NOVEMBER REVIEW:

04/11/2017

View attachment 185031
We begin our F.A Cup campaign with League 2 perennials Notts County and I was expecting one tough match but they just rolled over hardly showing any enterprise when going forward as our midfielders won the match for us! Second Round it is!

11/11/2017

View attachment 185030
I face my first local derby in the form of the A420 Derby as we travel to Swindon looking to maintain our good form. Swindon has gathered some nice experienced players but they lack for pace and I was looking to exploit and it and that’s what we did. Kemar Roofe ran riot scoring 2 goals and assisting one with *** replying for them in a fiery first half before a tepid second half insured a Derby WIN!!!

18/11/2017

View attachment 185029
Peterborough is one of teams competing for promotions and they showed us as such in the match as they played with a fire and passion and it took 2 very well taken goals for us to win the match. Despite losing the match, I am sure when the run in commences Peterborough will be one of the team fighting with us for the title.

25/11/2017

View attachment 185028
Another match in which our victory ran riot and ripped through the slowing and aging legs of the opposition. I am so used to seeing this goal:
Fox/Johnson to Lundstram
Lundstram to Dowda
Dowda races ahead and crosses to the Far Post
Roofe arrives late and bundles it in!!

A perfect month for us for the first time this season!

MONTHLY OVERVIEW:

View attachment 185027
I am a very happy manager to achieve the perfect month as we scored 3 goals in each match and the only blip was conceding in all matches in the league but meh, I shouldn’t be so uptight!

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 185026
We extend our lead to Six points as the chasing pack fight among themselves, Could I really lead the team to an unexpected title?

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 185025
Manager of the month! :) Always feel happy to win this and be acknowledged.

DECEMBER REVIEW:

02/12/2017 (F.A. CUP)

View attachment 185021
It was slightly tighter than I would have liked but we never looked like losing it. A needless penalty raised some nerves but in the end Valentin made sure that we went through to the third round where we face League 2 Side Stevenage and raises the chance of progressing further.

09/12/2017

View attachment 185020
It was a wonder on how we managed to score just 2 as we absolutely smashed and dominated Southend in the match. We were flying in their box and taking shots after shots only to be denied by their Keeper. The major blip was us losing Bennacer in a 4 month layoff which is a bitter blow.

16/12/2017

View attachment 185019
It was a match where we might have lost on any other day but somehow managed to win. Both teams were poor and It was a hard thing to watch and not fall asleep but the signs of a great side is that we win even when we are not good and that is what we are doing.

23/12/2017

View attachment 185018
Can I get the 90 minutes of my life back? If Coventry was bad this was the worst match I have ever managed, absolutely nothing in the game worth reporting even.

26/12/2017

View attachment 185017
I think this has been the kind of month where we have won lots of undeserved matches and this is also among them. Credits to Valentin for his brilliant finishing as he wins us three points in a tight game.

30/12/2017

View attachment 185016
It had to happen eventually as our mediocrity sees us drop points again this month. After taking an early lead we just kind of went in to a shell and a fluke goal by O’Brien gave Coventry a deserving point in the match. We need to re learn the art of finishing games off.

MONTHLY OVERVIEW:

View attachment 185015
In terms of the results the month was good but the quality of play has been very poor which is not helped by our terrible pitch for which the Board doesn’t have money to relay. I think we are going to be under another period of financial stringency in order to make the pitch playable again. I will have to put my finance brain to work again.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 185014
The lead is 13 points now as we run away with the league and that is a very concerning thing for me. We have managed to do well with a bunch of loan players and 1-2 good performers; I doubt we are ready for the championship yet unless we manage to get loan signings of higher caliber.

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 185013
View attachment 185012
View attachment 185010
Messi! Who else?

View attachment 185009
View attachment 185008
Yayye! I extend my stay for another year. I think I would stay at Oxford and build a legacy here rather than leave for Manchester if the opportunity arose, what should I do? Chase my childhood dream or make a legacy with the club who supported me when I was at the lowest?

JANUARY REVIEW:

01/01/2018

View attachment 184649
Another missed penalty which costs us although we did deserve to lose the match. Wigan scored from their only shot on target while even with more possession and more shots we never troubled them. A disappointing loss as we cede vital points in the promotion race.

06/01/2018

View attachment 184648
It was another nothing performance by the team. We took an early lead and then we just pinged it around, luckily for us Stevenage didn’t show much passion as well as we progress to the Fourth round. And boy we do get a yummy fixture!

