6 years, 6 Promotions and no cheats :) all With AFC Wimbledon

SunderlandDanny1973

Just One Forum Please
Reaction score
Basically this is was my first attempt at LLM (meaning below league two) i decided on AFC Wimbledon as I wanted to bring the Crazy Gang style back to the Premeirship.

My intial plan was that i wanted to be in Premiership in at least 15 years and in the Championship after 9 years. I thought this becasue in my opinion the bottom 3 leagues can be defeated with alrite players good training and good tactics as teams you come up against very rarely have any class over you and play simliar styles where pace and wing play can out do them i.e. Lewes, Bath, Accrinton Stanley all theses teams are beatable with the correct players. and tactics, it is of course much tougher once you reach the Championship.

I was going to update to do a thread updating as i went along but cba :p so in this thread I will provide signings of each year and league table to show my progression over the years and would like your comments on my exploits, i will also be from the Premiership season be providing updates and everything else that goes with it :) BTW the tactics i have used have been JP Woodley Brian Clough tactics (highly recomend for LLM) only ever changing them when i got the Championship as i needed
more Goals :D

Last edited:
Fair play mate. I have my own game with them just now and aced the Conference South. Into my third year in the conference now. Missed out on the play offs because Burton scored more goals than me then lost in the play offs the next year. Cruising it this year.

Well done though (if you didnt cheat) :p

I don't think AFC Wimbledon have ever been in the Premier League have they!? MK Dons have as they replaced Wimbledon FC but isn't AFC Wimbledon seperate?

Great achievement though mate, I certainly couldn't do it, takes well too much time and dedication! :D

Fair play mate. I have my own game with them just now and aced the Conference South. Into my third year in the conference now. Missed out on the play offs because Burton scored more goals than me then lost in the play offs the next year. Cruising it this year.

Well done though (if you didnt cheat) :p

yeah they are good team like cheers mate.

Nope no cheats tbh i was really surprised i got out of league one my team just gelled and i had some great signings that helped then the in the Championship i was in dreamalnd, but defo came up too early im like 6 games into Prem season and although beat Man U 4-2 (i dont know how was a fluke i reckon) i have lost 5 in a row and am just above drop zone so may be back in Championship soon

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

I don't think AFC Wimbledon have ever been in the Premier League have they!? MK Dons have as they replaced Wimbledon FC but isn't AFC Wimbledon seperate?

Great achievement though mate, I certainly couldn't do it, takes well too much time and dedication! :D

aye is first ever in all the leagues as they only formed in 2002 so im well chuffed will put up current season in Prem aint going so good so far but even 20th in Prem is an achievement of sorts :p

league table as it stands in the Premiership 6 games gone and already out of League Cup.

First 8 games:

AFC WIMBLEDON 4-2 MANCHESTER UNITED: LAWRENCE, FREEMAN, EBANKS-BLAKE (2)
Unbelievable start i could not have wanted a better start Lawrence scored a brilliant goal from 25 yards out Forresteri equalised, then Freeman and Ebanks-Blake made it safe even missed penalty so could have been more

TOTTENHAM 1-2 AFC WIMBLEDON: FREEMAN, BRIDGE O.G
Another great result and unexpected went behind in first 7 minutes and stayed that way till last 5 minutes Freeman(an Arsenal Player) curled one in then an o.g completed an unlikely comeback top after two games.

(LC) AFC WIMBLEDON 3-2 SCUNTHORPE: TREACY (2), FEIJO
Played some fringe players and good result my loan signing from Spurs Feijo (a regen) scored a screamer from edge of box, was 3-0 up with 5 minutes to go so little disappointed to concede goals but otherwise good result

AFC WIMBLEDON 1-2 BLACKBURN: LAWRENCE (PEN)
First defeat of season little disappointed I created the chances but just couldnt put them away which is crucial at this level, the goal came in injury time and was too late but to have 6 points after 3 games im pleased, for the moment.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH: Luke Freeman, on loan from Arsenal has not only socred goals but is working well with Ebanks-Blake and set up both his goals against United, will hopefully fire me to saftey

MIDDLESBROUGH 3-2 AFC WIMBLEDON: SIMPSON(2)
An infuriating match went two nil down due to an goal and terrible defending but managed to get back into it with two goals from Jay Simpson, but another lapse in concentration by my centre half let Gary O'Neil grab a late winner, really quite angry now.

