Mate this is epic!! :D
cheers mate |) the updates were longer and much more detailed but i pressed the backspace button by mistake and had to do it again so i though **** it- cause it had taken me 2 hours

cheers mate |) the updates were longer and much more detailed but i pressed the backspace button by mistake and had to do it again so i though **** it- cause it had taken me 2 hours

I dont blame you! :L but this is one **** of a story mate :) if u get 5minutes cud you take a look at mine?,but will be following this after looking and reading through the pages! :D

I dont blame you! :L but this is one **** of a story mate :) if u get 5minutes cud you take a look at mine?,but will be following this after looking and reading through the pages! :D
i was so annoyed !!! :S will try and makes the updates more detailed in future. I'll have a look now

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:24 PM ----------

bbcsport.jpg

picture.php

Carling Cup 2nd round round-up Part 1

This is the round-up of the Carling Cup 2nd round results played by the Premier League teams that did not qualify for Europe last season. Let's review the results, who they were playing and if they made it through to he next round.

Millwall 0-4 Fulham, The Den
Murphy (Pen 9), Shittu O.G. (52), Kamara (88), Davies (90+1)
2206407805-fulham-s-danny-murphy-celebrates-team-mates-scoring-penalty-against.jpg
A man of the match performance from Fulham captain Danny Murphy inspired his side to a much needed 4-0 win against Championship side Millwall, Fulham changed around their formation to a 4-3-2-1 formation making 6 changes to the side's awful display against West Brom on Saturday. Moussa Dembele replaced Bobby Zamora upfront and lead the line well.

In this 4-3-2-1 formation Fulham were able to dominate the midfield in the trio of Danny Murphy, Scott Brown and Steve Sidwell this was shown in the possession stats with Fulham having 60% of possession. Danny Murphy took the penalty after Clint Dempsey was brought down. Fulham contuined to pressure but just couldn't find that elusive 2nd goal and 1-0 it stayed till half time. It was 2-0 7 minutes after the break with Danny Shittu heading the ball into his own net.

2-0 just wasn't enough for Fulham, they clearly were starting to play with a bit of a swagger something that was missing against West Brom, it was 3-0 after 88 minutes when Diomansy Kamara, Kamara was making his comeback from an achilles injury and volley the ball into the back of the net from a Simon Davies free-kick. Kamara then paid Davies the favour back after playing the through ball for Davies to take the ball around the keeper and tap the ball home.

Mark Hughes' afterthoughts

"We are poor against West Brom, the worst performance I’ve seen for a long long time. I held a meeting with my assistant and we discussed how the team could improve. Demble and Kamara really staked a place to be in my first 11 for the fame against Wigan at the weekend. After about an hour we came up that we needed a change in formation, we signed some very talented players in the summer like Ryan Babel and Scott Brown for example, and I know it’s only a matter of time before the team just clicks and we start moving up the table.”

Newcastle 1-0 Preston, St. James' Park
Legear (74)

newcastle-united-fans-736190017.jpg

Newcastle were less than impressive despite the victory tonight, Preston were just 15 minutes away from stunning the newly promoted Premier League side, Newcastle rested key players Andy Carroll, captain Kevin Nolan and Joey Barton, Ameobi , Max Gradel and Alan Smith stood in for the rested players. Jonathan Legear scored the only game of the game which was his 1st goal for the club from a Hatem Ben Arfa cross.
With Jonathan Legear running the show for Pardew’s side in the 4-5-1 formation, the new signing ran the show for Pardew’s side when they did actually start to perform which was for the last 20 minutes they still didn’t look any better than a fairly average side, even though you need to win without playing well if you are to stay in the Premier League, I just can’t see Newcastle doing that if they play as poor as this every week. Before Legear’s goal most of the St. James Park faithful left at half-time because the showing was so poor boos were heard from every corner of the stadium. Preston really should have been 2 or 3-0 up at half-time because time after time the Championship side carved open Newcastle’s defence but the finishing was poor.

