• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 137
  • Views Views 26K
November

images

• [*=left]Madrid beat Bilbao in tight contest, whilst Malaga beat Barca
    [*=left]Atletico Madrid sack Simeone, Abel Resino takes the hot seat
    [*=left]Bilbao get Barcelona in the Spanish Cup 5th round
    [*=left]Susaeta given 1st Spain cap, then scores in his second appearance for them
    [*=left]Sevilla sack Michel
    [*=left]Bilbao qualify from Champions League group top with game against United to spare!

Not the best month for sure. So first up was Real Madrid, and they dominated us to be fair and it would have been a lot worse if it wasn't for Etxaniz in goal. Next up Standard in the Champions league, and I fielded the kids again and Perez bagged us the winner. He's turning out to be a good player for us this year already!! Espanyol were brushed aside with ease. Leganes next and Perez turned it on again as we won comfortably with the kids playing once more. Real Betis scored a victory over us, the we had Sporting in the Champions League and victory would secure qualification. We were 3-0 up at half-time and the rest is history.

La Liga

Real Madrid 1 - 0 Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 252398View attachment 252399

Athletic Bilbao 3 - 0 Espanyol

Muniain, Llorente, Amat OG

Real Betis 3 - 2 Athletic Bilbao

Llorente, Azpilicueta

Spanish Cup 2nd Leg

Atheltic Bilbao 3 - 0 Leganes

Perez(2), Iraola

Champions League

Standard 1 - 2 Athletic Bilbao

Saul, Perez

View attachment 252419View attachment 252420

Athletic Bilbao 3 - 1 Sporting (POR)

Muniain(2), Llorente

Player Of The Month

Patricio Perez

View attachment 252475

Tables

View attachment 252476View attachment 252477

Yeah, but I just could't not have them :P. Plus there wasn't any other Basque players around really, and had £32M just sitting there.

Aha couldn't you sell they guy?! You have plenty of money though!! £600M I believe lol

Nobody was interested in buying him. At one point he was valued at £30m but then he got two bad injuries and his stats plummeted so I just thought it be best to get rid.

December

images

• [*=left]Simeone takes Sevilla job
    [*=left]Benitez sacked by Arsenal
    [*=left]Llorente nominated for World Golden Ball (stands no chance of getting it though)
    [*=left]van Gaal takes Arsenal job
    [*=left]Bilbao get PSG in Champions League 1st Knockout Round, Sunderland also somehow made it through there group and will face the one and only Barcelona
    [*=left]Barca still struggling in the league though due to Messi breaking his foot

Kicked off the month with a frustrating draw against Sporting, Then we welcomed Barcelona to the San Mames and Muniain grabbed us a draw with a brilliant header. We scored a much needed victory over Racing by the skin of our teeth thanks to Iturrapse's goal after we went down to 10 men. We then travelled to Manchester for a meaningless game as both us and United were already through but they gave us a right good spanking handing me my biggest loss with Bilbao. Hercules then came to visit and I thought maybe we could take our frustrations out on them.... not so much, a 2-0 win was the best we could do and this month was quickly becoming my most frustrating at Bilbao. We weren't scoring as much as usual and Llorente was performing badly. I called a team meeting and let the lads know that we were doing okay but need to up it even more to make this season a success. The I dragged Llorente in on his own and told him that he hasn't been doing well lately and he needs to up it, he agreed that he hasn't been at his best and promised to turn it around. He certainly meant it banging in 2 goals against Mallorca before Iraola got sent off and Mallorca pulled one back before half time. Perez gave us a much needed cushion with a header. Our final match before the winter break was against Granada and we battled to a hard fought 3 points and won thanks to Herrera brace.

