Status
Not open for further replies.
MAY 2012
The title will be decided in the last 2 games of the season. If Standard Liege beat KV Mechelen at home this weekend they will be named Champions for the 2nd year running however a draw or a loss will take it to the last game of the season away at Club Brugge.

Championship Group
Standard Liege 1 - 0 KV Mechelen
Team News - Fabio returns after injury to replace Pocognoli, Opare picked up another injury so will miss May so Ciman keeps his place.
77 - Defour fouled by Biset in the area, Penalty…
78 - Witsel scores the penalty, straight down the middle.
That penalty goal has secured the title for Standard Liege, late whistles all around the ground turn to cheers. They are Champions of the Pro League for the 2nd season running.
MOTM - Axel Witsel

CHAMPIONS !!!

Championship Group
Club Brugge 0 - 0 Standard Liege
Team News - Van Hout, Opare, Boyata, Filipe, Fabio, Gunnarsson, Witsel, Mangala, Leye, Defour and Benteke all start with Bolat, Berrier, Zaki, Tagoe, Bienvenu, Grozav and Susic on the bench.
45 - Half time change after Opare picks up a niggle, Zaki comes on and Standard change to a 4-1-2-1-2.
63 - Tagoe replaces Benteke, Grozav on for Witsel.
The season comes to an end for Liege on the back of a run that has seen Liege lose only once in 22 games.
MOTM - Eliaquim Mangala

Rich list & News
Today the Club Rich List was published with Standard Liege still not on however getting closer. Standard Liege now have an estimated value of £32m which is just short of club 100 on the list Borrussia Monchengladbach who are valued at £34.5m.
In other news Standard Liege has terminated a feeder link with second league promotion hopefull Tubize after a meeting with the clubs board of directors.

Fans player of the year - Steven Defour
Transfer Budget - £7.75m (Winning the league minimum)

Standard sign Rabello
Standard Liege have today sign Chilean youngster Bryan Rabello. He signs from Colo Colo and is only 18 years of age. The deal had been confirmed 2 years ago but due to rules in Chile he couldn’t leave until he was 18. The transfer fee is £700k and has delighted Les Rouches fans. A leading spokesmen from a fans group said ‘’This transfer is just what Standard Liege need. We have a young team, the average age is only 21 so he will fit in well. He is an excellent prospect with real talent and look forward for when he breaks into the first team.”

Standard sign Fabio
After a successful loan spell last season, Standard Liege have now made the deal permanent for a fee of £3m. He joins Van Damme, Pocognoli and Daerden as available left backs for Liege but Saunt has already hinted that 1 of them might have to leave.

Crisetig seals loan move to Standard
Lorenzo Crisetig has signed for Standard Liege until the end of the season on loan from Italian giants Inter Milan. The 19 year old will play a defensive role in Liege’s midfield. A loan fee of £275k has been paid and is Saunt’s 3rd signing of the transfer window.

Centre Half Shortage

Standard Liege favourite Dedryck Boyata has moved back to Manchester City after his loan move with the club ended. Manchester City though will not re-new the loan deal for a 3rd term which has left Standard Liege searching for a new centre back. Chris Saunt has drawn up a list of potential targets but has stumbled across several problems.
  • Bruno Ecuele Manga from FC Lorient (Cant negotiate transfer fee)
  • Sezer Ozmen from Besiktas (Moved to Feyernoord on loan)
  • Loic Nestor from Le Harve (Cant negotiate transfer fee)
  • Oguchi Onyewu from AC Milan (Transfer listed but rejected a contract)
  • Miguel Vitor from Benfica (Agreed fee but player rejected a contract)
Possible targets from England include Nedum Onouha, James Tomkins, Steven Caulker and Chris Smalling.

Chris Saunt consulted his Head Scout Bernd Schneider about the problem and after looking through his files he found an experienced centre back from RB Salzburg called David Mendes da Silva who would be available to buy for around the £2.5m mark.

Belgian Super Cup

Standard Liege 2 - 0 Lierse (Witsel (P), Fabio)

Fabio and Rabello both started for debuts but it was Axel Witsel who got them off the mark after Gaxa handled in the box. After that Fabio picked up the ball just inside the Lierse half and carried to the edge of the area unchallenged as it opened up for him to continue his run and slide it past the keeper. Crisetig then came on for a debut as Liege saw out the rest of the match and picked up the trophy for the 2nd time in 2 seasons.