09/01/2018

View attachment 184647
Consistency! That is what the problem is sometimes. We play like a local pub team and we win. We smash the opponents apart, dominate them and we get a single point. I am still scratching my head as to how we did not get a win here.

13/01/2018

View attachment 184646
I always cherish the wins against Rochdale. Those who have been following from the start would know that I HATE THEM. They have always managed to steal players from right under our noses and that is not a good feeling EVER! IN YOUR FACE!!

20/01/2018

View attachment 184644
The day we stop losing points to the teams in bottom division is the day I emulate Sir Alex. It is so frustrating, game after game, we drop points against team which are playing very bad but suddenly turn up against us! Another two points lost.

27/01/2018

View attachment 184643
I was still in a dream land and awe as my favorite team came to the town for the F.A. Cup. I was pleased to see that Unai Emery had not played a weakened team and we would be able to go toe to toe with one of the best teams in the world. The boys were pumped too and although we were not able to win, we sure gave them a fight and it wasn’t a walkover for Manchester United. In the end though there pace proved to be too much for our sluggish backline. With Tuanzebe and Goss out as well, we missed two key players. Not the result we wanted but I am proud of my team.

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 184642

A very poor month as we manage just a single win in the League and crashed out of the cup albeit by a much larger team. We have to get our act together if we want to get promoted/win the league as the chasing pack cut our lead!

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 184641
We lead by 7 points and have a game in hand but complacency seems to have sneaked in the players mind. We have to regroup and rally back.

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 184640
Lampard is the new QPR Manager. Exciting times as players have started becoming Managers.

View attachment 184639

Last time it was the sell of a player and this time F.A. Cup tie as our finances receive a huge boost thanks to the match with Manchester United!

FEBRUARY REVIEW:

03/02/2018

View attachment 184600
What a way to start the month! Scintillating stuff from both the teams in which we take all the points. Chambers scored 2 brilliant goals in the match and highlights the ways of the modern full back. The end to end stuff kept me on my toes throughout the match. This is the kind of football I love, well with somewhat better defending: D

06/02/2018

View attachment 184599
Another one of our second half collapse. I think I should ask the players not to take the lead in the first half as we go to sleep always in the second one. The loss throws the title race open once again and we are starting to lose our monumental lead. Bradford is up next and we have to win it! Can we?

10/02/2018

View attachment 184598
No we CANT! Lundstram got himself sent off in the 18th​ minute and despite a brilliant effort from the other 10 players, Bradford managed to score 2 late goals and win the match. 2 losses against 2 contenders, is it the end of the fairy tale?

17/02/2018

View attachment 184597
This time we manage to come top in a tight match. Bury has some good players courtesy their Parent Club Manchester City and vying for the play-off spots but it was one of the days when luck favored us more.

20/02/2018

View attachment 184596
An open entertaining match like the one with Bristol City and again we come out on top. We play better when the opponent is trying to score than contain and other managers are noticing that. We need a better creative midfielder to unlock such defenses.

24/02/2018

View attachment 184595
We responded brilliantly to going behind and came out the winners with Roofe leading the team with his work rate alone. I will be honest this guy keeps on getting better match after match and while I thought to sell him when I took over he might be able to do a job for us even in the Premier League. He is that good!

27/02/2018

View attachment 184594
The team in the bottom half must be very happy to face us as we give away points like a Diwali day sale. We show up for the big matches but in matches like this we just surrender; we need a new leader on the pitch as well. We need awful lot of improvement for a team which is top of the table. Mediocre league or do I have very high expectations?

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 184593
A poor month again as we lose vital matches against Sheffield United and Bradford. We need a consistent run to be able to finish the champions. March will be a very crucial month.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 184592
An eight point lead, an increase of 1 point but the momentum is not on our side at the moment and that will play a huge role in march.

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 184591
View attachment 184590

I am so sorry, I have been very sick the past three days but I will provide few mega updates today!

Great story and some incredible results doing incredibly well

Great story and some incredible results doing incredibly well

Thank you so much :) It feels great to hear such things from FM legends like you :D The tactic has been amazing to be honest and I have been able to get decent loan players too!

MARCH REVIEW:

03/03/2018

View attachment 183445
My hopes that the new month will wash out the disaster that was last month proved to be a huge mistake. We controlled the match, kept the ball and passed it to each other without any aim and when the balls were passed to the strikers they were giving training to the opposition keeper! I blasted the boys after the match as our lead gets cut again.

10/03/2018

View attachment 183442
ARGHHH! Another 2 points dropped. This is so frustrating. We have been brilliant throughout and now at the time of reckoning we are throwing it away. This is getting more and more ridiculous but credit to Shrewsbury for a well fought match.