La Liga

Athletic Bilbao 1 - 1 Sporting

Llorente

Athletic Bilbao 1 - 1 Barcelona

Muniain

Racing 0 - 1 Athletic Bilbao

Iturrapse

View attachment 252493View attachment 252494

Athletic Bilbao 2 - 0 Hercules

Muniain, Benat

Athletic Bilbao 3 - 1 Mallorca

Llorente(2), Perez

View attachment 252505View attachment 252506

Granada 1 - 2 Athletic Bilbao

Herrera(2)

Champions League

Manchester United 5 - 2 Athletic Bilbao

Susaeta, Iturrapse

Player Of The Month

Iker Muniain

images

Only consistent performer this month, flourishing after I changed his role to an Inside Forward

Tables

January

images

• [*=left]David Villa wins World Player of the Year and World Golden Ball
    [*=left]PSG bid £9 million for Herrera (rejected of course)
    [*=left]Susaeta out for 5 weeks
    [*=left]Bilbao looking good in the Spanish Cup
    [*=left]Cesar Azpilicueta out for 5 weeks

Very good month eliminating Barcelona and Espanyol from the Spanish Cup. Araburu and Perez were on top form against Espanyol, they're looking like quality players already. Our loss to Valencia was okay as Barca drew with Granada and Malaga lost to Real Sociedad. Real Madrid were killed by our counter attacking play and look all but out

Transfer Out : Carlos Gurpegi £250k to Sporting. Not in my plans, wanted him off the wages

Transfers In : None

La Liga

Athletic Bilbao 3 - 1 Las Palmas

Muniain(2), Susaeta

Valencia 3 - 2 Athletic Bilbao

Llorente, Benat

Spanish Cup

Athletic Bilbao 2 - 0 Barcelona

Muniain, Llorente

Barcelona 2- 1 Athletic Bilbao
Bilbao win 3-2 on aggregate

Llorente

View attachment 252527

Athletic Bilbao 1 - 0 Espanyol

Llorente

Espanyol 1 - 5 Athletic Bilbao

Bilbao win 6-1 on aggregate

San Jose(2), Araburu(2), Iraola

View attachment 252533View attachment 252534

Athletic Bilbao 4 - 0 Real Madrid

Muniain, Aranzubu, Ramos OG, San Jose

View attachment 252545

Player Of The Month

Mikel San Jose

images

Solid at the back and chipped in with a few goals too

Table

View attachment 252546

Last edited:
February

images

• [*=left]Real Madrid running away with the league
    [*=left]Bilbao through to Spanish Cup final in most dramatic way possible!!!!
    [*=left]Malaga, Barca and Bilbao battling it out for second, third and fourth
    [*=left]Muniain out for 2 months, time for Perez to step up

So an okay month I guess, we kicked things off against Atletico Madrid and despite a late rally from them we managed to take the three points. Then the second leg against Real Madrid, we were 4-0 down at half-time and I feared the worst! The they went 5-0 up but as late as late can be San Jose popped up to bundle the ball over the line to ****** a win on away goals! The tough run didn't stop as we then had Barcelona in the league and David Villa showed us just why he won both World Player awards to send us down to fourth pace in the league as they jumped up to second. Then we welcomed under-performing Sevilla to the San Mames, they were thirteenth under Simeone and he was in danger of being sacked. We didn't help spanking them 4-0, and to make things even better for us we were back up to second after Barca lost to Atletico Madrid and Malaga drew with Betis. We then travelled to France to face PSG, Sakho done us a massive favour getting himself sent off before half time but it took us until the 80th minute to get in front thanks to San Jose. So we bagged a vital away goal and had the lead to take back to Bilbao.

La Liga

Athletic Bilbao 3 - 2 Atletico Madrid

Llorente(2), Saul

View attachment 252561

Barcelona 3 - 0 Athletic Bilbao

Athletic Bilbao 4 - 0 Sevilla

Llorente(2), Benat, Muniain

View attachment 252609

Villarreal 3 - 4 Athletic Bilbao

Llorente(2), Saul, De Marcos

View attachment 252607

Spanish Cup

Real Madrid 5 - 1 Athletic Bilbao
Bilbao through on away goals

San Jose
View attachment 252563

Champions League

PSG 0 - 1 Athletic Bilbao

San Jose

Player Of The Month

Fernando Llorente

images

Consistent and plenty of goals

Table

View attachment 252608

Last edited:
March

images

• [*=left]Villarreal sack Molina
    [*=left]Felipe Garcia Martin finaly scores after his drought
    [*=left]Bilbao knocked out of Europe
    [*=left]Messi returns for Barca, Madrid still running away with league
    [*=left]New youth intake, but no-one stands out
    [*=left]Win over Malaga pretty much confirms top 4 finish
    [*=left]Vasco derby ends in a stalemate again

