Yeah i'll be following.:D also you made 2 good signings in Pires and Thiago;)Shame about Cisse and Niang:(I'll be voting for you in the story of the week competition;)One last thing;just because nobody comments you should still continue some peeps mite not have an account but still be following I was following loads of stories when I did'nt have an account:$STOKE TO WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE:D
Yes i just seen, appreciate it mate thankyou! and yes i am, been out today thats why i have been slow, something coming up in a few mins that i havent seen in anybody elses yet and then the december update!

View attachment 224306
Half-way Barclays Premier League Review

League Table
View attachment 224307

Overachievers
Wolves
After an impressive start to the premier league season, wolves find themselves in 7th position and seem to look like there going to be up there fighting for Europe at the end!

Underachievers
Sunderland
Lowly Sunderland find themselves at the bottom of the table as they look to be having a fight to save themselves from the drop.

Team Stats

View attachment 224308

Player Stats

View attachment 224309

Match Of The Season So far

View attachment 224310

A thrilling encounter between Newcastle and Sunderland in the Tyneside derby at the beginning of the season with Newcastle dominated throughout and winning the game 5 goals to one.

December update hopefully tonight, everyone enjoying it
So far?​

Sunderland are sure to break the record for the lowest points in them premier league which is currently held by Derby with 11:OI'd bet on Stoke winning the Europa league plus the EPL:pAnd i'm a Chelsea fan!!

View attachment 224314
Top News: ‘Burrows is a w*****’

Experienced goalkeeper Carlo Nash has gone on record to slate his current manager Jake Burrows

This follows after Nash is unhappy with the lack of first-team football, he claims to have spoken to Jake about having a chance and that he got told he would do.
Nash is third ranked keeper in the squad so his chances really look slim, however he stated ‘we’re in the semi-final of the league cup, why didn’t I even get a chance in one of them games…’

After being questioned on the matter Jake had this to say ‘Carlo and I have not even spoken about his match time, in my opinion he is a experienced keeper how ever I don’t believe he has the quality to be at the top of our squad or be playing in the Premier league. After seeing what Carlo called me, I will be having a chat with him about it and hear his view, as it remains I cannot see him being a Stoke City player for much longer.’

View attachment 224315

More news as we get it
Reported by Georgie Thompson

December update coming up tonight after training .

Wow! got alot of games to play in december! pretty much nearly there! thanks for being patient hopefully up in a hour or so! any feedback ?

View attachment 224399

Upson has contract mutually terminated
View attachment 224406
Upson's contract was terminated today by Stoke after he hands in transfer request.

In an act of defiance Upson handed in a transfer request after a lack of first team football made him long to be somewhere else. We have received statements for both parties.

Upson: 'I am very dissappointed to leave Stoke City fc as their fans,staff and players are some of the best people i have worked with and i have enjoyed my time there. however i wish to play first team football and the current manager wasn't showing any chances and i handed in my formal request'

Burrows:'We received a formal transfer request at 11am today,the reasons were due to lack of playing time. i took this as a sign of disrespect to me,the club and his team mates. i understood that he wanted to leave to find football, and as manager of Stoke City i wouldn't want this to de-moralize the rest of the squad, so asked him if he'd accept the chance of a contract termination and he agreed. That will be all.

Fans of Stoke City football club have issued gratitude to Jake after understanding his reasons for letting Upson leave. Burrows is becoming a great hit with the fans especially after the great form that they have been in recently.

December update coming up soon, sorry for the wait.

following mate some brilliant results and great signing in thiago love the layout aswel mate keep up the good work

December’11
View attachment 224463
News: Burrows to make changes for Euro clash!

Euro - new boys Stoke city are going into tonights clash with Wisla with qualification already guaranteed
.Stoke manager Jake Burrows has told local newspapers that he expects a good performance to help get top spot in their group. Burrows has had a good start to his City life, with the club going roughly two months without a loss!

