October Review:

View attachment 1011323
ARGHHHH! Luton ends our 11 matches unbeaten run. IT HURTS! and IT HURTS MORE BECAUSE THEY ARE OUR RIVALS AND WERE STRUGGLING WHEN WE MET. Other than the Luton Match it was a very good month for us. We played scintillating football as well as scrappy football but we won and that's what is important to win titles. WOAH WIN TITLE? We are predicted to finish 13th but we have so far beat expectation. Can we get promotion and even more Can we win the Title. Plenty to think about.

Also we drew AFC Telford in our FA Cup draw so that's passage to the second round secure which is our minimum expectation but I would like an extended run mainly because it's good for the Bank :D

Well let's analyse the month now!

01/10/2016

View attachment 188456
The match was more of a wrestling match then a Football match and the refree was dishing out cards at even the smallest fouls. It would have been a draw before Roofe remembered it was football and you had to kick the ball and not each other. Satisfied with the win? No. But happy with 3 in the bag.

08/10/2016

View attachment 188455
At half time, I told them don't lose focus and I don't know what the **** happened they suddenly started playing like ****** Barcelona. One touch passed, running into opposition box and making fools of the defenders. This was Brilliant! and I didn't even tell them to do this. I love them all

15/10/2016

View attachment 188454
A scrappy win against a team in the bottom 3 doesn't make me happy. We also missed a penalty which was even more frustrating. Well a win's a win I suppose.

18/10/2016

View attachment 188452

I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER! FIRST HAT TRICK IN MY ERA AND I AM SO SO SO CHUFFED. It was a brilliant team performance. My only regret? No Clean Sheet.

22/10/2016

View attachment 188453
We are back to scrappy. This worries me. Someday when the opponent wants it more we will lose the match. The match was over in the first half and the second half? More boring than Manchester United vs Sheffield United FA Cup round.

29/10/2016

View attachment 188451
See what I told above? They wanted it more and we lost and that too against our rivals. This is Aguza's second card for the month and he won't be playing again for a while. I am furious. A sad end to our 11 match unbeaten run.

P.S: You guessed right. I have forgotten the table again. BUT WE ARE FIRST!!!! The loss again Luton still sucks.

November Review:

06/11/2016 (F.A. Cup)

View attachment 188368
The beginning of a cup run? Maybe I am talking too soon but an almost perfect performance by the team.With the amount of shots we took we should have scored atleast 10 but credit to their goalkeeper. The best stat for me though was limiting them to just one shot which really asserted our dominance over them.

12/11/2016
View attachment 188360I don't like Rochdale. They gazumped us to the signing of Ashley Fletched who being an ex-Man Utd player should sign for only us and second they scored last minute goal against us to deny us 3 points. It was what it was supposed to be a canter in the park before Noel hunt scored one in the 79th minute and despite my instructions to tighten up, we were hit on a counter on the 90th. 2 POINTS DROPPED.

19/11/2016

View attachment 188359

I love it when a plan comes together! A perfect home performance after a disappointing collapse away. Leyton Orient were never allowed to settle into rhythm. The match even saw a goal from Donald Love who is just returning from injury. Hopefully this can spark us into going in a winning run again.

26/11/2015

View attachment 188356
I said it too soon. We were shambled and couldn't string a pass together. As much as I hate to say it, they deserved the win.

View attachment 188372
A short , sweet and terrible month for us. We lost 5 points and gave up the top spot in the league. Well I should be happy considering we are second but I like throwing a tantrum and proclaiming that I am a perfectionist. We are starting to form a habit of either thrashing teams in the bottom half or barely winning/losing to them. Perhaps a change in tactics?

League Table

View attachment 188354One time I remember the SS is when we play horribly. Still not a bad position to be in.

CIAO

December Review:

04/12/2016

View attachment 188007
I can’t have any complaints about the results although we should have finished the job here and shouldn’t have let the equalizer in. Well doesn’t matter as the replay will just us extra money :D. If we go by stats they battered us but we never looked like conceding except the 2 shots that we did let in. Slocombe was brilliant and so was the defense and midfield that blocked shot after shot and immediately looked to start a counter. Proud of the boys!

13/12/2016

See at the end :)

17/12/2016

View attachment 188006

Our first match in the league since the loss to Bristol Rovers and the boys did what was required of them. It wasn’t an extraordinary performance but we were in the gear which we needed to be in. 3 POINTS!

20/12/2016

View attachment 188005

It looks closer than it actually was. Exeter never had a chance in the match and could create nothing at all. Our defense was resolute throughout. On other note, it’s the second penalty that Lundstram has missed and I am looking to change the taker.

26/12/2016

View attachment 188004
Disgusted!!! We were 3-0 up at half time and cruising until on the 70th​ minute they scored a goal and then Slocombe let in the most ridiculous of goals on the 82nd​. I immediately shut the shop but to no avail as they bagged an equalizer and it looked like they will get the winner as well. Ruined my entire happy Christmas mood. In hindsight I should have reshuffled the defense post the break

31/12/2016

View attachment 188002
A lucky win to be honest although Slocombe was brilliant saving that penalty. We hardly created any chances and couldn’t finish the ones we did create. Don’t care though as we end the year with a win and at the top.

MATCH OF THE MONTH

13/12/2016

View attachment 188001
I don’t know what to say. They were in cruise control in the first half and the second until Edgars got the goal and then suddenly with the crowd cheering us on we got going and scored through Hoban. At that moment I thought we will see it out before Harvey got the goal and the players bogged down a little. But cometh the hour, cometh the man. Lundstram was seen jostling the players and then he scored a beauty of a goal to win it for us. ABSOLUTE BEAUTY I SAY. 3rd​ Round!!!