We kicked off the month with a good win over Deportivo, and I started Garcia Martin up top. The lad didn't disappoint me banging in two goals (one a penalty). Then another another 2 wins in the league was followed by heartbreak against PSG as Garcia Martin missed a penalty which would have sent us through. Instead the tie went all the way to a penalty shootout and it was Herrera who turned out to be the villan as he crashed his spot-kick against the crossbar. Back to the league against Mallorca and we produced a miraculous comeback to steal the 3 points, and a solid win against Malaga boosted morale. Then it was the Vasco derby, and it ended in a stalemate again.

The youth intake wasn't great this year and none of them will become future stars so I wont bother posting any screenshots of them.​

La Liga

Athletic Bilbao 2 - 0 Deportivo

Garcia Martin(2)

View attachment 252765

Athletic Bilbao 2 - 0 Osasuna

Llorente(2)

View attachment 252767

Getafe 0 - 2 Athletic Bilbao

Llorente(2)

Mallorca 1 - 2 Atheltic Bilbao

Llorente, De Marcos

View attachment 252768

Athletic Bilbao 1 - 0 Malaga

San Jose

Real Sociedad 0 - 0 Athletic Bilbao

Champions League

PSG 1 - 0 Athletic Bilbao
PSG win 5-4 on penalties

View attachment 252766

Player of the Month

Fernando Llorente

images

5 Goals this month for the big man, no-one else really stood out

Table

View attachment 252759

Last edited:
Are people still reading this? Any suggestions?

Yeah mate course, cant believe your almost done with your second season cutting through them haha!

I am still following. Haven't posted before on the story but its going good. Keep it up.

Cheers guys should be another update tonight hopefully

Along with Klippy's, this is the story I check the most! :)

April

images

• [*=left]Bilbao throw away 2 goal lead over Real Madrid
    [*=left]Susaeta seasons over, Patricio Perez also injured for 3 weeks
    [*=left]Autenetxe joins them on the injury table for 7 weeks
    [*=left]Real Madrid smash Sevilla 9-0!!!!!
    [*=left]Aranburu out for 3 months also and Ekiza for 7 weeks
    [*=left]Real Madrid win the league

The amount of players that got injured this month was stupid. I'm glad we've pretty much wrapped up third in the league, but we may suffer in the Spanish Cup. Real Madrid wrapped up the league this month but we're still snapping on Barcelona's heels waiting for them to slip up. Llorente was on scary form this month too which is always helpful!

La Liga

Athletic Bilbao 3 - 3 Real Madrid

Llorente(3)

View attachment 252891

Espanyol 1 - 3 Athletic Bilbao

Susaeta, San Jose, Aranburu

Athletic Bilbao 2 - 2 Betis

Benat, Muniain

Sporting 1 - 3 Atheltic Bilbao

Llorente(2), Aranburu

Athletic Bilbao 3 - 0 Racing

Herrera, Llorente, Ruiz

Hercules 2 - 3 Athletic Bilbao

Llorente(3)

Player Of The Month

Fernando Llorente (again)

images

Two hat-tricks plus all the others speaks for itself

Table

View attachment 252892

If you guys are wondering what I did with the two regens I signed in January I sent them to my B team. Will post all my young stars profiles next month so we can all see how they're doing :)

May

images

• [*=left]Deportivo, Hercules and Getafe relegated
    [*=left]Man United win EPL again
    [*=left]Sevilla beat Man City in Euro Cup Final!
    [*=left]Barcelona win Champions League

So guys I'm not going to do my usual description here, I don't want to give away whether or not we caught Barca and the result of the Spanish Cup Final. Enjoy ;)

La Liga

Athletic Bilbao 1 - 1 Granada

Muniain

Las Palmas 1 - 1 Athletico Bilbao

Llorente

Athletic Bilbao 1 - 1 Valencia

San Jose

So we flopped massively, three 1-1 draw in matches we could have easily one meant we'd have to settle for 3rd again. Now lets see if we could get at least one trophy for the fans this season.