13/03/2018

View attachment 183441
THIS! THIS IS WHAT WE ARE CAPABLE OF! We rip Doncaster to shreds after going behind early. I was afraid when they scored and shouted at the players from the touch line and suddenly the started playing and just knocked them off the pitch. Doncaster simply had no response to our team. Can we keep this flame burning?

17/03/2018

View attachment 183440
Apparently not as we immediately give a performance like a whimpering lamb against Oldham whom we have failed to beat again now. We were ill-disciplined, speculative and totally awful and deserved to lose it as we hand as we give up the top spot after a long long time.

24/03/2018

View attachment 183439
We let in a late equalizer again as Chesterfield go home with a point and we continue our disastrous month. Thankfully for us, Bradford and Peterborough stumbled as well and we have a much better Goal Difference then them. Something needs to change though if we want to win the league.

30/03/2018

View attachment 183437
I tweaked the tactic slightly for the match and resorted to two ball winning midfielders as we run out winners against Portsmouth in what was supposed to be a tough match. It is always pleasant winning against fellow promoted teams and more so when it stops a rut. Can we carry this on?

View attachment 183428
A good piece of news though I am aiming for promotion at the very least!

MONTHLY REVIEW:

View attachment 183436
DISASTER! Sums it up doesn’t it? We could manage only 8 from a reported 18 points!

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 183432
Barely top of the table as our rival play brilliantly to almost topple us from the top. Can we hang on for the last 5 matches or do we enter the record books for one of the dramatic title collapses? We will know in the next 5 matches.

YOUTH INTAKE:

View attachment 183431
Nothing which made me hold my breath!

END OF SEASON REVIEW:

02/04/2018

View attachment 183418
A brilliant start to a nervy month as we continue where we left off at Portsmouth and take a step closer to promotion and title. Roofe and Valentin were brilliant and instrumental to the win and have lived up to their pre-season billing.

10/04/2018

View attachment 183416
It was one of our most important matches of the seasons and while we couldn’t win, a draw is a fair result and helps us keep Peterborough at bay. Lundstram and Goss lead the way for us in this one as we secure a very important result.

14/04/2018

View attachment 183414
A close and tight match which we would have lost last month but just about won it this time as Jullien scores his first for the club. We are now just a single victory away from the title. Can we do it?

28/04/2018

View attachment 183410

View attachment 183380
View attachment 183379
View attachment 183378
WE WIN OUR THIRD LEAGUE ONE TROPHY IN OUR ENTIRE HISTORY AS WE DESTROY SOUTHEND. Roofe lead the way again with 2 goals and one assist as we show up on the biggest match of the season and turned on the style. I am chuffed, delighted as I danced my way on to the pitch at full time. I hugged each of my player as we do the unthinkable and achieve back to back promotions. For a team which was billed to finish in mid table both in League Two and League One, it is one **** of an achievement.

05/05/2018

View attachment 183386
I played a rotated side with nothing to play for and lost but it doesn’t matter. WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

MONTHLY REVIEW:

View attachment 183385
How can a month where we won the title be bad? I had few doubts due to our slump in February and March but the boys stepped it up a notch in April and did it in style. Championship football awaits us next season and it is a healthy boost to the finance of our club. Can we become the first club to achieve triple promotion in English history?

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 183384
The contenders tumbled in the last month and we won the league by a healthy 6 points. Baring 2 months we were always in control and I am really happy with the team. We had goal scorers, ball winners and brilliant defenders. This with one of the lowest transfer spends and wage budgets in the league. That is going to be the same in the Championship and one of my finest challenges. I hope you, the fans, stick with us and help us win a place in the top most echelons of the country.

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 183383
Although this will affect out bank balance and make transfer money hard to come by, a very important development as we upgrade our youth facilities and take them to the next level.

SEASON REVIEW:

View attachment 183368
I don’t know where to start at? Do I begin with the management or the players or the backroom staff because this wouldn’t have been possible without them. The players did the dirty work, the staff kept making sure that they are fit, have proper rest and training as well as provided them enough information on the opponents as well as the players’ own strengths and weakness and the Management kept faith in me and gave me full autonomy at the club which helped me build the team that I did. I will start with the Competition Review:

JOHNSTONE’S PAINT TROPHY

It was very disappointing to go out early out of the cup especially to Burton as I felt we could have won the trophy and now that we are promoted we won’t get the chance to win it. I don’t want another chance if that means we stay in the Championship but I would have loved to get my hand on this but it wasn’t to be.