View attachment 188000

View attachment 187999

View attachment 187998

Month Overview:

View attachment 187997

Can’t complain much apart from the Mansfield result but I will let it slide for once. Proud of the boys. I hope we can carry this momentum in the new year and keep doing well.

League Table

View attachment 187996
Our opponents slipped and that means we are 5 points in the clear heading into the New Year. Oxford have never finished higher than 8th​ in League 2 and were in the League 1 last in 2000/01. Could this be our year?

In other News:

View attachment 187995
A NEW CONTRACT! And they gave ma a 175 p/w rise. I am Chuffed!

Alone at the Top

31/12/2016

It’s New Years’ Eve. I gave the boys the next day off even though we face Blackburn soon in the F.A. Cup. The deserved some time off and to spend time with their friends and family. I couldn’t ask them to train and play every day just because I had nothing to do. It was on days like these that I missed my family the most. They weren’t perfect but they were family but now they are dead and I am here alone sitting at Kassam Stadium on top of the world.

I remember New Years’ Ever with my family, it was a happy time. My father would come home early and my mom would cook something special. We would sit, eat and then just talk with each other. I was allowed to stay late and watch the fireworks. If dad was in a better mood we would even go for a walk after midnight and I would see the neighborhood all lit and full of colors. I had a home and people to go to. And now despite being relatively successful then I was in the years after their death, I have never felt more alone.

I had Kim for a few years until he died. His death is what drove me to management. I knew I couldn’t survive alone on the streets. I would be destroyed mentally and that was something I couldn’t risk. He was a good guy. I miss him too. He would advice me sometimes based on his years of experience and it felt good to be advised. When we are young, we want to be left alone and do everything on our own but it is when all of that is gone when we realize what we miss. I miss all of it right now.

It feels good to be at the top but it’s sad that in the end I am alone at the top.

CIAO

January Review:

Transfer History:

View attachment 187975
I wasn’t looking to do much in the window until days before the window one of summer signings was again denied his work permit. With him not playing, the chance of him being selected for the National Team was pretty low and I cashed him in and that was the biggest take away from the window. Well that was before deadline day when I signed the best midfielder for the club. Florent Cuvelier. Ardent football fans may know the Belgian and he is a magnificent capture for the club as I look to sign players who can play in League 1 next season.

Matches:

07/01/2017

View attachment 187974
We were hit by a Rhode-rage. A pretty even half gave me hope in the second half and I asked the players to push a bit forward and we were undone by three long balls. Defender thumped the ball forward; Rhodes controlled it and BAM into the net. I can’t complain much but a run would have been nice for the bank.

10/01/2017

View attachment 187970
They were the better team and just this once lady luck favored us. We were getting shots straight to the keeper before Roofe managed to sneak one in. 3 Points is all I can say.

14/01/2017

View attachment 187968
THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE CLINICAL FINISHING MAKES. We had more possession and more shots but they were just finishing better. I slammed the team in the dressing room and cancelled their holiday. I am embarrassed and ashamed.

21/01/2017

View attachment 187967
If only we did this in the last match. We tore them apart in the first 20 minutes and then cruised through the whole match like we were training. A debut goal for *** who has been signed on loan from QPR. He looks a brilliant prospect.

28/01/2017

View attachment 187966
What is it with us losing to clubs near the bottom of the table? We were absolutely terrible only getting a single shot on target and never looking like doing anything with the ball. Inconsistency has started creeping in. A change in training method perhaps?

Month Overview:

View attachment 187964
I am not happy. We were very inconsistent winning 3 and losing 3 which is not acceptable at his point of time. We have to consolidate our position or we will be caught out at the top. Hopefully I can gather a response from them. With us being out of all cup competitions we have to win the League.

League Table:

View attachment 187963
Our lead is down to 4. Should I start worrying?

Finances:

View attachment 187962
An ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT MONTH FINANCIALLY. While the transfer didn’t work out for us on the pitch his sale boosted our finance as we announced record profits. This will keep us in the green for quite a while. Should I make this a strategy? Financially it’s brilliant but what about morally? I am not so sure. What do you think? I wish I could consult someone.

February Review:

07/02/2017

View attachment 187935
It is heartbreaking to watch matches in which you absolutely dominate the opponent and they score a single goal and win it. Slocombe should have stopped the ball but he didn’t. Samuel should have been marked better but he wasn’t. My forwards should have scored but they didn’t.

11/02/2017

View attachment 187934
And again we lose to the team at the bottom of the table. THIS IS OUR THIRD LOSS ON THE TROT. The less said the better. I realized after the match that I had set the Match Preparation at defensive positioning and hadn’t changed it. Maybe that’s the reason behind my poor attack? Let’s see if some attack training helps.

14/02/2017

View attachment 187933

Well that worked out well. I changed the training of the team and at least I saw good movement on and off the ball and WE WERE GETTING SHOTS ON THE TARGET. The win is a bonus but the performance was nothing to rave about. Lots of improvement needed yet.

18/02/2017

View attachment 187932
Another win but lots of improvement needed in finishing. *** has settled in well and looks to be a good signing. MORE GOALS PLEASE.

25/02/2017

View attachment 187931
YESS! This is what I am talking about. GOALS GOALS GOALS. I love them and you have to keep them coming. We harried and dominated Cambridge before they got a goal back and then we became meek like a sheep but it’s okay. We got 3 goals and just let one in. The only blemish was the missed penalty but as Cuvelier the next one in, I got no problem with him. (FOR NOW)

28/02/2017

View attachment 187930
Three Goals and a clean sheet, Now we are talking baby. *** scores another goal which means he has not scored in only one of the match that he has played and that’s very impressive, sad that he is just on Loan.