Spanish Cup

Athletic Bilbao 2 - 1 Valencia
AET

Llorente, Amorebieta

View attachment 252926

YES!!! So dramatic once again but we done it, and deserved it as well. We dominated them the whole game, Jonas' goal was an absolute beaut though.

Table

View attachment 252922

End Of Season Awards

La Liga Top Scorer

1. Fernando Llorente
2. Cristiano Ronaldo
3. David Villa

View attachment 252916

Spanish League Player Of The Year

1. Angel Di Maria
2. Xavi
3. Gonzalo Higuain

View attachment 252917

La Liga Top Spanish Scorer

1. Fernando Llorente
2. David Villa
3. Alvaro Negrado

View attachment 252918

La Liga Goalkeeper Of The Year

1. Victor Valdes
2. Iker Casilles
3. Carlos Kameni

View attachment 252919

La Liga Manager Of The Year

1. Pep Gaurdiola
2. Sam Birch
3. Andre Villa Boas

View attachment 252920

La Liga Young Player Of The Year

1. Iker Muniain
2. Nelson Oliviera
3. Patricio Perez!!!!

View attachment 252921

Champions League Goal Of The Season

1. Saul (Athletic) vs Manchester United

View attachment 252930

Europe's Top Marksman

1. Fernando Llorente
2. Cristiano Ronaldo
3. David Villa

View attachment 252932

The Sam Birch Awards

Managers Player Of The Season

Fernando Llorente

images

Young Player Of The Season

Patricio Perez

View attachment 252927

Breakthrough Player Of The Season

Jose Maria Etxaniz

View attachment 252929

I don't have a clue how Pep got Manager of the Year, Barca were disappointing I'd say. Real ran away with it. But the highlight for me was Patricio Perez coming 3rd for the Young Player of the Season. I dunno how Muniain got 1st with all his injuries but I guess that goes to show you how important he is to Bilbao.

The board also announced that they're going to upgrade the youth facilities and we got a new sponsorship deal as well.

I'm really enjoying this save and I'm going continue it for a long time, I hope you guys are enjoying my first story too.

Last edited:
unlucky on the league mate, theres always next year ;) and nice cup win, top class story

Regen Update

Alex Aranburu

View attachment 252967

Jose Maria Etxaniz

View attachment 252969

Patricio Perez

View attachment 252972

Felipe Garcia Martin

View attachment 252974

Jacinto Rivas

View attachment 252975

So the one I'm most excited about is Etxaniz. He established himself as my number 1 last season and will be for many years to come. Valencia bid £1.2 Million for him but I told them I wanted £200M, that put them off. Patricio Perez proved a decent backup for Muniain last season. Alex Aranburu chipped in with a few goals too and was a good fill in for Susaeta. Jacinto Rivas spent last season out on loan, and I've trained him to be a centre midfielder. I'm going to try and loan him out again this year, then next year will be Javi Martinez's back up. Lastly Felipe Garcia Martin proved to be a decent super sub last year, sometimes if we were struggling with goals I switched up our formation to a 4-2-4(wingers) with him and Llorente up top together, and it worked wonders at times.

Anyway hope you all enjoyed this post, pre-season and August update will be up later today​

Last edited:
Pre Season and August

• [*=left]Fernando Llorente wins Fans Player of the Year
    [*=left]AVB leaves Malaga for Bayern Muich
    [*=left]Bilbao joint 3rd favourite for the title... but once again I can see us falling short
    [*=left]Etxaniz sings new contract with £150M get out clause

So I'll start off with everthing that happened in pre season, Athletic Bilbao made a nice jump up the rich list. We're now the 15th richest club in the world.
I got a bid for young left back Salva Ruiz from Man City but the young lad wasn't going anywhere, I swiftly rejected the bid. I see the lad as our future left back and Man City offered a measly £2.2M.

So the start of the season began and I was given a load of money to work with, but no real stand out players to spend it on. I went for Champions League qualification which should be pretty simple, but I'm really hoping we can ****** 2nd .