Alan Pardew’s Afterthoughts

“This has got to be one of the worst performances in Newcastle United’s history, we were sloppy, we gave the ball away, we were a yard of the pace, they carved open our defence time after time, it is absolutely disgraceful to think that I am Newcastle manager after a showing as poor as this. The fans were clearly unhappy as boos were being heard all around the stadium. Even though we got the win in the end it doesn’t do Preston justice as I felt that they deserved to win, not us. It’s good that we can win when playing absolutely dreadful but we don’t want performances like that every week even if we do win. In the dressing room after the game I had a massive go at the lads and told them that this wasn’t good enough and things have to change if we are to stay in the Premier League.”

Peterborough 2-2 Sunderland, London Road

Peterborough win 4-3 on Pens

Takak (69), Whelpdale (90+5) – Gyan (55, 90+1)

sunderland-players-show-their-frustration-against-west-ham-united-684425012.jpg

It was easy to see that this was a very entertaining match with Championship side Peterborough causing the first upset of the night, a great match for the neutrals and other fans alike that think the Carling Cup is not a major competition. This match didn’t really get going until after half time when it was all action. Asamoah Gyan gave Sunderland the lead after 55 minutes after a good attacking move from Sunderland as Gyan’s striker partner Jay Bothroyd played a lovely through ball for the Ghanaian to **** the ball over the keeper. That really spurred Peterborough into life and equalised just 14 minutes later when Jasar Takak turned and shot from just outside the area as the ball fired in to Simon Mignolet’s top left corner just out of the keepers reach.

It stayed 1-1 until the 1st minute of injury time when Gyan got his 2nd of the game which he felt had to be the match winner but it wasn’t to be as Whelpdale equalised with just 30 seconds remaining. That sent the game into extra time where both sides pushed for that 3rd goal but no one could find it and the match headed to penalties which Peterborough won after Bothroyd, Richardson and Welbeck missed which saw Sunderland crash out at the 1st hurdle.

Steve Bruce’s Afterthoughts

Yet again we gave away the lead twice just like at Wigan at the weekend, in the summer I brought in Wes Brown and Ledley King to try and tighten the defence but at the moment it just simply hasn’t worked. I’m sorry for the fans; they were expecting us to beat Peterborough quite comfortably but all credit to Peterborough they didn’t give us any time on the ball and at times we lost concentration, I felt Titus lost concentration a couple of times and he was at fault for their 2nd goal and the goalkeeper should be doing better. When it comes down to penalties you’ve got a 50-50 chance of scoring and you need a lot of luck which unfortunately wasn’t our side today.”

Plymouth 2-1 Blackpool, Home Park
Mason (40), Arnason (69) - Grandin (76)

20165f970826500.jpg.jpg
Blackpool became the 2nd Premier League side to be knocked out of the Carling Cup; the newly promoted side were knocked out by League 1 outfit Plymouth. Blackpool were beaten 2-1 by Plymouth, Holloway was met with a round of applause as he returned to Home Park for the first time since leaving the club. Joe Mason put the hosts ahead against the run of play after an error from Gary Kenneth. As Blackpool pushed forward trying to equalise, Plymouth hit Blackpool on the counter attack yet again as Kari Arnason calmly side footed the ball into an empty net.

Ian Holloway brought on Elliot Grandin to try and carve a Blackpool comeback; Grandin did exactly what his manager asked of him and got a goal back for his side with 15 minutes to go, which gave Blackpool real hope. Blackpool threw everyone forward after Grandins goal but Blackpool couldn’t find an equaliser and 2-1 it stayed.

Ian Holloway Afterthought

“It’s always an emotional night when you return to one of your former clubs, I appreciate the fans for the round of applause they greeted me with. And fair play to Plymouth they worked hard and were organised, and hit us on the counter attack twice scoring 2 goals. They withstood almost everything we threw at them, it was a great performance from Plymouth, but my boys just couldn’t find an equaliser.