Month Overview:

View attachment 187928
Well it started pretty badly but credit to the boys for turning it around. It seems they just needed a little more attack training and then they showed it on the pitch. I am very happy with *** who has come in and taken the mantle to score goals.
League Table:

View attachment 187929

We extend our lead to 6 points after our rivals stumble. 6 points ahead with only 12 games left, the dream of a title is beginning to turn into a reality. GO OXFORD.

March Review:

04/03/2017

View attachment 187870
A perfect start to march as we continue our recent good form. *** was unfortunate to get a hat trick and the only blemish was the goal we let in. The title is inching closer to the Kassam Stadium can we keep this up though?

11/03/2017

View attachment 187869
Yes we CAN. *** and Roofe score in a tight affair for us as a bottom team again give us creepers but as opposed to folding like we did in the past this time we responded with two well taken goals. Brilliant by the lads and again *** who is leading and dragging us through the finish line.

14/03/2017

View attachment 187868
A dominant performance against a deflated Port Vale who basically have nothing to play for. Two quick goals again before we packed our finishing boots in the second half. This has happened twice in a row and is slightly worrying but **** we have 3 POINTS in the BAG.

18/03/2017

View attachment 187867
Clinical finishing and brilliant defending, that’s a manager’s dream, Roofe took his chances with aplomb while our midfield and defense didn’t let Fleetwood have a single shot on target. The Barnet defeat has bought a brilliant response by the team.

25/03/2017

View attachment 187865
YESSS YESS YESS!!! Who doesn’t love a injury time winner? We were dead and buried before *** suddenly came to life and equalized in the 88th​ minute and then the team pushed and pushed for a winner and found one in the 93rd​ minute. Assassin like finishing by *** to maintain our winning run.

28/03/2017

View attachment 187861
A hard fought victory against promotion chasing Rochdale. I hate the team who have single handedly stolen three of my transfer targets and I take pleasure in beating them. *** again scored for us and we end the month in a perfect manner. SIX OUT OF SIX as the Title is almost home.

Month Overview:

View attachment 187860
Six out of SIX as we complete a brilliant month for the team and inch near to the League 2 title which would be unprecedented and historic for the team. Player of the Month is *** undoubtedly who has scored in each and every game this month. Promotion and Title are a mere formality now.

League Table:

View attachment 187859
15 POINTS AT THE TOP! Though the Scunthorpe and Exter both have a game in hand and assuming they both win it, that is still 12 points at the top with 6 games to go. It’s more about when rather than if right now and it’s a brilliant feeling.

Youth Intake:

View attachment 187858
Not much to say other than this guy Lee Porter who can turn out to be brilliant. He will train with the First Squad and will be tutored by Coppinger. I am not letting this GEM go anytime soon, unless of course we need money

Awards:

View attachment 187857

View attachment 187856
View attachment 187855
Wow. I don’t think I need to say anything
Finances:

View attachment 187854
Quite a decrease from January but I would like to point out at the Profit for the season as compared to last. One of my tasks was to make us more financially stable and Ladies and Gentleman I rest my case.

April-May Review:

08/04/2017

View attachment 187504
We continue our good vein of form as a first half blitz see us past Leyton Orient despite them dominating most of the second half. Our resident assassin *** is out for the rest of the season due to an injury but he has done enough to take us past the finish line this season. The win also brings a very important achievement for our club.

14/04/2017

View attachment 187503
Another match which was very close but the difference again was clinical finishing. This time it was Alex MacDonald who stepped up for the team. What has been wonderful so far this season is how different players have managed to score so many goals and that as a Manager is wonderful to see. If the midfield is scoring around 15-20 goals how can a team not win a title!

17/04/2017

View attachment 187502
I was going to give my bench a chance for this match when just before the match my Assistant made me aware that there was a record that we could achieve. Plymouth held the record for most League 2 points 102 and if we won all our matches we could break it. So in came the first team again. Yeovil gave us quite a fight but in the end we managed to win comfortably and the score card looks closer because of the last minute goal.

25/04/2017

View attachment 187501
Again we struggle to break down a team in the lower half of the table. This seems a problem deeper than complacency and needs to be addressed in the pre-season. Well another win anyways! The defense was wonderful by the way!

29/04/2017

View attachment 187500
And there ends our chase of the record. Portsmouth was always going to be our hardest test with them being 3rd​ in the league and all but the disjointed performance was cringe worthy and not expected of league champions.

06/05/2017

View attachment 187499
Neither of the side had anything to play for and all I asked of the boys was to entertain the fans one last time this season and they listened to me for ONCE! Mansfield were blown off the field and we could have and should have scored more. A nice end to the season and something for the fans to remember before we head to LEAGUE ONE!!!!!!

Month Overview:

View attachment 187498
WE WON THE LEAGUE!! WE WON THE LEAGUE!! WE WON THE LEAGUE!!

P.S: I forgot the one match with Mansfield which is in may. Please bear with it :)

League Table:

View attachment 187497
We won the league and in some style finishing 16 points ahead of Scunthorpe and 12 places ahead of our predicted position. Our Goal difference is 26 more than our next best team. I am proud of the lads and what they have achieved. Can we give a repeat performance next year?

Season Review, End of Season Awards in the next post

In other news:

After months of begging, grovelling and going on my knees the board finally has agreed to pay for my coaching for National License B!! YESSSS! It was the least they could do since I led them to title and all but still it feels truly wonderful!