WINNERS !!!

Mendes da Silva signs for Liege

Standard Liege today unveiled at a press conference the signing of David Mendes da Silva from RB Salzburg for a transfer fee of £3m. The defence minded centre half has been playing as a defensive midfield for his previous club but Saunt stated he brought the 29 year old for centre back at Standard Liege. He also said that he would like to thank Head Scout Bernd Schneider for bringing David Mendes da Silva to his attention after scouting him in Austria last season. Saunt also signalled the end of his spending spree as he feels he has a good enough squad now to compete in the Champions League as well as retaining the Belgian Pro League for the 3rd consecutive season.

July Finances
-£6.76m

Last edited:
AUGUST 2012

Pro League
Standard Liege 3 - 1 Antwerp (Rabello, El Ghanassy, Defour (P))
The first match of the Pro League 2012/13 season kicked off today between the Champions Standard Liege and Second League Champions Antwerp. It took just 21 minutes for Liege to break through and it came from a 65 yard cross field ball from Fabio, Rabello burst onto it to score on his league debut. Just 5 minutes later new-boy Rabello was in again but his shot was saved but only for El Ghanassy to score on the rebound. Yannick Put pulled 1 back for Antwerp on 28 minutes. The 2nd half remained at 2-1 until stoppage time when Steven Defour scored a penalty after Carcela was brought down. A winning start for Standard Liege.

Pro League
Genk 1 - 1 Standard Liege (Caio)
Standard Liege took the lead in this one after just 11 minutes after Caio had the composure to finish after a 40 yard run. The lead lasted until 3 minutes before the break when Solabarrieta’s free-kick ricocheted back to him off the wall to volley home the equaliser. The second half was one of frustration and missed chances for Liege, Mendes da Silva hit the bar and Tagoe was also denied. Overall an early season draw away at Genk isn’t going to be looked back on as points dropped as everyone finds their feet and new signings settle in.

Pro League
KV Mechelen 2 - 1 Standard Liege (Carcela)
Mechelen were handed the advantage almost from the start when Filipe got sent off after 13 minutes. It wasn’t a nice game to watch and it got worse for Liege on 37 minutes when Biset headed in a corner. Another corner was headed in 3 minutes before the break by Mununga. On 73 minutes a contender for goal of the season as Gunnarsson hit a pass to Mehdi Carcela who struck a sweet left foot volley which arrowed into the top corner. Despite throwing everyone forward, Liege couldn’t find the equaliser and fall to defeat.

Pro League
Standard Liege 2 - 0 KV Kortrijk (Mendes da Silva, Witsel)
Liege want to get back to winning ways after last matches loss against Mechelen and after 9 minutes they were on course when Mendes da Silva headed in a Carcela free-kick for his 1st goal for Les Rouches. Axel Witsel doubled the lead on 28 minutes with a Penalty. It stayed like that to give Standard all 3 points and a much needed clean sheet.

Champions League Group A is drawn
Real Madrid
Dynamo Kyiv
Standard Liege
Esbjerg fB

Monthly Review
Played - 4
Won - 2
Drew - 1
Lost - 1
Goals Scored - 7
Goals Conceded - 4

Club Player of the Month - Mehdi Carcela

August Finances
+£4.76m

Last edited:
Glad you won chris mate looks like a good league to play might do one after me shakktar save great job

Glad you won chris mate looks like a good league to play might do one after me shakktar save great job

Ahh mate this is an awesome league. Main target this year is the Champions League and with Dynamo Kiev and Esbjerg fB in my group i fancy my chances in getting out the group. I think Europa League spot is almost certain. I reccommend Caio to you at Shakhtar, Hes a beast!

What's your finances like? How many good youth academy products have emerged? I'd like to know before I go 5 years down the track in debt and in ruins.

What's your finances like? How many good youth academy products have emerged? I'd like to know before I go 5 years down the track in debt and in ruins.