We had our Best 11 announced as well, I'm glad to see Etxaniz in there. He was easily the better keeper and is going to be starting from now on without a doubt.

Transfers Ins and Outs

A lot of youth players and fringe players left. No-one immense coming in, a few prospects.

View attachment 253010

Pre Season Friendlies

Chelsea 2 - 1 Athletic Bilbao

Ivanovic OG

Derby 1 - 1 Athletic Bilbao

Fielding OG

Athletic Bilbao 1 - 2 Standard

Jacobs OG

So yeah and AWFUL pre season. We were struggling to score goals, and looked dodgy at the back. I was fearing the worst for our Spanish Super Cup tie with Real Madrid... lets see how that went.

Spanish Super Cup

Athletic Bilbao 1 - 0 Real Madrid

Muniain

Real Madrid 1 - 1 Athletic Bilbao

Herrera

View attachment 253008

YES!!! Another cup competition we've won and our good form over Real Madrid continues!! We dominated the 1st leg but the 2nd was a lot more nervous times. Ronaldo kept skinning out defence but Etxaniz was on top form denying him time and time again.

La Liga

Athletic Bilba 1 - 1 Villarreal

Llorente

Gutted, should have won it we dominated it and San Jose missed an open goal from a corner. Never mind.

Player of the Month

Jose Maria Etxaniz

View attachment 253009

Purely for his performance against Real Madrid.

Wont bother uploading a La Liga table pic. Only played one game.​

Champions League Group Draw

Manchester United

CSKA Moscow

Athletic Bilbao

Steaua

So for the second year running we draw United, tough trip to Russia too :/, we'll see how it goes​

September

images

• [*=left]Barcelona maintain 100% record, Madrid 2 points behind
    [*=left]Bilbao patchy form continue
    [*=left]No injuries this month for once

La Liga

Athletic Bilbao 2 - 0 Rayo

Labaka OG, Garcia Martin

Malaga 1 - 3 Athletic Bilbao

Muniain, Martin OG, Llorente

Levante 1 - 4 Athletic Bilbao

Llorente, Muniain, Susaeta, Garcia Martin

Athletic Bilbao 1 - 2 Sevilla

Benat

Champions League

Athletic Bilbao 1 - Steaua

Miclea OG

An okay month, the loss to Sevilla was disappointing but the win over Malaga was a nice suprise. They seem the be in a real slump since AVB left. I would have preferred a bigger win over Steaua but never mind, 3 points is 3 points.​

Player of the Month

Iker Muniain

images

Top form this month, if it continues and he can avoid injury we stand a chance of breaking into the top 2 this year

Table

View attachment 253351

October

images

• [*=left]Trip to Moscow and Manchester this month
    [*=left]Easy league run-in but how did we do?
    [*=left]Atletico Madrid sack their manager and offer me the job

La Liga

Las Palmes 1 - 3 Athletic Bilbao

Aranburu, Muniain, San Jose

Athletic Bilbao 5 - 1 Osasuna

Llorente(4), Herrerea

View attachment 253501

Granada 0 - 1 Athletic Bilbao

Llorente

Champions League

CSKA Moscow 0 - 0 Athletic Bilbao

Manchester United 3 - 2 Athletic Bilbao

Llorente, Muniain

View attachment 253500

Spanish Cup

Castellon 0 - 1 Athletic Bilbao

Perez

Decent month. League form was very good, but the Champions League game against United was frustrating!! 2-0 up and threw it away. I don't know why Muniain was taking the penalties I thought I had Llorente taking them. The away game to CSKA was a good result I'd say. But the Osasuna match was the highlight with Llorente destroying them almost single handedly. Granada gave us a really tough match, I was pleased to get 3 points off them.

Player of the Month

Fernando Llorente

images

Goal machine this month, well deserved

Tables

View attachment 253503View attachment 253504

Hope people are still following and enjoying!

Please Comment :)

Still following and still enjoying it, keep up the good work. You are taking on a different way with them which is good and I hope people don't think about the KLIPPYBO story when reading this. One thing I will say though is lets hope you get an Aitor!

Back