View attachment 187487

Hadn't enjoyed a story so much since the Alpha Romeo Metaphor's. I'll keep following

Hadn't enjoyed a story so much since the Alpha Romeo Metaphor's. I'll keep following

OH MY GOD! That's a huge compliment. I hope I can write a story half as good even and that will make me happy :)

Thanks for following :)

END OF SEASON:

Season Review:

View attachment 187323
Where do I start? I am still in shock as well as awe of the team and their performance through out the season and I am proud to be manager of such a brilliant team. It's not I who led them, it is they who brought me glory is what I believe. Let's start with our performance in the cups.
JOHNSTONE'S PAINT TROPHY

Quite underwhelming compared to the rest of the season and I was particularly angry at being ousted by Bristol Rovers but it's okay as no cup competitions meant less fixture congestion allowing us to play more friendlies to stabilize our financial situation as well as play with our best players in the league. Next year I want this trophy!

CAPITAL ONE CUP

I just can't blame the players for this one. Bournemouth were a premier league side and we gave them one **** of a fight. While the cup competitions will never be at the top of my list till we are in the premier league, it's a good way to earn money and I hope to extend our run beyond the second round when next season rolls around.

F.A. CUP

Another Cup performance which made me proud and we were beaten by Individual magic which I doubt we could have done much about. This is the Cup where I want an extended run as it's very financially beneficial. I may seem money minded but it's the club I am looking out for.

SKY BET LEAGUE 2:

It's hard to sum up in words of how I feel about winning the league. When I joined the club, in the first month I was booed by the fans because of my father and in the last game they all rose and gave me a standing applause. I think that sums up the season for me. I thank the Chairman, the club, the support staff, the players and each and every fan who stood for me when the world wasn't ready to. Thank you so much

OXFORD OVERALL XI:

View attachment 187319
Five players from this season's team in the Overall XI indicate how strong and brilliant our players were. The only shame is that all 5 were on loan and until we get to a much better financial position loans will be our best bet to the premiership unfortunately.

OXFORD END OF THE SEASON AWARDS

View attachment 187318
Can't say I disagree other than the Young player of the season which probably should have gone to Edgars or Leo Chambers who were both absolutely brilliant. Edgars is just 18 and he showed amazing maturity for his age.

Sky Bet League 2 End of the Season Awards, Word around the Papers, Leagues around the world as well as A special surprise later in the day! Stay Tuned and thank you for motivating me to write

END OF THE SEASON AWARDS:

View attachment 187218
A well deserved award for Samir who was our midfield mainstay throughout the campaign. He could win the ball, pass the ball and score goals. A complete midfielder for our side but unfortunately he refused to come on loan for another season. All the best to him in the championship with the Dons.

View attachment 187217
I am actually pleased that we have none because it highlights how the whole team contributed to our goal tally as we had the highest goal difference.

View attachment 187216
The first award of my life. I am so chuffed. I dedicate this award to my players and the club and hopefully can win one again next year.

View attachment 187213
We contributed almost 50 % of the Team of the Season and while that makes me very proud and happy, all 5 of them are on loan and that doesn't bode very well for us.

FINANCIAL SUMMARY:

View attachment 187209
THIS IS MY PROUDEST ACHIEVEMENT OF THE SEASON. WE WERE IN 350,000 LOSS LAST SEASON AND WE MADE A PROFIT OF ALMOST 600,000 IN THIS SEASON. THE BANK BALANCE IS DECENT AND IF THIS CONTINUES MAYBE WE COULD DREAM OF BUILDING A TEAM OF OUR OWN PLAYERS.

View attachment 187208
Well as a guy of Finance I don't like paying tax but the fact that we earned enough to pay tax is a big plus for me. I hope we pay more next year :D

View attachment 187207

LEAGUES AROUND THE WORLD:

View attachment 187206

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Manchester City (They retain it)

EUROPA LEAGUE: Inter Milan

F.A. CUP: Manchester United

CAPITAL ONE CUP: Chelsea

View attachment 187084

BBC EXCLUSIVE WITH SHAH

In a stunning Press Conference last season Oxford Manager Savan Shah revealed that he was the son of the infamous Samir Shah who ran one of the biggest Ponzi schemes Britain has ever seen before committing suicide in jail. The Press Conference sent British and World Media into a frenzy and meltdown with each of them criticizing the decision of Oxford Board and Chairman. There were hate articles, there were articles about Shah’s own inexperience as well as his stupidity on being honest. He was ripped apart by media channels as well as newspapers but nothing deterred Shah as well as Club Chairman Eales who stuck with the manager.
The manager himself maintained media silence, letting his assistant do the talking with the Media while he quietly worked his *** off to guide his team to a historic and unprecedented League 2 Title and promotion. For a manager to do so in his first season with the Media not supporting him, minimal finances as well as trying to win everyone over is a brilliant achievement.

After many efforts, BBC has finally managed to bag an exclusive interview with Shah as he breaks his Media silence for over a year. Without further ado, let’s welcome Mr Savan Shah into the studio.

Phil McNutty [BBC]: Hi, Savan. How are you? Let me begin the show today with our sincerest apology on our own articles as well as on behalf of the Football Fraternity.

Savan Shah: Hi Phil. That’s okay. To be honest I may have reacted the same way if our places would have been swapped and I don’t hold any grudge against any Journalists or any News paper. You were doing your job and yours was to speculate whether I deserved a chance or not. I did not have a solid past or enough experience in the world of Football to defend myself with.

Phil McNutty [BBC]: Well that is very magnanimous of you. Let us begin then. How does it feel to lead Oxford to the title in your first full season when the Media were predicting you to finish in mid-table?

