• Under 18's

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coolmcool

Reaction score
Man Utd

View attachment 218141

So i have literally been playing a similar save on FM 2015 and just got the New FM16 today and pretty much want to carry on where i left off with Man Utd.

Im not going to do any transfers this summer as i get a feel of the squad but hope to promote my youth players from within and get some good academy players coming through into the youth squad.

Before i do too much though i wanted to see what you guys would Prefer in the rules i set myself

1 - Dont sign anyone ever

2 - Only sign players who are Homegrown for Man Utd

3 - Only Sign one player a year

4 - Only sign players under the age of 18

I will set up a pole for this too but would love to see what you guys think and i am very excited to get going!

Last edited:
Ive voted for under 18's only signings, but maybe one galactico of any age a season?

That guy does look very stylish indeed ;) Furthermore I would like to see you sign only homegrown players, I like the idea of United becoming sort of the Bayern Munich (before Guardiola) of the elite of Football, meaning that they have a team which is mostly built around English players.

That guy does look very stylish indeed ;) Furthermore I would like to see you sign only homegrown players, I like the idea of United becoming sort of the Bayern Munich (before Guardiola) of the elite of Football, meaning that they have a team which is mostly built around English players.
Thanks mate, i did around 11 seasons with Barcelona without signing anyone and really enjoyed the save so hoping to go along those sorts of lines.
Wtf is with his hair??? Haha
Hes actually bald and just dropped his Spaghetti dinner on his head

Man Utd

View attachment 218042

A look at my Players

My Best 3 Players

David De Gea - GK

View attachment 218040

In a save were i wont be signing many players having a good young GK is key, we manage to keep him away from Real Madrid in real life and hes signed a new deal on an absolute mint so i hope he puts the performances in to match!

Juan Mata - AMRLC

View attachment 218039

On my recent save with Man Utd on FM15 he was arguably one of the best players in the World and at least the best in the League so has a lot to live up to but i always rely heavily on my wingers and with Di Maria gone he will be key.

Wayne Rooney - ST

View attachment 218037

Those of you that have followed my previous Utd saves know i can never get the best out of Rooney but he will be all the more important this season with Falcao and RVP gone and Martial and Wilson not looking the finished articles just yet.

Best 3 Young Players

Anthony Martial

View attachment 218036

One of those players were you have to look at them on FM not in real life after his blistering start to life in the real world i think hes going to take longer to settle in the game.

Timothy Fosu Mensah - DC

View attachment 218034

Hes potential has shot up this year compared to the player he could become last year but he will really struggle to make it into our first team at centre back with some decent players in their but most of our defenders are pretty young.

Memphis Depay - AMRLC

View attachment 218031

Hes going to have to fill the void left by Di Maria for me and will play on the opposite wing to Mata with Rooney hopefully doing a job upfront by himself.​

Hahaha, love your manager mate. Very stylish! Good luck with this, If its half as good as your Barca one, it should be epic!

Man Utd

View attachment 217885

Pre-Season - July 2015

Well the friendlies didnt go too well, we lost 4 out of the 6 we had set up with the only one we saved any face in the 1-0 loss to Barcelona, we did play well in some games and come out the losers as i rotated the squad around to make sure everyone was fit for the new season but our only wins came against Crewe and Moreiresne.

In other news Aston Villa Manage to bring in Frank De Boer

View attachment 217884

I hope my curse for injuries from last year dont carry on but Rooney is already set to miss the start of the new season

View attachment 217883

Schweinsteiger Out for 2 Months!

View attachment 217882

So were not given much hope in Winning the Premier League with our best hope a 3rd place finish, with it being my first season on the new game Champions League Football next year is all im looking for too.

View attachment 217881

Champions League Playoffs Draw

View attachment 217880

Fenerbache are a tough team but not the hardest team we could have faced but they will include a couple of familiar faces in RVP and Nani who only just left us.

4 Key players Injured and a Suspension to start the new Season

View attachment 217874

So thats my tactic for the first game but i can tell you that only 5 games later i have changed it numerous of times and added lots of different instructions will post up what im using when i like the look of it. Up next is my first game in charge against Sunderland

Man Utd

View attachment 217861

August 2015

Man Utd V Sunderland

View attachment 217850

So as you can see we were all over them for most of the game but it took a late wondergoal from Sub Antonio Valencia to separate the two of us.

Liverpool V Man Utd

View attachment 217824

So they got an early goal through James Milner and then sat out the rest of the game as we tried and tried to break them down and get that equalizer with 20 odd chances at goal but we struggled in front of goal again.

Thanks Halldor for the Support!

View attachment 217847

Champions League Playoffs - 1st Leg
Fenerbache V Man Utd

View attachment 217828

So not a terrible result as we earn a 0-0 draw away from home but i would have loved an important away goal. It was a pretty even game with both sides attackers looking poor.

In our opening 3 games we have had 59 shots but scored just once So with our Striking options not looking good and the one transfer per season rule winning my poll i decided to immediately bring in a star striker in the shape of Higuain for near £50Million

View attachment 217827

Gonzalo Higuain - ST

View attachment 217826

Man Utd V West Brom

View attachment 217823

Higuain had a debut to forget with Luke Shaw getting our only goal of the game just after the hour mark, we are lucky our defence is so good as our attackers are shocking.

So before the next all important match against Fenerbache i thought i would sort out my tactic, many of you will remember the tika taka tactic i used a lot last year that was downloaded from this site, i have tried to go down along those lines as i like to play with only one striker and a DMC and heres my first try.

