7/10/11: Montenegro vs England European Championship Qualifying - KO 20:00

See this is what happens when you don't play Bobotov, will be interesting to see who will plug the Rooney hole when the Euros come around. Fair play to Montenegro though, they're a tidy little side, amazing performance in the qualifiers for a Country with a population of about 550,000.

Gerrard or Wilshere i assume

It is quite astounding that Montenegro have managed to come up with two top-class strikers (plus Delibasic who's very handy) and we've just got Rooney.

Yup, I hope they qualify, Uruguay are just another example of a small nation doing well internationally although they're 10 times the size of Montenegro population wise. I suppose if they put the right coaching in a youth level, you will see results.

It is quite astounding that Montenegro have managed to come up with two top-class strikers (plus Delibasic who's very handy) and we've just got Rooney.

And the Zamoranator, obviously.

Just?!

We "just" have Kenny Miller ;)

Yup, I hope they qualify, Uruguay are just another example of a small nation doing well internationally although they're 10 times the size of Montenegro population wise. I suppose if they put the right coaching in a youth level, you will see results.

Or lack of them, in our case.

Just?!

We "just" have Kenny Miller ;)

But you also have Barry Bannan. Case closed.

Montenegro's succes is more remarkable, though, as Uruguay is a nation with a tradition that goes a long way when it comes to football.

Not the first time an English player has picked a silly red card, and certainly not the last. It's not his fault if we get knocked out early, though. The country actually produces a lot of genuinely talented players but has never been able to make them combine. If we don't succeed in 2012,and persoally i dont think we will then it's not Rooney's fault, it's the team's for not being able to survive without him. Its never just about one person, but the entire squad, with players like Gerrard and Wilshere who can play in the hole, if we cant cope for 1 or 2 games without him, we have no business being at the sharp end of the tournament

Argentina aren't what they could be, but they've gotten further than us without an on form Leo Messi; with very few attempts made to actually construct a team around him, which might be a big temptation.

England were playing badly, and when Wayne Rooney is on the side of a team playing badly he has an occaisonal tendency to do idiotic things. This is not a headline. He just can't stand things not going his way, and whether or not you think that is character flaw the fact is he's the best we've got.

This country should not have to rely on one player. We just did that last year, and no one seems to have learned anything.

Argentina aren't what they could be, but they've gotten further than us without an on form Leo Messi; with very few attempts made to actually construct a team around him, which might be a big temptation.

And look what happened when they did, in the Copa, on home soil.

The comments are hurting my eyes.
How can so many stupid people find the same page on the internet? It's rather miraculous.

They all have one thing in common, they read the sun.

I think one of the papers this morning said it correctly, last night was a test of discapline and Rooney failed that bigtime. I think it shows he hasen't grown up as much as he should have yet.

I think one of the papers this morning said it correctly, last night was a test of discapline and Rooney failed that bigtime. I think it shows he hasen't grown up as much as he should have yet.

If they truly believed it was a test of discipline, they would have called it as that beforehand.

Paper wildly exaggerating to get a story, who'd have thought?