Savan Shah: I don’t think I can express in enough words about how happy and proud I am. More of the credit must go the players than me who did most of the hard work on the pitch. They played their hearts out. I am a hard task master, not easy to please and they didn’t get many training sessions off. Even after a match, I would still expect them to train the next day. And they came in without any complains, well mostly (chuckling lightly). They are a good, hard working bunch and I love to work with them. And as far as media predictions are concerned there are many things which can’t be predicted like Hard Work, Determination, Motivation, Morale etc. As it is said “When talent doesn’t work hard, Hard Work beats Talent” or something along the line. My players might not be the most technically gifted but they are hard workers all of them.

Phil McNutty [BBC]: Wow that was quite an answer. You took over when the club was not doing well financially and now they have posted profits for the first time in years. Was it something you were actively involved in?

Savan Shah: Yes I was. It was one of the things that Mr Eales and I had discussed before taking the job on that I would have to help with the financial condition of the club which I had no problem whatsoever to do. I have a sound knowledge of finance and I was ready to put into use.

Phil McNutty [BBC]: What was your strategy if I might ask?

Savan Shah: Well it was no rocket science, all we did was make sure that we get the simple things right. Let me explain. We broke it down into 2 parts:

1) Generate Income

2) Reduce/Save Costs.

To Generate income we used every contacts that we among ourselves, the players, the staff and the board members and I had and set up friendlies, as many as we could. We set it up in pre-season, after matches, in International breaks. We knew it would exhaust our players but then we rotated in those matches or played the U-21’s. It was all about generating income and nothing else at all.

The second part was tougher. We already had a small squad but many players were in there just to provide depth or as rotation players, so I let them go. Tried to sell them and if I couldn’t I offered them for Nada to save the wages to the club. I generated money by actually selling for a fee and trust me at that time even 15K-20K was huge for us. After we had got rid of the players we tried to sign the replacements on loan. Yes we could get players’ whose contracts had expired but we still had to pay them wages but on loan most clubs agreed to let us have the players for free and we used that to save ourselves huge wages. If I remember correctly, I had an unspent wage purse of 12K out of our total budget of 34K and that was huge for the club and I.

Phil McNutty [BBC]: That’s very interesting. I am sure many clubs which are in your position can do something like this and save themselves?

Savan Shah: Absolutely. It’s all about accepting that you are in a mess. That is the important part.

Phil McNutty [BBC]: Very well said. Tell us something about your tactics and your training methods?

Savan Shah: I don’t suppose you have one of those screens that Gary Neville and Jami Carragher use at sky, do you ? No? I thought so. That’s a shame. Well I will explain anyways. Our tactics are actually very simple and we are keen on playing basic football, there is no tiki-taka, no total football. Just basic football principles.
I prefer to have the team prepared in 3 tactics, well just to spring a tactical surprise sometimes on the opponent. The look on their faces is worth seeing when it is completely different then what their scouts told them that we would use. So yes anyways 3 tactics, two of them are simple 4-4-2 and before you ask I have not developed the tactic. It’s a friend of mine, Zyndar, who has developed the tactic and I merely adapted and tweaked it to suit my team.

View attachment 187082
So anyway 4-4-2, 2 banks of four and 2 forwards to do the dirty work? No that’s not it. Every player has specific role as well as positional role while we put the emphasis on crossing and scoring goals through them. Everyone has noticed that we score the majority of our goals through crosses and frankly they should be able to stop them but they can’t because they can’t predict where we will cross it from. You see it’s not only the wide players who cross them sometimes the midfielder will go outside the channel and cross it, sometimes it will be the forwards, sometimes even the Centre back! So it requires a team effort as well as everyone playing their role perfectly. Plus we were lucky to have good passing players so we were able to retain possession if we needed or could work the ball in the box as well.

Also, there were the odd wonder goals like the one Lundstram scored? So that’s pretty much it yeah.

Phil McNutty [BBC]: Well I am sure the football fans in the audience have taken their notes, you make it sound simple but it must be complicated.

Savan Shah: It is not actually, if you had the Sky thingy I would have shown you.

Phil McNutty [BBC]: Maybe next time then (laughing). What are your plans for the upcoming season? The next 5 years?

Savan Shah: I want to try and push for promotion in League 1 as well that is of course if we can get the players we are aiming for and well in 5 years..I would like us to be in the Premier League.

Phil McNutty [BBC]: Isn’t that too high an aim?

Savan Shah: “Aim for the stars, and if you miss you might as well reach the moon”. I have based my life on this and to answer you, no it isn’t. The team is hard working and determined; two things which can make anything possible and with the right set of players we can do it.

Phil McNutty [BBC]: That was very enlightening Savan. Thank you for joining us and congratulations on the Manager of the year award.

Savan Shah: Thank You Phil. Hopefully we can do it again this year.

There it is folks. End of Season 1 from my side. I hope you enjoyed it :) I would welcome any suggestions from your side! I hope to get Season 2 up and running soon

09/06/2016

I am already back at the club from my holiday (I went to Manchester & now I am back). I am too anxious and I haven't given the boys much of a holiday as well as they return next week. We stormed through the league 2 partly due to surprise, loan players and sheer hard work/determination but League 1 will be tougher. The clubs know us, they have stood up and taken notice and they want to put us in our place. It will take some really good transfer deals to take us up a notch again. Can we get back to back promotion though? That is what I am aiming for, depending on of course whom we can get in the transfer window.