Southampton 0-4 Bolton, St. Mary's
Petrov (10), Davies (18), Chung-Yong (23), Fletcher (90)

photo_verybig_120533.jpg

A man of the match performance from Martin Petrov inspired Bolton to a dominant 4-0 win over lacklustre Southampton side, Petrov who signed for Bolton in the summer for a free after he was released from Man City, Petrov was brought in by Owen Coyle to try and push the Trotters into Europe and if he performs like this every week there is no reason why not.
Petrov got Bolton off to a flyer after racing clear of the Southampton defence and cutting inside to place the ball into the bottom corner after 10 minutes. It was 2-0 after just 18 minutes when Bolton captain Kevin Davies beat the keeper at the near post from a corner. Bolton continued to bomb forward and Lee Chung-Yong made it 3-0 on the 25 minute mark as he pounced on a rebound from a Martin Petrov shot. 3-0 was the score at half time. After half time Bolton eased off the gas a little but still Southampton could not get the ball off this Bolton side. It was 4 when Steven Fletcher on loan from Wolves tapped the ball home from yet another Petrov cross.

Owen Coyle afterthought
“This was the best attacking display I have seen in my managerial career, the players were in the right mind set, we dominated Southampton from start to finish, it was an outstanding performance. A lot of the credit has to go to Martin he played a role in 3 of the goals not much more you can ask for much more from a winger, Martin is really showing what he can do after struggling to get into the side at Manchester City but he kept the mental strength and is determined to come here and show what he can do, and long may his form continue.”

Wigan 4-0 Watford, The DW
Pratley (11), De Ridder (20,71), Alcaraz (46)

article-1244662-07EFBEA8000005DC-270_306x458.jpg

Daniel De Ridder struck twice as Wigan brushed aside Watford to advance to the Carling Cup 3rd round. New signing Darren Pratley got his 1st goal for the club as he headed in a free-kick from Bradley Johnson; it was 2-0 just 9 minutes later as Daniel De Ridder got his 1st goal off the night after rounding the keeper to tap the ball home. Watford were handed a lifeline when they were given a penalty after Emerson Boyce was sent off after an absolute shocker of a tackle by the full-back, John Eustace stepped up by saw Wigan keeper Ali-Al Habsi save it. 2-0 was the score at half time.

Wigan came steaming out of the blocks just like they did in the 1st half and scored just 1 minute after the restart after Antolin Alcaraz headed home from yet another Bradley Johnson free-kick. Watford came back into the game after that and should have scored as striker Danny Graham rattled the crossbar and then was denied again by the amazing reflexes from Wigan’s Al-Habsi. De Ridder grabbed his 2nd of the game after 70 minutes when he side-footed the ball into the bottom left hand corner as the keeper Rene Gilmartin stood motionless. Things went from bad to worse for Watford when John Eustace was sent off on 87 minutes after picking up a second booking. A great performance from Wigan who look a shadow of the side that lost 5-1 to Birmingham on the opening day of the season.

Roberto Martinez Afterthought
It was a fantastic performance when you look at the conditions of the pitch and the goals we produced were out of this world, the style and the quality and a performance worthy of winning any cup tie. I am especially impressed with Daniel and also Bradley as well; Daniel scored 2 of the goals while Bradley assisted 2 of the goals. The fans finally got what they deserved after the embarrassing 5-1 defeat to Birmingham, this looks like a completely different side now and I feel we can go a long way in this competition, we will also improve in the league as well.”