Well the transfer budgets so far have been a consistent £8m. You miss out on the Champions League money in the 1st season so youll obviously have to get back into the competition. There is £14.25m loan debt paid until 2020. You actually start off with more than that but i think they got paid off early on mine. Overall finances arnt to bad. As i mentioned in an earlier post, The clubs estimated value now on mine is £32m which is £2.5m short of being in the Top 100 richest clubs.

As for the youth academy you get some good player, Example being 3 star Pro League whatever in the future so you can bring them through to make money but id probably suggest if you wanted to work on the academy abit more then try and nick players from clubs all over Belgium just for your U19s. Once they get through there then they go into an U21 squad as they dont have a reserves team.

Nice story, inspired me to try and make Belgium a good league. Might try and do well with Antwerp. Lowest league, but they are affiliated with man utd.

Nice story, inspired me to try and make Belgium a good league. Might try and do well with Antwerp. Lowest league, but they are affiliated with man utd.

Yeah id heard of them before because of the Manchester United link. Some good players were sent to Antwerp aswel but you might have to get them promoted before they start giving you the good ones like Kiko Macheda n the like. Im glad ive inspired you though buddy, Good luck!

Well the transfer budgets so far have been a consistent £8m. You miss out on the Champions League money in the 1st season so youll obviously have to get back into the competition. There is £14.25m loan debt paid until 2020. You actually start off with more than that but i think they got paid off early on mine. Overall finances arnt to bad. As i mentioned in an earlier post, The clubs estimated value now on mine is £32m which is £2.5m short of being in the Top 100 richest clubs.

As for the youth academy you get some good player, Example being 3 star Pro League whatever in the future so you can bring them through to make money but id probably suggest if you wanted to work on the academy abit more then try and nick players from clubs all over Belgium just for your U19s. Once they get through there then they go into an U21 squad as they dont have a reserves team.

I was thinking of bringing through lots of multi-national youth, and then replace my whole squad with these lads. I'm hoping to bring through at least 2 first teamers and a few rotationals within the first 5 years. The lack of regulations save for HG player minimum is really giving me lots of room to steal youngsters from abroad (barring any league above Belgium or at least teams above Standard's Rep.)- so the pecking order is pretty much robbing Poland, Slovenia, Macedonia, Lithuania and the Czech Republic of their finest talents (along with Africans). 8M is good enough. Most of the time I get by with less.

SEPTEMBER 2012

Pro League
Lierse 0 - 1 Standard Liege (Caio)
It took Standard Liege 71 minutes to break through Lierse and in the end it looked simple after Carcela whipped in a cross from the left wing for Caio to head in just before the keeper could claim it. That was enough to win the game on a difficult away day.

Belgian Cup 6th Round Draw
Diegem v Standard Liege

Pro League
Standard Liege 2 - 1 Anderlecht (Caio, Carcela)
The Clasico Belge Derby - (Liege) W-6 D-2 L-0
After just 20 minutes Gillett turned Filipe before hitting the post, Mendes da Silva didn’t rush in clearing the ball and lost out to Lukaku who scored. The Anderlecht lead lasted till early into the 2nd half when Berrier crossed and a flying Caio scored with a spectacular diving header. Just after the hour Carcela was fouled in the box and a penalty was awarded. Axel Witsel took it but Silvio Proto pulled off a magnificent save to keep the sides level. The winner was in the 89th minute, Opare with a chipped ball over the top and Carcela got onto it to score a dramatic late winner, A truly great comeback was complete for Standard Liege and win number 7 against Anderlecht.

Champions League Group A
Esbjerg 1 - 1 Standard Liege (Caio)
Standard Liege were expecting a win going into this match but it didn’t plan out that way as Smarason scored just past the hour to give Esbjerg the lead. Standard Liege thought they were level after 71 minutes as Bienvenu took the ball in his stride, past the keeper but slammed it wide. Witsel got himself a 2nd yellow card on 83 minutes but it didn’t effect Standard Liege as they piled men forward and the equaliser came in the 90th minute after a Carcela shot was saved but Caio was in the right place to tap into an empty goal. A point a piece from a scrappy match littered with 12 yellow cards and 1 red. Next up Real Madrid!