CAPITAL ONE CUP

I wanted to reach the fourth round but there was no shame in going out to a Premier League side. The fight we showed means that we are capable of a place in the upper half of Championship at least and that made me proud. We always can have a shot next year.

F.A. CUP

A very good F.A. Cup run as we progress to the fourth round before being beaten by Manchester United, which I consider as everything. There is no shame in losing to them especially a strong Manchester United side and I am proud of how the team performed. Next year we will be aiming for the Fifth Round.

SKY BET LEAGUE ONE

WHAT DO I SAY? THIS IS ****** BRILLIANT! (Excuse my language) We were predicted to be 13th​ and we finished 1st​. It was a mixture of discipline, determination and some brilliant signings. We used more or less the same tactic and the players showed their familiarity. I must also credit them for taking their level up another notch as they raised their performance match after match while we took the league by storm. It is the players that have raised me up and I couldn’t be prouder!

OXFORD OVERALL XI

View attachment 183367
Seven players enter our Overall XI as the loan players once again succeed. I am hoping that I can either resign them on loan for another season or purchase them if they are available for a reasonable amount.

CLUB AWARDS:

View attachment 183366
When I first joined Kemar was good enough for League 2, maybe for a few of the teams in the bottom of League One as well but no player has improved like he has as he took the League One by storm. He doesn’t complain if I play him in midfield or up front. He does what he is told, he is first to training and last to leave and if he goes on, I am sure he will be taking the league by storm as well. To score 25 goals as a winger is brilliant and I hope he continues to do this in future as well.

Coming to the Best XI, Byrne is probably the only seletction I disagree with as I felt that Jakupovic was miles ahead of him and should have been selected instead.

END OF THE SEASON AWARDS, NEWS AROUND THE WORLD, WORD FROM THE MANAGER UP NEXT! I MIGHT EVEN PUT UP NEXT SEASONS PREVIEW! STAY TUNED AND THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING :)

Any interest from other teams surely two promotions in a row must have garnered some interest

END OF THE SEASON AWARDS:

LEAGUE ONE:

View attachment 183353
I can't think of a person more deserving of the award as he performed day in day out. He contributed to 38 goals overall - scoring 25 and assisting another 13 while his runs in the box to pull the opposition defensive line apart can't be put into these stats even. This player has been a revelation.

View attachment 183335
2nd in the Top Goalscorers!!

View attachment 183334
My second award in 2 seasons! I score 2 out of 2 and surprise the leagues in both of my full seasons and it is amazing. I dedicate this award to my players! :)

View attachment 183333
SEVEN PLAYERS IN TOTY and only 3 on loan. It is a brilliant achievement from my players. I whistled at each name as they went to the stage! Screw decency!

View attachment 183321
FINANCIAL SUMMARY:

View attachment 183332
Surprised? We fall back into losses this year but I am not sad or concerned. Indeed I am very happy by the loss. Why you might ask? Here's why

View attachment 183331
View attachment 183330
If we somehow manage the impossible and get promoted to the Premier League, we will be playing in our own stadium as we start purchase procedure from the city council!

View attachment 183329
Our Promotion earns us an increase of our sponsorship income by TEN TIMES! I never believed I would be able to pursue my passion of Football and Finance together but now I am living it!

AROUND THE WORLD:

View attachment 183326
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: BAYERN MUNICH

EUROPA LEAGUE: CHELSEA

F.A. CUP: CHELSEA

CAPITAL ONE CUP: MANCHESTER CITY

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 183323
Another player joins the Coaching band Wagon!

View attachment 183322
End of the road for Rooney?

View attachment 183320
Pleased that a Manchester United player won it!

View attachment 183319
SAY WHAT?

Last edited:
Any interest from other teams surely two promotions in a row must have garnered some interest

Only 2 which is really surprising, Huddersfield and Wolves. I even gave the interviews but was unsuccessful but I think the reason for that maybe my Coaching Licenses, I just have a National Level B License

Last edited:
01/08/2018

BBC didn’t invite me this time around and I don’t blame them, he would have asked the same questions and I would have given the same answers. It gets boring after a while and though there were other magazines, newspapers and websites wanting a word from me, I decided to take a different route altogether. I have decided to publish a yearly newsletter in which I will write about the season, transfers, tactics, preview of the next season and stuff so that I can connect with the clubs supporters as well who have been truly fantastic. I think I might even name it like Marcottis’ Musings but I have found nothing which goes with Shah as of now so it will be unnamed for the time period till I find a suitable name. Can you help me with that? You guys are smart aren’t you? Send in some suggestions: D

So anyways I wanted to mainly talk about the season that was finished and the season that is ahead and it will be a very interesting year for all involved at the club and for you as well of course. So let’s start.

