7/10/11: Montenegro vs England European Championship Qualifying - KO 20:00

'Simple as' nothing. Some things you can't fix, but Rooney's worked hard at improving his temperament and it has definitely paid off. Today was a relapse, yes, but that's the price you pay for accommodating Rooney's talent. Take the rough with the smooth.

And yes, you're ALLOWED to hate anyone you want, I'm just saying it's completely pathetic that you 'hate' people you've never even met.

You dont have to meet someone to not like them. I cant question Rooney's talent but thats what annoys me, he dosen't need to do these stupid things the same as Ronaldo dosen't need to dive.

So why dont you hate terry then? he has let himself down a number of times. Sorry but the reaction to this has me seriously wound up, smacks of double standard from all sides

He hasen't let himself down like that has he otherwise it would have been him getting the redcard last night. The reaction is normal, well expected and deserved. He still needs alot of growing up to do simple as that.

You dont have to meet someone to not like them. I cant question Rooney's talent but thats what annoys me, he dosen't need to do these stupid things the same as Ronaldo dosen't need to dive.

He hasen't let himself down like that has he otherwise it would have been him getting the redcard last night. The reaction is normal, well expected and deserved. He still needs alot of growing up to do simple as that.

Terry has been sent off 4 times. So why arent you hating him for letting himself down a number of times?

Plenty of players in history have done equally stupid acts and not generated this level of interest.

I think that fact that he was representing his country in a crucial game can justify this level of interest in the media's eyes anyway.

The sending off didn't particularly annoy me as long as we qualified. Beckham 98?

You're seeing Rooney's temperament and him as a football as two separate things, which they aren't. His temperament makes him as a player, it gives him that drive and passion. As I say, rough with the thin.

There's a big gap between dislike and hate.

Just like numerous players who you don't hate do stupid things in greater volume.

How can you POSSIBLY know you hate someone on the basis of seeing them player football for 90 minutes per week. Reverse the situation and imagine you got on like a house on fire personally with him, would you then decide to hate him because of his on-pitch behaviour (which you're WILDLY exaggerating.)

its really not, otherwise he would get sent off more often. oh wait he doesnt

Its the way he conducts himself overall, he is one of the small minority that also dosen't sing the national anthem. Not a big problem but it is something, when you see all the other players doing it it wouldnt hurt would it.

Well then you're being unreasonable. Everyone makes mistakes; asking England players not to is ridiculous.

Of corse people make mistakes but its when they re-offend and dosen't seem to learn from past mistakes.

Let us not forget the stuff with his Dad either, it's surely no coincidence that when his Dad gets arrested, is the first time he's been sent off in a number of years. It's easy to say that shouldn't affect him, but every single person has a naturally embedded way of dealing with emotional stress, and no one in this world is capable of reading into that.

Here comes the excuses. Rooney gets major slack from every team he plays against and normally puts in sensational performances, this wouldn't have effected him and shouldnt have.

Let us not forget the stuff with his Dad either, it's surely no coincidence that when his Dad gets arrested, is the first time he's been sent off in a number of years. It's easy to say that shouldn't affect him, but every single person has a naturally embedded way of dealing with emotional stress, and no one in this world is capable of reading into that.

If he was stressed about that he shouldn't of played although he had told Capello otherwise. However, if he didn't play and we lost, he probably would of been lambasted by teh media for letting the nation down.

I think that fact that he was representing his country in a crucial game can justify this level of interest in the media's eyes anyway.

The sending off didn't particularly annoy me as long as we qualified. Beckham 98?

It was a crucial game because we needed to qualify, it happens that we qualified, and although I didn't watch it, from what I've heard Rooney was involved with both goals, so it would appear he succeeded in his job.

Terry has been sent off 4 times. So why arent you hating him for letting himself down a number of times?

I do slate him when he gets sent off for stupid things. Difference is he conducts himself much better and thats a fact.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Just like numerous players who you don't hate do stupid things in greater volume.

How can you POSSIBLY know you hate someone on the basis of seeing them player football for 90 minutes per week. Reverse the situation and imagine you got on like a house on fire personally with him, would you then decide to hate him because of his on-pitch behaviour (which you're WILDLY exaggerating.)

But i dont know him personly and never will so i judge him by how i know him and that is as a footballer.

I do slate him when he gets sent off for stupid things. Difference is he conducts himself much better and thats a fact.

What?! how is that a fact, by sleeping with a england teammates missus?! Riiiiiiight. What's clear is that you judge him to a complete different standard, which is a joke.

You're seeing Rooney's temperament and him as a football as two separate things, which they aren't. His temperament makes him as a player, it gives him that drive and passion. As I say, rough with the thin.

There's a big gap between dislike and hate.

So what he did yesterday makes him the player he is???? Corse it dosen't. His natural ability and passion makes him what he is.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

What?! how is that a fact, by sleeping with a england teammates missus?! Riiiiiiight. What's clear is that you judge him to a complete different standard, which is a joke.

Like i say i dont judge them by what they do off the field. Rooney can **** whoever he wants and his dad can commit as much crimes as he wants that wont change my opinion of him. The matter of fact is Rooney let himself and the nation down last night and it wasen't for the first time, he needs to learn simple as that.