Pro League
Westerlo 1 - 1 Standard Liege (Leye)
Westerlo could have took an early lead when El Ghanassy gave away a penalty but Cools had the kick saved by Sinan Bolat. Westerlo did take the lead though on 57 minutes through Ciani, Would Liege have it in them to comeback for a 3rd game running? The answer to that question was yes, Substitute M’Baye Leye with a turn and shot getting Les Rouches back on terms.

Pro League
Standard Liege 0 - 0 AA Gent (No Scorers)
Standard Liege really struggled to get any chances today as Gent defended very intelligently. They’ll be really happy with a point but Liege yet to get into their stride this season with only 4 wins from 8 matches in Pro League.

Pro League
Germinal Beerschot 2 - 1 Standard Liege (Carcela)
Another slow start from Liege nearly cost them once again as GBA hit the crossbar after 12 minutes. 36 minutes into the match GBA did take the lead with MacDonald the scorer. They doubled they’re lead 2 minutes later to leave Saunt fuming on the touchline. Mehdi Carcela was brought on at half time and he got 1 back after 62 minutes but despite that it wasn’t enough and Liege resigned to their 2nd league loss of the season.

Monthly Review
Played - 6
Won - 2
Drew - 3
Lost - 1
Goals Scored - 6
Goals Conceded - 5

Club Player of the Month - Caio

September Finances
- £1.43m

Last edited:
OCTOBER 2012

Champions League Group A
Standard Liege 1 - 1 Real Madrid (Bienvenu)
With Witsel suspended, Caio injured last match, Mendes da Silva ineligible and Victor Ramos still a few weeks from a return Standard Liege weren’t full strength going into this big match against Real Madrid. After 16 minutes Carcela found himself free on goal, shot saved by Casillas but only to Berrier with an open net hit the post. An incredible miss. Standard were showing real character as they nearly go 1-0 up again after a goal mouth scramble Van Damme denied. Pepe hit the bar before half time but it ended 0-0 at the break. Just after half time complete astonishment surrounded the ground as Bienvenu turned Pepe before roofing it into the net to give Standard the lead. Just before the hour Madrid levelled through Higuain after Filipe missed the header to clear. Standard Liege dropped off after that goal, they defended bravely and saw it through to stoppage time but then Filipe got injured and all subs had been used so Liege down to 10 for the final 4 minutes of added time. The full time whistle went, Liege had got a point at home to Real Madrid. Les Rouches fans were bouncing.

Pro League
Standard Liege 1 - 0 Eupen (Witsel)
Standard off to a flyer after just 5 minutes, Witsel running with the ball unchallenged before hitting a low shot into the net. That was enough for the win after a tough Champions League game, Standard will be delighted with that.

Pro League
Club Brugge 1 - 1 Standard Liege (Witsel)
Club Brugge are currently unbeaten going into this game but for Liege Victor Ramos made his return after 10 months out injured. The first goal in the game arrived after 23 minutes when El Ghanassy shot looped into the air perfectly for Witsel to volley home. Brugge equalised on 37 minutes with a Donk header from a corner. El Ghanassy, Ramos and Berrier all missed clear chances to win it but its even stevens as the referee blows.

Champions League Group A
Standard Liege 0 - 1 Dynamo Kyiv (No scorers)
This game started quickly with Guilherme striking the post and in Filipe’s rush to clear the ball he got injured and so had to be replaced. Milevskyi then had his turn to hit the post after 16 minutes. All the play with Kyiv. Nam Tae-Hee opened the scoring after 36’ arriving late at the far post to finish. Kyiv were in the ascendancy as they hit the crossbar early in the 2nd half. Nam Tae-Hee then struck a post soon after. Standard threw bodies up for the last 15 minutes but couldn’t force any real chances, A disappointing home defeat.

Pro League
Standard Liege 1 - 3 Charleroi (Caio)
Mujangi Bia was linked with a move to rivals Standard Liege was first on the score sheet just after the half hour with a powerful effort. Mujangi Bia was then the provider as Ederson made it 2-0. Charleroi added a 3rd before half time. Commeth the hour Caio pulled 1 back for Liege. A gutting loss for Les Rouches fans on derby day.