View attachment 224464

Group Match 5
Wisla 0 vs. 0 Stoke City
I’m not to disappointed as we have already qualified. I had made changes to the team to give a few rotation players a chance. Still unbeaten however which is great
!
MOM Thiago

View attachment 224465
Semi Final Draw
Wolves vs. Stoke City
Tottenham vs. Blackpool

View attachment 224466

Match Day 13
Newcastle United 1 vs. 5 Stoke City
Etherington,Higginbottom,Woodgate,Fuller,Moult
What a result! Absolutely brilliant from my boys, they played out of their skins and got the reward! I am feeling slightly bad from the result as my opposite number Alan Pardrew got the sack an hour after the game! Suppose that’s just how football goes!
MOM Matthew Etherington

Match Day 14
Stoke City 3 vs. 1 Sunderland
Thiago(p),Fuller(2)
The game started off with them scoring in the first 2 mins, which was a big downer. However as the game progressed we played a lot better football and got into the games, we got given the penalty just on the stroke of half time which was a relief! We then went on to boss the 2nd half, playing nice neat football which lead to both goals!
MOM Ricardo Fuller

Match Day 15
Stoke City 0 vs. 3 Chelsea
Sadly, but expectedly our unbeaten run game to an end after defeat to the Londoners. Nevertheless we played well and apart from the scoreline the game was tight. I’m really proud of our unbeaten run of 10 league games unbeaten and hope for a continued form for the rest of the season.
MOM Thiago

View attachment 224464

Group Match 6
Stoke City 3 vs. 1 Spartak Moscow
Woodgate,Tonge,Crouch
In a match that we controlled, we finished off the group with 13pointed out of 18. Which is very good as I wasn’t expected to get through!

Two hours later…
I went down to see the Euro cup draw live as I had to show my face as to me it’s a massive achievement on personal and team levels! We were given a draw against…PSV! Am sure it could have been worse but still they’re a great side, and we will have to be at our best to get through!

View attachment 224466

Match Day 16
Swansea 0 vs. 1 Stoke City
Huth

A good win against a very good Swansea side, we took control of the game from the off but just wouldn’t score! Defence was on par and Huth ( our top scorer in the prem’) scoring the winner! Well played boys!
MOM Robert Huth

Match Day 17
Stoke City 2 vs. 1 Blackburn Rovers
Jones,Shawcross

In a somewhat tight affair, we came out on top after fighting hard to take the lead against a resilient Blackburn Rovers. It is nice to see our Kenwyne getting a goal as well as Ryan. We are now 7th in the league, which is great and playing great passing football, the way I have taught them since the beginning.
MOM Kenwyne Jones

Match Day 18
Norwich 1 vs. 1 Stoke City
Jones

Pretty gutted with this result as it was a very winnable game, so we lost 2 valuable points today! Shame as we played well, apart from letting too much pressure on us at times! However on a plus note, we are unbeaten in a few games which is good! Bring on Liverpool
MOM Ryan Shawcross

Match Day 19
Liverpool 1 vs. 1 Stoke City
Higginbotham(p)

What a result! I have now had 1-1 vs. City, Tottenham and now Liverpool, absolutely brilliant lads! Today I visited my favorite club, and came out of it with a valuable point! So happy and proud of the lads and how hard they have worked. Keep it up lads and we have a bright future ahead of ourselves!
MOM Danny Higginbotham

Match Of The Month
View attachment 224468

Player Of The Month
Ricardo Fuller
View attachment 224469​
Burrows’ View
December has been a brilliant month for Stoke City! To draw vs. Liverpool was amazing and I am very proud of how hard the lads have worked this season and long may it continue! To top it all off I cam 3rd in Manager Of The Month award, which is always good!

Last edited:
Thanks for the views guys :)! a little update coming up in 15mins! enjoy and keep enjoying it, and point me in the right direction if i'm doing anything wrong...

View attachment 224514

Breaking News - Stoke City sign Mbaye Niang!
Niang has signed a 3 year deal with the Potters after he was bought by them for 7.5m over 48 months.

View attachment 224536

This is Manager Jake Burrows’ first dip into the January Window, and he has probably captured one of the youngest potential greats! At just 17 he scored 9 in 14 appearances for his old club. So they were quick to snap him from ’bigger’ club’s reach!
Mr Burrows and his new player answered a few quick questions earlier today;

View attachment 224537

Reporter: You sit here along side Niang, how did you notice this player?

Burrows: Well, I caught a glance at his records this season in our local paper, so I sent a scout over to watch him play, and am not kidding you. All the scout papers were positive, so I knew I had to have this guy!

Reporter: Mbaye is only just turned 17, where does he stand within your club, starting 11, youngster?

Burrows: Niang was more of a impact player in the next 2 years or so however I know he has the ability to shine from now. So don’t be surprised if he’s in the starting line up as it’s only a matter of time!

Reporter: Mbaye, what interested you to join Stoke?

Niang: The manager, I spoke with him, for 4 hours about the ambitions and aims for the club in the next few years, and I was very impressed, especially recently I have been watching my new team - mates on TV and I was very impressed on how well they played and listened to Coach Burrows.

Burrows: Thanks guys! That’ll be all for now.