Last edited:
this is class but jeez this must take you hour rather yout than me but im glad you have as this is great

this is class but jeez this must take you hour rather yout than me but im glad you have as this is great
cheers mate, yer it takes me long but i want this story to be a success and be remebered cause of it's original idea and comitment by the writer.

nice update earlier mate! looking forward to your updates tomorrow will keep a look out :) just updated mine and got one more update to get in before the night is done :)

nice update earlier mate! looking forward to your updates tomorrow will keep a look out :) just updated mine and got one more update to get in before the night is done :)
cheers mate, the updates take long, will have a look at urs

Some very nice transfers happening around the entire league, i also got N'Gadi and Atajic for Birmingham in my own save (i would never ever buy Almunia though XD)

Who is the right back Birmingham signed for 2.1 million pounds? You never mentioned his name, I have no idea who he is from that picture :$

Hulk at Man City is scary (6)

Kind of sad to see Lampard getting dropped, he was amazing last season

Last edited:
Some very nice transfers happening around the entire league, i also got N'Gadi and Atajic for Birmingham in my own save (i would never ever buy Almunia though XD)

Who is the right back Birmingham signed for 2.1 million pounds? You never mentioned his name, I have no idea who he is from that picture :$

Hulk at Man City is scary (6)

Kind of sad to see Lampard getting dropped, he was amazing last season

cheers, i signed Almunia just for a couple of seasons to help out the younger players i have been rotating him and Foster.

i just edited it it's Nathaniel Clyne from Crystal Palace

i know he's on fire looking liike a bargain at £18.5 million, 2 goals in 2 games and i've been playing him as left winger !!

great story have commented in ages but it great
cheers mate

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:03 PM ----------

bbcsport.jpg

picture.php

Carling Cup 2nd round round-up Part 2

This is the round-up of the Carling Cup 2nd round results played by the Premier League teams that did not qualify for Europe last season. Let's review the results, who they were playing and if they made it through to the next round.
Birmingham 2-0 Crystal Palace, St. Andrews
Derbyshire (5, 45+1)

matt_derbyshire_1703875c.jpg

One of the Blues summer signings shone as Birmingham cruised through comfortably into the next round as loan signing Matt Derbyshire netted both goals at St. Andrews in a 2-0 win against Championship side Crystal Palace. Manager Alex McLeish made 9 changes to the side that lost to Arsenal at the weekend with only wingers David Bentley and James McFadden retaining their place in the side, McLeish gave a debut to right back Nathaniel Clyne against his former club and he did not get the warmest reception from the Palace fans, Michel and Beausejour were given their home debuts.

Birmingham started the better of the 2 sides and were rewarded after just 5 minutes as Derbyshire made a brave diving header to beat Palace keeper Julian Speroni to the ball after a David Murphy cross. Birmingham were on fire here as they carved open the opposition time after time but just couldn’t put the ball in the back of the net but right on the stroke off half time when Derbyshire got his 2nd of the night as he pounced onto the rebound after Jean Beausejour had hit the post. After the break both sides cancelled each other out and the score remained 2-0.
Blackburn 3-1 Scunthorpe, Ewood Park
Goulon (29), Santa Cruz (41), Dunn (90+1) – Dagnall (60)

0,,12306~8695392,00.jpg

Herold Goulon marked his first Ewood Park start with a goal as Rovers booked their place in the Carling Cup 3rd round with a 3-1 win over Scunthorpe. The French international was signed on a free in the summer after his Le Mans contract expired, opened the scoring on 29 minutes with a peach of a goal as he scored a long range curler into the top right corner.
Rovers had many chances to increase their lead and Rovers finally took one as he was bearing on goal and slotted the ball under the Scunthorpe’s keeper’s outstretched leg to make it 2-0. But after the restart the Championship side pilled the pressure on Blackburn which was shown when Ryan Nelsen had to make a goal line clearance, however, Scunny did get 1 back just on the hour mark as Chris Dagnall raced his way through Rovers defence to coolly **** the ball over the out-rushing Frank Fielding.