Belgian Cup 6th Round
Diegem 1 - 2 Standard Liege (Benteke, Rits)
Standard rotated their side focusing attention on their poor league form but the side was still strong enough to take the lead on 33 minutes through 21 year old Christian Benteke, his 1st goal for the club. Rits doubled the lead with a powerful effort that cracked the post before going in 5 minutes before half time. Diegem got themselves back in it with 15 minutes to go. Standard got the narrow victory but most importantly their into the hat for the next round.

Monthly Review

Played - 6
Won - 2
Drew - 2
Lost - 2
Goals Scored - 6
Goals Conceded - 7

Club Player of the Month - Axel Witsel

NOVEMBER 2012

Pro League
STVV 2 - 4 Standard Liege (Provoost OG, Caio, Benteke, Grozav)
Liege were unlucky just 12 minutes in as Witsel’s shot came off the inside of the post and stayed out. STVV scored first, in their own goal all be it to give Standard the lead. Caluwe equalised on the half hour after Witsel conceded a spot kick. 2 minutes before the break STVV took the lead after Kotysch headed in a free kick. Liege equalised just after the hour when Caio turned in a Witsel cross. Saunt brang on Grozav and Benteke for the last 10’ after their impressive performances in the Belgian Cup and that combination combined for the winner as Benteke held up the ball, played it out wide for Grozav who crossed for Benteke to slide in on 88‘. Sensational from the Liege academy products. It wasn’t over yet as substitute Berrier hit the post, Liege rebuilt the attack and Grozav made space on the right before shooting across the keeper to score.

Belgian Cup 7th Round Draw
Virton v Standard Liege
Belgian Cup Qtr Final Draw
Virton/Standard Liege
V
KV Kortrijk/Germinal Beerschot

Champions League Group A
Dynamo Kyiv 3 - 1 Standard Liege (Sudic OG)
Standard Liege learnt from the domination in the reverse fixture against Kyiv to play a little more conservatively despite missing several early chances before Guilherme headed against the bar. Guilherme wasn’t to disheartened as you opened the scoring after 30 minutes. The lead lasted just 4 minutes when Sudic scored in his own net to make it 1-1. Guilherme then put Dyiv back on top 5 minutes before the break. 2 minutes into the 2nd half Guilherme intercepted a loose pass from Fabio before placing the ball home for his hat-trick. Standard Liege resigned to defeat after that as they crash out of the competition for the 2nd time running but still a chance to get into the Europa League should they get a winning against Esbjerg at the end of November.

Pro League
Standard Liege 3 - 1 Lokeren (Carcela, Caio 2)
Lokeren flew out the traps as they take a 10th minute lead after De Ceulaer’s volley. Mehdi Carcela equalised on 26 minutes with a superb curling left foot shot. Liege went in front after the break with Rabello’s deflected cross giving Caio a tap in. Caio made the game safe with a poachers finish on 81 minutes. Liege just 7 points off top as things stand.

Belgian Cup 7th Round
Virton 1 - 2 Standard Liege (Lambrecht OG, Grozav)
Liege named their cup side for today and 25 minutes into the match they had the lead with a Lambrecht own goal. Half time substitute Gicu Grozav took just 3 minutes to make an impact as he headed in Crisetig’s cross from the left. Virton got back into the match just after the hour, Blaise with the goal. 10 minutes from time Victor Ramos was denied by paintwork but they went down to 10 men a few minutes later when Grozav went off injured. Liege saw the game out and Kortrijk or GBA await in the quarters.

Pro League
Zulte Waregem 0 - 2 Standard Liege (Verstraete OG, Ramos)
The opening exchanges were end to end as each sides hit the post. The first goal didn’t come until the 61st minute when Verstraete put it in his own net to put Standard in front. 20 minutes from the end Victor Ramos scored his 1st goal of the season to make it 2-0. Liege had numerous chances to extend the lead but they’ll be happy with 3 points away against so far overachieving Zulte Waregem.

Pro League
Antwerp 1 - 1 Standard Liege (Kulga OG)
Liege went on the back straight the way in this one with a tremendous De Witte free-kick. Standard pressed but it wasn’t till Kulga scored an OG on the hour until Liege got level. Antwerp were unlucky not to take the lead after a chipped effort came off the post. The game didn’t produce a winner despite heavy pressure from Liege. A share of the spoils. Mangala and Defour picked up injuries, they’ll both be out for 2 weeks.