Other News

• [*=center]Chelsea looking to buy Napoli attacking mid Ezequiel Lavezzi
    [*=center]Matthew Upson could sign for Fulham
    [*=center]Burnley interested in Stoke’s Michael Tonge

**********************************************************​

January’12

View attachment 224605

Commentator: Welcome to today’s league contest between Bolton and Stoke. Stoke are currently unbeaten in 4 and look to carry on their form here today. We have had many question off the team line-up and many wondering if new boy Niang will be featuring.

10mins later

Commentator: No Niang in the starting line up however he is on the bench, how good of a buy will he be for Stoke City, such a bright future ahead of him… Ref is ready, and we’re off!

Match Day 20
Bolton Wanderers 0 vs. 3 Stoke City
Pennant,Huth,Jones

In a game that we dominated throughout, surprisingly it took til the 55th min to open the scoring. We played beautiful passing ‘Barcelona’ football which at the present I am delighted with! We are now 5 games unbeaten which is really impressive and lie in 8th place!
MOM Jermaine Pennant

View attachment 224606

3RD Round
Birmingham City 0 vs. 1 Stoke City
Walters
In what was a tight match, we managed to break the deadlock and stop the game from being replayed in the 92nd min. we played well, getting some good chances and Thiago going so close near the end from a Niang cross, but it was substitute Walters that put the ball in the back of the net after Palacios found him open. We have got drawn with Newcastle United in the 4th Round.
MOM Wilson Palacios

View attachment 224607

Semi-final 1st leg
Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 vs. 1 Stoke City
Jones

We really need to improve on this performance if we are going to get through in the return leg! I am happy we have got the away goal, however we need to step it up a gear if we are to make it the league cup final! Possession was very equal with us having 51% however they had 23 shots compared to our 4!
MOM Kenwyne Jones

View attachment 224605

Match Day 21
West Brom 0 vs. 4 Stoke City
Higginbotham(3) (2p),Jones

What a result! I expected a close game, however we scored 4! And wow, I’ve never in my career seen a Centre back score a hat-trick, two of them being penalties. We are still unbeaten, which is brilliant and makes me very proud! 7th in the league aswell, one point behind Liverpool. Arsenal is up next, come on you potters!

Match Day 22
Arsenal 2 vs. 0 Stoke City

We were not going to cause an upset with our performance today! We only had 2 shot all game, which isn’t good enough and were lucky that we didn’t concede more. Unfortunately Danny Higginbotham has been injured luckily only for a week, but will miss the 2nd leg of the Carling Cup
MOM Ryan Shawcross

View attachment 224607

Semi-Final 2nd Leg
(1) Stoke City vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers (1)

View attachment 224608

Half Time : Stoke city 2 (3) vs. (2) 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Jones,Niang

Brilliant first half, we have played well and got two goals, unfortunately let in a goal however I’m confident we can pull it off in the second half and finish off the game and cement our place in the Final of the Carling Cup!

Full Time: Stoke City (5) 4 vs. (2) 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Jones,Niang,Walters,Shawcross

We’ve done the unexpected and made it all the way to the final! Unbelievable scenes when the final whistle went, I have to admit I went a bit OTT! But that’s how football goes! So proud of the lads, brilliant! Celebration drinks will be on hold as we have 2 games in the next 5 or so days! Sorry lads, It’ll be worth it in the end! I’m sure this has left the fans dreaming!
MOM Ryan Shawcross

View attachment 224606

Dressing Room
Burrows: Boys, great win last game, however lets not get ahead of ourselves, we have to do a job here, lets not get complacent either! Pass and move at all times. Anyone what 3 aims that I want from you?
Shawcross: 3 options at least when there is a throw-in
Palacios: if we lose the ball, you have to get it back within 6 seconds
Everyone: Marking all times!
Burrows: Good, now lets go out there and get a win!

4th Round
Newcastle United 2 vs. 4 Stoke City
Niang,Woodgate,Walters(2)
What a brilliant game! Controlled the match and scored the goals! Excellent performance from the lads and they have done themselves and the club proud! We have been given a 5th round tie with Crystal Palace!
MOM Jonathan Walters

View attachment 224605

Match Day 22
Stoke City 1 vs. 2 Man United
walters

Unlucky lads, against the champions this is a good result, lets pick ourselves up and go on to win the next game. Come on!

Match Of The Month

View attachment 224627

Player Of The Month

View attachment 224628

11am
Mr Coates has called me in to his office this morning.

Burrows: Sir, you called for me?