So what he did yesterday makes him the player he is???? Corse it dosen't. His natural ability and passion makes him what he is.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Like i say i dont judge them by what they do off the field. Rooney can **** whoever he wants and his dad can commit as much crimes as he wants that wont change my opinion of him. The matter of fact is Rooney let himself and the nation down last night and it wasen't for the first time, he needs to learn simple as that.

it was the second time, 5 years. it was silly. But you reacting like its the greatest sin ever is even sillier, and that is the point people are making. it happens, it aint the end of the freaking world. Stop castigating him with double standards

Its the way he conducts himself overall, he is one of the small minority that also dosen't sing the national anthem. Not a big problem but it is something, when you see all the other players doing it it wouldnt hurt would it.
Because the players who do sing it perform sensationally. Firstly, it's a ***** 'national' anthem. You're aware England doesn't even have a national anthem, right, we adopted it for the sake of international sports. It's hard to be passionate about a non-anthem when the whole song is about a) God - Who very likely does not exist and b) Said God saving a non-elected head of state over everyone else, why does she deserve special recognition in the NATIONAL anthem on the basis of birthright. I wouldn't sing either. Also, it's not as if Rooney is just messing around during the anthem, he looks intensely focused, which is a good thing.

Of corse people make mistakes but its when they re-offend and dosen't seem to learn from past mistakes.

So you're saying every player is only allowed one red card in their career?

Here comes the excuses. Rooney gets major slack from every team he plays against and normally puts in sensational performances, this wouldn't have effected him and shouldnt have.

I guess his horrendous drop in form had nothing to do with it also coinciding with intense media scrutiny then. I mean, he's always under that much scrutiny and always performs sensationally. I also guess it's just coincidence that his form return after he left the country for a few weeks and let the pressure ease. It's therefore totally unreasonable of me to suggest that a return of pre-match media scrutiny surrounding his private life also happens to coincide in his first red card for years, it's also utterly ridiculous to say just because he said he was 'fine' makes him mean it. He's hardly going to come out and say "Don't feel like playing in a crucial game 'cause of Daddy." The vulturistic media would have had a field day with that one. Nor is he going to use it as an excuse, but it doesn't stop it existing. Emotional stress exerts itself sub-consciously, it's not as if the thought process is "Been tackled - Dad got jailed - kick him." He may not even make the connection until he thinks back in a few days/weeks. Nor does it mean it's a cause, but it's ludicrous to suggest it's just an excuse when all of the evidence would appear to point towards it, rather than your sensationalist, lack of evidential arguments.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

And Terry ******** a teammates missus is going to have such a good ******* effect on morale in the England camp, which changes things on the pitch. Yet you're not criticising him for that, are you?

it was the second time, 5 years. it was silly. But you reacting like its the greatest sin ever is even sillier, and that is the point people are making. it happens, it aint the end of the freaking world. Stop castigating him with double standards

How is it double standards???? It was Rooney that got sent off yesterday no-one else. If it was anyone else and the game went the same way i would say they let the nation and his teammates down too but it wasen't anyone else it was Rooney. This is a man who has done this type of thing before and hasen't learnt from it, he needs to grow up.

So you hate someone on the basis of his football? ****** ****.

CJACKO11 belongs in the sun's comments imo.

Carl your justifications are so full of holes, since they would equally apply to Terry, who frequently walks a very fine line, and has repeatedly been sent off. Yet you dont sat he needs to learn.

Not signing the anthem is also ******* irrelevant

How is it double standards???? It was Rooney that got sent off yesterday no-one else. If it was anyone else and the game went the same way i would say they let the nation and his teammates down too but it wasen't anyone else it was Rooney. This is a man who has done this type of thing before and hasen't learnt from it, he needs to grow up.

again Terry 4 red cards.

Because the players who do sing it perform sensationally. Firstly, it's a ***** 'national' anthem. You're aware England doesn't even have a national anthem, right, we adopted it for the sake of international sports. It's hard to be passionate about a non-anthem when the whole song is about a) God - Who very likely does not exist and b) Said God saving a non-elected head of state over everyone else, why does she deserve special recognition in the NATIONAL anthem on the basis of birthright. I wouldn't sing either. Also, it's not as if Rooney is just messing around during the anthem, he looks intensely focused, which is a good thing.

So you're saying every player is only allowed one red card in their career?

I guess his horrendous drop in form had nothing to do with it also coinciding with intense media scrutiny then. I mean, he's always under that much scrutiny and always performs sensationally. I also guess it's just coincidence that his form return after he left the country for a few weeks and let the pressure ease. It's therefore totally unreasonable of me to suggest that a return of pre-match media scrutiny surrounding his private life also happens to coincide in his first red card for years, it's also utterly ridiculous to say just because he said he was 'fine' makes him mean it. He's hardly going to come out and say "Don't feel like playing in a crucial game 'cause of Daddy." The vulturistic media would have had a field day with that one. Nor is he going to use it as an excuse, but it doesn't stop it existing. Emotional stress exerts itself sub-consciously, it's not as if the thought process is "Been tackled - Dad got jailed - kick him." He may not even make the connection until he thinks back in a few days/weeks. Nor does it mean it's a cause, but it's ludicrous to suggest it's just an excuse when all of the evidence would appear to point towards it, rather than your sensationalist, lack of evidential arguments.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

And Terry ******** a teammates missus is going to have such a good ******* effect on morale in the England camp, which changes things on the pitch. Yet you're not criticising him for that, are you?

Im not criticising Terry because Bridge wasen't in the England squad in the first place, he wasen't with the girl when this alleged affair took place and the affair is still alleged. The only person i should have effected was Terry's wife and kids.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

So you hate someone on the basis of his football? ****** ****.

What other basis can i judge them on??? I dont know them personly and never will.

Im not criticising Terry because Bridge wasen't in the England squad in the first place, he wasen't with the girl when this alleged affair took place and the affair is still alleged. The only person i should have effected was Terry's wife and kids.

It effected the entire squad, the players virtualy said as much, it led to fractions within the camp