Champions League Group A
Standard Liege 2 - 0 Esbjerg fB (Grozav, Carcela)
The Champions League is rich of top quality players scoring top quality goals and Standard’s Gicu Grozav didn’t look out of place half an hour in and a truly outstanding dipping curling volley from 35 yards flew in the top corner, The keeper didn’t stand a chance, Pick that one out! Just after half time, Mehdi Carcela put Liege 2 goals up. Standard played well for the win that seals their spot in the Europa League.

Monthly Review

Played - 7
Won - 5
Drew - 1
Lost - 1
Goals Scored - 15
Goals Conceded - 8

Club Player of the Month - Gicu Grozav

November Finances
-£211k

DECEMBER 2012

Pro League
Standard Liege 1 - 2 Genk (Caio)
Barda scored in the 4th minute, poor defending from the free-kick costs Liege again this season. That woke up a slow starting Standard and they equalised through Caio after 26 minutes. It didn’t last long though as Barda got his 2nd of the game just before half hour. Chances where few and far between and when Witsel chested down and volleyed against the bar, Standard feared it wasn’t going to be their day. They were right, 2-1 win for Genk.

Pro League
Standard Liege 3 - 0 KV Mechelen (El Ghanassy, Carcela, Witsel)
This game took a while to get going. It was past the hour mark before the first goal arrived. El Ghanassy doing a quick one-two with Caio before curling the ball into the net. 8 minutes before time Standard Liege doubled their lead, Pocognoli crossing from the left back position, sweetly met by Mehdi Carcela who headed just out of the reach of keeper to score. Witsel added to Standard’s lead in stoppage time cracking a shot in off the post from the edge of the box to make sure of the victory.

Champions League Group A
Real Madrid 3 - 1 Standard Liege (Witsel)
All pressure is off for Liege, A spot in the Europa League already secure allows them to enjoy themselves at the Bernebeu. They silenced the home crowd just 3 minutes in when the ball fell to Witsel in the area to score. Standard were struggling to contain Madrid, Sergio Canales equalised after 15 minutes when the ball bounced to him off Di Maria. Higuain hit the post soon after as Madrid started to threaten to take the lead. They succeded in doing that after 30 minutes when Higuain finished. Albiol made it 3-1 heading in a corner kick. The win for Madrid ensured they qualify 1st out of the group a point ahead of Dynamo Kyiv. Standard 3rd with Esbjerg propping up the rest.

Pro League
KV Kortrijk 0 - 1 Standard Liege (Caio)
Liege had a bad start to this game as Victor Ramos was sent off after 4 minutes. 10 minutes after that Caio opened the scoring with his 10th goal of the season with a deflected shot went in from 7 yards. The early drama settled the match for Liege who get a valuable 3 points.

Europa League 1st Knock-Out Round Draw
Rubin v Standard Liege
Europa League 2nd Knock-Out Round Draw
Birmingham/Stade Rennais
V
Rubin/Standard Liege

Pro League
Standard Liege 1 - 1 Lierse (Witsel)
For the 2nd game in a row Standard received an early red card, Van Damme with it this time, Ramos’ replacement joins him on the suspension list. Standard played till half time and came out fighting in the 2nd half. After 52 minutes Axel Witsel took aim with a pile driver that rocketed towards the top corner, The keeper got a hand to it but couldn’t keep it out, Fantastic strike for 1-0. Witsel went for it again before the hour but hit the post with his effort. Lierse equalised with a shot from 30 yards came off the post and hit Bolat before going in. Benteke came on and missed several chances to win it, Points dropped for Liege.

Belgian Cup Qtr-Final 1st Leg
Standard Liege 3 - 1 Germinal Beerschot (Carcela 2, Benteke)
A boxing day cup match for Liege but without manage Chris Saunt who is suspended from the touchline after comments he made about the referee last match. 23 minutes of pressure from the off from Liege rewarded them with an opening goal, A peach from the edge of the box from Mehdi Carcela. Carcela then got the 2nd goal with a breath taking counter attack goal. Mehdi should have got a hat-trick when he won a penalty but he struck the post with his shot. Rabello volleyed against the bar 10 minutes after. Francois got 1 back in stoppage time but substitute Benteke made it 3-1 after that.

