Reaction score
View attachment 223044
Breaking News : Tony Pulis steps down as Stoke City Manger!

‘Reports have come in that Tony Pulis has resigned as Stoke City’s manager after six years in charge of the Potters. The reason however is yet to be disclosed, many believing the reason to be a ’break up of communication with the board’
View attachment 223045

Bookies are already making Guus Hiddink 2/1 favourite as he is rumoured to be looking at a return to the Premier League after being without a club for a while. Other candidates for the job are ; Avram Grant 3/1 , Steve Bruce 7/2 and rookie Jake Burrows, the odds on him succeeding Pulis are at 100/1.

‘More updates will be straight to you as we get them!’

A bit about myself!

Hi guys, this is my first FM story, so be kind however helpful criticism will be taken on board! I’ve decided to make a story with stoke as they look a good challenge to take on. I will try get updates as soon as I can, after school and stuff. Especially this week whilst I’m off on half - term!
Hope this all goes well..

View attachment 223120

TOP NEWS : New-Boy Jake Burrows is rumoured to be at the Britannia stadium for a meeting!

‘Jake Burrows, who has only ever taken charge of a small local team Grimsby Borough is rumoured to be meeting with Stoke City chairmen Peter Coates to discuss terms.

View attachment 223121

City fans are having mixed emotions over the managerial shortlist that the club have brought together.

Alex Burnes,18 ‘Guus Hiddink is my preferred choice as he’s got experience also I admired the way he coached Chelsea a few year back’

Christopher Hurts, 48 ‘I like the idea of Avram Grant or Jake Burrows, Avram has experience and obvious talent, yet Jake is a young, new manager. Both have a point to prove with Grant having a bad time with Chelsea and Burrows wanting to step up to the ’Big club’ level’

Two hours later…

View attachment 223122

Stoke City FC announce Burrows as their new manager!

Jake Burrows has been given a two year deal worth £21,500 a week.

Jake was given the vacant post after a one and half hour meeting with Peter Coates. This is what Peter had to say on his new appointment:

‘I am pleased to announce that Jake Burrows has taken over as manager from Tony Pulis. We are very please with the appointment of him. Just to reassure fans, we have looked at Jake’s records and he had a very good return and we are going to him in everyway possible to put Stoke on the European map! Thankyou.’

Reporters managed to get a glimpse of Tony’s successor and he took a little time out of his now very busy schedule to talk to us.

I’m delighted to be given the opportunity to manage Stoke and after talking with the board, I am looking forward to the ambitions shown and described by Peter and the rest of the directors. See you all tomorrow in the conference room! Thanks’

How am I going so far?
Would you prefer long or short match reports?
Next up, 1st day…​

Burrows’ View

Today, has been a pacey day! I’ve introduced myself to the staff here, all seems okay. David kemp, the assistant manager of the club seems a top bloke, he’s got the job of helping me settle in and make myself at home. Over the next few weeks I’ll be judging the staff as I go along and make sure I have the right staff for the beginning of the Premiership big kick-off!
I’ve got a squad report made for me, so chow for now as I go and check it out. Then will be the big ‘Meeting’ of the players and I!
This season I am aiming to play a nice attractive, passing game with us playing the opposition off the pitch.
View attachment 223133

Wow! The meeting went great, I have spoke to the players and told them my ambitions for the season and the objectives I need them to meet in order for me to meet the chairmen’s!

In Goal I have, in my view two main keepers to choose from. Asmir Begovic is the best in the squad, but Sorensen is defiantly a great back-up!

Defensively I have three great centre backs! Which is always great, ideally my first choices will be Huth and Shawcross, however wood gate will be able to slot in a empty spot whenever. My full backs however, will be the position I will be looking to improve before the transfer window shuts! As I don’t want the Nani’s or Downing’s tearing through the wings.

In midfield palacios will be a great player to have in the centre and whitehead or Whelan will be good to have in there with him. Yet I will be looking to bring in a top centre-mid for the job! Etherington and pennant will be top wingers/wide men as they are both fast and good on the ball.

Up front, I am extremely looking forward to watching Kenwyne Jones playing as he is fast and good on the ball whilst be good in the air also! Up front with him crouch or walters will be there, or Jerome when he’s fit.

Overall, I have a good squad which I believe will be able to challenge in the top 7. Hopefully a few great signings this summer will bolster the squad further!

6th July 10.00am
Reporter: Welcome to Stoke City, how are you settling in?

Burrows: Thank you, I am settling in great, the lads are brilliant, and the staff here have welcomed me with open arms.

Reporter:
Do you have any idea your starting 11, are there any players, leaving, arriving?