Still Scunthorpe were desperate for the equaliser, but did everything right apart from but the ball in the back of the net, things got harder for the Premier League side when Brett Emerton was sent off for a reckless tackle but Blackburn legend David Dunn made the game safe in injury time as Blackburn hit Scunthorpe on the counter attack for Dunn to side foot the ball into the bottom left hand corner

Steve Kean Afterthought
“It’s been a long week and we’ve tried to get the boys on the training ground and work on a few things after not having a great start to the season. I am pleased how we looked more like a team tonight, I gave Goulon his debut and he scored a magnificent goal, Roque and David got the other 2. I am disappointed that Brett got sent off, originally i didn’t think that it was a free-kick but I’ve seen the real play and have no issues on the official’s decision.”

Brighton 1-3 Wolves, Withdean Stadium
Wood (53) – Ebanks-Blake (17), Bjarnason (43), Milijas (64)

1282409625_spt_ai_everton_wolves_06.jpg

It took 3 goals 1 each from Ebanks-Blake, Bjarnason and Milijas to see off the threat of Brighton and see Wolves through into the hat for the 3rd round draw. Manager Mick McCarthy made 6 changes from the side that lost at Chelsea at the weekend; there was a debut for Simon Church and Bjarnason while Marcus Bent and Jody Craddock got their first starts of the season. Wolves kicked off trying to attack from the off against League 1 side Brighton, it took just 17 minutes for the Premier League side to find the net when Sylvan Ebanks-Blake ran onto a through ball and hit the ball first time to power the ball past the helpless Brighton goalkeeper.

There was little threat to either goal after that but just before half-time Bjarnason tapped the ball into an open net after Marcus Bent’s blocked shot fell to the new Wolves man, 2-0 at the break. Brighton managed to get 1 back just 8 minutes after the break and it was a screamer as Chris Wood volleyed the ball home from the edge of the area, got to be a goal of the month contender. Nemand Milijas restored Wolves a 2 goal cushion on 64 minutes as he drove in a low free-kick which flew past everyone to fly into the bottom right hand side corner. 3-1 the final score.

Mick McCarthy After thought
“We played some good football, yer someone of it was alright, as you know I made changes. There were some outstanding performances Milijas and Ebanks-Blake. At the end of it we won 3-1 there’s some pluses obviously but also a couple of negatives such as conceding a goal but we’ll go away and work on some things in training before the game against Man Utd.

Everton 2-1 MK Dons (AET), Goodison Park
Coleman (47), Nsiala (120+1) – Davies (81)

efc__1232111767_bundle.jpg

Everton are through to the Carling Cup 3rd round but boy did they make hard work of it. The Toffees played well enough to win by 4 or 5 but poor finishing nearly cost the Premier League side; they failed to kill off the League 1 team. The 1st goal of the game came after 47 minutes from an unlikely source in Seamus Coleman who scored his 1st goal for Everton after a long punt forward from goalkeeper Jan Mucha went in Coleman’s direction as he latched on to it to slot the ball past the Mk Dons keeper.

Everton had chance after chance but couldn’t find the back of the net and they were punished by Mk Dons as a header from Tom Davies hit the crossbar but rebounded in as hit Mucha in the Everton goal on the back and trickled in. The match then went to extra-time where neither side really got going and Everton were extremely fortunate when young centre back Aristote Nsiala who was making his debut headed the ball in at the far post from a corner swung in by Bilyaletdinov.

David Moyes After thought
“I’m not going to make excuses; we were awful, and very fortunate to beat the Mk Dons. We prepared slightly different this season, we altered the schedule and tried to do things differently because we’ve had a bad start in the past. We had a lot of players available and we were expecting better. Maybe I should go back to the old way.”

