6-2-2-0 Counter: A Hypothesis (Work in Progress)

I use this tactic with parma on a match and got 2-0, i thought it'll be all defense and a few counter but it turned out almost all of the highlight is my team's attack
Didn't get a good result on my second match, lose 1-0
I'm planning to use this tactic only against big teams since i dont want to sell my striker

Going thru your article again and see what i am missing out.
it is really tough on semi-pro club

Club: Hyde
Frankly, i just load the .tac and see how it perform.
Pre-season friendly all ended losing mostly by 1-0 or 2-0 although got a win by 2-1 and some draws.

In-Season game started with 2 to 3 matches Draw before winning 2-1 but losing next two match 2-0.
Now back to drawing board again.
Well, have tried few other tac but losing badly by 4 to 6 goal.XD

ok.
re-run your tactic again and follow instruction like OP...training....etc.

can only afford free transfer player, tempt better quality player..etc to play at Hyde Club
So, my weekly wages is running in RED...hahaha

Sack my Asst.Coach...By luck managed to get in better quality NEW Asst. Manager and New Coach.
Sack also my Head Physio for better NEW Head Physio.

Release my 3 Striker by paying termination fee..but Club President block the "Scott Spencer" termination, so try to convert him into Advanced Playmaker currently.
Also terminate those over 30 years of age although they have good rating except those who have DM capability as "free transfer" player is limited.

League Season in play.
1st match ended losing 0-1
2nd match also lose 0-1
3rd match win 2-1
4th match draw 0-0

will continue to monitor the effectiveness of this tactic

oh yeah, as Hyde is a semi-professional club,
it don't have the optional rest day before and after match

So anyone have idea how to turn the club in full flight professional club so that i can have that option?

ok.
re-run your tactic again and follow instruction like OP...training....etc.

can only afford free transfer player, tempt better quality player..etc to play at Hyde Club
So, my weekly wages is running in RED...hahaha

Sack my Asst.Coach...By luck managed to get in better quality NEW Asst. Manager and New Coach.
Sack also my Head Physio for better NEW Head Physio.

Release my 3 Striker by paying termination fee..but Club President block the "Scott Spencer" termination, so try to convert him into Advanced Playmaker currently.
Also terminate those over 30 years of age although they have good rating except those who have DM capability as "free transfer" player is limited.

League Season in play.
1st match ended losing 0-1
2nd match also lose 0-1
3rd match win 2-1
4th match draw 0-0

will continue to monitor the effectiveness of this tactic

oh yeah, as Hyde is a semi-professional club,
it don't have the optional rest day before and after match

So anyone have idea how to turn the club in full flight professional club so that i can have that option?

This tactic is very heavy on stamina. If your players do not have that it's unlikely they will be able to keep up the pressing and going forward from defensive positions. That's why it may be an issue when you can't rest your players. Another issue is the short passing. Try giving Dinjesk version a go. it's in the main post under testing called test27 (doing this from memory) which is slightly faster but more direct which may be better suited for the lower league players.

Good luck!

eey guys,

After a little break in my gaming time because of work, i am playing again :D

again trying to tweak further to score more and concede 0.

last 50 games scored 96 and concede 2.

have been 282 games undefeated.

eey guys,

dont know how you do this as i cant get the results your getting! im man united in my 4th season so i have a great team but i always concede and draw if i do win its 2-1, 3-2 etc.
but all credit to you those stats are fantastic

its because this tactic is purely based on holding the 0.
but undefeated also means draws sometimes, 0-0 or 1-1, just not lost yet.

i have in the 4 positions in the back all central back players, trained for full back position too.
in the next line i have 2 players like busquets. good defending, passing and some times they can pick a goal.
also there are 2 wingbacks, i am rotating with normal wingback and wingers trained too wingback. (depends on the oponent)
then my 2 midfielders are mostly amc or strikers trained 2 the cm position.

in my new tweak i have changed the pressure and speed and also the tactic is verry fluid instead of ridged, this i did so i can put presure right away when i lose the ball en counter for the goal. The choose for verry fluid is because then al my players are doing presure/defending and when the have the ball i can counter with all of them. ( little like mourinho's real madrid )

have made some screens of my undefeated streak and the goals ratio.

View attachment 464791View attachment 464790View attachment 464789

that is just fantastic!! nowhere near that for me,i thinnk my stats are played 10 scored 8 conceded 6.

will stick with it tho as fingers crossed i can emulate your success

that is just fantastic!! nowhere near that for me,i thinnk my stats are played 10 scored 8 conceded 6.

will stick with it tho as fingers crossed i can emulate your success

can you upload a screen of your squad and who plays where in your formation?

can you upload a screen of your squad and who plays where in your formation?

i have just started again.im hoping rooney and RVP can do well in the mc roles?. just the normal team, only two signings leighton baines for WBL and a 16 yr old CD for development. retraining all strikers to MC role and all wingers to WB role. still playing friendleys at the moment but fingers crossed i can have the success your having, do you do anything during the game? or use it as a plug and play tactic? also before i started my new game i noticed with attacking movement i conceded less than when using defensive postioning?

Good to see you back Dinjesk. Unfortunately because of a new job I no longer have time to do any FM for a while. I have however updated the main posts with your latest version.

Balders: For the original I tried to go with training Ball Control and I liked the results then but obviously Dinjesk's tactics is completely different to check with him or just experiment.

See you in Fm2014 hopefully

right im 10 games in and so far results have been good.
played=10
won=8
drawn=2
lost=0
goals for=13
goals against=2
so the results are coming,the 2 draws were against liverpool and norwich(both away) is there anyway to improve goals for without compromising goals conceded?
also not convinced with rooney and RVP in the CM roles. whom would you recommend? WBs are baines and valencia both doing well with rafael and fabio as backup. just need to score more goals. maybe it just needs more time?

eey guys,

any shouts, oi, tips, training

Good to see you back Dinjesk. Unfortunately because of a new job I no longer have time to do any FM for a while. I have however updated the main posts with your latest version.

See you in Fm2014 hopefully

yeah sure, already pre orderd it :p