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON 2018/19

TEAM: OXFORD UNITED

NICKNAME: US

MANAGER: SAVAN SHAH

MEDIA PREDICTION: 24TH

View attachment 183185
So this is how it stands for now. I don’t care much about what the Media thinks because if that was the case we would still be in League 2 and not scaring opponents in Championship. The Chairman Mr Eales is happy if we avoid getting into relegation scrap with the other teams, the board is also happy with the same while the players think that maybe we could do enough to achieve mid-table.

View attachment 183183

And Me?

I think we can finish in the top half quite easily. I have had a look at the squads of different teams that we will face in the season and I don’t think that they are miles ahead of us and with the right signings and a good amount of motivation we might be able to surprise a lot of teams this season.

My inner ambition though is to achieve what no team has yet achieved ever in the history of English Football. A triple promotion from League 2 to the Premier League in THREE consecutive seasons has never been achieved before and I would very much like to include my name into the history books. Whenever one wants to study of Football History in England, I want Oxford United’s name to be read by them. I have not told anyone yet but that will be my goal.

Season Goal: Promotion to premier league.

TRANSFERS:

View attachment 183182
I have decided to not renew any of the loan signings for now. I want to assess the free player market after the clubs release the players at the end o June and depending on their availability I will make a move for some or all of my ex-players. The squad is in need of strengthening, there are various areas which need it. On top of my head:

2 Full Backs
2 Central Defenders
1 backup winger
1 backup central midfielder
2 Centre forwards

We have depended heavily on loans and I don’t mind doing that again but I would love if half of the signings I need would join on a permanent basis so as to not scramble for new players at the start of the next season and also due to the fact that I can’t play more than 5 a match and then I have the Manager of the player complaining about the game time. That is exhausting.

I haven’t told you about my budget have I?

View attachment 183184

Pretty neat isn’t it? My previous budget was 46K so this is a huge increase over that and more than enough to meet my ambitions. I thought I would receive something along the lines of 250K so with a budget of 2.5 Million I think we should aim for the play-offs at the minimum, what do you think? I don’t want to spend all the money though, I want to save money for January where I will re-assess our goals and make signings accordingly as that I think is very important in the lower leagues of football or when you are tipped for relegation.
So that’s my transfer policy done and dusted. I won’t reveal the players I am aiming at, that would be too much information too soon, who knows if one of you is a rival scout eh?

TACTICS:

4-4-2 has served us well in both League 1 and League 2 and I will be using the same in championship as well though the roles will change from match to match, depending on the opposition, injuries as well as what position we are in.

I like the opposition guessing, sometimes we set up a counter tactic even at home and attacking away, I don’t want them to be confident how we will start the game. There might be times I will drop my star player to give someone else a chance just to see the opposing team manager scratching his head. That doesn’t mean I will select those who don’t deserve to play though, everyone will have to give everything in training.
I generally have a fixed XI and don’t rotate much but that could change with an exceptional performance in training or an injury or suspension and I expect the players to be ready for that. No one has a guaranteed place in the team or even the squad; you fight for your position in every training session and every match, that’s how it works.

Well that is enough about us now, now the special section of the newsletter where I tell you about World Football in general. You can even ask me questions which you want answers to and I will provide them

AROUND THE WORLD:

View attachment 183181
The coolest manager in Football?

World Cup News:

Winner: Belgium

Runners Up: Morocco

Awards:

View attachment 183180
Bruyne dazzled the world and led Belgium as they became World Champions.

View attachment 183179
England reached the semi-finals and it was due to this man as he takes over the mantle of Rooney. The difference being he scores in major tournaments :D

View attachment 183178
The young Moroccan and Real Madrid Prodigy announced his arrival to the world in a spectacular manner.

View attachment 183177
Another Belgian bags an award!

View attachment 183176
Belgium assert their dominance with 6 players in the Dream Team! Congratulations to the World Champions!

Great story mate! I didn't had the chance to read all, but the league tables are looking fantastic! Which versions of Deadly Circle did you used mostly?

Great story mate! I didn't had the chance to read all, but the league tables are looking fantastic! Which versions of Deadly Circle did you used mostly?

I have used V2 mostly in League One, while I alternated between Counter and Attack in League Two