Mr Coates: God sake jake, how many times call me Peter! Your not my pupil so don’t be worried *chuckle*

Burrows: oops! Sorry Peter, so you wanted to discuss something I guess?

Peter: Don’t be worried, just coming to discuss our progress and aims etc.

Burrows: oh okay, well I feel that we are doing great, League cup final, FA Cup 5th round and 7th in the league and still in the Euro Cup too so far we are doing very well!

Peter: I certainly agree with you there! Also the boys are looking fantastic in the way they play and also in training they always seem focused.

Burrows: Start as we mean to go on, you cant mess around in training then expect a good outcome in the matches!

Peter: Brilliant jake, you’ve passed my little task…

Burrows: What task?…

Peter: Well, I wanted to see how determined and enthusiastic you are about the club! And you’ve a lot of people wrong with your work so far, you a very talented manager and you’ve still got the ability to become better!

Burrows: Thankyou sir, I mean Peter. It means a lot ! If you don’t mind however I’ve got to get back to training, fitness today so cant let the lads slack

Peter: Good, there’s no slacking around here! Keep up the good work.

Burrows’ View :

wow! I have really impressed the chairmen, but it is all down to the lads, they have been exceptional, to be honest I’m really hoping to get offered a new contract soon! Well bye for now, seeing the lads running for 30mins is so funny, so cant miss their faces!

How am I doing guys, really want to know everyone’s opinion?
Try and get Febuary update tonight, or tomorrow morning!​

February update tomorrow dinner ish ! need to catch up on some sleep! glad your all enjoying so far and thanks for the positive feedback as well! means alot as it is my first story!

Last edited:
February update tomorrow dinner ish ! need to catch up on some sleep! glad your all enjoying so far and thanks for the positive feedback as well! means alot as it is my first story!
You're doing really well you certainly can't tell this is you're first story:D

February’12
View attachment 224771

Match Day 24
Sunderland 2 vs. 2 Stoke City
Niang,Walters

I am pretty sad that we only drew this game however Sunderland were predicted to smash us, confusing! However we went 2-0 down from goals off … Papiss Cisse, should of known! Yet we got back, with Niang getting his first league goal for the club! He has scored 3 in 6 with 4 of them being off the bench! Walters came on at half time and showed what an super sub he is! What a great player I have in my team.
MOM Ryan Shawcross

Match Day 25
Aston Villa 3 vs. 3 Stoke City
Niang,Jones,Walters

In a some what tight game, we took the lead 3 times, in recent times I havent been very happy with the lads defensive ways, we have let in to many sloppy goals which will be the main objective in training; to improve defensively. On a positive note Niang scored a spectacular goal, and was his 4th goal for the club in 7. It looks like we have a gem in the pack!
MOM Mbaye Niang

View attachment 224772

1st Round knockout 1st Leg
Stoke City 2 vs. 1 PSV
Shawcross,Jones

So happy for the lads, what a great win! Taking a lead to PSV will definatly help as these are a great team, pretty gutted to of let in a goal however I aim to grab a what could be a decisive away goal at their place! Well done lads, Crystal Palace in the FA Cup next!
MOM Ryan Shawcross

View attachment 224773

5th Round
Stoke City 4 vs. 0 Crystal Palace
Marrow(og),Niang,Walters(2)

We absolutely dominated the match and got a deserved scoreline in the process. Quite recently we have been playing out of out skins and the Barcelona style of play is really working! We got drawn with West Ham in the Quarter Finals at home, giving us a excellent chance to go the Semi-final at Wembley!
MOM Jonathan Walters

View attachment 224772

1st Round Knockout 2nd Leg
PSV 1 vs. 2 Stoke City
Walters,Whitehead

We’re through! I cant believe it, what a gallivant performance. We got the deserved victory in the end and won 4-2 on aggregate! We now have to face a tough Panathiakos. Well done lads, lets take our form and attitude into the Carling Cup Final with Spurs.
MOM Jonathan Walters

Match Of The Month

View attachment 224774

Player Of The Month

View attachment 224775
Brilliant this month once again, Stoke’s player of the season so far!

Burrows’ View
What a brilliant month in terms of our cup games! The lads have worked their socks of for me this month, and as a reward are in the quarter finals Fa Cup,2nd Round Euro Cup and the Final of the League Cup! I hope we can carry on this form until the end of the season and picking up more great wins in the process.

I have left out the Tottenham league cup final at the end of the month as I am doing that seperatly, anyone got any ideas they want to see in the League Cup Final post? I am doing, Build up, Game , afterwards, fan views… anything else?​