Burrows: At the moment I am leaving it until after the pre-season matches to decide my XI, it all depends on form and how well the team works together. Also I am interested in taking Daniel Sturridge or Daniel Welbeck out on loan as these I believe are players that will help our team.

Reporter:
What is your tactical approach to the game?

Burrows:
well, since I was playing at youth level, I have had manager playing the ‘Barcelona’ style of football, which is what I’ll be looking at; lovely passing and possession game!

Burrows: Thankyou for you time.
View attachment 223136

NEWS: Stoke announce Friendlys

View attachment 223137

Stoke have announced their Pre-season matches these include Frankfurt and Cesena travelling to the Britannia Stadium whilst there are away trips to Haverfordwest, Neath and Wycombe.

Are anybody following?
will try get friendlies update tonight + transfers etc.
everything good so far? my first story, need to know if am doing any good :)

Update tomorrow morning, just doing now! been busy

Anybody following or got any feedback?

Great start man , keep up the good work :)

View attachment 223334
July
Friendly Updates:

Stoke City 5 vs. 0 Stoke City Reserves
Jones(3),Huth,Shawcross

Haverfordwest 1 vs. 7 Stoke City
Pennant,Jones,Crouch,Huth,Walters(2),Whitehead

Neath 2 vs. 4 Stoke City
Crouch(2)Whelan,Pennant

Wycombe 0 vs. 3 Stoke City
Etherington(2)Walters

Stoke City 2 vs. 2 Frankfurt
Palacios,Etherington

Stoke City 3 vs. 0 Cesena
Etherington,Crouch,Jones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 223336
Commentator: Welcome to the 3rd round qualifier 1st leg between Stoke City and Shahta. Stoke are clear favourites for this one, but as we’ve seen before anything can happen in football!
(Dressing Room)
Burrows: Boys, you all know what I expect from you in this game! This Is my first competitive game with you all, so go out there are give the world an example of whats to come!

Stoke City 1 vs. 1 Shahta

Burrows: lads, come on! What happened out there? You had most of the possession - somehow but you could hardly string 3 passes together. On a lighter note, the second half was much better, in the 2nd leg I expect better!

Burrows’ View
Overall July has gone well, we had some great performances especially against Wycombe and Cesena. However I am slightly disappointed with my first Competitive game, as I expected a win. Bring on august!

Player Of The Month
View attachment 223337
Kenwyne has been brilliant in pre-season scoring 6 goals in 7 games
Transfer Updates:
View attachment 223338
Pretty happy with getting Josh on loan as I feel he will be a great asset for the season. I sold Whelan to gain funds as I had £0! I have been looking at recently transfer listed Bassong who looks to be very popular with other managers.

August update will be up tonight I hope!
Is this update good? I will be doing the layout slightly different from now on, as this one is a bit untidy as it’s only friendlies.​

Last edited:
View attachment 223356

TOP NEWS! Stoke’s have a work permit appeal rejected

View attachment 223357
Felipe Gutiérrez’s work permit was first turned down after Stoke had agreed a £5m bid for the youngster. However after Burrows appealed he was then rejected to much disappointment.
We managed to catch Manager Jake Burrows as he was setting off home for the night:

Burrows: I am obviously very disappointed that we couldn’t get a work permit for Felipe as he is a young star in the making! We tried to appeal, yet that wasn’t good enough, however I wont give up just yet and will aim to look at a players around the globe to improve our squad.

Stoke have been rumored to be looking at Sebastian Bassong, Frimpong and the legendry Michael Owen.

Other News From The Barclays Premier League

• [*=center]Manchester City carry on their spending spree on full-back Srna of shaktar for a reported £15.5m
    [*=center]Arsenal sign Anyukov from Zenit st Petersburg £10.25m
    [*=center] American Landon Donovan has signed for Tottenham Hotspur.

More news as it happens!

Just a quick update, august updates coming later, thanks jake.​

View attachment 223414
Burrows to make a surprise announcement!

Reports have just come in that in two hours Jake will hold a conference to announce something.

View attachment 223415
Fans are already speculating what the manager could be about to say, some rumours are of Stoke signing a marquee player, possible takeover or maybe even early resignation which would be a nightmare for the City fans.

Sky Sources have found out that Burrows has managed to keep this a secret to virtually everyone. As only the Board, directors know what is happening.

We will keep you posted, and bring the interview live as it happens.

*****************************************​

3pm

View attachment 223434
Stoke City Conference With Jake Burrows!

Georgie Thompson: The wait is over Stoke City fans, Peter Coates is at the desk and ready to reveal his surprise to all the reporters. Now lets go live to the Conference!

