7/10/11: Montenegro vs England European Championship Qualifying - KO 20:00

The Times called Rooney "An Idiot Abroad"

I Lol'd

I think one of the papers this morning said it correctly, last night was a test of discapline and Rooney failed that bigtime. I think it shows he hasen't grown up as much as he should have yet.

load of *****. ive seen lampard gerrard etc kick out at people and get sent off. yet only roony gets castigated

load of *****. ive seen lampard gerrard etc kick out at people and get sent off. yet only roony gets castigated

Rooney gets castigated because he has form for things like this in the past and you would have thought he would have learnt. I used to love Rooney not so long ago, seriously was my favourite player not to play for Chelsea but recent years i have started to hate him with a passion.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

The Times called Rooney "An Idiot Abroad"

I Lol'd

Its a very good headline indeed.

Because he's our best player, and apparently we can't do anything without him, and because of this he isn't allowed to be imperfect, so he shall therefore be abused for everything he does that isn't brilliant.

It's a funny way of appreciating the best player really, abusing him unfairly.

Rooney gets castigated because he has form for things like this in the past and you would have thought he would have learnt. I used to love Rooney not so long ago, seriously was my favourite player not to play for Chelsea but recent years i have started to hate him with a passion.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Its a very good headline indeed.

bollocks, he got sent off for england 5 years ago. that is a such a weak argument. Given the kind of **** Terry has got upto, I wonder if you hate him too. Thought not

Wait, so you castigate the person with previous form of this type of thing rather than the ones who for which it is out of character? How does that work?

And also, **** me you really need to work out your life if you 'hate' a footballer who you've never met in your entire life.

Wait, so you castigate the person with previous form of this type of thing rather than the ones who for which it is out of character? How does that work?

And also, **** me you really need to work out your life if you 'hate' a footballer who you've never met in your entire life.

It works because he should have sorted it out, he gave the media an easy story and let down his teammates simple as that. Im allowed to hate whoever i want, i also hate Stephan Hunt, Carlos Tevez and Rafa Benitez.

Its not just for country though is it thats my point.

Gerrard is worse for club, he has form, so does terry, and even cole. Could say the same abut several ther non english players, yet time and again its only rooney who gets hauled over the coals. its bollocks

It works because he should have sorted it out, he gave the media an easy story and let down his teammates simple as that. Im allowed to hate whoever i want, i also hate Stephan Hunt, Carlos Tevez and Rafa Benitez.

It works because you have double standards because he is similar to terry, yet you dont hate terry

Because he's our best player, and apparently we can't do anything without him, and because of this he isn't allowed to be imperfect, so he shall therefore be abused for everything he does that isn't brilliant.

It's a funny way of appreciating the best player really, abusing him unfairly.

There is a fine line between imperfect and stupidity and what Rooney did last night was the latter. I don't understand why some people believe our euros campaign is doomed without him because yes he is good but I don't think he's what makes the team click. Having said that, the current team probably haven't clicked but the lack of Rooney could benefit some players.

It works because you have double standards because he is similar to terry, yet you dont hate terry

I dont see how he is simular to Terry at all, both have made mistakes off the field which dosen't bother me at all. I couldn't care less what they do off the field but Rooney's temperment on the field is still very poor.

'Simple as' nothing. Some things you can't fix, but Rooney's worked hard at improving his temperament and it has definitely paid off. Today was a relapse, yes, but that's the price you pay for accommodating Rooney's talent. Take the rough with the smooth.

And yes, you're ALLOWED to hate anyone you want, I'm just saying it's completely pathetic that you 'hate' people you've never even met.

I dont wanna see an England player let himself and his teammates down at any level whether its for club or country.

So why dont you hate terry then? he has let himself down a number of times. Sorry but the reaction to this has me seriously wound up, smacks of double standard from all sides

There is a fine line between imperfect and stupidity and what Rooney did last night was the latter. I don't understand why some people believe our euros campaign is doomed without him because yes he is good but I don't think he's what makes the team click. Having said that, the current team probably haven't clicked but the lack of Rooney could benefit some players.

First line was sarcasm.

Plenty of players in history have done equally stupid acts and not generated this level of interest.

I dont see how he is simular to Terry at all, both have made mistakes off the field which dosen't bother me at all. I couldn't care less what they do off the field but Rooney's temperment on the field is still very poor.

its really not, otherwise he would get sent off more often. oh wait he doesnt

I dont wanna see an England player let himself and his teammates down at any level whether its for club or country.

Well then you're being unreasonable. Everyone makes mistakes; asking England players not to is ridiculous.

'Simple as' nothing. Some things you can't fix, but Rooney's worked hard at improving his temperament and it has definitely paid off. Today was a relapse, yes, but that's the price you pay for accommodating Rooney's talent. Take the rough with the smooth.

And yes, you're ALLOWED to hate anyone you want, I'm just saying it's completely pathetic that you 'hate' people you've never even met.

Let us not forget the stuff with his Dad either, it's surely no coincidence that when his Dad gets arrested, is the first time he's been sent off in a number of years. It's easy to say that shouldn't affect him, but every single person has a naturally embedded way of dealing with emotional stress, and no one in this world is capable of reading into that.