7/10/11: Montenegro vs England European Championship Qualifying - KO 20:00

Unbefuckinglievable.

We've got 2 very good young full backs that will be vying for the Right Back slot for years to come, yet he decides to play a CB out of position. Huge slap in the face for Walker and Richards.

Who's to say Jones won't be playing RB for England for years to come?

The fact that Walcott was even called up, yet alone starting is ridiculous.

I explained that in the OP.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Vucinic likes to shift left, and with Vuckevic there, He is going for the solid cover there because Walcott is lightweight defensively. Purely tacitical rather than a reflection of the others abilities

Good point about Vucinic, but I strongly disagree about Walcott defensively. He's very good defensively, actually. Note when Arsenal beat Chelsea, for example, his tracking of Cole was exemplary.

Unbefuckinglievable.

We've got 2 very good young full backs that will be vying for the Right Back slot for years to come, yet he decides to play a CB out of position. Huge slap in the face for Walker and Richards.

The fact that Walcott was even called up, yet alone starting is ridiculous.

Its really not a slap for either, talk about overreaction, see my reply to dunc.

Also Richards expects to return to CB, than be a permanent RB

Well, he's a Centre Back. That's where he plays at his best. So he will almost certainly be a CB for England, especially considering our options at right back.

I explained that in the OP.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Good point about Vucinic, but I strongly disagree about Walcott defensively. He's very good defensively, actually. Note when Arsenal beat Chelsea, for example, his tracking of Cole was exemplary.

I dont think he has shown enough of it, not for england anyway, although maybe i'm being harsh on him. From what ive seen he hasnt worked quite as hard defensive for england, but then its not his strong point

Well, he's a Centre Back. That's where he plays at his best. So he will almost certainly be a CB for England, especially considering our options at right back.

Fair enough. Mike made a better point than me though, I doubt Jones' inclusion is indicative of a long-term trend, rather a short-term tactical plug.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

I dont think he has shown enough of it, not for england anyway, although maybe i'm being harsh on him. From what ive seen he hasnt worked quite as hard defensive for england, but then its not his strong point

Maybe not, but he's hardly come up against a top-class left-back recently for England. It's hard to show your defensive hard work when the opposition left-back is a converted CB.

Fair enough. Mike made a better point than me though, I doubt Jones' inclusion is indicative of a long-term trend, rather a short-term tactical plug.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Maybe not, but he's hardly come up against a top-class left-back recently for England. It's hard to show your defensive hard work when the opposition left-back is a converted CB.

Yeah that is true.

Another thing, by fielding Jones (or indeed any defensively strong player there), it allows the back line to also be more solid when shifting across to let Ashley Cole loose down the left

Surely it's a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney in the hole?

Was hoping Welbeck would start but Bent is probably the best option for the importance of the game. Happy for Jones but would've preferred him in the centre with JT and Richards/Walker at RB. Cahill's not been great recently for Bolton and Walker/Jones and Richards all deserve a place IMO.

Should be a good game tonight, be interesting to see if the Montengrin wide players can hold Cole and Jones back. Hoping for a 2-0 win tonight

There is an early warning about their left

Theo with a good cross?

More to the point, he's working very hard and getting back to help Jones. I feel vindicated. ;)

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Dawwen Bent. He doesn't miss. Game over?

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Good work from two of the four ex- or current Villans on display today to get the goal.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Zverotic pulls one back. He's a handy player, good utility man, but that shot took a deflection off Cahill. 2-1.

Theres been 3 goals and the games still so boring to watch, think im going off international football.

Bent's been using his ultra super mega amazing link-up skills to complete, uh, TWO passes so far.

got away with that one Jones, was a blatent peno.

Wayne Rooney you ******* idiot.