season was also not that good.
after that first season of searching and trying things, i saw what type of players i need.

View attachment 395563

great stuff, gives me a little confidence.RVP is a concern in the CM position, he has scored a goal and a couple of assists but i was hopig he would excell here, i might cash in on him? i found rooney and henriquez work well together but hernandez not so much so will sell and strengthen the DM positions as they lose their fitness quickly. CBs seem to be self explanitory. the WBs are the main goal scorers but getting the right CM combination is key to get the ball up the field. will stick with it as im enjoying the tactic. will update after 20 games. (just destroyed chelsea 3-0)
any recommended players tho will be appreciated

any shouts, oi, tips, training

no shouts, but maybe it will work for you?

oi is given to my assistant

training: general training is balanced with average inensity
match training is attacking movement and i give the day before match off.

tips:

take youre first season for training and development of youre players in to the right position.
i did this with renting players for the positions i had to train players for.
like WBL i rented a player and played him most of the time, then my other players can train and play in the reserve.
but take them with you as substitude, when u are winning u can bring them in.

also when you have a change of buying a youngster like 14\15\16\17 do it right away, u can train him already for the position u want him to be.

some examples:

View attachment 395566View attachment 395567View attachment 395568

great stuff, gives me a little confidence.RVP is a concern in the CM position, he has scored a goal and a couple of assists but i was hopig he would excell here, i might cash in on him? i found rooney and henriquez work well together but hernandez not so much so will sell and strengthen the DM positions as they lose their fitness quickly. CBs seem to be self explanitory. the WBs are the main goal scorers but getting the right CM combination is key to get the ball up the field. will stick with it as im enjoying the tactic. will update after 20 games. (just destroyed chelsea 3-0)
any recommended players tho will be appreciated

i don't know. maybe sell RVP and sign a AMC who can also play a bit like MC. maybe gotze or something like that.
you can also search for players who are similar to another.

example, go to messi and tap find similar players. you will get a list of players similair to messi.
View attachment 395571

right 20 games in and things are changing. not for the better either.
played=20
won=13
drawn=6
lost=1
goals for=26
goals against=5
top scorer=5(baines)
top assist= 4(rooney)
thing have stalled slightly. too many draws and not enough wins. the one loss was away to burnley in the cup. draws against cardiff,swansea and west ham.
how can i score more????

right 20 games in and things are changing. not for the better either.
played=20
won=13
drawn=6
lost=1
goals for=26
goals against=5
top scorer=5(baines)
top assist= 4(rooney)
thing have stalled slightly. too many draws and not enough wins. the one loss was away to burnley in the cup. draws against cardiff,swansea and west ham.
how can i score more????

the main goal of this tactick is keep the 0 and win the game, if its with 1 2 or 3 it doesnt matter.
i tweaked it for me so it scores a bit more.

It's not a super scoring tactic!!!

download the tweak from stuey rob, this one scores more but conceding more to.

Last edited:
no shouts, but maybe it will work for you?

oi is given to my assistant

training: general training is balanced with average inensity
match training is attacking movement and i give the day before match off.

tips:

take youre first season for training and development of youre players in to the right position.
i did this with renting players for the positions i had to train players for.
like WBL i rented a player and played him most of the time, then my other players can train and play in the reserve.
but take them with you as substitude, when u are winning u can bring them in.

also when you have a change of buying a youngster like 14\15\16\17 do it right away, u can train him already for the position u want him to be.

some examples:

View attachment 395566View attachment 395567View attachment 395568
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

cant see your pics

dinjesk, what filters for your tactic?

don't have any special filters, just look what kind of players you have in your team and how they play in this tactic then react to this by selling or re training the players.

why dont work for me from 29 game i lose 8 ,draw10 and 2 win,i play with uderdog team???:(

i play with Italian Bari???
what version work the best?

i play with Italian Bari???
what version work the best?

page54> sampdoria results
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-hypothesis-work-progress-54.html#post1720936

and

page56> sampdoria tactic
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-hypothesis-work-progress-56.html#post1723585

that is from my sampdoria test, the tactic i have used there is slightly different because you play with 3 CM's.

later on i have tested that same tactic with ajax and it was not working at all, so i have gone back 2 the basic tactic from shyftyy and started a new tweak. that is the one i am playing now.

yeah
geek.gif

300 games undefeated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what version use ,training and work for 13.3.3?

right i have finished my 1st season. it has been a successful one too,won charity shield,league,fa cup,champs league.

played=60
won=42
drawn=11
lost=7
goals for=97
goals against=21
top scorer=vidic(13)
most assists=baines(14)
some great results against most teams but a few unlikely defeats along the way against the likes of burnley,celtic,hull,fulham etc
we conceded most of those goals in the last 6/7 games so i will need to strengthen the squad if im to emulate other peoples success.

a great tactic and cant wait for season 2