My star midfielders Edgars and Carruthers have already denied to come back for a season while Manchester City don't want to loan Erik to us again. Leo wants to try for West Ham first team and Roger Johnson has retired. That's 5 of our key players gone and minimal amount to replace them means I will have to rely on Loan Market. Half of the squad is not just cut for League 1 and will have to accept part-bit role or leave. I am so ****** UP. The season hasn't even begun and I am in sweats. How do I top the achievements of last season? It is going to take more than a miracle for us to do so. On top of that Financial Stability is still a concern and I will have to keep an eye on that every day to insure we don't stumble or fall, it could turn fatal for us otherwise. The last thing we want is administration and I will have to take even more care of our finances.

I have to meet Mr. Eales in an hour as we discuss our season targets, transfer targets and Income sources for the season as well as setting up our friendlies for the pre-season. I hope he agrees to what I propose. These are my aims for the season:

1) Sky Bet League 1: Top Half Finish

2) Johnstone Paint Trophy: Semi Final

3) Capital One Cup: Fourth Round

4) F.A. Cup : Fourth Round

I really hope we can get some good friendlies to move ahead on good financial footing. Wish me luck for the Board Meeting and the season ahead :)

*Few Hours Later*

Well that was one brutal meeting but I am pleased to say that the Board and I agree on most of what I have thought about. We discussed transfer budget, transfer targets, pre-season friendlies, our finances and most importantly my future. DON'T WORRY, I am not leaving. There was an article I read on Espn a while back that a manager in Norway was going to go to different managers in Europe to get their input and developing himself. As I was going to sit for my License exams soon I thought that would be a good experience so I asked Mr. Eales if he could use his contacts to help me talk with them and he agreed to try!

THAT'S ****** BRILLIANT AIN'T IT?

So anyway I have submitted the list of friendlies and the players I have targeted to get (most are on loan). Let's see if the Board and the club agree. While I won't disclose my transfer targets (who knows if one of you is a spy eh?), I am very excited to show you my pre-season matches list. Excited? I bet not more than me:

1) Manchester United

2) Arsenal

3) Chelsea

4) Liverpool

5) Tottenham

6) West Ham

7) Oxford City

8) Nottingham Forest

9) Hearts

Well isn't it a fantastic list? I hope the clubs agree though. Well anyway I have to go prepare before the players and the other staff come in. So I will catch up with you folks later yeah? Let the HUNGER GAMES BEGIN.

I did it again didn't I? I meant let the season begin!

CIAO

Last edited:
Transfer History:

View attachment 186511
I know I went overboard with the transfers but with great players available for absolutely zero cost, I couldn’t resist myself and it will help me with team rotation if we go far in the cups. So it’s not that bad unless all of them complain about playing time which I will deal with it if it happens. This has been almost the perfect Transfer window for us and I will tell you why:

Able backup/rotation keeper: ü
Squad Depth: ü
Good Strikers: ü

Window Rating: 8/10

The only reason I have cut 2 points is that we were unable to move on the dead wood.

Squad Overview:

Goalkeepers

Sam Slocombe: Sam was inspiring for us last season and will be given chance to emulate the same in League 1. I hope that his years of experience in the lower leagues can be put to use as we look to climb the football league ladder.

Lee Nicholls: Signed on a free from Wigan, the ex-premier league shot stopper will prove to be an able back-up for Slocombe and could also prove to be a rotational player which would allow me to give slocombe some rest. Capable of both genius saves and forgettable blunder, he will have to prove consistency to be first choice.

Position Rating: 4.5/5

Depth: 5/5

Full Backs

Leo Chambers: Leo agreed to come back for one more season after limited chances at West Ham and that is wonderful news for us. He is a brilliant full back whose crossing keeps on improving and will be again first choice for the season.

Donald Love: The ex-Manchester United player is again an understudy and unless he does something phenomenal this season will most likely be allowed to leave at the end of the season, he has failed to impress in training and matches when given chance. I am disappointed by him and his share of wages can be better utilized.

Danny Fox: This is a semi-coup as the ex-Nottingham Forest player joins us on a free transfer and hefty wages so it is a gamble. Fox has bombed up and down the left wing in the championship for the past few years and his experience could come handy in our first season in the League 1.

Cameron-Borthwick Johnson: I know, it’s another Manchester United Academy Graduate and YES I will be looking for more of them if they are available just because of my love for Manchester United, but apart from that, this guy has the chance to be a brilliant fullback/central defender in future. I have signed him more for his potential and I hope that unlike Love, he fulfills it.

Position Rating: 3.5/5

Depth: 3/5

Centre Backs

Jake Wright: Captain and Leader Wright will again marshal the defenses but albeit in a more rotational role as he gives up his place to younger and quicker players. His experience and leadership qualities will be vital as he shepherds a young defense.

Cameron Burgees: The young Australian defender from Fulham is a traditional defender, not much of a ball player but a very good tackler and physical stats to back him up. He is a touch slow and needs to be played with a faster player in order to get the best out of him.

Alex Tuanzebe: The young centre back has been brought for the season on loan and adds much required pace and speed to the back line. With his comfort on the ball, he adds an extra dimension to a somewhat stagnant centre backs.

Pierce Sweeney: An experienced head signed on a one year contract to help the youngsters, extension will be decided at end of the season.

Position Rating: 3/5

Depth: 2.5/5

Midfielders

John Lundstram: He is the fulcrum of the side being one of the most senior players at the club in terms of playing experience and talent. He can pass, win the ball and score spectacular goals. He is the leader in the centre of the park and will be the main man for the club.

Sean Goss: Another Manchester United player on loan, his ability to create chances and to spot players with his passing range is exceptional for the league and might as well prove too hot to handle. Slightly light weight, he needs a ball winner with him to be at his best.