Leeds 1-2 Stoke, Elland Road
Somma (80) – Heskey (3, 45+2)

Emile-Heskey-Aston-Villa-Premier-League_2507799.jpg

Stoke City are heading to the 3rd round of the Carling Cup after 2 goals from new signing EMILE HESKEY!! This clinched Stoke their first victory in all competitions this season. New signing Heskey got Stoke off to a flyer after 3 minutes when Danny Collins crossed the ball in and Heskey tapped the ball home from 6 yards out

But after the goal Simon Grayson’s side that comfortably beat League 2 outfit Lincoln in the 1st round, gave the Potters some uneasy moments especially Luciano Beechio when he hit the post after half an hour. Retired England international Heskey then grabbed his 2nd of the game 2 minutes into first half injury time who guided a header from Jermaine Pennants free kick; Shane Higgs in the Leeds goal was motionless.

Leeds managed to pile the pressure on Stoke desperate to find a way back into the tie and did when Davide Somma headed the ball past Thomas Sorensen, but after enduring all the pressure Tony Pulis’ side managed to hang on to their lead and go into the hat for Saturday’s 3rd round draw.

Tony Pulis Afterthoughts
“As I said in my programme notes, I would not be taking this game lightly and as you can see Leeds had us hanging on at the end here. Emile was fantastic today and it’ll be a big boost for him scoring his 1st and 2nd goals for the club on what was his first start of the season, he looks a bargain at £500K and I hope he can carry on his goal scoring form into the league.”

West Brom 2-0 Swindon, the Hawthorns
Mulumbu (36), Miller (83)

image-5-for-west-bromwich-albion-v-blackpool-the-match-in-pictures-gallery-161942423.jpg

Yussuf Mulumbu and Ishmael Miller marked their first starts of the season as they both scored in a 2-0 win for West Brom against Swindon to make it through to the 3rd round of the Carling Cup. Mulumbu got the ball rolling for the newly promoted Premier League side after 36 minutes and the Congolese international hit the goal of the game with a 30 yard screamer after loan signing Jermaine Jenas had laid him off. Roberto Di Matteo made 7 changes from his sides impressive win over Fulham at the weekend; his much changed side did not let him down. Despite being 1-0 up, Swindon were playing like they were in-front and completely bossed the 2nd half but an 83rd minute counter attack finished by Ishmael Miller who had just come on for Benni McCarthy rounded the keeper and booked West Brom’s place in the next round.

Roberto Di Matteo’s afterthoughts
“Well to be honest we always on a Tuesday or Wednesday we analyzing our previous game and looking forward to the next game. I think that we got a very good response from the team and if you put into perspective we’re in a better position now than 3 years because to these meetings. I think we just have to stay positive and keep believing that we can go all the way in this competition. I think that our performance tonight was quite good, I am proud of a lot of players but in particular Jermaine Jenas- he ran our midfield today and assisted both goals. I will be doing everything I can to try and make his loan deal permanent.”

West Ham 1-0 Sheff Wed, Upton Park
Stanislas (84)

West+Ham+United+v+Fulham+Premier+League+PWPYYMXNsT9l.jpg

Junior Stanislas saved West Ham’s blushes by scoring the winger 5 minutes from the end of the match as the Hammers overcame League 1 side Sheffield Wednesday in the Carling Cup 2nd round. Manager Avram Grant made 9 changes from his side’s 3-2 defeat to Newcastle, only Jonathan Spector and Luis Boa Morte retained their places. The visitors started brightly and went so close to going ahead if it wasn’t for a magnificent save from debutant keeper Ruud Boffin. It really was end to end stuff neither side could find the breakthrough but 5 minutes from time Junior Stanislas tried his luck taking a 35-yard free-kick quickly and it flew past the helpless keeper.

Avram Grant Afterthought
“I am so happy that we got through and a great moment for Junior which is one to tell the grandkids about. The owners are in talks with him over a 5-year-contract extension which I know he is keen on, I don’t get involved in finances, but I know that Junior is happy here. Back onto the game, we didn’t want the game to go to extra time. It was very important we won but it was not easy against a team that came here to defend.”

Brilliant update buddy :) keep it up :) just updated mine if u'd care to look and comment? :)

Wow, never seen so much commitment put into a story on here, fair play to you!

Excellent story so far, really good idea too. :D