Peter Coates: hi all, thank you for coming at such short notice. We wont take too long, many will be wondering where Jake is, well… here he come with our…NEW signing THIAGO!

(Applause)

Burrows: First off I want to apologise for the wait, but as you may of noticed I wanted to give the fans a surprise and something to cheer about. And well, I am glad to announce Thiago as our new signing!

Reporter: You sit here next to Thiago, surely your pleased to have a player of such calibre and potential as him?

Burrows: of course I am, that’s exactly why am so delighted, he can be a massive hit here!

Reporter: How do you think this will help the current players at the club?

Burrows: It will be a massive lift,everyone want to the see Stoke improving and to see a such great player arrive is brilliant!

Reporter: It is being reported that Thiago has cost the club around the region of £15m, is the bank completely empty? Any more players coming in?

Burrows: The bank isn’t completely empty however Thiago will be the only very expensive player to arrive, however I cant rule out anything else, as things can happen very quickly! Thank you for your time.

Breaking News: Thiago Signs for Stoke City!

Burrows has announced a £15m signing of Thiago from Barcelona!
View attachment 223436

August update coming up tonight, sorry been a bit slow! Had to get abit about Thiago signing, good I idea with making the fans storyline?​

August ‘11

View attachment 223537

Shahtar (1) vs. (1)Stoke City

Commentator: hello and welcome to the 2nd leg Shahtar vs. Stoke City. In the first leg Stoke were shocking as they drew 1-1 so lets see how they improve tonight!
(Dressing Room)
Burrows: Right boys, today is a new game, forget the last one, go out and win this one for the fans. Kenwyne you know what I expect ; close down the ball at all times, Palacios recently you’ve been playing bril’ keep it up and you’ll be fine! COME ON lads!
HT - (1) Shahtar 0 - 3 Stoke (4) FT (2) Shahtar 1 - 3 Stoke (4)

Burrows’ View
The opening game of the season If coming up! I cant wait and neither can the lads, Pre-Season went great and I believe we can break the top 7 this season, fingers crossed! Our first game is against Bolton in two days time! We’re just going through fast, pacey pass and move to tear open the Bolton defence!
View attachment 223538

Match day 1
Stoke City 1 vs. 0 Bolton Wanderers
Pennant

Very happy to get a win in the first game, to be honest it was a poor game,we missed plenty of chances, seeing three great headers skimming the cross bar in 10mins.After having 56% possession, my pass and possession game looks good so far, to be continued in the future.
MOM Jermaine Pennant

View attachment 223537

Ekranas 0 vs. 4 Stoke City

Crouch(2)Wilson,Palacios

1st half excellent, 3-0 up at half time, in the second half the boys slacked off a little, but kept the possession high, finishing the match with 63% possession! West brom next game, hopefully everyone will be available and fit!
MOM Peter Crouch

Injury News!
Kenwyne Jones 6-7 weeks Fractured elbow

View attachment 223538

Match day 2

West Brom 1 vs. 1 Stoke City
Wilson(p)

I have to be honest, this is such a lucky result! We played diabolical. We were outclassed by a brilliant west brom team on the day, I expect to see a much more improved game in the Euro Cup 2nd leg, to give a boost for Arsenal!
MOM Asmir Begovic

View attachment 223537

(4) Stoke City 0 vs. 0 Enkranas (0)

Pretty disappointing match to be fair. Our strikers were pretty lazy, all it seemed is that every through ball ran to their keeper, nevertheless we are through! Hopefully a good result against arsenal will give us a boost!

Euro Group Draw!

View attachment 223539

View attachment 223538

Match Day 3
Stoke City 1 vs. 2 Arsenal
Pennant

In a game that we was tipped to lose heavily, we gave a strong spirited attempt against one of the ‘top 4’ teams! Arshavin scoring the winner in the 76th min. pretty gutted to not able to hold on to the draw or even ****** a winner after hitting the woodwork 3 times!
MOM Van Persie

Player of the month
Jermaine Pennant
View attachment 223540
Consistent and popped up with goals and assists.

Burrows’ View
August started off as a very good month, further along the month however the team slid abit. A positive performance against Arsenal was good and just what I need to give me faith! So far I’ve only lost once in two months in charge. My aim for September is to be more consistent in front of goal!

Sorry about being a long time, took longer than I thought!
And my internet went down, anyway any good?​

i like the form of style ur doin ur story (in a managers point of view) i havent been very clear hopefully u will know wat i mean

Last edited:
i like the form of style ur doin ur story (in a managers point of view) i havent been very clear hopefully u will know wat i mean
Yes i get you, thanks man! Burrows' View i thought was a nice touch to like add on! Just playing September now! been out all day so havent had the chance