View attachment 217822View attachment 217821

Champions League Playoffs 2nd Leg
Man Utd V Fenerbache

View attachment 217820

Well as you can see the new tactics worked a treat for this game as we ran out easy 5-0 winners, Herera, Mata and Depay had all netted inside the opening 12 minutes before Depay netted another just before the break, Martial then came off the bench to net his first ever goal for the club.

We get a rather straight forward Champions League group as the old rule that Man Utd always have it easy in Europe comes true

View attachment 217819

Crystal Palace V Man Utd

View attachment 217818

Oh no! What happened to my new amazing tactic that was awesome!?! We couldnt cope with Palace's counter attacking style whilst we never looked like scoring.

Fellaini Joins PSG for Near £20Million Fee

View attachment 217817

Fellaini is just not my kind of player and i thought i would get rid of him now before his value goes downhill too much.

League Table

View attachment 217816

Down in 9th place after 2 wins and 2 losses whilst Chelsea sit top of the table with 4 straight wins, De Boer hasnt been able to help Villa though who sit in the relegation zone.

Man Utd

View attachment 217726

September 2015

Summer Transfer Window Round-Up

View attachment 217699

Chelsea spent the most money in the Summer whilst we had the biggest Transfer deal coming in with Higuain whilst our deal selling Fellaini was the 3rd biggest with Chelsea's brilliant signing of free kick kingpin Calhanoglu

Man Utd V Norwich

View attachment 217698

A good 2-0 win as we have even possession but we have a load more chances on goal with Mata scoring early on and then netting a late penalty to confirm the win, they had Jonny Howson sent off, not long after Luke Shaw was sent off for a needless foul.

Schneiderlin Out for 7 Weeks

View attachment 217697

Champions League Groups
Man Utd V BATE

View attachment 217690

Now thats a result that shows the tactic is starting to work as we utterly dominate them from start to finish with a shed load of chances, Mata, Depay and Young all netted inside the opening 32 minutes before Rooney's nightmare start to the new season continued as he missed a late penalty.

Bournemouth V Man Utd

View attachment 217687

Young netted inside the first couple of minutes and the game was all but over, Higuain had got two assists in the last game but finally got his all important first couple of goals in this game and hopefully the flood gates we finally open now.

Capital One Cup 3rd Rnd
Hull V Man Utd

View attachment 217678

So i played a few of my youth players in the Cup including McNair, Mensah, Wilson and Gribbin and boy did it show, they scored first before Darmian managed to score an amazing goal from a cross.
Luckily by the time it went all the way to penalties we had a few more experienced heads on up front and went through easily.

Higuain Out for 3 Weeks

View attachment 217677

Fosu Mensah and Gribbin Make Their Debuts

View attachment 217674

God i Hate Rooney

View attachment 217672

Man Utd V Chelsea

View attachment 217670

Oh what a ****** result! 4-0! I know in real life Chelsea are practically relegated but in the game their not a terrible side, Depay netted a Hattrick whilst Wayne Moaney got the 4th.

Champions League Groups
Galatasaray V Man Utd

View attachment 217668

Rooney scores the only goal in a very important European game, he seems to have loved the fact that i fell out with him but hes know my only choice up front but as long as he keeps scoring i dont care.

League Table

View attachment 217658

Up into 4th place after 3 straight league wins but Arsenal still lead the way up top undefeated after their first 7 games.
Since i worked out my tactics we have won an incredible 7 out of our last 8 games!​

Man Utd

View attachment 217510

October 2015

Stoke V Man Utd

View attachment 217509

This match was definetly a tale of two halves as we dominated the first half with Mata netting a goal but he should of had 3 or 4 the way he was playing and then Rooney netted early on in the second half to seal the victory, the goal seemed to kick Stoke into life though as they were all over us and were unlucky to only score once.

McNair Joins Burnley on a Short Term Loan

View attachment 217508

Man Utd V Man City

View attachment 217507

Aguero netted early on and then they just sat on the lead, We had loads of chances but i cant say any of them were much good.

Jones Injured Again As Hes Yet To Play For Me

View attachment 217503

Champions League Groups
Man Utd V Dynamo Kyiv

View attachment 217502

Higuan and Depay have another mare, as we go from 7 wins in a row to 2 straight losses, this was an important game to as it will be a lot tougher away from home.

Valdes out for 6 Weeks

View attachment 217501

Tottenham V Man Utd

View attachment 217500

So we get back on track with a lucky draw against Tottenham with Herera netting the equalizer after Chadli put them ahead.

Capital One Cup 4th Rnd
Man Utd V Man City

View attachment 217499

Mata gets the only goal in a game in which we dominated, Higuain is likely to be dropped from the next game and Rooney brought back in as Higuain has just been pants.

Man Utd V Newcastle

View attachment 217497

What a game! We played so much better with Higuain in the side, Depay netted twice and Rooney got a beautiful goal before Herrera netted the 4th, Then im not sure what happened to our defence as Newcastle netted 3 times near the end of the game to give us a nervy end to the game.

League Table

View attachment 217496

Up into second place on equal points with Chelsea but Arsenal are flying off into the distance after 10 wins in their opening 11 league games​

So now that the Homegrown Players choice on the poll has flown ahead if it stays like that by January i will sell Higuain whos been rubbish and then just bring in the English players

Been debating over a save for the past few days and think I'll have a cheeky go at this. Being a United fan I'd love to see them going back to home grown talent. Shame about higuain... Your gonna need some luck with a striker coming through gonna be reading!!!