Pro League
Anderlecht 2 - 1 Standard Liege (Carcela)
The teams were level at half time with hardly any action until Mendes missed a chance to head away, Lukaku was onto it, he rounded Bolat to score. It was 1-1 after the hour when Caio’s cross was scrappily converted by Carcela. Anderlecht scored on 87, Juhasz the lucky man unmarked. Grozav hit the post in stoppage time which could have levelled but a first defeat against the arch rivals under the Saunt regime. 15 points off top heading into the winter break. Its going to take something special for Liege to win their 3rd consecutive title now.

Monthly Review

Played - 7
Won - 3
Drew - 1
Lost - 3
Goals Scored - 11
Goals Conceded - 9

Club Player of the Month - Mehdi Carcela

December Finances
-£1.4m

JANUARY 2013

Gunnarsson moves on
Aron Gunnarsson has today sealed a move away from Standard Liege signing for Aris Solinika for £1.7m. Gunnarsson joined Liege for the title winning 2011-12 season but has struggled to get into the side since his arrival making 31 sub appearances over his 18 month stay with just 19 starts. The Icelandic defensive midfielder joined Liege on a free and moves on at £1.7m which is all profit for the Belgian Champions.

Standard sign Barbaric
Tomislav Barbaric linked up with Standard Liege after his £3m move from Heerenveen. Liege favourite Steven Defour is quoted in the media as saying Barbaric is set to shine. The Croat central defender is only 23 but is at his 5th club in as many season after coming through the NK Dinamo academy in Croatia. On a downside for Liege, he is currently only available for light training after being injured for Heerenveen so wont make his debut for a few weeks yet.

Pro League
Standard Liege 1 - 0 Westerly (Caio)
Liege needed a quick start and that’s exactly what they did when Caio scored after 20 minutes after a ricochet put him through on goal. 10 minutes after that Allmi got himself sent off for Westerlo. Bienvenu came off the bench in the 2nd half to round the keeper before hitting the post from a tight angle. Try as they might they couldn’t find the 2nd goal but get a 1-0 victory.

Pro League
AA Gent 1 - 2 Standard Liege (Mendes da Silva, Caio)
Underachieving Gent are 13th this season dangerously close to the relegation zone and seeing the defending from a Liege corner on 9 minutes and you can see why. Mendes da Silva scores an unchallenged header at the far post. 5 minutes before half time Gent should have equalised from the spot but Azofeifa hit the penalty wide. Coulibaly did equalise 2 minutes later after the ball came to him off Sinan Bolat’s save from Ljubjankic. Liege had the ball in the net twice in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half but both were ruled out for offside. Half time sub Grozav was causing problems and 20 minutes from the end he set up Caio to finish from 7 yards. 2-1 win for Liege.

Belgian Cup Qtr-Final 2nd Leg
Germinal Beerschot 1 - 1 Standard Liege (Witsel (P))
De Becker put GBA off to a flyer with a goal on 7 minutes. Liege still lead 3-2 on aggregate. Axel Witsel put the game back level with a penalty on 65 minutes, After that GBA couldn’t get themselves back into it with Liege happy to defend the 2 goal aggregate lead and in doing so Liege are into the semi’s.

Monthly Review
Played - 3
Won - 2
Drew - 1
Lost - 0
Goals Scored - 4
Goals Conceded - 2

Club Player of the Month - Jonothan Hendrickx

View attachment 132874

January Finances
-£3.51m

Last edited:
Great update mate doing very well this season how many season do you plan to stay with standard ?

Great update mate doing very well this season how many season do you plan to stay with standard ?

Err not really sure mate, This is my Sporting CP game from FM10 but on FM11 its Standard Liege but on that Sporting CP 1 i stayed 9 years so im planning on staying 9 years with Standard Liege. This is a much longer challenge Champions League wise. Its going to take another 2/3 years before i get out the Group i rekon lol.

At this stage ill set my sights on a 10 year stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.