A REAL SOCIEDAD STORY - PASS THE PARCEL

So I've taken over the save, haven't got far other than removing the tactics Matt had and implementing my own.

As you can see I have one attacking formation encouraging a high tempo short passing game with a zonal defense and pressing. Basically trying to run our opponents off the ball and dictate play from there.

Then we have the Counter tactic, which I've used for my Rise of The Cypriots save, which may get introduced a couple of years into updates, but It's served me well, getting me past teams such as Rubin, Palermo and surviving Newcastle United

Then we have the last tactic, what I do with this one is crawl through football and try to find successful tactics and re-implement them in the modern game. The one we'll be using this time is Helenio Herrera's catenaccio

We'll see how it goes in transition, it's over 50 years old! So due to Matt's advice I need to look for some defense, my first issue though will be finding a quality DM, next update will probably come tomorrow​

Transfers

So looking at the club we had absolutely no DMs of any variety other than some 30 year old dude, who just wasn't cutting the mustard, So with 30+ Mil I've bought in these dudes with 10 or so left to spend if necessary.

Francis Coquelin

3 Mil at Arsenal, absolutely no idea why, but I'm not complaining. Little bit of development to go and we're looking at a classy player once he fully grows.

Maxi Pereira

SLB Right Back for 4.4 mil, slots into the team straight away and gives a massive boost to both the defense and offense going forward, I've always loved him from FIFA so to get him that cheap was awesome

Panagiotis Tachtidis

My favorite DM in the game from my Swansea save and to come in for 6mil was great considering Man City paid 20 for him in the last save I used him for, solid DM who I was thinking of training for the Sweeper role to play the catenaccio with, but he lost out to this dude

Mario Suarez

Don't know what Athletico were smoking when they put this dude on the list, he's easily one of the best players at the club, so really pumped to have him. He's currently learning Sweeper because He'd make a fantastic Libero, Beckenbauer-esque I suppose you could say.

Nicolas Tagliafico

Finding a left back in this game is torture, anyone else noticed that? Willems, Mino. Rausch etc; all got negotiated at 20+ mil and I wasn't keen on blowing the whole budget. So I remembered this dude from somewhere randomly and found him at Banfield, so happy to find a decent bloke at a decent price.

So the Aim for this season? I think the only thing I can really do is try and catch Madrid, see how we go.​

thanks for listening to the get more defensive players! i am not very good at picking out the defence but i have a keen eye for future attackers/goalscorers!

you should have also tried my 4-3-2-1 tactic :p it was good and is similar to your first tactic apart from yours has a DM, other than that it's rather similar :p

Some gr8 signings ! Lets see if we can push Madrid again this season

thanks for listening to the get more defensive players! i am not very good at picking out the defence but i have a keen eye for future attackers/goalscorers!

Haha, Midfields my thing so having the DMs was great, didnt touch the strikers, though Id put odds on Watt not scoring as many this season, I had a bid for Capuano go down just three minutes ago, so one decent CB and I think we'll be right for this season

My prediction for top scorers this year

Poacher
Advanced Playmaker
CBs (set piece mayhem!)

August

Top of the Table but How long will it last?

A month of relative normal-ness as I brought in this dude for 5.5 I think, solid CB who's happy to play in the Rotation squad position

We have played 3 matches so far winning all three, stuck it to Valencia before I tested the my Counter tactic against a surprisingly rampant Mallorca and then we ground out Sevilla, two of the top teams out of the way with point on the board, can't complain.

Yet to give the catennacio a whirl, but will probably do so against Italy in the upcoming friendly.

Player of the Month

Ezequiel Munoz

Rock at the back has led to us only conceding one goal, and he netted the winner against Sevilla from a corner, had a second to but it got disallowed

7.83 match rating so far, hopefully he keeps it above 7.2 for the season.

Some great transfers making the squad more balanced than previous seasons.

Some great transfers making the squad more balanced than previous seasons.

yeah! i only noticed the leaky/thin defence after the January window.. as for the DM's i never used them so i didn't really bother buying more..

[video=youtube;K09AC2Rpecc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K09AC2Rpecc[/video]

What a rip-snorter, Alvarez is a complete beast

Sorry guys, been busy finishing up school, one should be coming in about the next hour :p

Nice signings and great start.
Didn't realise coquelin would turn out so good. Will look at him in my saves.