Florent Covelier: One of the best midfielders at the club and the league, his playmaking abilities are supreme and so is his movement off the ball. The presence of him along with Lundstram and Goss makes me want to switch to a three man midfield.

Cannice Carrol: The youth academy product will be in and around the first team squad but will have to show lots of promise in the training to be selected.

Ismael Bennacer: A ball winning midfielder who can also assume the box to box role will prove to be an able deputy for the season. He like Lundstram has an eye for goal and likes to arrive late in the box which I hope can help us win those tight matches.

Position Rating: 5/5

Wingers

Kemar Roofe: The winger turned striker last season will return to the wings where I hope to exploit his pace as well as his penchant for cutting in inside and scoring goals. His experience as a striker will help us as we look to get more goals from the midfield.

Alex McDonald: He was in supreme form last season but with the return of Roofe to wings, his future looks a little bleak with his contract set to expire next season. An invaluable player from the bench but it looks more and more like his last season at the club.

Callum O’Dowda: The youngster has brilliant speed and good crossing abilities as he will be handed a chance to make the left wing his own. If we gain promotion he will be at max good for a backup role.

James Coppinger: The experienced winger has already announced his retirement but is proving a useful mentor for the young porter.

Lee Porter: The academy player has been touted as a future Championship winger and he will stay in the first team with odd cameo roles as we look to continue his development into one of the clubs best.

Sinan Bytyqi: The player while very good will mostly play a backup role with only 5 loan players allowed in the squad. But with zero wages I would mostly keep him all season unless City complains.

Marcus Agyei-Tabi: The young Arsenal midfielder can play in any midfield position but will mostly serve as a backup winger.

Position Rating: 3.5/5

Depth: 4/5

Strikers

Danny Hylton: The experienced striker is in his last year of contract and I will try to sell him or let his contract run, he is not cut for this level.

Sam Byrne: The young striker has to improve a lot is he is to cut it in the upper league, the only striker on the clubs payroll which can cut it though.

Tom Lawrence: The attacking midfielder was signed on the deadline to play a specific role as a False Nine. It is a huge punt which will be revisited again in December.

Valentin: The forward from Fulham tormented us in League 2 and has been brought to the side to provide us the goals that we need. His stats mean he is comfortable in any role up top and is the best striker at the club.

Arnel Jakupovic: The Middleborough player can play anywhere through the middle but will be mostly played as a False Nine. He has very good passing, vision and decision making and hopefully can provide us plenty of goals and assist.

Position Rating: 5/5

STAR PLAYERS:

John Lundstram

View attachment 186552
Florent Covelier

View attachment 186551
Kemar Roofe

View attachment 186550
Valentin

View attachment 186549
Arnel Jakupovic

View attachment 186547

P.S: Sorry for the long post! :D

Sorry folks, I have been sick and couldn't update, will get one up soon :)

Pre-Season Review:

View attachment 185309
It was a long and tiring pre-season but it ticked every of the boxes that I wanted should be ticker. If I remember correctly we played almost 11-12 matches in the pre-season which started with giants of England coming to Kassam Stadium and ended with Scottish side Hearts and although we didn’t win many of the matches, we built two things:

1)Fitness

2)Money & Relationship with the clubs

The biggest take away from the pre-season was when Manchester United came to Kassam. I couldn’t believe it as I met my heroes like Wayne Rooney, Ryan Giggs and modern Icons like Juan Mata. I was elated and wanted to ask for everyone’s autograph but alas I had to behave in a positive manner. I hoped that the player would look at the big players and the clubs and learn from them, their professionalism and their training routine and I hoped to inculcate that at Oxford and all of the clubs and their players and head coaches were very helpful to us and helped us prepare for the season ahead.

If you just look at the results, it was a terrible pre-season but look beyond and you will see what it really was, a gem of a pre-season. We gave them all a fight and except lead we were just beaten by a single goal and yes it was pre-season and the big boys didn't give it everything and yet to not get thrashed by them was an achievement in itself.

AUGUST REVIEW:

05/08/2017

View attachment 185276
We start our season against the favorites for the title and it gave me a very good idea of how the season is going to be. We blew the contenders away on the pitch as Valentin makes a promising debut. We passed better, tackled better and finished better than the favorite team and this gives me optimism that maybe…just maybe we can get promotion again.

08/08/2017

View attachment 185275
I am very happy as I expected the match to go the penalties but the boys defended resolutely and took their chances with aplomb to take us through to the Second round. Chris Whelpdale’s goal made it look like a close match but it wasn’t.

12/08/2017

View attachment 185274
2 in 2 to begin with as we breeze past Rochdale, a team I have hated since I took over at Oxford. These are the games that we need to win and the boys did just that. A first goal for Jackson as well who is looking promising at left back.

19/08/2017

View attachment 185273
A draw probably seems a fair result as Blackpool pushed us throughout the match, they matched our attack as well as defense and in a way we were lucky to get away with a draw as they began their onslaught after the second goal.

22/08/2017

View attachment 185272
YESSS! I am so happy to defeat Wolves who are in a division above us and that too with just 10 men on the pitch. Jakupovic was phenomenal and the boys hardly gave wolves a sniff. I am proud of the boys and I hope we can continue further in the competition.

26/08/2017

View attachment 185271
The curse just doesn’t go away! I can’t even remember the number of times this has happened as we again struggle to beat a club lying in the bottom echelons of the league. Both of the goals were a carbon copy of each other and I will be having a word or two with the back line which seemed asleep half of the time.