AFC WIMBLEDON 1-3 NOTTM FOREST: FREEMAN
You need to win your home games and my l\ds just didnt turn up today, Forest i felt were beatable and this is definitley 3 points dropped especially at home, only started playing when i was 3-0 down and by then was too late, was due to not taking chances again need to be clinical.

(LC) AFC WIMBLEDON 1-2 WEST HAM- EBANKS-BLAKE
A game i should and could have won. West Ham, who are in the Championship, were not as tough as i expected and i was battering them but as usually happens when you dont score the other team do and right on half time. I managed to pull it back and take to extra time, but an erro from my centre back, another one :mad: cost me and Delfouneso got his second goal, getting bit worried now as lads are losing without much of a fight

SUNDERLAND 3-0 AFC WIMBLEDON
Worst match i have ever seen any of my teams play, and i have been beat 4-0 off Northwitch Victoria so that is saying something. Something that is becoming all to clear in this season is the amount of errors my team are making the second goal a clear example of this when my keeper decided to go walkabout to get the ball he had no right going for. I will keep the faith though, for now

PLAYER OF THE MONTH: Hard to pick as no-one has performed really but will go to Campoli, he is one of very few defenders to not make any errors and has been a great assest to my defence

Last edited:
As a matter of interest, can you up load your tactics? they seem fairly effective!

changed them sincee moving to the Prem but you can find them on the download section it is JP Woodleys Brian Clough Tactics used up until Championship

OCTOBER

I was going to right this month off but the result at the very end of the month restored some beilef in me that maybe i could do something special this season and save the team from relegation. Halfway through i changed tactics i will provide the current league table and my change of tactics

AFC WIMBLEDON 0-1 BIRMINGHAM
Really poor result against a team below me in the league, Freeman had a nightmare and he missed a hatful of chances and it cost me dearly more points dropped at home which i can really ill afford.

EVERTON 3-0 AFC WIMBLEDON
A right off from the beginning, but realised in this game my 4-4-2 had to go as i conceded far too much possesion and too many shots on my keeper, also the fans wanting a change helped my decision.

AFC WIMBLEDON 1-3 ARSENAL: NEILSEN
A change of formation but still no change of luck, a better perfromance though and I was pleased was still in the game until Adebayor grabbed his second goal in injury time

AFC WIMBLEDON 1-1 CHELSEA: DAWSON
A great result played really well defended like lions and took a surprise lead and was dreaming of another great scalp but yet again a mistake this time by my DM. But all in all as this was my only point of the month i am pleased.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:Louis Dawson, my regen signing from Crystal Palace. He came out complaining he wanted more first team football and he weighed in with some impressive performances in an awful month, also scored against Chelsea to justify his claim to play

lol great job mate, although one slight error, afc wimbledon were never in the prem :p mk dons are the old wimbledon side that were

yeah i know i mean like the name 'Wimbledon' back to the prem not the team as not the MK Dons have been in Premiership

hmm.....all the dates are the same in every picture...

How come the holders of each of the leagues havent been promoted and are still in that league?

Addmitedly I can't see Tiverton in the BSS and i can understand Middlesbrough in championship, but how are Kidderminster the holders of the BSP but finished 13th in that league, Tranmere are the holders but finished 20th in League 2 and MK Dons are the holders but 11th in League 1. Surely all of these sides should have been promoted the year before so shouldnt appear in the same league again?

How come the holders of each of the leagues havent been promoted and are still in that league?

Addmitedly I can't see Tiverton in the BSS and i can understand Middlesbrough in championship, but how are Kidderminster the holders of the BSP but finished 13th in that league, Tranmere are the holders but finished 20th in League 2 and MK Dons are the holders but 11th in League 1. Surely all of these sides should have been promoted the year before so shouldnt appear in the same league again?
By the looks of it he hasnt taken a screen shot of each season. He has taken it of past leagues. If you look at the date it is the same in all screenshots