29/08/2017

View attachment 185270
We barely make it through the next round as Coventry gave us a hard time and then we had to endure a long, nervy penalty shootout in which they were thankfully worse than us. I am happy that we have managed to progress in both the cups this month.

Month Overview:

View attachment 185269
A grueling start to the season as we play 7 matches this month but thankfully remained unbeaten. The boys gave it their all and I am very happy that they didn’t let the media or critics write us off as one-season wonders as we showed them that we belong in this league!

P.S: I forgot to take picture of the table, but we are 2nd​ or 3rd​ I believe. Dare I think of a promotion?

IN OTHER NEWS

View attachment 185268
View attachment 185266
View attachment 185265
Such a strange rule isn't it? You can't field a weakened team due to this!

SEPTEMBER REVIEW:

02/09/2017

View attachment 185224
We start the month with a hard fought victory over the league leaders as Roofe shows us just how important he is. He has a knack of scoring goals in tight matches and that’s what he did today as we secure a priceless win to go top of the league! What was the chat about finishing mid-table about?

05/09/2017

View attachment 185223
It was a game where clinical finishing was the difference as we score 4 goals out of 5 on target. I was worried when they opened the scoring but the boys responded brilliantly. Agyei-Tabi pulled the strings in the match grabbing an assist and goal while Roofe continued his good vein of form as well. I think we should aim for the title.

09/09/2017

View attachment 185222
Brought down to the earth? More like smashed down and then being laughed on. We were unbeaten in the league and flying high and I thought that would continue but Bradford shows us that we are still a work in progress as they ran circles around us. A chastising defeat.

12/09/2017

View attachment 185221
It was very important that we respond properly to the loss and we did that so I am very happy. Moreover Bury is one of the teams chasing promotion and a win over them helps us build some distance as well. A welcome win after the disappointment at Bradford.

16/09/2017

View attachment 185220
Two in a trot and a similar score line as well. We were never in trouble in the match and had hit the cruise control early on which we never let go. Even when they halved the deficit we were very comfortable. I was very happy with Goss in the match as he scores in his first start for the club.

19/09/2017

View attachment 185219
Although I should credit the boys for playing well I am disappointed to go out. Yes Brighton are in the premier league but we should have done much better than just roll over. Even after getting a goal back the spark was missing to grab the equalizer. And just like that we are out of the cup and fail to reach my goal of Fourth round.

23/09/2017

View attachment 185218
A closer match than the score line suggests and again the difference was clinical finishing. Jakupovic has stepped up in the absence of Valentin while Tabi has made the left wing his own with his creative passing and late arrival in the box runs which makes him a marking nightmare. Another win as we take League One by storm.

30/09/2017

View attachment 185217
I hope this is a dress rehearsal as we face Burton again in 3 days time in the cup. We were slow and lethargic before the goal woke us up and then we road raged them out of the game. Jakupovic grabs another 3 and he makes it Five in Two games. Wish he was a permanent player for us! Never the less, a good win to keep our run going in the league. It’s four on the trot now.

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 185216
I can’t really complain can I? We were expected to hover around the mid table but are packing punches at the top. The Bradford win was very disheartening though as the players showed no passion and so was the loss against Brighton. Eh, Minor blips though and I hope to continue this good vein of form.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 185215
Top of the table on Goal Difference!! If someone might have told me this before 2 months I would have reported him for drugs but yet here we are. Or Are we? Am I on drugs maybe? It feels so.

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 185213

Tabi wins it for the second time in a row. The arsenal loanee has proved to be a brilliant acquisition.

View attachment 185214
Youth player Porter breaks record of youngest player as I look to give him minutes to accelerate his progress, Can he become the Gem he is destined to be?

OCTOBER REVIEW:

03/10/2017

View attachment 185202
Second time in two seasons that we are knocked out of the Cup by teams which we had defeated 3 days ago and that isn’t a good feeling. Ex-Bayern man Jennings ripped us apart in the second half and we had absolutely no response to him. I am gutted to be out of the competition as we finish far below our aim of the Quarter finals.

07/10/2017

View attachment 185201
The best way to forget a defeat is to blitz past your next opponent and that’s what we did. In a match which was supposed to be an even game, Shrewsbury never showed up and we took full advantage of that dominating them from the first minute as we complete a 4-0 win.

14/10/2017

View attachment 185200
I thought that Shrewsbury match would be the match of the month for me but the boys proved me wrong as they scored 6 past a hapless Doncaster team. SEVEN goals were scored in the first half while the second half was a tepid affair. We have won 6 on the trot in the league now as we consolidate our top position at the top.

17/10/2017

View attachment 185199
Just as I begin to think that we are flying we are shot back down to earth as a beautiful Sinclair goal sinks us against Oldham. We should have scored and taken all the three points but our shots went nowhere near the goal post which was very disappointing. I think humility is the way to move ahead from now.

21/10/2017

View attachment 185198
We were lucky to escape with a point here as the players fell asleep after going ahead and we failed to hit any other shot on target throughout the match. The performance was very poor and I let them know that by cancelling their break. Back to the training ground boys!

28/10/2017

View attachment 185197
It is after matches like this that I wonder how the players’ just fall asleep in some matches. A man down with our back against the wall, we defended like our life depended on it and then proceeded to score a stoppage time winner. I wanted to tell them how proud I was but that will just inflate their big heads. A vital win to end the month.

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 185196
A mixed month for us with the biggest disappointment being knocked out of the cup. The players need to find consistency in order to be in race for promotion which is going to be a tight affair. All in all a good month as we perform way above what media thought we would.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 185195
Top of the table again and we have a lead of 2 points now but again we have to guard against complacency.

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 185192